Tm66x4

Dec 18, 2022
Use the gallery unlocker, first post should have it. Scene data is not stored in the usual save files.
READ THE FIRST FUCKING POST. Honestly, even 10 seconds of effort, people.. It's in the Extras, in case clicking the mouse an extra time is some manner of challenging task for you normally.
can i have the link to the first post?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The "irony" is that when she's a lame banana MC can make her win the competition, but when she's a bee MC can't choose her. Oh well :rolleyes:

My opinion: Zoey, Jill as a bee and Bianca have got the best costumes. Hottest ass: Bianca (y)(y)
You must to see Jill costume when you are on her route. :HideThePain: It's sad there is no facepalm button it the game

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Some thoughts on the episode...

Disclaimer: I don't care about the story in BAD as much as many people here do but I do enjoy the story & characters.

I think the update overall is a mixed bag. There's a lot to appreciate and admire here so I'll get the positives out of the way first. I enjoyed the branching possibilities in this, there's a lot of work put into not just the different LI branches, but also the way you can progress the party. I play with minigames disabled so I'm not commenting on that, but its cool that you get to decide what to include in the party, which can play out very differently, depending on your path. I also felt like the update is good for your relationship development with whichever LI you picked, and not all LI paths follow the same formula (end of party sex aside). The "others" PT also plays out well in many ways too. I was satisfied with the amount of time you get with each main LI and how those relationships are developing.

Now on the negatives...I think it was a mistake to base the entire episode on a Halloween party. Story development becomes very limited due to this, and it keeps adding to the feeling of how slow things move in BAD. Overall, this episode was not good at all for the pacing of the whole story. Personally, I think it has been a mistake from the start on DPC's part, with how he has utilized time passing in the story. By now, we should have been in 2nd or 3rd semester of college, not midway through first semester. Time barely passes in the story, yet character relationships can move super fast (with LIs), which doesn't make sense. I think the episode needed a longer post party section/timeframe that at least gives some feeling of time passing. I also find it a bit odd that if you're DIK status/affinity and in a relationship, you can't cheat on your LI. Maybe that changes in the future.

The other thing that I would like to add is the development of some of the side LIs (Riona, Camila, Lily). It's hard to determine what the game wants them to be, because it hints at them developing into more serious LIs (at least with Riona & Lily), but the game sends you mixed messages at the same time about investing in a relationship with them. On the "others" PT, for much of the episode, you feel like your relationship with Lily is building into potential GF/BF, but then the end scene happens to discourage you. I guess you can attribute it to story/character development (to put doubt in MC's head & Lily's nature), but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to know DPC's intent here. Camila keeps getting lower priority treatment, and is treated like someone for MC to just fool around with, when I wish that there would be potential LI development there. On the flip side, I like the direction with Nicole. Among these side LIs, my hope going forward is that Lily becomes more prominent, not just in the story, but also as a potential LI for MC, because to me, she's a much more interesting, likeable version of Quin.

Overall, an entertaining update that does many of the main LIs justice, but falls short of satisfaction due to all of it being the halloween party, and the long gap between releases of episodes 8 & 9. I wish I wouldn't have to mention that long gap, but it's unfortunately a big factor here. If this episode comes out with a 6 month gap from release of ep 8, the reception would be very different. I hate being critical because I enjoy BAD a lot and look forward to each release, but the development time is a huge concern, and it is only getting worse.
Riona said she doesn't want to commit to a relationship, so she is a tough nut to break at least for now, on other hand there's Lilly who also said she doesn't want to be in a relationship for unknown reason since she didn't revealed her motive yet.

But seems like Lilly is more and more open to be with Tremolo and she said that a bunch of times before, so i think she will definitely evolve into a main LI, i don't know about Riona though, i guess will remain to be seen.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, I've played through a substantial portion of Episode 9, and I'm sorry to say I didn't like it much.

If I'm being subjective, it was more or less everything I feared: one excuse after another to stall the relationships with the chosen LI, with a *massively* overblown party to distract us from everything else. If I'm trying to be objective things are better: there's still a lot of sharp dialog, goofy fun and (of course) sex to enjoy. But even then, I think the structure of this episode is very badly conceived. The Halloween party goes on way too long, the vaunted branching actually feels less distinct that the old paths did, and there's a real disconnect between DPC's obsession with consequences and the frankly moronic shit he makes the characters do to keep things on his preferred rails.

IMHO as Christmas gifts go, Episode 9 was the relative who spends an obscene amount of money on trendy, high-priced junk to make up for the fact they didn't pay enough attention during the year to know what you actually want. On the one hand, it's comforting to know that they really do care, but on the other hand it's hard not to be a little disturbed at how much they wasted on stuff you're never going to use.

Episode 9 didn't give me the stronger romantic connections I was looking for in the wake of the crossroads, and it certainly didn't do much to advance the plot. It did deliver a lot of sex scenes, but you sure have to slog through a lot to get them. The high water mark is probably some nice work with the side girls on the Others branch (particularly for Quinn, Riona and Zoey), but that just deepens my suspicions that Season 3 will be all about stalling the LI branches while the new girls play catch up. I'm not waiting 2-3 years for that.

We'll dive into the nitty gritty of the Episode then call it a wrap, which will obviously involve spoilers. But first, a quick note to a certain member of the audience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Okay, now, on with the spoilers.

So that's my take on Episode 9. IMHO it was not the episode we needed at this point. But it's pretty clear it wasn't a mistake, so we might as well accept it or move on.

tl;dr An overgrown free-roam that slows down the LIs, speeds up the side-girls, delivers plenty of spectacle and ends on yet another cliffhanger, all without actually advancing the story.
Thanks mate. Appreciate the tag and spoiler free section. I should have clarified that I ditched the Sage playthrough long ago and have no intention of picking up her or any of the main LIs now or in the future. That said, I decided I had to see this potential shitshow for myself. I did but one playthrough (massive DIK, others, manwhore, where I sex every woman who will let me for as long as they let me until they break up with me). I have scarce interest in doing another run. One playthrough was enough.

My expectations were incredibly low and those expectations were met. For that reason, I don't think I was as disappointed as I might otherwise be. I knew exactly what was coming. Still, I would rate this as my least favourite episode. This even beats out the clusterfuck that was ep. 7 because that one had a higher number of redeeming qualities despite its low points.

I am sure many of my statements below have already been iterated, but I haven't been keeping up with the postings so this is my fresh perspective (mostly stream of consciousness). I am doing this more so I have a record of my disappointment for future me than to provide an official review.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You can, but you need to be Neutral (or DiK, obviously) for the option to be available. Easily done with Sage, impossible with Jill, not 100% sure about the others.
Have you actually tested it? Because in the game script it appears that if you aren't on the "others" branch then you don't get the three choices screen, but only two options, "Maybe some other day" and "Refuse".

I certainly didn't get the three options on my Neutral M&J run.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Question to everybody: Who can win the costume competion? who did you make win?

I haven't played all the options yet, but I noticed that all the people my MC chose won except Elena who lost to Leon (laaaaame!).

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

Iron_havoc

Jan 8, 2020
Since this is just a free roam im guessing it should be different, but does anyone remember how long it took for the fan walkthrough to come out for ep 8?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Since this is just a free roam im guessing it should be different, but does anyone remember how long it took for the fan walkthrough to come out for ep 8?
I'm positively sure that it came out before the official one got leaked here - because I've always used the fan walkthrough.

Reactions: Iron_havoc

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Question to everybody: Who can win the costume competion? who did you make win?

I haven't played all the options yet, but I noticed that all the people my MC chose won except Elena who lost to Leon (laaaaame!).
I didn't pay too much attention to it since it doesn't seem like it has any effect on whoever you chose to win, at least not now.

In Jill path, i chose obviously Jill because she is my girl.
In Isabela path, i wanted to chose Isabela because she said i have to chose someone else instead of her so i chose Elena, but she doesn't win.
In Sage path, i chose Zoey because her costume is the best one.
In Others/Quinn path, i chose Lilly because yes.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
The "irony" is that when she's a lame banana MC can make her win the competition, but when she's a bee MC can't choose her. Oh well :rolleyes:

My opinion: Zoey, Jill as a bee and Bianca have got the best costumes. Hottest ass: Bianca (y)(y)
I agree that it's silly how limited your options are for nominating people. Like, you can't even nominate Leon, despite that being part of the biggest running gag of the episode. I'd kind of understand that if you can't nominate any guys, but you can nominate John Boy to embarrass him, which is totally random.

But yeah: Derek's ass-less astronaut, Bella in the Hell Week mask and regular clothes, "racist" "ninja", girl in a sheet with eyes drawn on, guy with the costume on a stick, fat Santa... so much potential comedy just left on the table.

Jensaisrien

Aug 9, 2017
Found the rest of the hidden buttons but I'm stuck on "lips" and "the other bloody five." Anybody able to help?
"Lips" is on the fake crime scene in Rusty's room, the 3rd evidence, the glass with lipstick on it. "The other bloody five" is in the upstairs bathroom, you need to wait until Sally comes out, there's a bloody handprint on the wall.

Lamset312

Mar 22, 2019
I agree that it's silly how limited your options are for nominating people. Like, you can't even nominate Leon, despite that being part of the biggest running gag of the episode. I'd kind of understand that if you can't nominate any guys, but you can nominate John Boy to embarrass him, which is totally random.

But yeah: Derek's ass-less astronaut, Bella in the Hell Week mask and regular clothes, "racist" "ninja", girl in a sheet with eyes drawn on, guy with the costume on a stick, fat Santa... so much potential comedy just left on the table.
You can nominate Derek, he's in the theater

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Have you actually tested it? Because in the game script it appears that if you aren't on the "others" branch then you don't get the three choices screen, but only two options, "Maybe some other day" and "Refuse".

I certainly didn't get the three options on my Neutral M&J run.
I did it on one of my runs, but I cannot remember now which. I'm going to play around with it some more today, so I'll report back if I can duplicate it.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes