zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Does it matter in this game whether I'm a massive DIK or Chick when it comes to conquering the girls? For example, as a massive DIK, do you have a chance of getting with Jill? I feel like the DIK choices offer more fun, but Jill is also my favorite, alongside Isabella.

Another thing I noticed - did DPC receive lots of death threats after Acting Lessons? The disclaimer kind of makes me think that the reactions to that game must've been ..unfriendly and intense?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
By having Zoey return (and likely become a LI choice), DPC is changing or adding nothing to the story that he didn't have planned from the start. She was always intended to return, and IMHO, always intended to be an eventual choice of LI.
I agree Zoey's return was long planned, as was whatever endings she can wind up with. But I think people get way too hung up over the LI designation.

To me, it seems like what made the original LIs different from other characters was the decision at the crossroads; we would need to choose one of them (two for M/J), or else choose no one and wait. With that choice behind us (mostly), it's entirely possible DPC could re-designate LIs based on a new criteria appropriate to Season 3. Or he could come up with a new moniker for a selection of girls and use that instead. Or he could stick with the original list of LIs and side-girls and just give characters the appropriate role in the story regardless of what he labeled them.

Given DPC's taste for trolling the audience, all are equally possible IMHO. Which goes to show that what we call the girls is irrelevant. The important thing is what DPC plans to do with them, and he is unlikely to spoil that by conforming to rigidly defined roles based on how they're described in the walkthrough.

Nah, I'm thinking Joey looks more like this:
1670560074346.png

Last edited:

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Does it matter in this game whether I'm a massive DIK or Chick when it comes to conquering the girls? For example, as a massive DIK, do you have a chance of getting with Jill? I feel like the DIK choices offer more fun, but Jill is also my favorite, alongside Isabella.

Another thing I noticed - did DPC receive lots of death threats after Acting Lessons? The disclaimer kind of makes me think that the reactions to that game must've been ..unfriendly and intense?
You pet raccoon only likes Chicks, so don't dip too deep into the red zone.

• Haha
Reactions: bigdick289

The_Hat

Oct 25, 2022
I have no idea how you managed to fuck that up twice, but let's just try to fix it.

Download URM and put it into the game folder. Start your game, load a savegame prior to the 'in Bella's car' scene.

As you get close to it, in the top left corner you will see a blue overlay window saying "path detected" open it by clicking on the little button and a window will open, there should be 2 choices, one green, one red, the green being the one you are currently on, select the red option and close the overlay window - then save soon'ish after. That should do it.
Thanks, I'll give that ago.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
She's "Others". And "Others" means: "Maybe I'll want a relationship someday, but it's not today" or "My heart tells me I'm not ready for something serious with anyone else". This is what our MC tells himself after he chooses "others" (it depends on your affinity).

Remember: this is a DrPinkCake game - bad endings are just around the corner. Your MC could end alone.
Mc doesn't know Zoey returned when he made that choices. Also none of the girls in others route are ready for relationship. Zoey will more likely become a main li

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
She's "Others". And "Others" means: "Maybe I'll want a relationship someday, but it's not today" or "My heart tells me I'm not ready for something serious with anyone else". This is what our MC tells himself after he chooses "others" (it depends on your affinity).

Remember: this is a DrPinkCake game - bad endings are just around the corner. Your MC could end alone.
Also remember that the variable in the code is the “alone” branch! :eek:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018

Your mc could end up alone even if you pick a main girl, DPC's last game had like 7 or 8 girls on the banner yet you could only get endings with 3 so that's not really saying much.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

Yes, if you want to succeed in pursuing either Jill or Isabella, you will need to pursue a CHICK path, or at least on the chick side of neutral. Maya and Josy are more neutral to chick, Sage is neutral to DIK.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
3 systems would be a major down grade, even with better systems, than his current 8.

But what I don't see is a reason for him to ditch the old systems. He could, say, add 4 4090 systems, and keep the eight 3090's going.
I’m fairly sure he doesn’t have 8 systems. I think he has two or three rendering machines and a work station. When people say he has 8 3090s, it’s not that he has 8 systems, he use SLI connections so two cards connected in one system, for rendering Speed increases.

You can’t do that with the 40 series cards, but their increases power should make it unnecessary, especially with all other components upgraded.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
For me it's sure DPC pulls another "Acting Lessons". He's a sadistic dick. I think the throuple explodes, Bella's husband returns, Jill's getting problems with the family and can't stand it and to Sage MC was only a rebound guy. At the end he's alone or with Zoey. I'm saving money for the day the release date of the last episode will be anounced. On this day I invest this money in popcorn, chips, beer and single malt, prepare my browser with bookmarks to all BaDIK related places in the internet. At release day I'll sitting at home and watch how the world burns.
I agree Zoey's return was long planned, as was whatever endings she can wind up with. But I think people get way too hung up over the LI designation.

To me, it seems like what made the original LIs different from other characters was the decision at the crossroads; we would need to choose one of them (two for M/J), or else choose no one and wait. With that choice behind us (mostly), it's entirely possible DPC could re-designate LIs based on a new criteria appropriate to Season 3. Or he could come up with a new moniker for a selection of girls and use that instead. Or he could stick with the original list of LIs and side-girls and just give characters the appropriate role in the story regardless of what he labeled them.

Given DPC's taste for trolling the audience, all are equally possible IMHO. Which goes to show that what we call the girls is irrelevant. The important thing is what DPC plans to do with them, and he is unlikely to spoil that by conforming to rigidly defined roles based on how they're described in the walkthrough.
Mc doesn't know Zoey returned when he made that choices. Also none of the girls in others route are ready for relationship. Zoey will more likely become a main li
Also remember that the variable in the code is the “alone” branch! :eek:
Your mc could end up alone even if you pick a main girl, DPC's last game had like 7 or 8 girls on the banner yet you could only get endings with 3 so that's not really saying much.
MC's acts do count. All of them.

Do you remember what happens if Josy & Maya reject you at the DIK's library? Derek asks you how you feel at the Preps' party (the infamous "fish scene"): IMHO Mc's answer is going to have a huge impact:

after you choose "others" at the end of episode 8

if Josy & Maya rejected you and you told Derek that you "still have feelings for Maya", you tell yoursef: "I still have feelings for Maya, but since that's not an option... my heart tells me I'm not ready for something serious with anyone else."

What I'm telling you is that if you chose "others" and you fucked around in your gameplay... be prepared and don't pout when you step on a mine.

Everything counts: do you really think that quarrelling with Caleb is a good idea? do you really think that helping Derek with the nerd's water balloon prank at the party won't have consequences? do you really think that flushing the notes in the toilet won't have consequences? I bet someone will fail the exams and leave B&R in episode 9 or 10 if you did it.

An example:

do you remember the huge fat guy shaking the vending machine in the dorm? if you choose to stay at Derek's you will meet him again in the corridor. If you tell him to enter the chess club you will find out in episode 7 (if I remember well) that he will end up beating up the math teacher (the teacher who will replace Cathy) while playing chess and he will be expelled from B&R.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Yes, she will. Or at least that’s my very firm opinion (not the only thing that’s firm with regards to Zoey, btw).

If anyone thinks there’s no possibility that she will be a Love Interest (LI) choice (you’re welcome, Astrid), then they are ignoring the fact that DPC almost explicitly said so. At the very least, he heavily alluded to it:

View attachment 2222011
View attachment 2222013
View attachment 2222014
View attachment 2222015
With one of the options being MC giving the OK to pass her off to MC's dad.

• Haha
Reactions: Ukghar

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Why do I need Jade, because there are a lot of hot college girls around? I don't like older women and Jade also has a disgusting personality. So I'll probably skip it.
But you will eventually miss out on being Sage and Tballs step-dad. Or at least miss out on nailing a hot mom as well as the hot daughter.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
We can be reassured (about the duration of development of the EP9) by saying that this episode will deal with a lot of things:

- The MC's decision regarding M and J (continue or stop).

- Zoey's return.

- The Halloween party, preparation and the party itself.

- The meeting with Sage's parents and what will follow.

- Make the decision taken at EP8 concerning LI tangible.

All this is not going to be settled in one scene. If in addition we add everything else (which should be discussed after EP8), as well as the classic sequence of an episode, and finally possibly new intrigues, we arrive at a lot of things to tell in this episode.

I have the impression that it's more than in the previous episodes in the sense that this time, certain intrigues must advance immediately from EP9.

So, I tell myself that that can explain the delays, and give hope that then it can return to a rate of two episodes per year.
Yea, that's what I've been saying. Those are things that NEED to be addressed in ep 9 because of the timing. Even the meeting with Sage's parents is going to have a crap ton of things because of who's involved (not even mentioning the "Fuck, fuck, fuck" ending scene for ep 8).

Your reasoning might make sense but I think the main bottleneck for development speed this time around was the long form animations. You could argue that he wasn't just sitting on his hands while the animations were rendering but there were several instances that hinted that he had finished writing the bulk of everything relatively sooner as well as coding.

Even if that's the main reason for such a long development this time around, on the flipside if ep 9 doesn't properly cover all of that (and that might be subjective) then we're looking at one episode a year for about the same amount of story-telling. (That makes sense, right? Since it's just a logical reversal of your hypothesis.)

To add to that, with all the completely separate branching paths because of ep 8 DPC might be thinking he wants to add the same, large amount of content for each path which could contribute to the long development time in the future. So even with some key events out of the way, I don't think it's going to decrease the amount of storyboarding he has to do.
There were already separate paths but there was also a lot overlap. For example: No matter what you still had to go on a tennis date with Jill, you still had to spend the night at Bella's place and do yoga with them in the morning, you could still hook up with Sage while dating everyone else. There were more "path-exclusive" scenes and content as Season 2 progressed but unless you played a specific way, it still felt like there was a lot to see in each episode.

Ep 8 felt kind of empty because of the sheer amount of path-exclusive content. DPC might have been trying to remedy that with ep 9. Which means, if there is at least "3 hours" for each playthrough of an LI then I don't think 1 episode/year is going to change. A counterpoint to that might be that there actually still isn't that much content for each LI in ep 9.

I don't know, there are a lot of factors at play here since this is so unprecedented which is another reason why I think ep 9 is a "make or break" type of situation. Still, because there are so many uncertainties I have no reason to believe that the long dev time is just going to be a one-time thing and I believe this will be the norm going forward.

In the long run, I seriously don't believe it will affect his Patreon but Steam might be a different story. Just for me personally, I just don't think I want to wait around every day for a year again like an idiot. LOL:(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't see any contradiction in what you said and that the "Others" path will get an official points system and status.
For example, even in Season 2, side girls have their own requirements for the player and story events where their route begins.
For example, for Quinn you need to be DIK, not being in a relationship with Josy/Maya or Jill.
To interest Lily, you need to protect her from the jock. I have an assumption that from the third season, the path of "Others" will greatly expand the side girls story, making them the main ones.
Possibly. I just think the whole point of "Others" is to accommodate DIK Status. If you think about it, 3 out of 5 LIs can't be pursued while being a DIK. All 5 can be pursued while neutral and all 5 can also be pursued while being a Chick. (I remember checking with Sage, I'm pretty sure you can ... I think).
I think the point of being DIK status is to be a player and not being in an exclusive relationship. I don't think they will ever be Main LIs for the DIK path, I think that whole group will just be the "Main". That doesn't mean I don't think their characters will be expanded upon, maybe we'll get special endings with each of them (the last episode will take two years then, lol) but I don't think we're just going to get as in-depth with them like we did with Josy, Sage, etc. With Quinn as an exception because she's basically the eye of the shit storm driving most of the conflicts in the story.
I wouldn't be opposed to that kind of expansion, though ... just saying. I've always been more interested in most of the characters in the "Others" group than the main LIs (except for Josy and Sage).

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yes, she will. Or at least that’s my very firm opinion (not the only thing that’s firm with regards to Zoey, btw).

If anyone thinks there’s no possibility that she will be a Love Interest (LI) choice (you’re welcome, Astrid), then they are ignoring the fact that DPC almost explicitly said so. At the very least, he heavily alluded to it:

View attachment 2222011
View attachment 2222013
View attachment 2222014
View attachment 2222015
Not gonna lie, she did look pretty fire in that outro scene from the last episode. Don't know why the Interlude decreased my interest in her.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes