felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
EP8 didn't really create different branches.

The crossroad only concerned a small part of the game, namely the sentimental relationship between the MC and an LI. The rest doesn't change anything.

In the game, the player chooses who their MC sleeps with, and who they have a more serious relationship with. The MC gets involved in the rest of the plots automatically (Maya and her father, Sage/Chad, Jill/Tybalt, DIK vs Jock, and so on).

Finally, the choice of EP8 is anecdotal compared to everything that happens in the game. At worst, the only noticeable change will be fewer sex scenes on a save.

So EP9 won't change much.
Chapter 8 makes limited access to the branching that had started earlier in the second season (the first is much more unified)

now different runs will be needed to see different scenes, before you could see almost everything with 2 runs.

a possible additional difference at this point in the game is that there may be identical scenes but with different protagonists depending on the choices made, mandatory plot passages in which the protagonists will change, however. we shall see

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
but that easy the floor is under Bella's door :ROFLMAO:
You want to know what's behind Isabella's locked door.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whether the picture that hangs in Isabella's reading room, as OFT suspects, I don't know. It could be possible if the picture is hanging in front of a curtain. If not, then it is not a picture and left-right we see the frame of another door.

But I don't think it's children's shoes, more likely jumping boots. Considering that in EP2, when the MC visited Isabella, he saw a person in uniform, it makes more sense.

If the picture was hanging in Isabella's reading room, that makes me wonder, because the two screenshots below would indicate that. But make up your own minds about that.

Reactions: Darkwen

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I don't know about rioting... Perhaps we'll post a few frowny faces or something. :cry:
I would riot if she had.

Anyway, I don't think it's going to happen. If I bet, I'd bet it won't end well for her. How couldn't it?

The whole story is MC telling us his past. Everytime I read the lines where he's addressing to us player, I have the feeling he's hinting us that something went south.

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017

Whether the picture that hangs in Isabella's reading room, as OFT suspects, I don't know. It could be possible if the picture is hanging in front of a curtain. If not, then it is not a picture and left-right we see the frame of another door.

But I don't think it's children's shoes, more likely jumping boots. Considering that in EP2, when the MC visited Isabella, he saw a person in uniform, it makes more sense.

If the picture was hanging in Isabella's reading room, that makes me wonder, because the two screenshots below would indicate that. But make up your own minds about that.

I did the research once. These boots are from the same asset pack that the soldier uses that we see while being drunk.

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
I don't think Quinn will have any allies when the shit hits the fan and unless the player is willing to sacrifice all friendships and other fuckbuddies I don't think Fuckface will be in a position to help her either.
It’s not even a question for me. If helping Quinn means losing friendship of... well, everyone my MC won’t even hesitate (if DPC gives us such option at all). Mind you, I’d rather avoid that, but if it will come down to a simple choice of helping Quinn or not I (and many other players, I believe) will pick the first option no matter the consequences.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
No weekly update, did DPC run away with the money to Bahamas or smth???

did I just got scam ?

I know people in FTC i can push a ticket and get him locked in jail in no time
He gave the "final status update" last Friday and the final episode 9 preview a few days ago. May not hear from him today, unless it's to announce a release date. That's pretty much his SOP for each episode.

Dec 29, 2018
Of all the possible dramas that could come to an end in episode 9, Maya’s tuition grief would be so ridiculously easily solved by the Burkes if Maya just told them the fucking truth:

Burkes: “So how can we help you dear?”
Maya: “I’m gay, and my dad has withheld my student loan unless I stop being gay”
Burkes: “Let’s see… yes, here are his contact details from the school database, let’s give him a call shall we?”

And bam, solved.

How does that solve anything? Do you really think that her dad will just go "Aw shucks, you got me. Here's all the money."?

He's an insanely controlling person who will most likely be furious that Maya tried to defy him. The last thing he's going to want to do is help her out. Instead, he'll be looking for ways to isolate her and gain more control over her. Calling him up would be the fastest way to get him to try to pull her out of there. He'd probably see it as the evil liberals running the college are trying to turn his innocent daughter gay.

Honestly dude, this is like saying that a landmine can be easily removed by stomping on it real hard.

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How does that solve anything? Do you really think that her dad will just go "Aw shucks, you got me. Here's all the money."?

He's an insanely controlling person who will most likely be furious that Maya tried to defy him. The last thing he's going to want to do is help her out. Instead, he'll be looking for ways to isolate her and gain more control over her. Calling him up would be the fastest way to get him to try to pull her out of there. He'd probably see it as the evil liberals running the college are trying to turn his innocent daughter gay.

Honestly dude, this is like saying that a landmine can be easily removed by stomping on it real hard.
Maya is of age, her father cannot take her away from anything except kidnapping.

Once the loan issue is resolved he has no leverage to use.

Then of course a reconciliation would be the best solution

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)
Not at all. As I've grown older I come to appreciate the 'flaws' in artists as much as their talents. Bioware is as addicted to the heroes journey as they are to big booty hoes. Michael Crichton's god the standard god complex they hand out with each and every medical degree. And DPC likes his cheap melodrama. The flaws, in fact, ENHANCE the art, rather than detract from it.

Worst case scenario, I laugh, like I did when the Sage parents reveal happened. Best case scenario, I buy into it, like with a certain fire....(bastard).

There's a speech in Westworld that is absolutely spectacular. It really highlights what I'm talking about. It starts at 1:22, and the most relevant part is at 1:39.

'The guests don't return for the obvious things we do, the garish things. They come back, because of the subtleties. The details. They come back because they discover something they imagine, no one had ever noticed before, something they fall in love with'....

I'm not coming back because Sage fucks my brains out cowgirl style. I can get that in a hundred different games. I'm not even here because I want to count every single freckle in her beautiful face. I'm here, because of the way she presses her lips together when she's angry. I literally stopped the game, made a save and starred at a picture of her pre-rage angry face for minutes the first time I saw it. I wanted to drink in every detail. The game is full of these tiny bits of greatness. We all notice different things, someone pointed out that the candles flickered in a static scene, which actually made it an animation; others hunt through Bella's house trying to decipher her hidden past.

If you're coming back for the big bombastic moments, maybe you will be disappointed, but for me, I think it will more than satisfy.

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021

The image of the shoes does not make sense because if you look through a door that would not be the angle to see shoes, unless you are in the Harry Potter universe o_O

• Angry
Reactions: dalli_x

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
I rotated the image and increased the exposure.:rolleyes:
I know what the original image is like. o_O
For that reason I think that this image is a joke by the creator and should not be taken very seriously. Because that whole scene is like a comedy

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

the boots on floor sooo i'm still right:D The screenshots prove one things for sure I wish my teachers dressed like Bella and Jade

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes