felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The 'I'm thinking about your brother' scene reads as DPC being petty at people shitting on him for his dramatic 'fuck, fuck, fuck... fuck' no matter what variations you go into the Crossroads. Its just beyond ridiculous at this point, forced drama doesn't accurately describe it anymore, we are reaching parody levels.
100% sure, but I don't feel guilty, he's the child who screams and stamps his feet on the ground

Reactions: SomboSteel

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
The 'I'm thinking about your brother' scene reads as DPC being petty at people shitting on him for his dramatic 'fuck, fuck, fuck... fuck' no matter what variations you go into the Crossroads. Its just beyond ridiculous at this point, forced drama doesn't accurately describe it anymore, we are reaching parody levels.
Yeah, that is one of my biggest issues with DPC. He creates drama just for the sake of it, often by forcing stupid, unrealistic situations to happen. He probably thinks that "great" writing means overusing cliffhangers, weird coincidences etc.

I think it has also to do with how weak most of the antagonists are. Besides Vinny, nobody is a threat to the MC (unless you fucked Jade and shared the video, then Stephen has some leverage over you). The Alphas seemed like a threat in the first 2 episodes, but since then they have been constantly treated as laughingstock by the author. On the other hand, the MC is amazing at nearly everything he does. His fighting skills are superb even though he trained mostly by himself or with his dad, not professionally, never frequented a gym, and doesn't have much experience in real fights. Practicing a song for Jill is enough for him to be deliver a first-class performance on the spot, without any planning. Plus all the girls want him: he has BOTH great looks and the biggest dick in the game. With a protagonist like this, and antagonists mostly very poor, DPC has no choice but to create some ass-pull drama in order for the player to feel threatened and engaged.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, that is one of my biggest issues with DPC. He creates drama just for the sake of it, often by forcing stupid, unrealistic situations to happen. He probably thinks that "great" writing means overusing cliffhangers, weird coincidences etc.

I think it has also to do with how weak most of the antagonists are. Besides Vinny, nobody is a threat to the MC (unless you fucked Jade and shared the video, then Stephen has some leverage over you). The Alphas seemed like a threat in the first 2 episodes, but since then they have been constantly treated as laughingstock by the author. On the other hand, the MC is amazing at nearly everything he does. His fighting skills are superb even though he trained mostly by himself or with his dad, not professionally, never frequented a gym, and doesn't have much experience in real fights. Practicing a song for Jill is enough for him to be deliver a first-class performance on the spot, without any planning. Plus all the girls want him: he has BOTH great looks and the biggest dick in the game. With a protagonist like this, and antagonists mostly very poor, DPC has no choice but to create some ass-pull drama in order for the player to feel threatened and engaged.
He should be fine with universal cliffhangers, but when he makes the worst outcomes and the best outcomes of your choices amount the same and then when obviously it doesn't pack the same punch, starts to explain it in the most roll your eyes fashion, its just feels like the audience is treated as idiots.

Shrek

Apr 2, 2021
Hello peeps..I'm hoping someone on here can send me a link for version 1 and version 2 it needs to be on Android...many thx..

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Post-release update

The release week is over, and it went smoothly, despite some of the bugs that were found. I dare say that this was among the smoothest releases I have experienced.

Thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive response and support. It makes me happy to hear how much you enjoyed the episode. And it feels great to set up the proper start of Season 3.

At the moment, only three lesser bugs have been found since the v0.9.1 release, and unless something bigger shows up, there won't be a v0.9.2 patch. The new bug fixes will be included in the next major version, v0.10.0.

Please, keep reporting bugs and typos if you find them.

There have been many questions regarding the episode 9 walkthrough. I can announce that it will be released in January - after the eligible tiers have access to the update as usual.

What's next for me is a few days off during Christmas and New Year, but other than that, I don't see any interruptions in the game development for the moment.

I am excited to continue the development, and you can look forward to a new development cycle with polls, previews, updates, etc.

In January, there will be the annual Q&A post - yes, it is now an annual event - where you can submit questions about the game development.

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Take care of yourself during the final weeks of 2022, and I'll see you all in January with the first Status update for Episode 10 (I can't believe we're in the double digits with this one).

Love
Dr PinkCake
I think this time he will match the dates and we will have a thanksgiving-christmas episode during thanksgiving-christmas :HideThePain:

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
I think this time he will match the dates and we will have a thanksgiving-christmas episode during thanksgiving-christmas :HideThePain:
Wouldn't that mean 11 month development? That sounds more unlikely to my than 7 months.

He should be fine with universal cliffhangers, but when he makes the worst outcomes and the best outcomes of your choices amount the same and then when obviously it doesn't pack the same punch, starts to explain it in the most roll your eyes fashion, its just feels like the audience is treated as idiots.
Would you like to share a few examples and have a nice discussion?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think it has also to do with how weak most of the antagonists are. Besides Vinny, nobody is a threat to the MC
The big reject that joined the Jocks wasn't in last update (or hidden very well)...
But it seems to me he's a decent enough antagonist, MC can fight him but the best result is that fight gets no winner...
MC later needs Arieth to get him to leave the kitchen and that's after Heather simply told Jock/MC to shut it....
In the gym he is provoking MC once more and we see MC speaking with a fighter... Stating "some fights you can't avoid"....
Personally i think he's a much bigger threat then Vinny.... Vinny may carry a gun but shooting people is bad for business, for me it is just a sign Vinny is afraid to go one on one with MC. Yeah, he's dangerous but mostly because he's armed...

Reactions: Rythan25
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes