TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
How do I edit/read the Persistent file? I do not want to make changes in it inside of the console. I want to crack open the Persistent file & see what is inside of it.

Also is that where the majority of the variables/labels for specific saves get saved? I didnt think they did. But lookin through the save files on it doesnt have a lot of the label names in the code for choices. It does however have a crap ton of the Bios entries. Is the game trackin your choices by the saved Bios states?
The persistent file is a global save, it saves your settings, unlockable status by progress or trigger activation and, if included, your achievements.

Your in-game choices are saved in your savefiles, the ones you create while playing the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, but besides him seeing their expressions and the room they came from, there's nothing there for him to see, nothing to make any conclusions beyond Mona not being happy and Burke having a straight face....
That info is nothing more then the fact he seen them there, it's useless for any links to the free tuition scam, Mona left and even if and when she does tell her story, it's still just seeing them together there....
It's not an immediate deduction but not impossible either. That Mona could be a girl of Quinn, Camila being one, is an easy assumption. At that point that Mona doesn't run away because of a teaching issue becomes less impassable...

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I agree with mostly everything, but I don't think he made a mistake here. The MC doesn't have enough information to link Burke to Quinn and the restaurant. As far as he knows Quinn is pimping other girls to other students like him.
After Mona left college, the MC didnt even think about any reason...

yet he knows that Mona was chasing "the free tuition" just like maya did, which is offered by Quinn, he knwos that too, maya told him. The MC knows exactly what this means, of course its the restaurant...

At episode 5 MC knows no matter what your choices are, that camilla and Rio are in the restaurant thing. Heck they even told him that.

So Mona storms out a room, complete meltdown, saying "i cant do this" followed by camilla than Burke... knowing that camillia is in the prostituion and Mona wants the free tuition which means that she needs to go into prostituion as well. Yet he cant connect the dots here??? really? this is rather surprising here, but ok... i could deal with it... UNTIL Mona left the college. After all this what the MC knows and witnessed, there is really no explanation why the MC didnt even asked himself why Mona left, he simply doesnt bother with the fact that mona left at all after everything. Which is totally strange. He shrugs it off, nothing more.

I stick with it, this is a mistake by DPC... the MC should at least make a selfnote like: "hm, has this something to do with the restaurant and the free tuition or Burke? Ah i better keep my mouth shut" or something like that. But nothing... really nothing, that is totally strange... well it is what it is... but facing the end of episode 8, the whole thing gets even more important now. Cause now he is standing in the living room from the burkes, Sage (president of the HOTs) is the daughter of Burkes... if he doesnt connect any dots or asking himself some questions here, he is more stupid than Dawe.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Afterwards, Mc expressly says that he saw Mona and Burke.
Yeah, I had missed it in my previous posts, but I awknowledge it in the one you're quoting.

The other thing is I don't think the MC has enough information to link it all to Quinn and Burke.

It's not an immediate deduction but not impossible either. That Mona could be a girl of Quinn, Camila being one, is an easy assumption. At that point that Mona doesn't run away because of a teaching issue becomes less impassable...
Speaking of Camila. Has she slept with Burke? She says she only wants to use gloryholes to keep anonimity, but if she wants that free tuition...

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
There's way more evidence in Maya's scene with Mona and Queen for that and then all other small events happening...
Seeing Burke and Mona together is only worth it if it's to confirm Mona's story and with her gone there's little value to it.
Until Mona spills the beans it's just a useless fact, there's still the girls with knowledge of the free tuition deal, perhaps they don't want to tell but they can give info even if they want to keep their secrets...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, I had missed it in my previous posts, but I awknowledge it in the one you're quoting.

The other thing is I don't think the MC has enough information to link it all to Quinn and Burke.

Speaking of Camila. Has she slept with Burke? She says she only wants to use gloryholes to keep anonimity, but if she wants that free tuition...
No, but Camila reveals to him that she has refused to deal directly with customers, precisely to avoid adults, and that is why she limits herself to the gloryhole.
But MC only knows that if he goes with Camila in the fifth chapter

Reactions: ename144

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
No, but Camila reveals to him that she has refused to deal directly with customers, precisely to avoid adults, and that is why she limits herself to the gloryhole.
Think Camilla says she doesn't get free tuition but only works for the restaurant...
So basicly she does not have to deal with Burke... She tells that as to why her situation is different from Mona's...

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I would like to add, When Mc visited Josy (Hangout) where Jill confrontation happened. Mc said something about Mona and Quinn. I don't clearly remember tho but I think he knows about Burke involvement.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

yet he knows that Mona was chasing "the free tuition" just like maya did, which is offered by Quinn, he knwos that too, maya told him. The MC knows exactly what this means, of course its the restaurant...

At episode 5 MC knows no matter what your choices are, that camilla and Rio are in the restaurant thing. Heck they even told him that.

So Mona storms out a room, complete meltdown, saying "i cant do this" followed by camilla than Burke... knowing that camillia is in the prostituion and Mona wants the free tuition which means that she needs to go into prostituion as well. Yet he cant connect the dots here??? really? this is rather surprising here, but ok... i could deal with it... UNTIL Mona was forced to leave the college. After all this what the MC knows and witnessed, there is really no explanation why the MC didnt even asked himself why Mona left, he simply doesnt bother with the fact that mona left at all after everything. Which is totally strange. He shrugs it off, nothing more.

I stick with it, this is a mistake by DPC... the MC should at least make a selfnote like: "hm, has this something to do with the restaurant and the free tuition? Ah i better keep my mouth shut" or something like that. But nothing... really nothing, that is totally strange... well it is what it is... but facing the end of episode 8, the whole thing gets even more important now. Cause now he is standing in the living room from the burkes, Sage is the daughter of Burkes... if he doesnt connect any dots or asking himself some questions here, he is more stupid than Dawe.
I don't think the MC has any reasons (yet) to link the restaurant to Burke. It's just Mona and Burke comming out of a room. Suspicious for sure, but nothing to link it to the restaurant. Camila didn't come after Mona from the room, but from the bar, they weren't together. The MC only has this scene of Mona storming out of the mansion and that she quits like a week later (he doesn't know that she was forced to quit either), like a lot of people does. He doesn't have enough information to link it all yet. Maybe to be a bit suspicious, but you can't get any conclusions from that.

I've seen that scene, but she says she does gloryholes only to avoid being recognised, doesn't she? I don't think she mentions adults. It's the same reason why she doesn't want to do the public sex one to help him.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Its a big Problem with the game as a whole, that we cant be sure what the MC is seeing and what not... there are a ton of big scenes in the game where the mc is not even near it, and some scenes are in his reach but we cant be sure what he really saw...
Literally have to move to the location in order to see the scene.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Suffering from insomnia so I'll bite.Fuckface has already formed a first impression of Jill from those two meetings. I think the comment about whether it was really her was referring to her lack of confidence and vulnerability, traits we now associate totally with her, but she seemed extremely strong and confident in her first scenes.
Daz3D does not offer that much variation in male models. If short hair and thin makes someone Stephen like then most middle-aged men in games using Daz are Stephen like. I don't think the person in uniform looks significantly Stephen like, you could even say he looks Patrick like and be as correct.
Fuckface gets a common haircut that just so happens to be the same as another character, not sure how that links to an event 6 years previously.
Who actually asks for balloons on their birthday? My Dad just had his 65th birthday and there were balloons there, is he Fuckface in the future and transferred to real life?
We don't find out the name of the bully because he's totally irrelevant to the current story. If for example he was to turn up at B&R then obviously we'd find out his name. Tybalt doesn't think Fuckface is going to hit him because he knows about Fuckface's past, but because Fuckface walks towards him after he's been a cunt for the umpteenth time and he realises that he might have taken a step too far with someone who is obviously stronger than him
So you never put a dent in a car before you passed your driving test? I did, multiple times, I can still remember my childhood. And since when did a dent in a van translate to a crash serious enough to cause brain damage? A smash hard enough to cause brain damage would make the van a write-off not cause a little dent in a van that is still driven years later. Also Fuckface remembers denting the van so why would he remember an event that caused severe lack of memory of everything else?
You can also be right about Jill, MC and piano. Personally, I just find it odd because I'm never that quick to judge people.

In Daz3D there is more than enough hair for 3D Male models. Then there is also Renderosity. No. The new hair for the MC was deliberately chosen by DPC.

Damn. I never had balloons for my birthdays. pew. Thank god. Hahaha.

I think so so we will know who the mobber was. Written differently, I think it was Tybalt. Why? Tybalt has the personality profile of a bully. When he thinks someone is no match for him and he also has buddies behind him, he trumps. He's also a liar. Somehow many want to find out if the MC is lying or Tybalt. Examples:

- The MC tells Josy on the first date that his father taught him many manly things. Carpenter work, martial arts, music. Neil also made him promise to only use his martial arts skills for self-defense or to defend another person. He said to Isabella so that his father probably wanted so that he himself does not become a bully.

- He proves to all LIs and in EP8 so he can play guitar.

- He proves Sage so he can do martial arts. He should also prove so that he uses it like he promised his father. That's why my MC never fights the Jocks and therefore never fights Caleb. Besides, Tommy is a big guy, massively DIK and should be able to defend himself. It was also just a nose punch. Tybalt is a question mark. I think that's for everyone to decide for themselves if a slap in the face justifies Tybalt losing his teeth.

- The Mansion is destroyed and the MC has to prove his carpentry skills.

- The mobbing thing is difficult. At the beginning the MC doesn't know that there are more or less gays at B&R. This can be dismissed as a joke. Tybalt, on the other hand, is massively mobbed by the MC. I do not mean Rooster. This exaggerated friendliness is also bullying, but is usually not perceived as bullying.

- In the second hang out of Josy and Maya, the two check whether the MC is a bad loser or winner. The MC can talk to Tybalt after Tennis 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Tybalt claimed so the MC is a bad winner.

It's not about so that no dent in a car. But mentioning it so explicitly in the context of a driver's license doesn't really make sense to the story if it doesn't mean anything. DPC even mentioned this dent twice.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's way more evidence in Maya's scene with Mona and Queen for that and then all other small events happening...
Seeing Burke and Mona together is only worth it if it's to confirm Mona's story and with her gone there's little value to it.
Until Mona spills the beans it's just a useless fact, there's still the girls with knowledge of the free tuition deal, perhaps they don't want to tell but they can give info even if they want to keep their secrets...
It's not an immediate insight, but it's not that prohibitive

MC warns (or at any rate can always warn) Maya of the danger posed by Quinn, to assume that Mona was in the same danger seems to me a fairly likely inference.

When he meets Camila at the ANO party she tells him first that:

cam "Mona wanted to leave, but we're not allowed to before it's over."
mc "Where's she now?"
cam "She's off doing a thing..

then they see Mona escape from a room where Burke is. it is not 1+1 but it is 15896/37, with pen and paper you get there

I've seen that scene, but she says she does gloryholes only to avoid being recognised, doesn't she? I don't think she mentions adults. It's the same reason why she doesn't want to do the public sex one to help him.
I reviewed the dialogue, actually she doesn't talk about adults, only that for a handsome and equipped guy like MC she makes an exception, I was misremembering

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
MC warns (or at any rate can always warn) Maya of the danger posed by Quinn, to assume that Mona was in the same danger seems to me a fairly likely inference.
MC can warn Maya about Quinn, he also can chose not to....

The situation Maya is in with Mona and Quinn at the pool should be well enough Maya can figure out the danger Quinn presents.
Mona first confirms the free tuition, later in the story she denies it...
And Quinn's innuendo is clear enough, a girl needs to spread her legs and shut her mouth to get that free ticket.... MC's warning, if it even happens, is nothing compared to what Maya herself witnesses from Quinn....

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
MC can warn Maya about Quinn, he also can chose not to....

The situation Maya is in with Mona and Quinn at the pool should be well enough Maya can figure out the danger Quinn presents.
Mona first confirms the free tuition, later in the story she denies it...
And Quinn's innuendo is clear enough, a girl needs to spread her legs and shut her mouth to get that free ticket.... MC's warning, if it even happens, is nothing compared to what Maya herself witnesses from Quinn....
I said it too that he can, but if he can it means that he knows anyway, there is no MC, in any multiverse, who doesn't know that Quinn is dangerous and running girls to make money
and that's regardless of Maya, Maya has nothing to do with it.

Knowing that, and listening to Camila, MC has all he needs to figure out what might have happened to Mona, then he may not give a damn about Mona and focus on the girls he can still screw, but to say he has no clue is false

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

So Mona storms out a room, complete meltdown, saying "i cant do this" followed by camilla than Burke... knowing that camillia is in the prostituion and Mona wants the free tuition which means that she needs to go into prostituion as well. Yet he cant connect the dots here??? really? this is rather surprising here, but ok... i could deal with it... UNTIL Mona left the college. After all this what the MC knows and witnessed, there is really no explanation why the MC didnt even asked himself why Mona left, he simply doesnt bother with the fact that mona left at all after everything. Which is totally strange. He shrugs it off, nothing more.

I stick with it, this is a mistake by DPC... the MC should at least make a selfnote like: "hm, has this something to do with the restaurant and the free tuition or Burke? Ah i better keep my mouth shut" or something like that. But nothing... really nothing, that is totally strange... well it is what it is... but facing the end of episode 8, the whole thing gets even more important now. Cause now he is standing in the living room from the burkes, Sage (president of the HOTs) is the daughter of Burkes... if he doesnt connect any dots or asking himself some questions here, he is more stupid than Dawe.
First of all, the MC won't be able to know so that Riona works at the restaurant if the MC declines Quinn's offer. Then, he also can't know so that Sarah and Melanie are on the menu.

The MC can warn Maya about the restaurant because he got it from Quinn offers. He suspects so Camila is at the restaurant, but can't possibly know if he turned down the restaurant offer. So without evidence to make such accusations to the authorities or school administrators, only brings trouble with it. And the MC knows this very well, because he was made a victim to a perpetrator at the age of 15.

The MC asks himself before Mona leaves what is going on with her and if it has something to do with Burke. This was in class when Camila was trying to cheer Mona up.

There are things you don't write down. Why? Someone else might find that note and read it. Think about Derek's to-do list. How much do you think will have helped Derek get Ashley to go to Derek in EP7? I don't and there is a reason for that. In EP1 Maya says to Derek so she won't introduce him to a hot girl. Derek says himself so he will write Ashley off as a loss. But the most important thing is what the MC thinks and says. Follow your heart. So why should he follow Derek's heart.

This should be used as an example so you don't just write down information and also only reveal it at the appropriate moment. For example, in a 4 eye conversation with Stephen Burke when the Maya doesn't want to help in the right way or Jade Burke when Stephen is standing next to her.

Didn't you notice the order in which Jade throws the pictures in EP3.
1. tybalt (Jill Royce blackmail)
2nd Marriage picture (cheating and maybe divorce).
3. Sage (The MC fucked with Sage and Jade)

No more money for Tybalt, Stephen and Sage.

We have already seen so the MC connects dots. Fuck several times and the three different scene in front of the mirror.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It's not an immediate insight, but it's not that prohibitive

When he meets Camila at the ANO party she tells him first that:

cam "Mona wanted to leave, but we're not allowed to before it's over."
mc "Where's she now?"
cam "She's off doing a thing..

then they see Mona escape from a room where Burke is. it is not 1+1 but it is 15896/37, with pen and paper you get there

I reviewed the dialogue, actually she doesn't talk about adults, only that for a handsome and equipped guy like MC she makes an exception, I was misremembering
cam "She's off doing a thing.."

This could be anything or nothing. To be honest, I think it was so that Stephen Burke would follow up on the rumors that were in the papers later in EP8 and that's why he brought Mona in. She agreed to go along with it up to a certain limit, but the line was crossed. Stephen Burke might have asked her to cross that line, she didn't want to and runs out of the room saying so she doesn't do that.

Derek said right away in EP1 to the MC if he is not surprised that there is so much security on campus. Only the dean, Stephen Burke can make that happen. So why would he provide more security personnel if he is associated with prostitution. That would be counterproductive.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I said it too that he can, but if he can it means that he knows anyway, there is no MC, in any multiverse, who doesn't know that Quinn is dangerous and running girls to make money
and that's regardless of Maya, Maya has nothing to do with it.

Knowing that, and listening to Camila, MC has all he needs to figure out what might have happened to Mona, then he may not give a damn about Mona and focus on the girls he can still screw, but to say he has no clue is false
I never said he has no clue at all or he sees it all clearly. There's plenty of hints in the game, but alot only visable for the player or on certain paths the MC may or may not take.
Treating the fact he saw Mona and Burke leaving a room is only helpful as part of a total of several things happening and only for reconstructing a theory as to why Mona left. But no proof comes from it, only speculations.
Without Mona telling her story to the papers or as witness/victim it's hardly useful against Burke...

The MC can have some ideas about Quinn, but his suspicions towards Quinn aren't very concrete. Quinn is a bitch, gets him tasered, offers prostitution and drugs but Quinn never promises him free tuition nor does she tell him anything that might make him come to any conclusion. MC can get some info from others like Camilla but he knows nobody will go against Quinn...
The main problem is the more corrupted the MC is, the more info is available to him, and the less he can use it...

The whole crux is the connection of Burke and Quinn based on free tuition for sex, there's just hear-say and speculations now.
The ones that know don't speak openly.... Sure, MC can warn Maya but he's going with her to the meeting with Burke...
He can't proof anything, doesn't really know enough, has a bad feeling about it, but also has his trust in Sage...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

The_Hat

Oct 25, 2022
I'm on my first playthrough of this and thoroughly enjoying the story but I've just got to the scene where Bella shows MC Cathy's panties. I've read why that happens in this thread but I have not triggered that. There was no BJ in the car taking Cathy home, I've nothing in her bio about it and no unlocked scene for it. I did swipe up on Cathy on the app once but nothing else. I saw a few reports of this and guess its a bug but any Ideas if I can fix this please?

I don't have any mods installed but if I can edit a file to change the outcome great. I don't really want you start again or go back to an earlier save as I've no idea where it's gone wrong and I was enjoying the Bella route.

Any help will be much appreciated.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I never said he has no clue at all or he sees it all clearly. There's plenty of hints in the game, but alot only visable for the player or on certain paths the MC may or may not take.
Treating the fact he saw Mona and Burke leaving a room is only helpful as part of a total of several things happening and only for reconstructing a theory as to why Mona left. But no proof comes from it, only speculations.
Without Mona telling her story to the papers or as witness/victim it's hardly useful against Burke...

The MC can have some ideas about Quinn, but his suspicions towards Quinn aren't very concrete. Quinn is a bitch, gets him tasered, offers prostitution and drugs but Quinn never promises him free tuition nor does she tell him anything that might make him come to any conclusion. MC can get some info from others like Camilla but he knows nobody will go against Quinn...
The main problem is the more corrupted the MC is, the more info is available to him, and the less he can use it...

The whole crux is the connection of Burke and Quinn based on free tuition for sex, there's just hear-say and speculations now.
The ones that know don't speak openly.... Sure, MC can warn Maya but he's going with her to the meeting with Burke...
He can't proof anything, doesn't really know enough, has a bad feeling about it, but also has his trust in Sage...
but there is no need to know Burke's role (which we don't know either), just consider him a client

1) Quinn has a group of prostitutes and this MC knows, he may not know exactly who they are and what services they offer, but he does know
2) Camila is one of them, he doesn't necessarily know this explicitly, but it is very likely that at the very least she will propose to him (just ask her in the previous episode to help him with Hells Week with outdoor sex)
3) he knows that Mona would like to leave but Quinn makes her stay at the ANO party.
4) Mona escapes from a room from which Burke then also emerges with a very embarrassed face
5) Mona disappears from the BR a few days later.

Getting to the idea that Burke was a client is a legitimate suspicion.

if it were Maya instead of Mona, would he have the slightest doubt that it was Quinn's fault for pushing her to do something she didn't want to do?

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
but there is no need to know Burke's role (which we don't know either), just consider him a client

1) Quinn has a group of prostitutes and this MC knows, he may not know exactly who they are and what services they offer, but he does know
2) Camila is one of them, he doesn't necessarily know this explicitly, but it is very likely that at the very least she will propose to him (just ask her in the previous episode to help him with Hells Week with outdoor sex)
3) he knows that Mona would like to leave but Quinn makes her stay at the ANO party.
4) Mona escapes from a room from which Burke then also emerges with a very embarrassed face
5) Mona disappears from the BR a few days later.

Getting to the idea that Burke was a client is a legitimate suspicion.
Not really, the only fact is MC seen Burke and Mona leaving a room, he knows Quinn offers the restaurant but depending on his choice that can be just that fact without any further knowledge at all.

You make the connection Quinn offers sexual services so Burke is a client because he's seen with Mona...
There's no proof at all, just assumptions, Mona could have told but she didn't that's the whole problem, she's gone...

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes