OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Hello everyone, If I'm not wrong, DPC mentioned in the previous status update that he performed playtest on various branches for episode 9. Therefore, we should expect beta testing to be completed in a shorter period and hope to have the update as soon as possible.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but decent dev with an ounce of smarts would do internal playtesting (alpha-testing in tech-speak) before sending their work out for beta-testing. And DPC always does that. So don't expect beta period to be any shorter than usual.

Mrs. Cake already gave it a go.

From a few days ago:

1670005689521.png

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Mrs. Cake already gave it a go.

From a few days ago:

View attachment 2208827
If that's a legit post ('cause I can never trust yo ass), that's a little concerning, the whole "bad choices" thing I mean. Like what would be considered bad choices?

Does that mean all our choices (that haven't already bitten us) are now lining up to bite us in the ass? Off the top of my head, the following have lead to relationship failures so far:
  • Being a DIK and having it block the throuple early on.
  • Being a DIK and having it block Jill. That would have been the worst if you were keen on Jill and got so far only to find out you had no chance all along.
  • Not going on the picnic and having it block Jill.
  • Getting a blowjob from Cathy and having it block Bella (definitely the most awkward so far)
What else could go wrong?

Obviously Sage and her mom has the biggest potential to have shit hitting the fan and covering everyone. If Burke has seen the video too, who knows how insane this could get. That is definitely gonna be my first ep9 play through. :p

If you choose Bella over Jill, Jill will see them boning and get all upset, but Bella already knows the mc was dating Jill, and if you choose Bella, the mc doesn't even fuck Jill, so I can't see Bella getting angry with the mc, only Jill will be angry, but bad luck Jill.

Could there be any choices so far that could drive a wedge in the throuple? Always siding with Josy, or hanging out with Josy and ignoring Maya might cause a bit of a rift, we can only hope. :sneaky:

I think DPC is just talking out of his ass.

View attachment 2208825

Elena has been a top tier girl over the last couple of Episodes, not gonna lie.
The threesome is imminent, her past interactions and JB's with Fuckface are building it up. I sure hope it's happening on the Halloween party, it has been a long time coming.
She seems like a decent character, but my mc would only bone her for the achievement. She's not even remotely attractive in my book, not disgusting of course, just simply not attractive at all.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
View attachment 2208825

Elena has been a top tier girl over the last couple of Episodes, not gonna lie.
The threesome is imminent, her past interactions and JB's with Fuckface are building it up. I sure hope it's happening on the Halloween party, it has been a long time coming.
Elena definitely deserves more attention. One of the smartest girls in HOT's, with a free spirit.
She would be a good candidate for HOT President after Sage's graduation.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
You want to know what's behind Isabella's locked door.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whether the picture that hangs in Isabella's reading room, as OFT suspects, I don't know. It could be possible if the picture is hanging in front of a curtain. If not, then it is not a picture and left-right we see the frame of another door.

But I don't think it's children's shoes, more likely jumping boots. Considering that in EP2, when the MC visited Isabella, he saw a person in uniform, it makes more sense.

If the picture was hanging in Isabella's reading room, that makes me wonder, because the two screenshots below would indicate that. But make up your own minds about that.
Those are the same boots worn by the ‘soldier‘ in the MC’s drunken exploration of Bella’s study (as you say). I suspect this is actually a mannequin Bella dresses in her husbands clothes.

I suspect the large picture may also have him in this uniform (possibly hunting gear).

I think the cabinet in Bella’s living room, that is at an angle is probably covering a blood stain. Her husband is possibly in a coma. There is a chance Bella had a child and it’s them in the coma. The only real hint of this the kids books, and the anger when MC joking calls he Mommy.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
this storyline of Maya's loan issues needs to go away. beyond bored of that dramatic crap. i think Jade is the perfect one to help her deal with this once she finds out about it, since she doesn't stand bullying in any form. and i am sure she would see this as bullying. love to see her go visit Patrick at his workplace and tear him a new asshole over it. :ROFLMAO:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
If that's a legit post ('cause I can never trust yo ass), that's a little concerning, the whole "bad choices" thing I mean. Like what would be considered bad choices?

Does that mean all our choices (that haven't already bitten us) are now lining up to bite us in the ass? Off the top of my head, the following have lead to relationship failures so far:
  • Being a DIK and having it block the throuple early on.
  • Being a DIK and having it block Jill. That would have been the worst if you were keen on Jill and got so far only to find out you had no chance all along.
  • Not going on the picnic and having it block Jill.
  • Getting a blowjob from Cathy and having it block Bella (definitely the most awkward so far)
What else could go wrong?

Obviously Sage and her mom has the biggest potential to have shit hitting the fan and covering everyone. If Burke has seen the video too, who knows how insane this could get. That is definitely gonna be my first ep9 play through. :p

If you choose Bella over Jill, Jill will see them boning and get all upset, but Bella already knows the mc was dating Jill, and if you choose Bella, the mc doesn't even fuck Jill, so I can't see Bella getting angry with the mc, only Jill will be angry, but bad luck Jill.

Could there be any choices so far that could drive a wedge in the throuple? Always siding with Josy, or hanging out with Josy and ignoring Maya might cause a bit of a rift, we can only hope. :sneaky:

I think DPC is just talking out of his ass.
Add to your list of failures:

- taking a picture of your dick using Tybbie's phone ---> Jill dumping you after Tybbie's deranged college "lesson".

My opinion is that most "poor decisions" are going to have dire consequences in BaDIK's world, sooner or later.

I think some major choices - those which have permanent penalty to your DIK/Chick status - will have an impact on MC. And I think MC using / not using the restaurant will affect the story.

And I honestly think that many players who fucked around a lot during their gameplay will regret it.

We will see.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba and sava75

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
this storyline of Maya's loan issues needs to go away. beyond bored of that dramatic crap. i think Jade is the perfect one to help her deal with this once she finds out about it, since she doesn't stand bullying in any form. and i am sure she would see this as bullying. love to see her go visit Patrick at his workplace and tear him a new asshole over it. :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry it's going to end because my homie James is coming back :love:

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
who can resist this?

with her beautiful sky-blue fluttering hair that flutters in the wind,
those beautiful breathtaking eyes that sparkle in the moonlight,
and oh,what a beautiful mysterious delightful smile,
a smile that melts every heart of every woman and man earth.

zoey,zoey,zoey,
when you look at me like that with your most loving puppy eyes,
my heart races,i sit with the most trembling hands.

for oh my god,
who can resist such a descended beautiful azure love angel?

zoey,zoey,zoey
I'll go through heaven and hell for you
ti amo,ti amo zoey :love: :love:

b9358ceed748c93b90c37b428899d4c871a86f2c.jpg

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Those are the same boots worn by the ‘soldier‘ in the MC’s drunken exploration of Bella’s study (as you say). I suspect this is actually a mannequin Bella dresses in her husbands clothes.

I suspect the large picture may also have him in this uniform (possibly hunting gear).

I think the cabinet in Bella’s living room, that is at an angle is probably covering a blood stain. Her husband is possibly in a coma. There is a chance Bella had a child and it’s them in the coma. The only real hint of this the kids books, and the anger when MC joking calls he Mommy.
Everything is possible.

Reactions: James H Boner
Jun 12, 2020
who can resist this?

with her beautiful sky-blue fluttering hair that flutters in the wind,
those beautiful breathtaking eyes that sparkle in the moonlight,
and oh,what a beautiful mysterious delightful smile,
a smile that melts every heart of every woman and man earth.

zoey,zoey,zoey,
when you look at me like that with your most loving puppy eyes,
my heart races,i sit with the most trembling hands.

for oh my god,
who can resist such a descended beautiful azure love angel?

zoey,zoey,zoey
I'll go through heaven and hell for you
ti amo,ti amo zoey :love: :love:

View attachment 2209189
Dafuq is this

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
No more Status Updates?
I want to say he said in last week's status update that it was the final one until the release.
Hello everyone, If I'm not wrong, DPC mentioned in the previous status update that he performed playtest on various branches for episode 9. Therefore, we should expect beta testing to be completed in a shorter period and hope to have the update as soon as possible.
I mean, I think he already saved some time by playtesting it while renders were finishing up. Normally, I think he playtests after everything's finished for like a week or so. THEN sends it to his beta testers for 2 weeks. So unfortunately, I think there's very little to no wiggle room left on the release date.
Only things you could really postulate about would be the fact that at the time of his last status update for ep 9, there were still some renders left that'd be finished within the next week. We don't know for sure when that finished and when he sent it out to his beta testers. The other thing would be that if there are relatively few bugs then beta testing and bug fixing could take less than 2 weeks. Other than that, we can only assume the earliest we're going to get it is in 2 weeks. Let's just hope it doesn't go longer than that. If it does, we could be looking at January since it's been suspected he won't want to release on Christmas weekend during the holidays. Knock on wood.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Elena definitely deserves more attention. One of the smartest girls in HOT's, with a free spirit.
She would be a good candidate for HOT President after Sage's graduation.
Yea to be honest, disregarding physical attractiveness for a second, she'd IRL be the kind of girl I'd go after. Chill, fun, and kind of feels like the mom of the HOTs. It'd definitely make more sense for her to be the next president. That's also why I feel like she's a sophomore like JB and not a junior. It's not much to go on at all but I just don't think it'd make sense for Elena to be passed over for Quinn unless it was just a matter of seniority and just passing it down to next person in a logical fashion. Could also just be that she didn't want the leadership role and is fine just chilling out.
Though I don't really think she looks all that bad either. Just, you know, can't even compete with Josy or Sage.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Not at all. As I've grown older I come to appreciate the 'flaws' in artists as much as their talents. Bioware is as addicted to the heroes journey as they are to big booty hoes. Michael Crichton's god the standard god complex they hand out with each and every medical degree. And DPC likes his cheap melodrama. The flaws, in fact, ENHANCE the art, rather than detract from it.

Worst case scenario, I laugh, like I did when the Sage parents reveal happened. Best case scenario, I buy into it, like with a certain fire....(bastard).

There's a speech in Westworld that is absolutely spectacular. It really highlights what I'm talking about. It starts at 1:22, and the most relevant part is at 1:39.

'The guests don't return for the obvious things we do, the garish things. They come back, because of the subtleties. The details. They come back because they discover something they imagine, no one had ever noticed before, something they fall in love with'....

I'm not coming back because Sage fucks my brains out cowgirl style. I can get that in a hundred different games. I'm not even here because I want to count every single freckle in her beautiful face. I'm here, because of the way she presses her lips together when she's angry. I literally stopped the game, made a save and starred at a picture of her pre-rage angry face for minutes the first time I saw it. I wanted to drink in every detail. The game is full of these tiny bits of greatness. We all notice different things, someone pointed out that the candles flickered in a static scene, which actually made it an animation; others hunt through Bella's house trying to decipher her hidden past.

If you're coming back for the big bombastic moments, maybe you will be disappointed, but for me, I think it will more than satisfy.
I appreciate subtlety at least as much as the next man, but subtleties are a garnish. They can't substitute for the underlying story.

IMHO, the story has grown grow too stagnant under the weight of all the subtleties DPC's hung on it. I'll appreciate the nuance and craftsmanship a lot more when they're matched with new scenarios than when they're a mere applique on the same scenarios we had all last season.

Maya's loan is for her tuition. If the dad is withholding (or at least he's threatening to do so) it sounds kinda illegal, almost like straight up theft.
Of course it's illegal, it's fraud and/or theft! The question is whether Maya could prove it to a court and thus avoid the (theoretically) lethal damage to her credit when she goes public. That would depend entirely on how DPC wants this to play out; he controls how contract law works in his universe.

Now Maya's already attending classes, so she's probably already paid for the first semester, so nothing illegal has happened yet.

Once she explains the bullshit her dad is threatening to do to her, if the college contacted Patrick, of course he wouldn't admit that he's a cunt, he'd make it sound like there was some kind of misunderstanding, and that Maya got confused, and of course the money was for her tuition, blah blah.

Patrick hasn't got a leg to stand on in this situation, either he's bluffing, in which case his bluff will be called the second someone of authority questions him, or he's actually done all the things Maya believes he's done, in which case he could possibly be done for fraud since he would have had to lie on any application that could make Maya a co-signer.

I'm still mostly convinced it's a bluff. He's just trying to scare Maya into doing what he wants.
That's possible, but IMHO it would be a mistake. Resolving one of the game's most prominent subplots in such an anticlimactic way is unlikely to satisfy anyone (save perhaps those who already hate Maya and just want her plotline gone from the story). It will make all the characters look moronic and undercut any drama the next time mine DPC tries to hit us with an obviously made-up crisis. Better to make the peril real and allow our heroes to escape it through their own initiative.

Although what he's doing to Maya is obviously causing her a lot of grief, he's probably not an "evil" guy; just misguided and over protective. A lot of parents make ridiculous threats to try to control adult children (or even just young children). A friend of mine's parents threatened to disown her if she married this guy that they didn't approve of. She married him anyway, the marriage failed after 3 years, the parents were right, but they never disowned her.

I doubt Patrick actually intends to destroy her credit rating and have her in debt for life. Why the fuck would he do that to his daughter? He just wants her to be not gay. The whole loan fiasco will eventually fizzle out, because it is a nonsense ploy from a father who is slowly losing control of his adult daughter. Eventually he'll have to stop meddling in her life or else he'll run the risk of not being in it at all.

If it escalates to more than that, like making Patrick out to be some hard line zealot who would rather stone his daughter than let her go muff diving, I will be really fucking surprised. It won't be resolved as well as Josy and her dad, because they already had a good relationship, but I reckon it will end with Patrick realising he can't control her if he wants to still be in her life.
I agree that Patrick deliberately destroying his daughter's life in a fit of religious zealotry would be an odd fit for this game. Nonetheless I can't rule it out because a) DPC has made his concern for my tender sensibilities abundantly clear by now, and b) the game is going to be long enough that Patrick could make good on his threat AND still wind up coming around to realize the error of his ways by the end (after we've already managed to repair the damage to Maya's life).

I wouldn't say it needs to go away completely, but it definitely needs to change. It's been the same note repeated over and over again for 8 straight episodes. We're not going to wring any more drama out of watching Maya sullenly chase after an obviously doomed get-rich-quick-scheme no matter how many tiny animations DPC adds to the latest version. We either need to see Maya's attitude change, or we need to see her respond to a new problem.

Or both. Both would definitely be good.

Add to your list of failures:

- taking a picture of your dick using Tybbie's phone ---> Jill dumping you after Tybbie's deranged college "lesson".

My opinion is that most "poor decisions" are going to have dire consequences in BaDIK's world, sooner or later.

I think some major choices - those which have permanent penalty to your DIK/Chick status - will have an impact on MC. And I think MC using / not using the restaurant will affect the story.

And I honestly think that many players who fucked around a lot during their gameplay will regret it.

We will see.
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. Photobombing Tybalt's presentation has no effect on Jill's path. If the MC has DIK Affinity, Jill was already going to ditch him regardless of what he did with Tybalt's hpone. If he has CHICK or Neutral Affinity, picnicked with her in Episode 6 and fought for her in Episode 7 then she'll invite him to meet her friends in Episode 8.

I agree there will probably be consequences to our actions eventually, but I'm not going to speculate on how far reaching they'll be until I see how DPC handles the vaunted branching in Episode 9.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes