ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
I agree with you partially, but I don't think Vinny is too stupid. We have no information indicating that he is stupid beside his wild behavior in the past (as part of the DIKs), but that was probably due to his wild nature, not stupidity. I feel like right now Vinny is the true antagonist. In episode 6 Buddy says Vinny is doing really good with his drug business (better than Quinn) and both Quinn and Tommy are visibly afraid of Vinny.

Vinny is great material for the main antagonist because he is basically the antithesis of the MC. They both quickly gain much power inside the DIK fraternity even without holding any official positions, they are both charismatic, they share the same room etc. Even in Tommy's mind the MC is similar to Vinny which is shown before their fight in episode 6. I suspect that Tommy's harsh treatment of the MC is due to the fact that he feels vulnerable and fears being overtaken on his vice-president position by a strong, charismatic person who reminds him of Vinny. DPC evidently plays with comparisions between the MC and Vinny. When the DIKs were just starting, Vinny gave them a motivating speech while standing on the stairs, looking at everybody from above. After the DIK mansion was thrashed, the MC gave a speech in a very similar fashion, standing on exactly the same spot. DPC, who created all these renders, must have delibartely chosen to create this parallel by giving us almost identical pictures. Also, compared to minor antagonists of the game (Quinn, Tybalt, Stephen Burke, Chad and Dawe), Vinny wasn't shown to the player early on, but only teased. We learned about him slowly and gradually, mostly from other people's talk and flashbacks. It's almost certain that we will get new antagonists in this game, but I don't think any of them will be more important to the overall plot than Vinny.

Dude that's way too dark:eek: maybe in Lessons in Love, but not BADIK
Dawe will definitely try his best to sabotage the DIKs in some way, especially him doubting that he is the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, but his attitude is gonna backfire because karma!!! The amount of times he sucker punched DIKs is gonna backfire eventually... i hope?:rolleyes:
Oh, c'mon. Dawe and Tybalt are both more of "comedic relief" sort of antagonists.
If we talk about tri-alpha bad boy, it's obvious to me that it's not Chad(wouldn't be surprised if in the future MC would have him as an ally due to circumstances) and Dawe(as stated above). It's clearly Caleb - the only one from all alphas who doesn't seem to be written as a walking charicature.

I'd love to have some kind of relativistic antagonist in this game, more of grey area, not all black and white.

Also, what a turnaround could it be if Derek would've turned to be the bad guy(illogical af tho). No-shirt Derek...Can't imagine amount of WTFs on this forum after that kind of twist.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Dude that's way too dark:eek: maybe in Lessons in Love, but not BADIK
Dawe will definitely try his best to sabotage the DIKs in some way, especially him doubting that he is the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, but his attitude is gonna backfire because karma!!! The amount of times he sucker punched DIKs is gonna backfire eventually... i hope?:rolleyes:
Yes it is, but that's my brain, rated: not for everyone xD

I also hope karma catches up on him. Also, I am interested in what way will the stats help in the end, since you can make choices that lower the Prep/Alpha stats. Maybe if you build bridges, in some event later on they are more inclined to unite for something in the end game? Because Chad is turning out to be a decent guy, Anthony is alright.

There are a lot of stats in this game that are being tracked.

Reactions: Smackotron

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
In my playthrough when I had Nick being the only DIK to see my LI to leave the mansion I had pretty closew thoughts to these. Wouldn't be surprised if Vinny started visiting library, all of a sudden.
I know, right??? Also Vinny may have hidden a dead drop in one of the books, that's why he trashed some of them!

kiki013

Jan 12, 2021
I recently watched the movie "The Fallout", got me thinking.

If DPC wanted to cause mass deaths in his game, he'd probably create a school shooting mini game.
The way everyone is dunking on Dawe, boy's gonna lose it. Just gonna go all "Hey Anthony, don't go to school tomorrow" on us...
Just imagine AL x 50, picking who to save, who to sacrifice, who to take a bullet for.
yeah, I bet it'll even have it's own tutorial with tips like "pay close attention to your surroundings, notice which positioning will allow you to hit multiple targets at once and remember that you need to place some spare shells for each additional shot. shells are free, and they don't take additional space with a perk. try to avoid the windows and have fun!"

• Haha
Reactions: The Glorious LIME

travelman

Dec 14, 2018
Mate, look at her throughout ep9, especially on Others branch - every render she is in, she's looking at MC VERY PROVOCATVELY, also the darkness cluck and when she catches MC about to have sex with Sandy. She will definitely stan MC in Season 3.
To me it were always eyes of judgement.

• Thinking Face

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
classic and smart girl will never make fool of herself kind kill MC mood if i was him. but i get it the choice even tho don't make any sense. basic said she break her comfort zone. I Agree more like Josy thing even i don't like costume but she may able to pull off in hot way
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I fucking loved the banana costume! If my girlfriend showed up in silly banana costume like that I would have gotten a kick out of it because it's my kind of humor.

That and you get to peel her out of it later :cool:

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
I'd love to have some kind of relativistic antagonist in this game, more of grey area, not all black and white.
That's what I like about this game. There is morally grey all around. From Sage's dad, to Quinn's entire drug/sex ring(tho MC don't see it like that, since MC is just a dumb kid enjoying life).
Sure there are clowns here and there, but the kids are not the main bad, just enemies/rivals.

The real bad happens behind closed doors, where we as the MC don't get to see.

So with all the drugs, prostitution, abuse, corruption, possible police... I don't see this game having a singular bad guy, more so a sum of a lot of morally gray shit. That's why the tension is well built in this game since there is not one big bad to punch and solve the issue, but so many things beyond the MC's depth and control.

Last edited:

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
i think dpc already said that he wasnt pulling another acting lessons stunt on this one
drama is fine, but deaths i dont think will happen on this game
probably MC or tommy will be shot and go to the hospital but thats it, no one dies because that shit is depressive and makes the game to be very narrow

Reactions: isotope

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
Yes it is, but that's my brain, rated: not for everyone xD

I also hope karma catches up on him. Also, I am interested in what way will the stats help in the end, since you can make choices that lower the Prep/Alpha stats. Maybe if you build bridges, in some event later on they are more inclined to unite for something in the end game? Because Chad is turning out to be a decent guy, Anthony is alright.

There are a lot of stats in this game that are being tracked.
Ah bro, fully agree with Chad and Anthony points - they are good guys, especially the way Chad appreciated when you speak in his defence during the hearing and in HOTs party, and Anthony genially replying to the cluck about dancing! Anthony was also cool when you are chatting with him and Ash during HOT party - he may be dense, but a good hearted guy overall.

That's my perception as well - especially on chick path you build a decent relationship with jocks, preps and nerds as the next president and burry the hatchets whatever they may be - especially with Tyballs (and possibly Dawe?) graduating alongside Rusty.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Idk why everyone hate Jill so much, she is adorable tho...
But if you want to be fk around mode, then you can't choose Jill route.
Unless there are some skeletons hidden in the closet, Jill seems to be the favorite for the "pink ponies and rainbows" happy ending to me. Out of all 5 LIs, Bella seems to be the one whose fans may end up on receiving darkest ending, not counting Others Path and it's girls.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
i think dpc already said that he wasnt pulling another acting lessons stunt on this one
drama is fine, but deaths i dont think will happen on this game
probably MC or tommy will be shot and go to the hospital but thats it, no one dies because that shit is depressive and makes the game to be very narrow
Imagine 4 Seasons, 16 episodes, years of development and it ends with the MC getting killed, no matter what choice or path you're on. :ROFLMAO:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Eh, I'm less bothered by the extra time and more irritated by the total free roam, which made it feel more like sandbox and I HATE sandbox. The plot is moving forward, its a character driven drama, most of the characters had growth during the episode, some had a LOT of growth.

Leon is so gay he's asking for GUYS to be invited to the party. Not proof or anything, but come on, feels like a definite bit of foreshadowing by DPC.

Frankly though, him being gay (or at least bi) ruins the character. Suddenly Leon's motivation of being worried about his friend is tainted by his obvious obsession with the guy. Most works treat being gay as if suddenly all your behavior that would be predatory and shitty if you were straight is simply 'okay'. It's not okay. A gay Leon would be purposely sabotaging his friend's relationship to try and free him up for himself. Throw in shit like in episode 2(?), where he wants to have a two guy threesome with him. It was weird before, but now its gross if he was doing all that pressuring to get his 'friend' naked and in a room were he could see and touch him during sex, under false pretenses.

Basically, if Leon is gay, I hope he gets hammered for his shitty behavior. Thrown out of the Diks, at least. Hopefully Jamie drops him as a friend as well.
I do t think Leon wanting guys at the party is evidence he’s gay, Having male friend doesn’t make you gay (or bi) he also wanted 2 girls at the party, the guys were just a bonus.

Dani is clearly set up to be an arse who is a busy body who makes Jamie miserable. She’s They’re portrayed as an unlikable know it all who doesn’t let Jamie be himself. I really think Leon is just being the person who hates his friends girlfriend themfriend and wants what’s best for his pal.

Bro, I'm fully with you in terms of free roam, but if you put yourself in DPK's shoes - how else would you address all of the branches and the girls being at different locations at different times? Free roam is the best solution to this dilemma in my opinion as a writer as well. Otherwise it's pre-scripted event after event and you as a player are no longer in control of a story. Yes, it is a bitch in terms of replayability, I went through it 7 times, but it never felt like a chore, instead I focused on renders and their details. That's why I feel that majority of the complaints are about a single branch and not taking in account all of the content. But again, as highlighted - ep9 is an introduction to Season 3 establishing the plot points moving forward, that's why it feels like the plot was not advanced when in fact it was - for each path individually and overall with Vinny, LIs and Derek setting the stage for further development.
On top of that, the dev time definitely suffered from all (unnecessary) animations, party mini-game plus music drama plus potentially (probably even post-COVID related) personal stuff - DPK does not seem to overshare (nor do I blame him for that) and clearly he intended for ep9 to be released around October initially, but it's still a nice Christmas present to all of us.
I didn’t mind the free roam I think it was fairly well done, I was a bit surprised that we didn’t get the day after or anything. I think one way he could of made it feel a bit better would have been using rooster. People posting around the mansion during the party so MC can see what’s happening while he isn’t there. Also some morning after the night before posts would be fun (the pictures from MCs room will be fun for this).

Also I don’t think he’s done it to keep the characters together. Otherwise all we’ll ever get from now on are large free roams, which I doubt will be the case.

I think in terms of production time he was 10 or 12 weeks longer than episode 8. Which was longer than 7 by 6 weeks. Yes maybe you can write a month off with the piracy, music and covid issues but that still means it took him 2 months longer than other episodes. The real issue I have with it is what it means for the longer term. 9 months between updates means another 63 months to get to the end of season 4. That’s over 5 more years.

ScrewMe

Apr 11, 2018
Ah bro, fully agree with Chad and Anthony points - they are good guys, especially the way Chad appreciated when you speak in his defence during the hearing and in HOTs party, and Anthony genially replying to the cluck about dancing! Anthony was also cool when you are chatting with him and Ash during HOT party - he may be dense, but a good hearted guy overall.

That's my perception as well - especially on chick path you build a decent relationship with jocks, preps and nerds as the next president and burry the hatchets whatever they may be - especially with Tyballs (and possibly Dawe?) graduating alongside Rusty.
Remember that moment when of all the jocks Anthony was the only one to recognize that MC could not have taken some of the pics which Dawe and Chad received cuz some of them were selfies and FuckFace wasnt in college at that time? Maybe it was just for the sake of comedy, but dude's not dumb when it's needed.
In all of my playthroughs, I try to make Derek end up with Ashley, but if she ends up being with Big A - would still be happy.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes