dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
There are already a number of scenes and characters that are done multiple times because of possible effects:
  • During the period of the mansion being repaired, all rooms that have been cleared up are shown as cleared up when you visit them, and all rooms that are still a mess show as being a mess, based on your choices in the mansion mini game
  • Near the beginning of the game, if you talk to the guy in the dorm hall who is trying to get a coke and encourage him to compete in the chess competition, Cathy's relief teacher (before Bella takes the role) shows up with a beat up face, otherwise his face is fine.
  • Depending on how well you fight against Chad, his subsequent scenes may or may not have him with a bruised face.
  • All scenes where the mc can choose to wear or not wear the dildo helmet.
  • If you choose to fight Caleb, all future scenes with Jamie have him with black eye.
  • In episode 8, Josy wears the mc's sweater depending on their relationship.
So it wouldn't be a huge stretch to ask for the mc to get some more inconspicuous tats (obviously not a choice of 10 different facial tattoos! :eek:). Like ones that don't always show depending on what he's wearing at the time.

It's this kind of attention to detail (like how scenes play out differently and look different depending on which rooms you've already cleaned) that really make this game stand out. For all the debate over details like the Maya loan, or the "Fuck Fuck Fuck" reaction at the end of episode 8, this game still shits over just about every other piece of crap on this site.
I am curious if we get the tattoos because DPC gave us an option in Interlude. Zoey can decide if Emma has too many tattoos or not.

DPC could even make the tattoos thing so that the player can decide if the LI has tattoos, which ones and how many. That would be a moderate amount of work. He would just have to treat the tattoos in Daz3D and in the game like overlays.

1. he renders the figure with pose and scenery without tattoos.
2. then he adds the tattoos for the character, with the same pose, but hides everything except lights and the tattoos before rendering. The rendering will then be pretty darn fast because there is absolutely little to render.
3. so he only renders the tattoos and can insert them as an overlay in the game. So the player can then decide if and which tattoos the character should have.

Reactions: Pendrell and shazba

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I wonder if this is a hint from DPC. The screenshot is from the end of season 1. At the end of season 2 it is possible so that the wallet from the MC can have 10$ capacity and that too without stealing money.:unsure:

screenshot0007.png

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
?

Every year around this time, I review my Patreon page and make changes to my tiers. This year, I have no changes to any tiers below $75, but I've made a tough decision regarding the $75, $100, and $150 tiers.

If you're not pledging or planning to pledge those tiers, there's no relevant information below.

I have decided to discontinue the monthly Custom render reward starting January 2023. This means that the orders requested in November will be created and posted in December, and that will be the end of this reward.

The changes will be reflected as follows:

DIK Vice President (and above)
  • Added: This is an additional support tier for those who would like to contribute extra.
  • Rewards from previous tiers
  • Removed: Access to recent Custom renders
  • Removed: Each month, participate in entering suggestions for custom renders. 4 out of all entries are handpicked and produced for the following month. There's a chance that the produced renders will appear in the game.
  • DIK Vice President role on the DrPinkCake Discord server.

To further explain my reasoning behind this decision, creating 12-16 high-quality renders per month has become a considerable task.

Creating new environments for one-time use, buying assets, posing the renders, rendering, and distribution are eating up 7-10% of development time every month.

36 months of custom orders have yielded 513 unique custom renders, meaning I have way more than enough Custom renders to last the remaining Pack Quests of Being a DIK.

Going forward, I want to put that time back into game development.

I hope that those affected understand my reasoning behind this decision.

I understand if any Vice President or DIK President tier 1/2 would now want to lower their pledge unless you feel you still want to contribute extra to the game development.

The final chance to order Custom renders for December is t; I'll treat this last order with even more respect than usual. If you're sitting on ideas that are too good not to be made, throw them in there now. Since it's the last time, you may submit more than one request.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted an order in these tiers during these last three years, and I hope you have enjoyed the custom renders.

All the best

Dr PinkCake

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There are already a number of scenes and characters that are done multiple times because of possible effects:
  • During the period of the mansion being repaired, all rooms that have been cleared up are shown as cleared up when you visit them, and all rooms that are still a mess show as being a mess, based on your choices in the mansion mini game
  • Near the beginning of the game, if you talk to the guy in the dorm hall who is trying to get a coke and encourage him to compete in the chess competition, Cathy's relief teacher (before Bella takes the role) shows up with a beat up face, otherwise his face is fine.
  • Depending on how well you fight against Chad, his subsequent scenes may or may not have him with a bruised face.
  • All scenes where the mc can choose to wear or not wear the dildo helmet.
  • If you choose to fight Caleb, all future scenes with Jamie have him with black eye.
  • In episode 8, Josy wears the mc's sweater depending on their relationship.
So it wouldn't be a huge stretch to ask for the mc to get some more inconspicuous tats (obviously not a choice of 10 different facial tattoos! :eek:). Like ones that don't always show depending on what he's wearing at the time.

It's this kind of attention to detail (like how scenes play out differently and look different depending on which rooms you've already cleaned) that really make this game stand out. For all the debate over details like the Maya loan, or the "Fuck Fuck Fuck" reaction at the end of episode 8, this game still shits over just about every other piece of crap on this site.
come on... come on...

now the details would be the gimmicks around which the plot revolves and instead the substance would be a few more renders (which 50% of the players will notice to be optimistic) that try to make the scene more realistic?

DPC certainly has the merit of taking the trouble to give tangible implication to choices that are many times even minor

but all this effort at realism is pretty much thwarted if WTF is the first thought that comes to mind when faced with a scene that is supposed to be dramatic...

If you're not pledging or planning to pledge those tiers, there's no relevant information below.
And know that DPC hates you and you disgust him.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
  • Added: This is an additional support tier for those who would like to contribute extra.
  • Removed: Each month, participate in entering suggestions for custom renders. 4 out of all entries are handpicked and produced for the following month. There's a chance that the produced renders will appear in the game.
Madame Removed when?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Every year around this time, I review my Patreon page and make changes to my tiers. This year, I have no changes to any tiers below $75, but I've made a tough decision regarding the $75, $100, and $150 tiers.

I have decided to discontinue the monthly Custom render reward starting January 2023. This means that the orders requested in November will be created and posted in December, and that will be the end of this reward.

To further explain my reasoning behind this decision, creating 12-16 high-quality renders per month has become a considerable task.

Creating new environments for one-time use, buying assets, posing the renders, rendering, and distribution are eating up 7-10% of development time every month.

36 months of custom orders have yielded 513 unique custom renders, meaning I have way more than enough Custom renders to last the remaining Pack Quests of Being a DIK.

I understand if any Vice President or DIK President tier 1/2 would now want to lower their pledge unless you feel you still want to contribute extra to the game development.

The final chance to order Custom renders for December is t; I'll treat this last order with even more respect than usual. If you're sitting on ideas that are too good not to be made, throw them in there now. Since it's the last time, you may submit more than one request.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted an order in these tiers during these last three years, and I hope you have enjoyed the custom renders.

All the best

Dr PinkCake
Uhhhhh? Whatever, I'm chalking that up as a win. Even if the custom renders didn't actually take that much time from production, it still means more time going towards the actual next ep in development. Even if it's like 1%.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
You know, I'm wondering if Zoey turns out to not be the drama bomb everyone is expecting. Sure, when she returns, there'll be a bit but as things progress, and she definitely enrolls, she'll probably turn out to be an important ally and friend for the MC. I could see her helping the MC undermine Quinn's shenanigans like helping Riona out from under her influence.
MC: "It's OK Dad. I love you. No problem. You and Zoey will be great together."

• Haha
Reactions: Redd23

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020

All the best

Dr PinkCake
This is good this should speed up production by at least several weeks in the future unless he decides to put that 10% into making even longer animations.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Since this is an interlude, i'd say it's probably better if you try it now. This way when episode 9 comes out you won't be tempted to rush through the interlude just so you can pick up the main story again.
But really, if it is no big deal, the CNRL button works well.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
shazba, more like DPC's hypeman :cautious: :Kappa:
You should see the special renders he pays me in. Might explain the delays in development actually... :whistle:

come on... come on...

now the details would be the gimmicks around which the plot revolves and instead the substance would be a few more renders (which 50% of the players will notice to be optimistic) that try to make the scene more realistic?

DPC certainly has the merit of taking the trouble to give tangible implication to choices that are many times even minor

but all this effort at realism is pretty much thwarted if WTF is the first thought that comes to mind when faced with a scene that is supposed to be dramatic...

And know that DPC hates you and you disgust him.
This is a you problem. :p

It's down you your inability to get over a dude saying "fuck" three times whether it's because he's about to meet a teacher who has molested him in the past, or whether he has fucked a mom and daughter duo. It may comes as a surprise to you, but "fuck" is a very versatile word. I should know, I'm an expert at using it. :p

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
As someone who's tatted up irl I'd do the same lol. But imagine having to create an alternative render for each scene Tromolo is in(which is like 80% of the renders) just for minor aesthetics. It would be cool but a waste of time.
Same, and yeah, I get that it would be a lot of hassle to do so but still, IMAGINE. xD That'd be fuckin' amazing.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes