felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not really, the only fact is MC seen Burke and Mona leaving a room, he knows Quinn offers the restaurant but depending on his choice that can be just that fact without any further knowledge at all.

You make the connection Quinn offers sexual services so Burke is a client because he's seen with Mona...
There's no proof at all, just assumptions, Mona could have told but she didn't that's the whole problem, she's gone...
what wouldn't be true? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
except point 2, they are all universal facts

I talked about suspicion

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Didn't the MC overhear Quinn and Camila talking in the very 1st episode? Or do you have to click on her door, because I have the feeling that he knows Camila is part of the restaurant no matter how you play him?

On the grand scheme of things, of course we have no direct proof, where would be the conflict in the game if that was the case, but at what point enough circumstantial evidence is enough? Because the MC knows more than enough to put two and two, its not like he is on Dawe and Arieth level of retardation, no matter how daft he appears. And with the Maya 'warning' its 100% clear he knows whats going on, he just inexplicably hides details of what he knows...The only thing holding him from 'connecting the dots' is DPC's cheap drama fetish, same with Sage parentage.

I hope no more eyerolling, horribly set up cliffhangers in this episode, its getting tiresome.

a44e637d67882c29b2540e75edc4cbad55bf0ecc1092c1875353afdf97dce9b4.jpg

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: ename144 and sixart

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
what wouldn't be true? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
except point 2, they are all universal facts

I talked about suspicion
Suspicion is just suspicion, even the MC knows you're innocent until proven guilty without any doubt...
MC has some minor leads, has some info from people who are involved so will likely never confirm their story...
But without Mona telling her story he just doesn't have enough to go beyond assumptions...
There's smoke so there's probably a fire, but for now the smoke only prevents a clear view where...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Suspicion is just suspicion, even the MC knows you're innocent until proven guilty without any doubt...
MC has some minor leads, has some info from people who are involved so will likely never confirm their story...
But without Mona telling her story he just doesn't have enough to go beyond assumptions...
There's smoke so there's probably a fire, but for now the smoke only prevents a clear view where...
then I didn't explain myself. my point was never that: it was to say whether MC had the elements available to him to understand what is going on around him, but if nothing arouses even the slightest suspicion in him it is a hopeless undertaking, but he would have all the elements

only if he were inside the room with Burke and Mona could he have absolute certainty ... Even if Mona tells him, she could still be lying
there is some difference between understanding what is going on and witnessing it, even Arieth inside the room would understand it

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
Anyone else fantasizing about a spin-off to this game? Perhaps a prequel where you play as a younger Isabella?
HELL NO!
The entire reason this game is one of the best is for the Original game and I'm almost positive that if asked 9 of 10 people either playing or has played and got to end of Ep.8 DO NOT LIKE Zoey and the poor timing of the Interlude. Up to this point there was NO need for her to be involved further than where we learned she was a past hook up for mc and I really was wondering why do that after forcing the "PICK A GIRL" Choice as well. If she was brought into the game now and was gonna shake it all up like some seem to think I think now was not the right time. There are far too many Girls now to pick which ones to have fun with and 100% Certainly are far better than Zoey IMO. I know she has a tiny and I mean a very tiny few that do like and want her invovled but REALLY, WHY, No I am for real, WHY? No Thanks, I am good with my few playthroughs with my Main one where I am ALL IN w SAGE and never would trade her for Zoey hahaha Hell NAW! My 2nd P/T is one I hope continues to grow into more of whats been great so far and thats with Nicole/Envy. She is more and more making a case to swoop her up and making her yours and fuck it if she is a stripper, she is not trashy, and very mature since she's ONE OF the good single mom's who are a real mom and not a hoe who pawns her kid off and is out being a slut every other time she can. She mentions her kid all the time and is by far one othe top 3 best lookin li's for sure.

What I am getting at is simple, You don't fix what isn't broken and the Game Being A Dik is and has been one, if not the best game to have been made so far but this past decision for the Interlude was not a good choice and probably won't matter much with how it was not a big hit or any hit with it's fans of the game!
It is far past time for Ep.9 and to this year long wait of a halloween bash and hopefully the best update up to date so far! Zoey can fuck back off and go find herself alone and we can get back to ASS N TITTIES and a whole lot of PARTY TIME
Bella_da_best_sg_sig.gif Envy_Nicole_Being_A_Dik_sig.gif Jaye_Main_CS_sig.gif AAAAAA__USEME___LILY_FW_SIG.gif Elena_KG_sig.gif

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I never said he has no clue at all or he sees it all clearly. There's plenty of hints in the game, but alot only visable for the player or on certain paths the MC may or may not take.
Treating the fact he saw Mona and Burke leaving a room is only helpful as part of a total of several things happening and only for reconstructing a theory as to why Mona left. But no proof comes from it, only speculations.
Without Mona telling her story to the papers or as witness/victim it's hardly useful against Burke...

The MC can have some ideas about Quinn, but his suspicions towards Quinn aren't very concrete. Quinn is a bitch, gets him tasered, offers prostitution and drugs but Quinn never promises him free tuition nor does she tell him anything that might make him come to any conclusion. MC can get some info from others like Camilla but he knows nobody will go against Quinn...
The main problem is the more corrupted the MC is, the more info is available to him, and the less he can use it...

The whole crux is the connection of Burke and Quinn based on free tuition for sex, there's just hear-say and speculations now.
The ones that know don't speak openly.... Sure, MC can warn Maya but he's going with her to the meeting with Burke...
He can't proof anything, doesn't really know enough, has a bad feeling about it, but also has his trust in Sage...
Sometimes you don't have to prove anything, but just scatter doubts to make the corresponding people curious.

Jade already insinuates in EP3 Stephen so that he fucks with female students. If Jade would learn that the MC saw Stephen with Mona, that will make Jade curious.

Naczin

Jan 24, 2022
Hey fellas, I was a little off for a while... So, how is the game going ? Is the new season out ? BTW I am new here, so please bear with me if I make some mistakes, don't really know how this works :)

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
No. Mass Effect 3 didn't even try to use variables. DPC has already done more to make our choices count Bioware ever did.

I will be on my deathbed decades from now (more like a few years from now ;)), still fucking salty about that ending.
That was more or less my point. All the potential storybeats from the Restaurant alone would be overwhelming, especially since you can refuse to interact with it all it

Mass Effect 3 had notions of non-linearity but it became pretty clear that the writers were forcing the player to feel certain things around the time of the end of the 2nd act

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
but there is no need to know Burke's role (which we don't know either), just consider him a client

1) Quinn has a group of prostitutes and this MC knows, he may not know exactly who they are and what services they offer, but he does know
2) Camila is one of them, he doesn't necessarily know this explicitly, but it is very likely that at the very least she will propose to him (just ask her in the previous episode to help him with Hells Week with outdoor sex)
3) he knows that Mona would like to leave but Quinn makes her stay at the ANO party.
4) Mona escapes from a room from which Burke then also emerges with a very embarrassed face
5) Mona disappears from the BR a few days later.

Getting to the idea that Burke was a client is a legitimate suspicion.

if it were Maya instead of Mona, would he have the slightest doubt that it was Quinn's fault for pushing her to do something she didn't want to do?
But what if I don't think of Stephen Burke as a customer, but as what he is? The Dean of B&R. In EP6, we learn that Mona asked someone for sex in exchange for money.

The whole thing is very contradictory because if she asked Stephen for sex, why does he have her on his radar if he doesn't allow prostitution on his campus.

I'm assuming that Mona independently asked someone for sex for money at the party without Quinn's consent. With whom? Geoff. A Royce or a Burgermeister. He wants to talk to four other people that night. Among them is Stephen Burke. He then talks to Stephen about it and Stephen goes into it. Stephen talks to Mona and asks her about sex. Mona leaves the room because she doesn't want to fuck a guy like Stephen. Still, Stephen has his confirmation that Mona wanted to sell sex to Geoff.

Before Mona leaves, she talks to Stephen again and reveals so Quinn has the restaurant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darkwen

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
BAD FONT CHOICE!
Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice.

Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice!
Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice. Bad font choice, bad font choice, bad font choice.
ASS N TITTIES, bad font choice, bad font choice.

Signature inserted as an Image. Signature inserted as an Image. Signature inserted as an Image.
Signature inserted as an Image. Signature inserted as an Image.

I'm not entirely sure what all that said, but maybe I disagree?

Except for the ASS N TITTIES part.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Anyone else fantasizing about a spin-off to this game? Perhaps a prequel where you play as a younger Isabella?
No?

I really like Isabella. Still trying to figure out if she's a friend, mentor, lover or all three. But
That was more or less my point. All the potential storybeats from the Restaurant alone would be overwhelming, especially since you can refuse to interact with it all it

Mass Effect 3 had notions of non-linearity but it became pretty clear that the writers were forcing the player to feel certain things around the time of the end of the 2nd act
The problem Bioware had was that their writing team forgot the most important rule when creating a branching narrative media.

It doesn't belong to you (the writer).

This runs counter to every other form of writing. When crafting a story, a good writer feels some ownership, some possession of the characters, of the plot. It goes where he commands, does what he feels is best, and as such the themes and ideologies conform to his beliefs.

When you add choice to the equation, this goes out the window. Take Hack- I mean Mac Walters. He's clearly a Liarafucker. Fine, whatever, that's his baby and his choice during his Shepard's runthrough. The problem comes up, that when he became head writer during ME3, he began to push this love interest on EVERYONE. You might have no connection at all to Liara, but every couple minutes, she'd come up to your cabin to have some deep long conversation with you, that frankly had romantic overtones. Hell, during the final goodbyes, she does the Asari version of sex with you and you're supposed to just treat it as a friendly goodbye. It's weird. It could be creative laziness (that probably played a role), but more than likely, Walters simply assumed you either loved his weebo, or tolerated her enough that it didn't matter.

Of course thats just an example. Pulling back, you start to see this sort of thing with grand concepts as well. Saved the Rachni? Too fucking bad, we thought it would be cool to have them as enemies and a Rachni rescue mission. Cerberus is perhaps the most eggregious example of all. They're Chaotic Stupid Evil in ME1. Anti-heroes with bad PR in ME2. Then a Superpower* in ME3.

Again, Bioware needed a human enemy, and they were an easy get, but at the same time it was also that the writers FELT like they belonged in that role. Because that's what they THOUGHT would make a good story.

The problem of course is that a variable narrative gives weight to our CHOICES not narrative themes (at least not as much). So if at the beginning of ME3 we had sided with Cerberus**, we should be killing Alliance soldiers instead. And we can wrangle with the guilt of killing people who think they are just doing what's right. This creates different emotions, it may not hit as hard or resonate, or it may even hit harder. It doesn't tell the audience what to feel, it lets them do that themselves.

This doesn't have to create infinite amounts of work either. The ideal is the create an ILLUSION of choice. Some choices would go no where. Others would fold back into the main narrative. Still others would no choice at all. Arrival had no choice at the end, but it still had emotional weight and gravitas if you TRIED to warn the Batarians.

Check out Detroit: Become Human. It's everything ME promised to be (minus the shooting).

*in a galaxy where their race that they draw ALL of their resources from is BARELY a major power. It would be like if Alberta (Canada) was somehow about to declare independence and subsequently became a rival to the US, EU, Russia and China immediately.

**Because lets be honest, in a galaxy that includes the Salarian STG, Cerberus are the good guys, at least by comparison.

Reactions: hawk784563

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'll let Shazba answer this in full, don't want to take away his enjoyment, however just on this point, which you have raised a few times in this debate: We see that Jade sees Fuckface at the party and see her reaction but does Fuckface?
We can't say for certain, but I think it's likely. The MC is shown entering the room after the conversation, so we can surmise he didn't hear that. But he did have time to see Jade. If we look at the scene from when the MC did fuck Jade, we get a better sense of the blocking:
Jade_seen_by_MC_1.jpg Jade_seen_by_MC_2.jpg Jade_seen_by_MC_3.jpg
The first shot is identical if the MC rejected her, so that's the starting point. It seems like she's addressing the MC in the second shot, and she definitely is by the third shot. Based on this, she wasn't very far away and there weren't many people in the way when the MC first entered the room. The only question is if he was looking in her direction before she left.
MC_sees_Jade_1.jpg MC_sees_Jade_2.jpg
(The second screenshot is from the earlier free roam in Episode 3, but it does show the room - including the chair in the first shot.)

As you can see, the MC doesn't seem to be looking at Jade when he walks into the room, but his body is roughly pointed in her direction. So unless he was preoccupied with something in the other corner of the room, he would have turned to see Jade very quickly.

I don't get the sense Jade was trying to avoid an MC who snubbed her. So I'd say it's a near certainty he saw her leave, and highly likely he either saw her looking at him or could assume she might have seen him enter the room.

Miracle Max and his misconceptions aside ("to blave..." what bullshit. :rolleyes:)

If we spend 5 minutes or more (and we've had a year!) bullet-pointing the potential repercussions to all of the scenarios, the chances are, there are none. Like all of DPC's cliff hangers, they fizzle out as soon as the next episode starts (except for episode 3's cliff hanger with the mc taking most of the episode to get his shit in order after Josy turned up).

So under every one of the Jade/Sage possible scenarios:
  • mc rejected Jade (after she sexually assaulted him) and he's just friends with Sage
  • mc rejected Jade (after she sexually assaulted him) and he recently broke up with Sage
  • mc rejected Jade (after she sexually assaulted him) and he's dating Sage
  • mc is still fucking Jade and he's just friends with Sage
  • mc is still fucking Jade and he broke up with Sage
  • mc recently dumped Jade and he's just friends with Sage
  • mc recently dumped Jade and he recently broke up with Sage
  • mc recently dumped Jade and he's dating Sage
  • (luckily there's no scenario where he's still fucking both of them! :eek:)
There really is no immediate problem.

Sage has either accepted the mc has no interest, moved on, or wants to date. She's cool with any option.

Jade has either lost interest in the mc, angry with him for dumping her, or still fucking him. All three scenarios she'll likely take to the grave.

So the mc really has nothing to worry about, unless he's still dating Sage and he just dumped Jade; that could come to a head at some point, but most likely not in the meeting.

So yeah, I'm not saying he's gonna die in the meeting or that Jade is gonna blow up (but you can bet she'll be staring some serious daggers if that's the path you're on).

But what I'm saying is, with maybe 30 seconds notice, the mc was confronted with this information (whatever the scenario was) and he freaked out.

His mind, like a lot of people when suddenly confronted with something daunting, started playing over the worst scenarios for his situation.

If he was fucking Jade, you can bet his mind went straight to this!

But if he was a good boy, that doesn't mean he isn't worried. "Oh fuck, these are Tybalt's parents, they aren't gonna help Maya" or "Oh fuck, it's Jade! This isn't good. What if she's still angry that I didn't accept her advances? What if she won't help Maya because of me? What if she thinks I'm trying to blackmail her into paying Maya's tuition with the threat of exposing her lustful escapades and she hires a hitman! :eek:"

So he started freaking out.

It doesn't have to be like that, but the key point is: It is fucking plausible. And if it's plausible, you don't even need to suspend disbelief, you can just accept it and move the fuck on, instead of harping on about it for the entire fucking year as if it has ruined the entire game for you.

Even the Maya loan, which we all agree is total bullshit, can be swept under the carpet as "Maya doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about", and then you just move on. Of course, I'm still here for anyone who needs further clarification of what actually happened regarding the loan.

And the Tybalt blackmail, he was bluffing, I knew he was bluffing (;)). And Jill is naïve. Jill truly didn't believe Tybalt was a slimy as she finally realised he was, and then she fucking gave it to him, and I don't mean her v-card.

And for fun, to put this into a real life context that I have lived through, I have had two separate but slightly similar experiences:
  1. I gave a friend of a friend a ride home several years back. I didn't know this woman at all (she was probably about 10 years older than me, I was around 20 at the time), and I wasn't interested in her, but her house was on the way and my friend asked me to drop her and it was no trouble.

When we arrive at her place, she literally grabbed my cock through my jeans and started to suck on my ear. It was awkward as fuck, and was all like, "I think you got the wrong idea", and she got kinda angry and left the car in a huff.

I haven't met her since (I don't even catch up with our mutual friend all that much, but it's unrelated), but when I think about it, I would feel very uncomfortable if I met her again.

I reckon the age difference plays into it, because if she was my age, I wouldn't feel so bad and would probably tease her if we met again, but because she was a lot older, it just feels like it tips the scales. If she was a teacher, it would tip the scales even more.

2. And that brings me to my second story (and I've told this one before). In high school my Japanese teacher (who wasn't actually Japanese, but whatever), was giving me afterschool tutelage (because I sucked at Japanese). She was married, and even joked on the phone to her husband that I was her "boyfriend" (in hindsight I'm glad her husband didn't track me down and beat the fuck outta me or something).

In the end I quit Japanese because I really did suck at it, and she never spoke to me again. If she was on duty in the schoolyard and I walked past her, she'd totally ghost me. She wouldn't even look at me. Like I made her really angry for quitting.

Now I never spoke to her again, but if I was still in school and suddenly found out I was going into an important meeting with some friends and it turned out to be with her, I don't know what I'd think, and I wasn't even fucking her!

For the record, she was quirky cute, and I totally liked her, and when I look back I can't help but think maybe I missed an opportunity there... :cry:
Also, you keep purporting (almost didn't wanna use this word, makes me come across like a freshy trying to look smart), that the mc should have weighed up that his current situation isn't as bad as it could have been; that's something you do retrospectively, not in a moment of panic:

Derek: "Cheer up, it could be worse, imagine if you actually ended up fucking Jade, filmed it for Hell Week, and somehow the video got into Burke's hands!"
mc: "Good point, that'd be way worse. Now I feel like a snowflake for freaking out when all that happened was my friend's mom groped my balls a few times and flashed her cunt to me."
Derek: "You are a snowflake."

The game has its faults, sure it does. There are genuine scenes where suspension of disbelief is required. E.g. the mc blew will blow his load faster with Sage if he fucks Lily, Becky (or at least her face), Riona and/or Cammy first. But it doesn't work like that. What DPC was obviously trying to portray was that the mc was worn out from all his fucking, but it would have looked worse if the mc ran out of steam and couldn't cum at all, so he just used poetic licence for this 2-out-of-5 / 3-out-of-5 scene.

But the take away from all of this is his "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." reaction to any of the scenarios, when suddenly confronted with the knowledge of who Sage's family is, is justifiable enough in isolation. And that it's the same reaction regardless of scenario doesn't mean shit, since there's only one scenario in any one timeline. And who knows, maybe in the most benign of all scenarios, the mc was just in a more dramatic mood that day.

That's a very good point, because it seems very early on Jacob is gonna say something about Sage and the Burkes to the mc but he gets cut off, so at least some of the DIKs know, if not all of them. :unsure:
I was busy over the weekend and I didn't have time for a lengthy rebuttal. So I'll just say two things. First, I think you're bending over backwards to justify something that didn't need to be justified!

The point of making choices in an AVN is to see how our actions influence the story; the notion that we should expect our actions to cancel themselves out in some sort of inverse butterfly effect is preposterous. All DPC had to do was spent a few hours branching the MC's response at the end of Episode 8 and literally no one would have complained about how he wasn't shitting when he came face to face with a teacher he rejected.

Second, supporting your position required an argument so convoluted dalli_x approved it. ;)

And yet he hasn't made Rio cum or scored above a 3/5. Who knows just how much experience he got while banging Zoey? There's a lot you can do with just one other person.
Reason to consider him a bio-child: their hair. That's pretty much it.

Reasons not to? He doesn't call her mother, but more importantly, when she had her confrontation with Burke it was a picture of Tybalt that got thrown. She had her choice of three frames, and instead of Sage ir her wedding/couples pic, she chose to throw Tybs. Most (loving) mothers wouldn't do that on principle.
Jade starts with Tybalt's photo, but she throws all three of them by the time the scene ends - in the order they were arranged on the table. I don't think she paid much attention to the images, just which one was nearest to her hand.

Last edited:

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
This doesn't have to create infinite amounts of work either. The ideal is the create an ILLUSION of choice. Some choices would go no where. Others would fold back into the main narrative. Still others would no choice at all. Arrival had no choice at the end, but it still had emotional weight and gravitas if you TRIED to warn the Batarians.
ME1 had plenty of this. To give a small example, you can repeatedly hang up on the council. This changes nothing in the grand scheme of the game. In fact, you can still choose to save the Destiny Ascension. Only some dialogue changes but it still allowed the player's Shepard a degree of agency in regard to how they reacted to the world around them

The_Hat

Oct 25, 2022
I'm on my first playthrough of this and thoroughly enjoying the story but I've just got to the scene where Bella shows MC Cathy's panties. I've read why that happens in this thread but I have not triggered that. There was no BJ in the car taking Cathy home, I've nothing in her bio about it and no unlocked scene for it. I did swipe up on Cathy on the app once but nothing else. I saw a few reports of this and guess its a bug but any Ideas if I can fix this please?

I don't have any mods installed but if I can edit a file to change the outcome great. I don't really want you start again or go back to an earlier save as I've no idea where it's gone wrong and I was enjoying the Bella route.

Any help will be much appreciated.
This question is probably irrelevant now as I got to the end of episode 7 and my game crashes when starting the recap of 8. Am wondering if its related to the error in my save from above but whatever it is guess the only answer is to start again. I'll avoid any Cathy interaction where possible and hope I can get to the end this time and not lose Bella.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
This question is probably irrelevant now as I got to the end of episode 7 and my game crashes when starting the recap of 8. Am wondering if its related to the error in my save from above but whatever it is guess the only answer is to start again. I'll avoid any Cathy interaction where possible and hope I can get to the end this time and not lose Bella.
Its pretty easy, you can be as nice as you want to Cathy. (She is really a fine lady and deserveres to be treated nicely) During Episode 4 you get the app swyper on your phone by Derek... you can swype Cathy here, doint it right it gets pretty hot.

Late ron the MC realise that it has to be Cathy during class, you even can mention that to Derek without bad consequences. She will notice the MC too btw.

This is the set up to unlock the potential blowjob by her in the car... this can happen at the end of episode 5. You can offer to drive Cathy home from Bellas... and than a conversation starts about the whole swyper/online dating thing and pictures of her there... here you can have the choice to take it a step further, or not. If you decline the BJ everything will be peachy with Bella. Get the BJ and she will find Cathys panties and thats it for Bella.

If you dont swype Cathy, or dont succeed during the swype session, you will not be able to get the BJ anyways. She will just leave the car.

For your savegame, yeah its fucked up... normally i would say you used a mod, but well, you said you didnt... dont know why your savegame is fucked up though, it NEVER happened to me, not once... and i have now 16 playthroughs done.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes