anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
But we have to be aware of the fact, that quinn is NOT dealing in a really big way here. These are small deals, heck... she dealt ONE eightball for richard... other than that some pills and weed mostly... and a little speed for private use and some others. Not exactly a Pablo Escobar here. For the police that wouldnt be very high in priority... certainly nothing to start a proper investigation over (with undercover cop and following students... way to expensive to start a investigation like that over the small dealings from quinn). But if it would comes out that Burke has his hands in it too... we are talking about a whole other thing. We ahve to wait and see.
Quinn might not be dealing in a big way but the people she gets the drugs from are. Quinn is very indiscreet about it all, she offers Fuckface the restaurant deal whether he's played along in the shower with Cam or not, whether she suspects him of eavesdropping on her and Rio at the dorm or not. She's obvious when collecting the drugs as well, so much so that the mugger knew where she's just been and that she's just made a collection and was a good target.

Aiming for the small fish to catch the big fish is a common police procedure, if it's true that the bigger fish are Quinn's family then the police would have tracked her, realised she's unlikely to flip on her family but discovered how close Rio is with her and that she knows a lot about the business. So the van following Rio could easily be undercover police.

I'm not a fan of the Lily being an undercover cop theory, simply because she's bought drugs from Quinn and distributed them to the Pink Rose girls, and she got Fuckface to pay for sex with her (if you're on DIK affinity), there's rules for undercover cops and she's massively broken them then. If there's an undercover cop it's more likely to be Nicole, but putting a cop in the Pink Rose to target Quinn or Rio would make no sense.

I'm not sure if there's any candidates among the HOTs that could be undercover cops, they wouldn't have the cop in place for over a year without making a move on the small fish so any non-freshmen are out, Cam is obviously not involved, technically Mona could've been but there's absolutely nothing to indicate it. Ash is the only other freshman who may be undercover, but again absolutely no evidence for it.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
does Season 3 have android version? the link says "request couldnot be completed."
I wonder a lot of these questions... but please correct me if iam wrong... but so far DPC didnt made ANY android version of the game. Its always a Fan/User who made those right?

So you have to wait until the update is out and a kind guy makes one for you and is publishing it out here... if not, there will be no android version of being a dik season 3.

So far there is only the interlude... as i can see in the opening post, and the link is leading nowhere.

I never saw DPC made one.

So i guess, there is no android version so far, and maybe never will, cause users/fans have to made those... and with the savegame importing system, it could be rather complex. Not doable maybe.

*edit* regardless, i wonder... do you guys really enjoy playing a game like this on a phone? I mean... ugh. i couldnt even read a thing from the game on a phone... yet enjoy the renders, minigames and everything. Would be such a waste.

Rofl iam pictureing a guy sitting in the train, playing being a dik on his phone and trying to hit that fucking button to solve the renders hunt quests, like at the big HOT party :D It must be like a nanomillimeter big on a phone :D like... a thread into needle... super tiny.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Anyone else fantasizing about a spin-off to this game? Perhaps a prequel where you play as a younger Isabella?
Not really, no. Prequels are bullshit, we already know how things end up. I love Bella, but such a game idea has zero appeal.
I wonder a lot of these questions... but please correct me if iam wrong... but so far DPC didnt made ANY android version of the game. Its always a Fan/User who made those right?
You are correct. To the best of my knowledge DPC has never released the game for Android. Given the sheer size of it, I think even compression runs into size problems.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Quinn might not be dealing in a big way but the people she gets the drugs from are. Quinn is very indiscreet about it all, she offers Fuckface the restaurant deal whether he's played along in the shower with Cam or not, whether she suspects him of eavesdropping on her and Rio at the dorm or not. She's obvious when collecting the drugs as well, so much so that the mugger knew where she's just been and that she's just made a collection and was a good target.

Aiming for the small fish to catch the big fish is a common police procedure, if it's true that the bigger fish are Quinn's family then the police would have tracked her, realised she's unlikely to flip on her family but discovered how close Rio is with her and that she knows a lot about the business. So the van following Rio could easily be undercover police.

I'm not a fan of the Lily being an undercover cop theory, simply because she's bought drugs from Quinn and distributed them to the Pink Rose girls, and she got Fuckface to pay for sex with her (if you're on DIK affinity), there's rules for undercover cops and she's massively broken them then. If there's an undercover cop it's more likely to be Nicole, but putting a cop in the Pink Rose to target Quinn or Rio would make no sense.

I'm not sure if there's any candidates among the HOTs that could be undercover cops, they wouldn't have the cop in place for over a year without making a move on the small fish so any non-freshmen are out, Cam is obviously not involved, technically Mona could've been but there's absolutely nothing to indicate it. Ash is the only other freshman who may be undercover, but again absolutely no evidence for it.

Hm yeah... the picture of the whole thing is not big enough for now anyways. We can only assume.

I noticed too that Quinn is VERY careless about everything regarding her dealing with drugs and the prostitution... Thats why i assumed the whole thing is not big enough for the cops to bother, Quinn thinks so too and doesnt give a fuck. Other than that, Burke is in it too and so Quinn has nothing to fear from colleges side anyways so far.

Seeing it from the polices side... well... you are right, usually they are watching the small dealers to get to the big ones. But again i think... if they would investiagte the bigger ones, they wouldnt watch Quinn... its a very difficult thing as cops to watch somebody on a college campus unnoticed. More like, completely impossible. Even an unknown car would be noticed by someone at some point. Way to risky to blow an rather expensive investigation this way.

And regarding the undercover cop thing... you already pointed out that there is no fitting candidate for now. And even if it would turn out that maybe lily or a pink rose girl is indeed a undercover cop... that would feel kinda very ridiculous considering how they act.

So overall i think there is no such thing as a undercover cop, and i dont think that there is a bigger investigation running for Quinns drug contacts too. YET. we are in the middle of the game, 2 season stil to come, without being sure how big they will get. The whole Plot about the drugs, and so on cant be solved before the end of the game anyways... its a thing that will be sorted out at the very end, or very close to it.

There are a million ways how the whole thing can go. And i hope that DPC is able to give the MC (so us) a active role in it in some way...

For example, it would be very interesting if Riona would turn on Quinn at some point, and would ask the MC for help (if the MC helped her already witzh others things, like the stalker that is)... and if the MC helps Riona... quinn goes down... or if we dont help her and are on Quinns path, maybe that Quinn will go out of the whole thing unharmed. Well something like this i would like for example.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Anyone else fantasizing about a spin-off to this game? Perhaps a prequel where you play as a younger Isabella?
Not really, no. Prequels are bullshit, we already know how things end up. I love Bella, but such a game idea has zero appeal.
Yeah its pointless... the whole Bella story will be revealed at somepoint anyways... so there will be not a single reason to make a prequel out of it.

And i dont like prequels too... most of them have the same problem... you already know how it ends. Its a thing that ruined Red Dead Redemption 2 for me too a little... great game and great storytelling, but the overall "tension" was kinda low, cause it was crystal clear what will happen to the gang and Arthur anyways (if you played it that is you can maybe relate, otherwise bad example)

Sometimes it is the journey to the finish that is the most important thing. But well, not for me regarding movies and books (or AVNs for that matter) when i already know the ending. They are getting boring in the middle of the "journey" to me...

And getting boring is a reason why i cant enjoy most AVNs around here when they are "harem" games and such... whats the point? You dont need to "win a girl", cause they throw themselfs to the MC anyways, cheating and fucking around has no consequences, cause... they all end up in the harem anyways, so the end of the game is clear too, you will end up with every girl in the game... well, yeah... boring as fuck, just like prequels ^^

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
You guys are grossly underestimating Derek.
I didn't say he's dumb. But I stand by saying he's an idiot. The list is clearly a list of people he wants to fuck. He put Neil on it to remember that he threatened MC to fuck Neil if MC touches Maya. He doesn't actually want to fuck Neil I think. Anyways, if the women on the list are his "wishlist" of women he wants to fuck, why cross Jade off with the reasoning of her being in menopause. That makes no sense, unless you believe he wants to knock up the women on the list. But he doesn't want that, right? So the menopause reasoning must be a silly thing only an idiot would write there. Maybe he believes she is in menopause, because of her temper and he doesn't want to deal with it. But that doesn't make it the "truth".

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
How do I edit/read the Persistent file? I do not want to make changes in it inside of the console. I want to crack open the Persistent file & see what is inside of it.

Also is that where the majority of the variables/labels for specific saves get saved? I didnt think they did. But lookin through the save files on it doesnt have a lot of the label names in the code for choices. It does however have a crap ton of the Bios entries. Is the game trackin your choices by the saved Bios states?
How to read unlock it... i dont know.

But in the persistent file are the saves for the achievments so to speak... like unlocked scene gallerey, render collection and such. And the already "seen" text is checked there too. If you hit the skip button in another playthrough, but didnt checked the "skip unseen text" option in the stting, the game will pause the skip if you will see something you didnt have so far in your playthroughs (VERY handy if you play multiple playthroughs), this info is set in the persistent file...

Those things are in the persistent file... the actual savegame with the story and paths are another file... you can use them without having the persistent file.

For example... if you uninstall everything, or want to install the game on other device... its not necessary to have the persistent file to continue your playthrough out of another savegame. Only things you will be missing than are the already unlocked scenes and renders in the gallery.

That is, if iam not mistaken... but this is how the persistent file worked so far for every renpy game i played and being a dik too.

Your paths and choices are saved in the actual save-game which works without the matching persistent perfectly fine. While the settings, unlocked gallery, already seen text is in the persistent file, if you dont have this file, that doesnt really matter... you ca still use your save-game with the paths and choices, but you have to unlock the gallery and everything like that again.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So this is the part that confuses me. If you look in the code you can see different variables have defined labels such as
ep3_toldJillBullying

But if you look for that in the save file it doesnt exist. Whereas I do see there are 239 bios entries. Is DPC usin the Bios entries then to track your decisions?

If I avoid the console entirely & I just want to lift the hood of the save files themselves where do I look to find where these saved variables are?

If I want to look at where ep8_sq_lewd is in the save file for the Sage/Quinn 3way where do I find it? BC I cant find it at all. But in the decompiled code that is what is used to ck if your MC had the 3way. So when I look at save files where do I find that referenced?

Cant tell you this... dont know what you want to achieve either... do you want to edit your savegames so you dont have to make multiple playthroughs? I tell you... this will not work anyways and everything will get fucked up one way or the other.

What i can tell you, the choices of the MC, the whole plot and paths are in the savegame, you can delete the persistent file and still load your savegame and play it, and everything is peachy, only things missing would be the gallery...

How everything works... i dont know, and i dont care, what i know is that you dont need the persistent file if you want to load your savegame... and whenyou start a game without having the persistent file, the game creates one in an instant... and i guess if you load your savegame, some things will be written in the persistent file afterwards again. Why? How? iam not that good at coding... i know some basics in c++, html, and visual basics... old knowledge mostly though

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
So this is the part that confuses me. If you look in the code you can see different variables have defined labels such as
ep3_toldJillBullying

But if you look for that in the save file it doesnt exist. Whereas I do see there are 239 bios entries. Is DPC usin the Bios entries then to track your decisions?

If I avoid the console entirely & I just want to lift the hood of the save files themselves where do I look to find where these saved variables are?

If I want to look at where ep8_sq_lewd is in the save file for the Sage/Quinn 3way where do I find it? BC I cant find it at all. But in the decompiled code that is what is used to ck if your MC had the 3way. So when I look at save files where do I find that referenced?
DPC is anti-mod, and does everything he can to make sure you can't see everything on one playthrough. It would not be a surprise at all that he hides tripwires in the bios so that the console editing can't easily change things. Examples are things like whether you helped Sage (and locked Jill's path episodes later) or got a blowjob from Cathy (and locked Bella's path episodes later), they were written as normal code and mods have been able to set it up that you can change those variables. I would not be surprised if future tripwires are buried further into the code like in the bios.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
ep3_toldJillBullying

DPC is anti-mod, and does everything he can to make sure you can't see everything on one playthrough. It would not be a surprise at all that he hides tripwires in the bios so that the console editing can't easily change things. Examples are things like whether you helped Sage (and locked Jill's path episodes later) or got a blowjob from Cathy (and locked Bella's path episodes later), they were written as normal code and mods have been able to set it up that you can change those variables. I would not be surprised if future tripwires are buried further into the code like in the bios.

yeah thats true too...

And a reason why you cant see every variable in the savegames and so on... DPC gives modders a hard time, and every new release the savegames out of those mods are mostly fucked up afterwards.

It is very possible that the variables you are searching for, are not to be seen like you think. Or like they "should be". They might be hidden, labled in a different way... heck if DPC wants, he can lable the variable for the sage/quinn 3 some just like this "MC took the cookie" or such... Just to give modders a hard time finding it. Does he do so all the time with everything? Nope... but nobody knows where nad when he does.

He changed those labels and variables in the past many times too for many scenes and choices. And yeah... DPC is maybe the only one doing this.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Played it from scratch after missing few updates and boy what an adventure! You gotta appreciate the craftmanship - music, environment, story, chracters, scenes, humor, details, working social media systems... I mean WOW! There is a reason this game is most popular on this site and probably best in the industry in terms of quality. If you find my reply while deciding wether or not you should play - just do it, I promise you will enjoy most parts of the game regardless of your kinks.

About interlude. I think it is beautiully crafted, but clearly feels a bit detached from main game. I grew used to chapter intros being similar way, but they were shorter and you returned to core of the game after it so it felt a part of the game. But if the next chapter goes back to normal I don't think it was bad by any means to have a look in Zoey's past especially if she will have big role in the future. Personally she won't be the girl I chase after, but I can see how she would have many fans.

Next episode - Vixens. Hell yeah dude, can't wait!! It suggest we will get to interact with the mysterious girl withdark hair and eyebrow piercings, I fell in love with her instantly during the dorm party. I like fun girls like that and let's be honest here MC can be such a slut as well depending on your choices, so would make sense if he likes those type of girls too. I was actually a bit upset I couldn't finish the DIK tradition and get with Arieth at HOTs party, I think it was a great opportunity, now MC is the odd man out, but I guess there is still chance in future :D

Maybe I did something wrong, but I was a bit sad that only options for MC in relationship choice was Sage or Others (i suppose here could be Isabella, Jill, Maya or Josy, but I am doing a massive DIK run so it makes sense to ditch these goody-2-shoes). I would be interested to see if Quinn can be tamed, sure she is a bitch sometimes, but I find her alphaness attractive at times, would be great pair with MC on "asshole choices only" playthrough. And she is on path to inherit HOTs as I think MC is on path to inherit DIKs. King and Queen - perfect match!

But if Quinn is a no go.. then Nicole (Envy) should be my wife. I absolutely adore her. What a fun person and stunningly beautiful. Lily is fun, but she needs few years to reach that Nicole charm. Initially I pursued Sage, but she grew more and more "good girl" for my taste. If she was badass HOTs Queen I would totally choose her, cause her body is banger and redheads.. who doesn't like redheads. :)

Sorry for long post, this game clearly puts a lot of emotions in you and I just binged it over few days so yeah... Carry on. This game is absolute GOD TIER!

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Its a big Problem with the game as a whole, that we cant be sure what the MC is seeing and what not... there are a ton of big scenes in the game where the mc is not even near it, and some scenes are in his reach but we cant be sure what he really saw...

I thaught about the mona/Burke thing a while... it can be the case that he just only saw burke leaving a room, but no... i think he saw the whole scene, otherwise his "thaught" about it "what was that about?" wouldnt make any sense... nobody is thinking that if a guy leaves a room on his own... of course the MC did saw mona leaving the room and cammy chasing here and than burke leaving this room too.

Yet... this scene bothers me a lot. At this state of the game... MC knows about the things camilla does, the restaurant of quinn (no matter if you are a chick or dik, those things happend regardless), that burke is not a very nice guy too, that Jade is not afraid to flirt with students (well to call it flirt what she does to the mc at the start is even a little stretched so to speak...) A little later on Mona left college, and the MC didnt even thaught back to this scene and everything going on at the HOTs... that bothers me a lot.

Its not the only time in this game the MC acts way to clueless about everything he had witnessed so far.

But well... i think its not unfair to say that DPC is not the perfect author out there, regarding a AVN he is pretty good compared to most DEVs around here. Writing a book or a script for a movie? Well... DPC should stay away from it. For that the game already has way to many plotholes you have to "oversee" so it can stil work out.

This very scene and how the MC acts later on about mona (or to say not acting at all, like he dont know anything) is one of many so called plotholes in the game we have to deal with and DPC cant do anything about it anymore... (well of course he could delete this scene for examplem but would that be a good way to go about it?)

Its not THAT important though i think. Cause even if the MC would connect all the dots... he couldnt do anything about it anyways alone... he at least needs some proof or other witnesses and overall the MC is still very passive "doing things". A thing that bothers me a lot about him... he is way to passive in every regard, well besides fucking.

The whole plot about Burke, the HOTs, the prostituion is stil to come... its lingering around like a dark cloud over everything. And overall its the "main-plot" of the college. But at this point its still way to early to get this thing REALLY started. I would say even at the end of season 3 it would be still to early to get this rolling... To solve this and bring Burke and everything down, will be a thing for the end of the game. So for the last season overall. MAYBE not even in an active role, maybe the MC will be just a bystander overall...

But as i can see it, DPC is aware that he made a little mistake here. that MC saw this thing and doesnt have a little thaught about Mona later on, even when she left college just like that.

DPC was a little more cautious after episode 5 what he made the MC see and what not. regarding the drugs and prostitution, the MC doesnt see many things anymore (the last time was at the big HOTs party i think, where quinn was dealing a little bit... but well, nothing really to bother about)... especially nothing that he bothers about. The little drug use and dealing by quinn? *shrug* be real... anybody of you went to college and DIDNT know that somebody dealt with some things and others use them? And did you guys bother? No of course not. Its a normal thing that some young people do this shit at college... and its not even a big deal around this game as i see it (if it wasnt for burke)

some students are dealing and consuming a little bit of drugs... well... in my schooldays (and iam talking about the age of 14-16 not college age) many fellow students were smoking some weed (even during schoolbreaks right before lessons), and iam pretty sure some even tried harder things too, didnt witnessed that though, only the weed (and that had to come from somewhere? So somebody at school was dealing with it of course). Some teachers looked just in the other direction i think. One girl i knew, at the age of 16 she offered blowjobs for some money. I bet on every school there was a bratty-girl doing that and enough stupid guys using that. (most of these girls you can now see at chaturbate maybe :D, no need for blowjobs at schools anymore with the internet) On college? Drugs and a little "money for sex business" is maybe even a pretty common thing... we are talking about people that are 18-23 years old. I mean, just look into the papers... news like that are around at daily basis.

What makes this a big deal is the involvement of burke though... handling out tuition for sex, and if youre not down with it youre off the college (like mona). And i would bet he gets a cut out of the drug deals too...

But we have to be aware of the fact, that quinn is NOT dealing in a really big way here. These are small deals, heck... she dealt ONE eightball for richard... other than that some pills and weed mostly... and a little speed for private use and some others. Not exactly a Pablo Escobar here. For the police that wouldnt be very high in priority... certainly nothing to start a proper investigation over (with undercover cop and following students... way to expensive to start a investigation like that over the small dealings from quinn). But if it would comes out that Burke has his hands in it too... we are talking about a whole other thing. We ahve to wait and see.
I agree with mostly everything, but I don't think he made a mistake here. The MC doesn't have enough information to link Burke to Quinn and the restaurant. As far as he knows Quinn is pimping other girls to other students like him.

This is a mistake I'll likely regret, but I'm tired and my judgement is impaired.

Your response was as follows:

View attachment 2198824

Whether you intended to or not, you were commenting on the scene of Stephen coming out of the same room as Mona, which the MC indisputably sees. If your intention was to comment on the discussion between Jade and Tybalt, then you fucked up your post.
I had missed the MC reacting verbally to the scene in the last screenshot. Yeah, he does see it. DPC does this kind of scenes a lot, where something happens in the middle of something else and it doesn't mean the MC is there too see it. That Mona scene could be one of those except for the last line which awknowledges the MC is there to see it. Tybalt and Jade's is another example of that and I don't think the MC was there listening to their conversation.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree with mostly everything, but I don't think he made a mistake here. The MC doesn't have enough information to link Burke to Quinn and the restaurant. As far as he knows Quinn is pimping other girls to other students like him.

I had missed the MC reacting verbally to the scene in the last screenshot. Yeah, he does see it. DPC does this kind of scenes a lot, where something happens in the middle of something else and it doesn't mean the MC is there too see it. That Mona scene could be one of those except for the last line which awknowledges the MC is there to see it. Tybalt and Jade's is another example of that and I don't think the MC was there listening to their conversation.
Afterwards, Mc expressly says that he saw Mona and Burke.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Afterwards, Mc expressly says that he saw Mona and Burke.
Yeah, but besides him seeing their expressions and the room they came from, there's nothing there for him to see, nothing to make any conclusions beyond Mona not being happy and Burke having a straight face....
That info is nothing more then the fact he seen them there, it's useless for any links to the free tuition scam, Mona left and even if and when she does tell her story, it's still just seeing them together there....

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes