buggs

Apr 24, 2020
i will never get why so many people here think that the "DIK" path is similar to being an asshole or some sort.
I didn't mean for that to be implied at all, I just think that Sage isn't a purely DIK LI and most of the other ones either tend toward CHIK or are entirely CHIK. I admit, I probably haven't played this game as much as some of the people here and Sage isn't even my main path so I don't have that much experience with her, but I feel like there were quite a few DIK options that would piss Sage off, whereas you look at an LI like Jill and if you pretty much just click the CHIK option every time, you win.
Maybe you can say she becomes a main-fuckbuddy or so. But love with relationship attached? Naaaah... some people here giving way to much importance to the new banner.
You're basically repeating what I said in the last part of my comment here. I agree, I don't think she will ever be a real LI and I don't even think she will ever be exclusive. I think she could become a big part of the Others path.
I would say this banner doesnt show the Love-interests in the game, never did... no, the banner just shows the Mainstory-girls, which is a difference.
The banner just represents the paths, that's it. Quinn is the representation Others path.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Eh Jill should have been a DIK only path. Fuckface is her Pete Davidson and she can totally fix him, guys

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's Dawe. I suspect he didn't read the sign posted on the door.
Dawe didn't read the sign because he can't. Watch this little shit is going to have a redemption arc in EP 9 poor Dawe will be all alone he will be walking down the road where he starts crying Jill will see this happen and will talk to him. Jill and Dawe slowly realize they have feeling for each other. Jill turns into a slut and leaves Dawe, brokenhearted he finds Troy and Chad and become lovers

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
i will never get why so many people here think that the "DIK" path is similar to being an asshole or some sort. Its not... The MC doesnt really act like an asshole on the DIK path (like Dawe is one for example or even Tommy... the MC is much more "softer" than Tommy or Vinny at the DIK path, by far). Just a little more rough, blunt, and not so good manners... that is about everything, he is not really a BAD person as a DIK, not in the slightest.. Quinn has definitely an evil side at her, and is bullying others and not lightly... even on the DIK path the MC doesnt do that so much and especially not that seriously... just a little. Compared to Quinn he is MUCH nicer as a DIK.

And with the life Quinn choose for her, there is no such thing possible like a serious LOVE relationship... so no... she is not a LI per definition.

Maybe you can say she becomes a main-fuckbuddy or so. But love with relationship attached? Naaaah... some people here giving way to much importance to the new banner.

I would say this banner doesnt show the Love-interests in the game, never did... no, the banner just shows the Mainstory-girls, which is a difference. And it doesnt matter which girl you choose... every other girl will remain important to the game, if you ditch a sidegirl, she more or less isnt really present anymore, if you dont fuck Nicole, Lily or so... they are not that much present anymore in the game and only have very few scenes left only the maingirls are still very present, her lifes are attached to the MC in a way, no matter what, and thats why they appear in the banner...

And i think Quinn wasnt designed as a Maingirl early on. Her part in the first season wasnt that big. She has not really more scenes than cathy, Jade and other "sidegirls" or so in the first Season... Her Role become just bigger, and i would say... DPC felt the way to make her a maingirl during development... or his Patrons voted for that cause she is rather popular.

But it would be VERY strange if she suddenly changes into a LOVE-interest... Quinn does not do "love" you broccolis! And that will not change so soon... and i dont think it will ever really change... i cant picture ANY game-ending with her riding lovely with the MC into the sunset. Her neck is already so deep in shit, she will most likely end up in jail or worse. Maybe she will realise near the end of the game that she indeed has fallen in love... but that is a big MAYBE. And if she realises that, i still cant see a good-ending happening for her. Only way for a somewhat "good" ending would be, that she turns on her famnily, becomes a police-witness or something like that... but to call it a "good" thing to turn on your family and get them arrested is a little streched. A really lovely-dovely ending with Quinn would feel very unbelievable no matter what. Yeah on her path, she likes the MC, very much so... but love is a whole other thing than this. And i cant picture her falling in love yet, there must be a 180° change of her character first... which is not impossible, but needs a lot more time. So falling in love would be only "plausible" at the end of the game i would say.
I agree with your assessment of Quinn. In any case, one thing is very strange. She didn't organize the preps party just because she wanted a new outlet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At first you may think so Quinn may be on the phone with Buddy and told him so she could have her order list complete. But what could happen in college that Buddy could be worried about. There's nothing there.

What isn't she apologizing for, and more importantly, who isn't Quinn apologizing to? She definitely doesn't mean Tommy, because Tommy knows everything that happened at the preps party night. So it can't be Buddy and it can't be Tommy.

Tomorrow night? That's when Quinn goes to Buddy's house and gets mugged. I assume so the guy Quinn is on the phone with sent a guy to mug Quinn. Why? She doesn't apologize for anything she's done.

So who's the guy on the phone? I'm thinking so it's Vinny.
- First of all, DPC brings Vinny into the picture in EP5. The EP5 intro. Vinny is standing on the stairs and the MC is giving his speech to the DIKs in the same spot and in the same pose.
- We know from EP2 so Nick and Rusty are still meeting with Vinny. In EP2, Rusty learns so the MC almost pissed himself when he was knocked out by Quinn with the teaser. Is Quinn supposed to apologize to the MC about that. Rusty might have told Vinny. If that was supposed to be the reason, why does it matter to Vinny? Is Vinny the MC's brother? Statue fits and there is some resemblance too.
- "Tomorrow night..." Vinny knows Buddy is Quinn's supplier and if the guy on the phone is really Vinny, then he knows when Quinn will be there. Since Quinn won't apologize, Vinny hires someone to attack Quinn. All he has to do is tell one of his customers when and where to find a girl who has drugs in her bag. This explains why Quinn, after being attacked at first is so dismissive of him and when they have sex, why she is then so submissive to the MC, which is so unlike Quinn. Was the sex some kind of apology? Is Quinn afraid?

But one question remains. What was Quinn supposed to find in Prep's mansion, or what did she find or find out? If Vinny really should be the MC's brother, it can only have something to do with the MC's family.

Reactions: dav3knight

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I agree with your assessment of Quinn. In any case, one thing is very strange. She didn't organize the preps party just because she wanted a new outlet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At first you may think so Quinn may be on the phone with Buddy and told him so she could have her order list complete. But what could happen in college that Buddy could be worried about. There's nothing there.

What isn't she apologizing for, and more importantly, who isn't Quinn apologizing to? She definitely doesn't mean Tommy, because Tommy knows everything that happened at the preps party night. So it can't be Buddy and it can't be Tommy.

Tomorrow night? That's when Quinn goes to Buddy's house and gets mugged. I assume so the guy Quinn is on the phone with sent a guy to mug Quinn. Why? She doesn't apologize for anything she's done.

So who's the guy on the phone? I'm thinking so it's Vinny.
- First of all, DPC brings Vinny into the picture in EP5. The EP5 intro. Vinny is standing on the stairs and the MC is giving his speech to the DIKs in the same spot and in the same pose.
- We know from EP2 so Nick and Rusty are still meeting with Vinny. In EP2, Rusty learns so the MC almost pissed himself when he was knocked out by Quinn with the teaser. Is Quinn supposed to apologize to the MC about that. Rusty might have told Vinny. If that was supposed to be the reason, why does it matter to Vinny? Is Vinny the MC's brother? Statue fits and there is some resemblance too.
- "Tomorrow night..." Vinny knows Buddy is Quinn's supplier and if the guy on the phone is really Vinny, then he knows when Quinn will be there. Since Quinn won't apologize, Vinny hires someone to attack Quinn. All he has to do is tell one of his customers when and where to find a girl who has drugs in her bag. This explains why Quinn, after being attacked at first is so dismissive of him and when they have sex, why she is then so submissive to the MC, which is so unlike Quinn. Was the sex some kind of apology? Is Quinn afraid?

But one question remains. What was Quinn supposed to find in Prep's mansion, or what did she find or find out? If Vinny really should be the MC's brother, it can only have something to do with the MC's family.
Or, more likely and much simpler: She was late with a payment to Buddy, we know from conversations we've seen between Quinn and Rio that she has had cashflow problems. She got the rest of the money through the Preps party hence the statement "All of it".

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
i am stuck in the first free roam of episode 2. i think i have done every thing but it doesnt end. please help. thanks

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
anybody ever think about what happens if this update isnt like the best thing DPC has ever made? like what if there is some really lame unavoidable plot twist just for dramatic overload? what if the branching paths are just a very poor illusion that all lead to the exact same scene (again)? what if we immediately have MC second guessing the choice we were just forced to make last episode? what if we learn something about Isabella or MC's mom and its REALLY stupid/contrived/convoluted?

DPC himself hyped this up to the extremes, and the ridiculous wait time to play it since Crossroads has driven most people here to ludicrous hype levels. i am of the mindset that 1 update per calendar year is gonna be the norm (yeah even with his 10% speed increase or whatever), and for that model to be "acceptable" to most people this singular episode needs to be like his literal best work to date to validate the lengthy wait time and the Interlude itself.

i wont lie, im not nearly as hyped as some of you. a lot of shit has happened IRL in the world since Crossroads, and the super long wait time has also taken its toll on me. its hard to be as invested as before when there is nothing to talk about for like a year when compared to the previous release schedule. so while i am still looking forward to it being available soon, i also feel like this is kinda a "do or die" moment for the story he is trying to tell us (which will take several more years to finish at this point in time).

anybody else ever think about what happens if the consensus on this update after the dust settles is anything less than "best DPC product to date"? i kinda feel like this cant even afford to just be mediocre or "good enough", it needs to have everybody love it 120% or it will still be considered a failure in the eyes of the general audience because of the massive time investment this story requires IRL. just curious what your thoughts are (if you have any lol)

I think a bad steelers season is making you question your life's choices. hence the cynical point of view on the situation!

jokes aside, I'm not sure what's worse, if DPC indeed masseffects us and makes THE HUGE CHOICE not matter at all
or makes it matter so much that you're stuck with the same LI for 8 more episodes
the choice does makes sense if arigon was right and all of this ends within 2 episodes.

as much as I'm hoping for the best, I do agree he's hyped himself into outer space and now we're waiting for the best episode of BaDIK so far. but, I've used the analogy before somewhere, I'm afraid it might be just another "new record" that sucks but the band speaks about it like it's their most mature work so far and they like how their sound has progressed with age.
I don't know what he can do now to outdo himself. I'm afraid he might do a crappy cliffhanger which might only make the situation worse because if we're gonna wait for 9 months for a resolution to it, people are gonna be mad. waiting for this episode has made even some of his hardcore fans scratch their heads. and imagine if he makes it intertwined-episode-10-cliffhanger-resolution level of shitty? heads might fly.
he has roughly 5k renders to tell a huge story. sadly (for him) is that a huge chunk of those 5k renders will have to be that long awaited halloween party. what can he do with the rest? with how many LI paths that might have some content outside of the party? and if we add the duality (chick/dik) which might take a few more renders due to different facial expressions, it's even less renders to work with.
I'm writing this out of the head now, the first examples that come off the top of my head. I haven't thought about it at all because I'd rather just wait for the game than speculate. but what if he puts out the biggest party scene ever and that's it for the episode? like, maybe you get one or two more scenes outside of the party but the party takes a fuckton of renders so not much else gets in? I'm not sure I'd feel that was a great episode.

as you said, THIS IS IT and I agree with you. this one might define BaDIK as a game. people already felt season two has a drop in quality compared to season 1. and this episode might either be spectacular or seal people's opinion of how the game has completely gone to shit at the half mark.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes