drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload?
if update focuses too much on mc/lis reaction to zoey's return then update will suck, the will he cheat/will he not cheat with zoey type of storyline is predictable & lame imo.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)
But I sincerely hope it's not his best chapter, we're halfway there, I hope going forward there are even better things

his statements about the next chapter are just marketing, I wouldn't put too much value on it, the new album is always the band's favorite, the new movie is always the best for an actor--nothing new

even to me the year of waiting has completely cooled on the story, but for me the decisive chapter will be the tenth, both because it will give a better idea of the new waiting time, and because this clearly will be a chapter that will have to act as a prologue to the new cycle, so the expectations that something really important to the story will happen are quite low, but I consider it acceptable.

the risk of the random hyperdramatic moment however is there, hopefully it will be more successful than the last ones

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Of all the possible dramas that could come to an end in episode 9, Maya’s tuition grief would be so ridiculously easily solved by the Burkes if Maya just told them the fucking truth:

Burkes: “So how can we help you dear?”
Maya: “I’m gay, and my dad has withheld my student loan unless I stop being gay”
Burkes: “Let’s see… yes, here are his contact details from the school database, let’s give him a call shall we?”

And bam, solved.

Of course Maya won’t want to share that she is gay, and she’s just looking for an alternative source of money, so who knows what will come if the meeting.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
jokes aside, I'm not sure what's worse, if DPC indeed masseffects us and makes THE HUGE CHOICE not matter at all
or makes it matter so much that you're stuck with the same LI for 8 more episodes
the choice does makes sense if arigon was right and all of this ends within 2 episodes.
At the very least, DPC doesn't have the problem that a lot of other pretty good games have aka trying to one up BADIK/game is overshadowed by BADIK.

I think this most obviously seen with Freshwomen

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Of all the possible dramas that could come to an end in episode 9, Maya’s tuition grief would be so ridiculously easily solved by the Burkes if Maya just told them the fucking truth:

Burkes: “So how can we help you dear?”
Maya: “I’m gay, and my dad has withheld my student loan unless I stop being gay”
Burkes: “Let’s see… yes, here are his contact details from the school database, let’s give him a call shall we?”

And bam, solved.

Of course Maya won’t want to share that she is gay, and she’s just looking for an alternative source of money, so who knows what will come if the meeting.
Effectively rendering the meeting pointless... Not the best of premises

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
but, but, butt Sally
I think we'll get a piece of that, if not now, before episode 11. It may just be a one-off fling (on her part), maybe Sally will be the one to hate-fuck the MC and get it out of her system, but I think it needs to happen. I anticipate more joy from that than any amount of Bianca foolishness, though I do not begrudge folks wanting a piece of her - since the only way to get her means you probably put up with the Jill path, and that kind of perseverance (and masochism) deserves a good reward.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)?
Although I agree with you that this update will be the do or die moment for many fans, expecting this to not be the case is naive, although depending on the branch and choices might massively change some parts of the story, the overarching plot will still be the same, no matter what you do you and no matter the branch, EP9 will still end with Quinn killing Vinny, or Maya robbing a bank and so on.

As hype goes, personally I'm hyped but if the episode is shit I don't think it'll change anything for me, I'll still be here shitposting and waiting for the next one until and if I lose interest in playing AVNs.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I believe DPC is hyping up this episode cause Interlude received alot of negative feedback and also this update is taking more time than usual. Well, I am guaranteed that Episode 9 will be a hit since it probably the longest update. Also, we will probably be able to interact with the vixens, pink rose and sally. It also first actual dik party (not counting maggots party)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Although I agree with you that this update will be the do or die moment for many fans, expecting this to not be the case is naive, although depending on the branch and choices might massively change some parts of the story, the overarching plot will still be the same, no matter what you do you and no matter the branch, EP9 will still end with Quinn killing Vinny, or Maya robbing a bank and so on.

As hype goes, personally I'm hyped but if the episode is shit I don't think it'll change anything for me, I'll still be here shitposting and waiting for the next one until and if I lose interest in playing AVNs.
I think the best definition is yours from a while ago.
It is worth playing, not worth waiting for.

I don't know what I'll be doing in a month, so I don't know what I'll be doing for the release of the tenth one

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes