DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Looking at a December release, and today being Dec. 1st, I figure it's time to prepare for the new crop of episode renders.

View attachment 2207259

Aside from that, I was thinking about my thoughts on what might be revealed in the story. I'm not much of a theorist, and when it comes to fiction I try not to give much thought to what's about to happen, and just let it happen.

Nevertheless, I have postulated a few things that I think aren't outright ridiculous. So, here is my short list of my theories in which I have at least some trust:

Absolute:

What's under Bella's door.

Someone was definitely walking past the window.

Confident:

Vixens have identifying tattoos.

Derek is a genius, or is at least very smart. UPDATE: That was written almost 2 years ago. I'm not sure I'd still call him my favorite character, but he's likely in the Top 5.

Definitely Maybe:

Alison has cancer.

Feel free to call me out later on everything I get wrong.
You're absolutely sure about the door? I'm pretty sure we're going to learn something about James in the inevitable clash between Jill and Bella, but due to the Halloween party seemingly taking so much time of the episode, I think DPC will still stall it in some way not to give up too much information already. Like Bella justifying the relationship with something akin to "it's not wrong because James is never coming back and I've come to terms with it" or something of the sort. I'll be quite happy if I'm wrong though.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I think it is unlikely the thrupple will survive until the end, I’d be a bit surprised if it ended now.

In terms of relationships we’ve ended act one now. Next is act two, where every thing is going well, then you have the inevitable falling out then they either get back together or don’t. I’d imagine things will be okay for most of season 3 and then the breakup’s will happen in episode 12. Possibly with things starting to go wrong in 11. Then the final season (presuming we get 16 episodes) will be about either fixing things or starting something new.
But I want my solo Josy path now!

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me.
I felt that. It's been ... rough. I mean staring into empty space in a dark room when you get home kind of rough. Could've just used some fun escapism and frankly everything else just kind of sucks these days. TV shows, movies, games, whatever. This was my last thing I had any interest in. Although, on the bright side it's forced me to stop flaking on my friends and go see them (though that's all kinds of draining and expensive.)

I've probably talked about this 2 or 3 times but yea, I agree that ep 9 feels like it might be a "make or break" type of deal.
  • Ep 8 was overall kind of meh for me for several reasons.
  • There are a shit ton of things to be addressed in ep 9 because of the timing of the events.
  • Aside from the sycophants on Patreon and reddit, it'd be fair to say the Interlude had a mixed reception (on this forum at least). Some hated it. Some loved it. I personally am just overall ambivalent about it.
  • It feels like we've gone past the optimal point regarding the law of diminishing marginal returns and more development time won't necessarily mean more or better content. Which means we'll be waiting once a year for about the same quality.
  • It's become less "perfectionism" and more "pedantry". Filling the game with things that the majority may not even notice rather than spending that time to make something perfectly cohesive.
  • I mean shit, I get it. We'd all still like the game if he only took 6 months and couldn't put in everything he wanted but what matters is that he takes those 9 months to put in everything he wants until he's satisfied. Otherwise, what's the point for him if he's not doing it for himself? On the flip side, what's the point in me caring about it enough throughout the year, every year, until it's finished? To play it, let alone remember it after this update.
  • Etc, etc I've said this all before and I can't even be bothered to remember the details anymore. I can't even be bothered to remember most details of the story itself anymore.
I don't really care THAT much about the plot. I'm here for the fun college antics and the general vibe. I'm sure ep 9 will be great. Though if it's another "meh" then I'll probably become indifferent to BADIK and just try to forget about it for a few years and then come back to it. Although to be honest, even if it is a banger I don't think I'm going to get it from Patreon anymore after ep 9. DPC doesn't owe anyone anything and he can take as long as he wants but I just ... kind of feel let down in a way. Don't know why. Don't know how to explain it. I don't even think there's a legitimate reason to be feeling disappointed but I am.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Don't worry email144. DPC wrote the following in the walkthrough.

"Hint! Whatever choice, it will have a huge impact on the story that follows."

When DPC wrote that, he hadn't even started creating EP9. The problem will be to make it not just a rabbit out of the hat spell, but a rabbit for every Branch.

Therein lies my biggest concern, so that the ramifications are too severe and thus the basis for discussions her in the thread are massively compromised because each Branch is too different. Then the F95 forum should consider creating subforums for each Branch.
You know, I'll be honest with you Dalli: the idea that the game might branch so definitively that discussion in the forum was no longer possible had never even occurred to me. I guess I just saw it as so remote as to be effectively impossible.

So now I've got something new to worry about even if everything goes well. Thanks! :p

*MOCKING INTENSIFIES*

Tomorrow update say that beta testing has started and a release date if not then next week
Maybe. DPC did say it was the last status update last week. If we're lucky he'll announce that beta testing is underway tomorrow, but he doesn't always make a big deal out of that. And I wouldn't expect a release date; he only does that when he's certain all systems are go, which might be only few days before the release.

EP8 didn't really create different branches.

The crossroad only concerned a small part of the game, namely the sentimental relationship between the MC and an LI. The rest doesn't change anything.

In the game, the player chooses who their MC sleeps with, and who they have a more serious relationship with. The MC gets involved in the rest of the plots automatically (Maya and her father, Sage/Chad, Jill/Tybalt, DIK vs Jock, and so on).

Finally, the choice of EP8 is anecdotal compared to everything that happens in the game. At worst, the only noticeable change will be fewer sex scenes on a save.

So EP9 won't change much.
IMHO whether Episode 9 changes anything is very much the question. Episode 8 talked a big game then ducked out when the bill was due. If Episode 9 is more of the same tedious bait and switch, I'm out. If it manages to pay off our decision and start advancing our numerous plot threads (without blowing up anything else in the process), I'll be happy to stick around.

Sigh. *WAITING INTENSIFIES*

Aug 26, 2019
I felt that. It's been ... rough. I mean staring into empty space in a dark room when you get home kind of rough. Could've just used some fun escapism and frankly everything else just kind of sucks these days. TV shows, movies, games, whatever. This was my last thing I had any interest in. Although, on the bright side it's forced me to stop flaking on my friends and go see them (though that's all kinds of draining and expensive.)

I've probably talked about this 2 or 3 times but yea, I agree that ep 9 feels like it might be a "make or break" type of deal.
  • Ep 8 was overall kind of meh for me for several reasons.
  • There are a shit ton of things to be addressed in ep 9 because of the timing of the events.
  • Aside from the sycophants on Patreon and reddit, it'd be fair to say the Interlude had a mixed reception (on this forum at least). Some hated it. Some loved it. I personally am just overall ambivalent about it.
  • It feels like we've gone past the optimal point regarding the law of diminishing marginal returns and more development time won't necessarily mean more or better content. Which means we'll be waiting once a year for about the same quality.
  • It's become less "perfectionism" and more "pedantry". Filling the game with things that the majority may not even notice rather than spending that time to make something perfectly cohesive.
  • I mean shit, I get it. We'd all still like the game if he only took 6 months and couldn't put in everything he wanted but what matters is that he takes those 9 months to put in everything he wants until he's satisfied. Otherwise, what's the point for him if he's not doing it for himself? On the flip side, what's the point in me caring about it enough throughout the year, every year, until it's finished? To play it, let alone remember it after this update.
  • Etc, etc I've said this all before and I can't even be bothered to remember the details anymore. I can't even be bothered to remember most details of the story itself anymore.
I don't really care THAT much about the plot. I'm here for the fun college antics and the general vibe. I'm sure ep 9 will be great. Though if it's another "meh" then I'll probably become indifferent to BADIK and just try to forget about it for a few years and then come back to it. Although to be honest, even if it is a banger I don't think I'm going to get it from Patreon anymore after ep 9. DPC doesn't owe anyone anything and he can take as long as he wants but I just ... kind of feel let down in a way. Don't know why. Don't know how to explain it. I don't even think there's a legitimate reason to be feeling disappointed but I am.
Completely understand not subbing to the Patreon because there hasn't been a real update for over a year and forgetting the game should be easy since it only comes out once a year and will take more than a decade to finish at this speed

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
She better get a redemption arc and a happy ending or we riot.
Why? She doesn't appear to be looking to be redeemed, that's usually a requirement for a redemption arc. If she had shown any concern about Mona disappearing (if it was Burke and not her who instigated that), or showed understanding to Rio's worries then maybe there could be a redemption arc and/or a happy ending. She doesn't seem to care about the wellbeing of the restaurant girls as long as she gets her cut. Being attractive (in some players eyes) and having a crush on Fuckface does not entitle her to a redemption arc.

Being at least friends with Maya and Josy is forced upon the player, as is being at least friends with Sage. I can't see any of those three characters supporting an attempt by Fuckface to help Quinn once the restaurant and drugs storyline becomes public knowledge. Bella and Jill are removed from the Quinn storyline but I can't see them being happy with Fuckface helping her either. Unless Jill's sister's issue was with drugs then maybe Jill would be willing to help, but pimping out girls will probably be too much for her even in that case.

That leaves the others route as the only possible route to help Quinn redeem herself. Even on that route there's Rio who will be caught up in the issue and would be looking for Fuckface's help herself. Lily could well be acting against Quinn already so if you're rolling with her then she'll not want to help Quinn. Cam is low level in the restaurant but she'll still be stressed out by what's happening, especially if closing the restaurant means she loses her tuition.

Derek will be pissed if it becomes clear that the free tuition was linked to being in the restaurant and knowing that Quinn was pushing his sister towards it.

I don't think Quinn will have any allies when the shit hits the fan and unless the player is willing to sacrifice all friendships and other fuckbuddies I don't think Fuckface will be in a position to help her either.

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
You can't find the answer in both the official walkthrough and the fan walkthrough in the OP?
hi- thanks. it must be finding the narrow hallway upstairs. i thought it was the one where i found Jamie and Leon. i havent found it yet. could you help with that?

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
hi- thanks. it must be finding the narrow hallway upstairs. i thought it was the one where i found Jamie and Leon. i havent found it yet. could you help with that?
Is it the one in the DIKs mansion? You have to go through the door at the top of the stairs and then the doorway directly in front of you, then come back out of that hallway and it will show that you've explored the mansion.

Reactions: bogeyparr

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
The free-roam part? if you have talked with everyone and you explore the mansion a bit you need to find a narrow hallway a lot of people miss the arrow at the bottom of the screen make sure to click on that.
hi- would you give some more details about finding the narrow hallway? thanx

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
Try going to the small hallway near with the janitorial closet. Instead of clicking the arrow to the left (which returns you to the previous room), click on the downward arrow. This will take you to another identical door, but this one leads to a dining area. If you've talked to everyone else, that should start the next scene.

If that doesn't work, you must have missed someone at the party, but this was the part that always confused me.
thanks a million. that helped me so much.

Reactions: ename144

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
ok, pics from the future but you'll get it

1. click on the door opening right of nick
1.png

2. click the arrow back towards you
2.png

3. click the doors in front of you
3.png

this will get you into John Boy's open room

edit: eh, you've found the solution meanwhile

Reactions: bogeyparr

georsak

May 15, 2021
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)
I agree with everything. I believe that the long development time and the over-hyping will lead many long time fans, critical like us or not, to minor or even major disappointment. The longer the wait, the greater the expectations and I can't imagine what I'll see to make me think that a year of wait was worth it.
On the other hand, I can't imagine what i'll see that'll make me lose interest and quit the game.
So I don't think that DPC has a problem from a business standpoint. If the episode is nothing special, nothing major will happen.He has a "critical mass" of followers that will play the game, talk about the game in several platforms (even to complain) and generate interest which will attract new players/patrons/followers. And, let's be honest, this is still an exceptional work in the genre, with all its flaws. It makes a great and lasting first impression. The new players will be hooked for a long time, before the shortcomings of the story take a front seat in their minds. And whenever the new episode comes, the cycle will begin again.
I also, like you and I imagine many of us, feel less and less hyped for the new episode with every passing week. Having said that, I'm still interested to see the story continue. For me, Dpc is now like Stephen King or Iron Maiden. I've been a fan for decades and I still follow their work even though I know that it's unlikely that they'll surprise me anymore and that they're repeating themselves more or less for the last 20+ years. Still love them, not as hyped anymore.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes