Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Yeah, I think Nick is a pretty obvious candidate for a traitor.
I think it's a bit too obvious. If Nick is holding any secrets, it's either that he is gay, or maybe asexual. Though there was that flashback to a walk of shame where they chanted his name, we have never really seen him with a woman, and while he's slightly more cheerful if you give him money to buy a dance at the Pink Rose, he just doesn't seem all that enthusiastic.

They do provide an excuse about him missing his DIK brother, Vin, but it was also Vin's former room where the laptop was found (and where we find Nick). Whoever did the laptop stunt would have to know where it was beforehand, and that Vin's old room was empty, to have avoided others during the party. Sure, Nick qualifies, but it's just too obvious.
How would Nick get the video though? Access to the laptop was restricted after the Cathy nude leak and only Tommy, Rusty and Fuckface had access.
All the brothers' phones link to the laptop. Jamie's phone went missing(claims he lost it). Logical process here is that Burke somehow has his missing phone, and he periodically browses whatever gets uploaded.

I had initially debated if it was because MC got Vin's recycled phone, but Burke only sees the video if you tell Derek about it, which results in having to upload it to the laptop.
Maybe there's something about Jade's background that he desperately wants and now that he has the "video" he could hold it against her and with Cathy gone
He doesn't want a divorce because of how much he'd lose, in terms of assets/money. The video of ger infidelity would likely be a slam dunk in his favor if there were any need for litigation, such as alimony. Odds are good any judge would rule against Jade with that kind of evidence, and with the role play "mommy" talk (if you went that route) could potentially use it to claim she was an unfit parent as well, though with both adoptive kids being college age there isn't any kind of custody/child support argument that I can imagine being relevant here.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Can only say that in Bella's case MC is the asshole. And even though Bella is hurt deeply she wishes the MC best of luck.
Too bad you don't have the next picture, (neither do i btw) because that is how real sadness or even depression looks like.

I know it's a game and i also had this scene on the first playthrough hoping Jill and Bella somehow could be together with you but i cursed MC at that point.
How in the world could he tell Bella off in a fucking phonecall after all she did for him....
A MC who messes with Bella just to dump her at the end of EP8 is a top 3 most asshole routes, perhaps top 1 in my opinion, it's clear Bella's broken and feels something for MC from the very beginning, but she's able to fight it, until he keeps constantly throwing himself at her, then she starts letting her defenses down, starts to have some resemblance of hope for a happier life, then MC comes in at full speed, 5th gear, dumping her for another girl, through a fucking phone call... dude doesn't even have the balls to do it in person.
I doubt it it'll happen due to development constraints but on this branch MC and Bella should not touch each other with a ten-foot pole.

And it's true that Bella's not a saint either considering what she does to Jill if she's messing around with MC, but fuck me if she deserves the way MC treats her and plays around with her feelings.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A MC who messes with Bella just to dump her at the end of EP8 is a top 3 most asshole routes, perhaps top 1 in my opinion, it's clear Bella's broken and feels something for MC from the very beginning, but she's able to fight it, until he keeps constantly throwing himself at her, then she starts letting her defenses down, starts to have some resemblance of hope for a happier life, then MC comes in at full speed, 5th gear, dumping her for another girl, through a fucking phone call... dude doesn't even have the balls to do it in person.
I doubt it it'll happen due to development constraints but on this branch MC and Bella should not touch each other with a ten-foot pole.

And it's true that Bella's not a saint either considering what she does to Jill if she's messing around with MC, but fuck me if she deserves the way MC treats her and plays around with her feelings.
Until the seventh chapter their relationship is quite strange, between abuse and sexual outbursts...

Then consider that in fact on their first date Bella runs away for no apparent reason.

In short, there are reasons to dump her, if only not over the phone

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
Until the seventh chapter their relationship is quite strange, between abuse and sexual outbursts...

Then consider that in fact on their first date Bella runs away for no apparent reason.

I've finished Chapter 8 but I don't remember this happening. Maybe because I'm on Bella's route?

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016

I'm not saying there's no reason for him to dump her, it's just the way he does it that's makes him too much of a cunt considering the circumstances.
Bella's clearly understanding of his reasoning even by just talking over the phone, but she deserves better closure in my opinion

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not saying there's no reason for him to dump her, it's just the way he does it that's makes him too much of a cunt considering the circumstances.
Bella's clearly understanding of his reasoning even by just talking over the phone, but she deserves better closure in my opinion
And on that I agree.

But it is harsh to say that mc deceived her, theirs is a strange relationship and in reality one would say that mc took advantage of her psychological state rather than helped her

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've finished Chapter 8 but I don't remember this happening. Maybe because I'm on Bella's route?
You forgot. After their first date at a restaurant, during the walk Bella at one point runs away without reason and without much explanation.

If you are not in her route, you don't see the scene

Reactions: mightybored

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
You forgot. After their first date at a restaurant, during the walk Bella at one point runs away without reason and without much explanation.

If you are not in her route, you don't see the scene
I remember that but not dumping her. Hmm.... I'm currently replaying the game and I'm on Chapter 7. Seems I'll find out later.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
And on that I agree.

But it is harsh to say that mc deceived her, theirs is a strange relationship and in reality one would say that mc took advantage of her psychological state rather than helped her
I don't think MC deceived her, but there's definitely a bit of manipulation going around.
One can argue that he doesn't really does it on purpose, he's a 19 years old who's just thinking with his dick at that point and Bella's also at fault for having feelings for a teenage adult, but the way he handles it is irresponsible nonetheless. I hope not, but considering some of DPC's more sadistic tendencies, MC might have broken Isabella even more than before in this particular branch.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think MC deceived her, but there's definitely a bit of manipulation going around.
One can argue that he doesn't really does it on purpose, he's a 19 years old who's just thinking with his dick at that point and Bella's also at fault for having feelings for a teenage adult, but the way he handles it is irresponsible nonetheless. I hope not, but considering some of DPC's more sadistic tendencies, MC might have broken Isabella even more than before in this particular branch.
Do you have doubts about this? After the scene in the library with Bella running away in tears?

DPC loves guilt

Reactions: DarkKiller

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
I played a route where i can choose one of the main girls Isabella, Jill and Sage but all of them are some lvl of wife material and it's sad to see them hurt especially Jill when i have to pick one of them so i was thinking of starting new routes where i will only go for one of them and do nothing with the others that way nobody is hurt and the mc is not a guy who thinks only with his dick but i don't know if that will work cause i really don't want to spend hours and getting nothing so im asking if somebody has done it and is there any consequences for going for only 1 main girl.

Reactions: cugel

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I played a route where i can choose one of the main girls Isabella, Jill and Sage but all of them are some lvl of wife material and it's sad to see them hurt especially Jill when i have to pick one of them so i was thinking of starting new routes where i will only go for one of them and do nothing with the others that way nobody is hurt and the mc is not a guy who thinks only with his dick but i don't know if that will work cause i really don't want to spend hours and getting nothing so im asking if somebody has done it and is there any consequences for going for only 1 main girl.
You can focus in one main girl and still have plenty of content with the side girls (except Cathy when you are in Bella path).

Reactions: giraffe69

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
You can try but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have much time on your hands. I'm currently doing that in this playthrough and it's a loooooooooooooot of work. Especially the mini-games.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes