Aug 6, 2017
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)
Story has been a mess since forever. I just want to see how the game ends at this point

Reactions: Ukghar

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Or, more likely and much simpler: She was late with a payment to Buddy, we know from conversations we've seen between Quinn and Rio that she has had cashflow problems. She got the rest of the money through the Preps party hence the statement "All of it".
Unlikely. Quinn actually had her cash flow problems well under control because she stretched the birth control pills for the jocks with sugar, and thus her profits. The jocks will fall away as customers, that's for sure. But at the preps party, Quinn didn't make any money and what she buys from Buddy in EP6, she pays him in cash. Quinn only gets the money from Rich later.

And further, the question remains why Buddy should care about anything that happens on campus. It doesn't, Buddy doesn't care. Buddy cares about money and not what happens on campus.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)
I've been worried ever since Episode 8 screwed the pooch at the crossroads. Season 2 ended without a satisfying resolution to most of the paths (aggressively so for M&J), the Interlude completely ignored the problem, and most of the hype for Episode 9 has been about how awesome the Halloween party is going to be. We've been promised massive branching, but we've been given no sense of how things will different than the branching DPC just overrode in the last cliffhanger.

I'm very worried about what's going to happen to the game if DPC can't pull a rabbit out of his hat. Not that I think the game will die anytime soon, but I can certainly see it veering off in directions I have no interest in following. It makes me nervous because this game has so much potential and I'd hate to see it frittered away in a myopic effort to maximize short-term drama.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I think the best definition is yours from a while ago.
It is worth playing, not worth waiting for.
That's true and that probably applies to the vast majority of singular updates on this site. It doesn't hurt to keep that in mind when properly assessing EP. 9 in a couple weeks and it also helps to keep your frustrations in check.

no heather?
We saw the bitchy queen's halloween costume in one of the previews. So chances are we might get a shot at the party.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Unlikely. Quinn actually had her cash flow problems well under control because she stretched the birth control pills for the jocks with sugar, and thus her profits. The jocks will fall away as customers, that's for sure. But at the preps party, Quinn didn't make any money and what she buys from Buddy in EP6, she pays him in cash. Quinn only gets the money from Rich later.

And further, the question remains why Buddy should care about anything that happens on campus. It doesn't, Buddy doesn't care. Buddy cares about money and not what happens on campus.
The birth control pills being switched was only working so far, that's what the whole conversation between Quinn and Rio was about, Cam and Lily joining the restaurant was stretching the finances further. Rich does give Quinn money at the party, also other preps were probably buying from Rio or Quinn (or paying to use restaurant girls) at the party so there definitely would have been money made at the party. Quinn may also have lied about the amount the preps paid to get the HOTs at the party and kept a cut for herself.

Buddy doesn't care about what happens at B&R he cares about getting his money from Quinn that she was late paying. But thanks to the preps party she was able to pay all of it the next day.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I've been worried ever since Episode 8 screwed the pooch at the crossroads. Season 2 ended without a satisfying resolution to most of the paths (aggressively so for M&J), the Interlude completely ignored the problem, and most of the hype for Episode 9 has been about how awesome the Halloween party is going to be. We've been promised massive branching, but we've been given no sense of how things will different than the branching DPC just overrode in the last cliffhanger.

I'm very worried about what's going to happen to the game if DPC can't pull a rabbit out of his hat. Not that I think the game will die anytime soon, but I can certainly see it veering off in directions I have no interest in following. It makes me nervous because this game has so much potential and I'd hate to see it frittered away in a myopic effort to maximize short-term drama.
Don't worry email144. DPC wrote the following in the walkthrough.

"Hint! Whatever choice, it will have a huge impact on the story that follows."

When DPC wrote that, he hadn't even started creating EP9. The problem will be to make it not just a rabbit out of the hat spell, but a rabbit for every Branch.

Therein lies my biggest concern, so that the ramifications are too severe and thus the basis for discussions her in the thread are massively compromised because each Branch is too different. Then the F95 forum should consider creating subforums for each Branch.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The birth control pills being switched was only working so far, that's what the whole conversation between Quinn and Rio was about, Cam and Lily joining the restaurant was stretching the finances further. Rich does give Quinn money at the party, also other preps were probably buying from Rio or Quinn (or paying to use restaurant girls) at the party so there definitely would have been money made at the party. Quinn may also have lied about the amount the preps paid to get the HOTs at the party and kept a cut for herself.

Buddy doesn't care about what happens at B&R he cares about getting his money from Quinn that she was late paying. But thanks to the preps party she was able to pay all of it the next day.
Cam and Lily are only a drain on HOTs finances, not Quinn's finances. If Sage really doesn't know about the restaurant, Quinn won't put the money from the restaurant into the HOTs coffers. The same goes for the drug money.

Quinn doesn't get the money from Rich until after the robbery and Rich even warns Quinn not to sell drugs to the preps, in particular Tybalt, or bring it up.

Buddy doesn't care, agrees well with me. Okay, then why did Quinn bring it up or imply it to Buddy on the phone. It wasn't Buddy. It was most likely Vinny and he might care because he was a DIK and still connected to Nick and Rusty at that point.

Reactions: allanl9020142

legend_shon

Mar 17, 2018
That's true and that probably applies to the vast majority of singular updates on this site. It doesn't hurt to keep that in mind when properly assessing EP. 9 in a couple weeks and it also helps to keep your frustrations in check.

We saw the bitchy queen's halloween costume in one of the previews. So chances are we might get a shot at the party.
yes, we saw, but according to last paths picture, there this no her

BaDjosyluvr1873

Aug 10, 2022
Nobody knows. Hopefully not. We're already playing a game. Playing a game about playing a game is a bit too meta, when it results in no story progression or real character growth.
I personally hope there's at least one more dnd game before the end of the main game, just something about the girls in a fantasy setting, not to mention it could be interesting to see the dnd interaction with sally if we get the chance to hook up with her at some point soon.

• Angry
Reactions: zarachi and shazba

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017

Short answer: nothing.

Long answer:

Badik is being writen with a core narrative that every player is gonna experience no matter their choices. No matter how much you help or avoid Maya you are gonna run to her in her "tuition crisis". There are lots of moments like that in the game and there are more to come.

If I'm wrong in my previous assestment this is the episode to prove it.

Cheap drama is gonna also be there because is how DPC writes the game. Zoe complains are just the new shape it took, when episode 9 drops its just gonna change shape again.

This thread is gonna be the same. Some theories here and there, a LI war, DPC denfenders vs DPC retractors, tier list and someone insulting Jill or Quinn and of course people asking when is gonna drop the next update. Some people would check the thread everyday, others from time to time and some would just pass when episode 10 drops. Some faces are gonna change others will remain the same.

Personally I don't feel hype or overhyped, its just another episoded of Badik. It will come and will go.

Can I ask the thread denizens to use the spoiler tag for the first couple of weeks after the episode is out to discuss anything about the contents of episode 9?

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Short answer: nothing.

Long answer:

Badik is being writen with a core narrative that every player is gonna experience no matter their choices. No matter how much you help or avoid Maya you are gonna run to her in her "tuition crisis". There are lots of moments like that in the game and there are more to come.

If I'm wrong in my previous assestment this is the episode to prove it.

Cheap drama is gonna also be there because is how DPC writes the game. Zoe complains are just the new shape it took, when episode 9 drops its just gonna change shape again.

This thread is gonna be the same. Some theories here and there, a LI war, DPC denfenders vs DPC retractors, tier list and someone insulting Jill or Quinn and of course people asking when is gonna drop the next update. Some people would check the thread everyday, others from time to time and some would just pass when episode 10 drops. Some faces are gonna change others will remain the same.

Personally I don't feel hype or overhyped, its just another episoded of Badik. It will come and will go.

Can I ask the thread denizens to use the spoiler tag for the first couple of weeks after the episode is out to discuss anything about the contents of episode 9?
Don't know if there a rule about it but seems a few days to a week is normal to keep things in spoiler tag after that everything fair game. Also Josy is the best girl

SkylerCrew

Aug 30, 2022
The only game i am waiting for Update ... Which not yet get any update for like more then half a year .... hope so we soon get an a wait worthy update for this AVN ... This Game is one of my earliest AVNs i have played .

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes