The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Can someone explain the waifu wars to me? There are so much postings just about "Quinn/Josy/Jill/... is the best" and why "Goblin/Madam/Maya/..." are shit. I don't get what's the fun about it. Couldn't we all agree to the point that all girls in their own path/branch are good? Of course Madame is a case of it's own because of the design of her renders but even she has a right to exist in this game. Yeah, I know this right to exist is really hard to explain.

Sure, I only can speak for myself but when I'm playing the MaJo branch I only care about Maya and Josy. The same applies when I play the Isabella branch, I'm all into Bella and don't care about the rest. With the Jill branch I love a banana. So what? Okay, some paths/branches I like more because of the story behind but this changes from time to time when the story goes on with the next update. There was a time MaJo path was my favourite, then it was Bella, i had my time with Sage, so on. I really don't get why there's so many waifu war going on.

Some wise ancient greek dude said once: "It doesn't matter if they're white, black, brown, purple or smart, dumb, big, tall, tiny. If you can fuck them you should fuck them." I think it was Aristotle.
I personally have a main route(Bella), but I play all routes except MJ, for personal reasons I shared before.
I even play Bella+Jill route(besides the usual Bella and Jill routes), not because I expect a threesome(there won't be one, doesn't fit the characters), but I wanna witness the chaos/heartbreak/reactions if that makes sense.
I am also an enjoyer of the Jill route because it's it's own brand of naive SFW comedy, I enjoy the innocence of it. Aslo, I get the chance to twist the Jill run into 2 runs if I wanna bang Bianca.
Sage, Quinn and SQ runs are dope.
Sarrah/Mel and so on, it's all good fun.
Zoey is shaping up to enter top 3 or even top 2 territory for me.
Like you said, when I play a branch, I RP it, and my general opinion of the other girls doesn't matter since I play with the info the MC has, not me.

BUT, I get that not everyone is too into the game to wanna play all routes, and just picks what he has hots for.

I don't see it as waifu wars overall, just people liking certain characters more and not vibing with Banana Jill and so on.
Like I don't vibe well with the lil midget Josy and Maya.

Only character I'd say is shit is Becca tbh xD

Reactions: aykarin

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I liked that Josy pulled you aside and was all "we could have worked, huh?"; that means there's a chance she'll get her own path at some point. And as much as I like her, I think Rio is going to be the one that got away; she won't ever be a "real girl", but perpetually on the periphery with some back and forth with MC.

Reactions: Crepusculum

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Josy is the only LI who already start the game with a crush on MC. And she is the most easy-going so is not surprised she is not only the one with deeper feelings for MC but also the one who more (and better) show this feelings to him. All others have more issues in deal and conect with their emotions, despite they also have strong feelings for him too.
Josy is a very direct person in that regard, and you can see througt the game that she loved him. Everygirl sees him diffrently,(And thats impressive writing by DPC).

I really wish that DPC expand on Zoey, Riona and Quinn. Because I really want to MC to be with them too in saparte paths. Zoey in Neutral path, Quinn and Riona in a dik/massive dik path. When I think about MC& Zoey Relationship this song comes to mind, because they have the chimistry. . Zoey and Mc feel natural next to each other, even Though when I've asked who is the better friend I chose Derek with no second thought( Bros before Hoes lol).

The update was pretty much thin on Zoey and their meeting was kinda of dissapointing and not as impectful, As I've expected it would be. If It was up to me, I would have done it like this, Neil tells Zoey about the helloween party and she comes and suprises our MC, no that would have been impectful. Them meeting outside the party was such a bummer and a let down, DPC should have made this meeting more impectful as it deserves. The reaction of the Diks and LIs was also dissapointing, like ahh here is your ex. Zoey needs to be a test in his new relationship and apper more in the story, hope it all comes togther in the next update.

The other side stories look promising. Hope DPC suprises us with intreasting twists, side stories, flings, sex and romance and last minigames. Hope that this update is a warm up for a intreasting episode/season.

Reactions: dav3knight

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The update was pretty much thin on Zoey and their meeting was kinda of dissapointing and not as impectful,
I think it's a sensible thing, otherwise there's risk of backlash that Zoey is pushed down players' throats when they already have LI they want. Instead, she's just dangled in front of them, and it seems to have worked and elicited interest.

Reactions: KaiserST

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
This my be our old often banned “friend “ who will remain nameless. The confirmation would be the use of SJW acronym.
So he's well known? I didn't saw something like that here before. Okay, sure there are some incel posts from time to time but this massive. Shit, I really don't like trolls...

Quinn keeps getting included in these types of posts. I think it’s fairly safe to assume that she’s definitely a path, not just in an unofficial way. Munch on that broccoli.
You can assume that but at the moment she's just part of the AloneBranch and DPC uses her pic in some postings to represent that branch. Maybe in the future he'll split the AloneBranch with a Quinn path and/or paths for Zoey, Riona, Nicole and Lily. This episode looks like it. But yet it isn't a path for Quinn there.

The human mentality of "I don't approve of what you approve and i shall at the very least have you know this" is what message boards are founded upon.
You might be right about the mentality. About the message board founding part I'm unsure. I was on BBS in early 1990s (FidoNet) and was active in UseNet as I was a student. It was somehow different.

That's the internet for you. Lots of people can only show support to one thing by putting the other one down.
If it's in a funny way there's no problem. I have only trouble to see the point of it. What do one get out of it in the end, apart from the fact that one agree to have different views?

I don't see it as waifu wars overall, just people liking certain characters more and not vibing with Banana Jill and so on.
I used the term "waifu wars" because it's a good exaggeration to describe. Sure, it's not a war and your posting makes a lot of sense. It's only funny and confusing to see sometimes.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You might be right about the mentality. About the message board founding part I'm unsure. I was on BBS in early 1990s (FidoNet) and was active in UseNet as I was a student. It was somehow different.
Hmm it could be due to not looking in the right places? IDK. I've been on the Usenet around that time and recall quite a bit of waifu debates in the anime newsgroups. As i understand it, it's similar in the Harry Potter fandom and such, with all the ship battles.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I think it's a sensible thing, otherwise there's risk of backlash that Zoey is pushed down players' throats when they already have LI they want. Instead, she's just dangled in front of them, and it seems to have worked and elicited interest.
I still think that she should have suprised the MC and the other cast by appering out of nowhere in the party.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
I liked that Josy pulled you aside and was all "we could have worked, huh?"; that means there's a chance she'll get her own path at some point. And as much as I like her, I think Rio is going to be the one that got away; she won't ever be a "real girl", but perpetually on the periphery with some back and forth with MC.
You LIKED it? Some of those "breakup" scenes were so heartbreaking... Jill saying "i wanted to be with you"

Have you no heart my friend?
Pro tip: balance is everything! Have fun my dude
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know what i think it is? maybe there was a heavier focus on them in the earlier episodes.

Anyways, I'll give them my undivided attention for a PT and that will allow me to enjoy it more

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022
If it's in a funny way there's no problem. I have only trouble to see the point of it. What do one get out of it in the end, apart from the fact that one agree to have different views?
Oh it's definitely not in a funny way. At least most of the time. Idk, I guess people feel if they like something more popular then they are right. If the thing I like is more popular than the thing you like then I clearly have better taste, no? /s

Also on the internet the hottest take generates the most engagement. Saying "Josy best girl, Jill fucking sucks" will get more reactions either way, than saying "All girls are good in their own way".

Reactions: ffive

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! The Great Detective James H. Boner Strikes again! Just found out who the Unknown Firefighter is! It's the Douche bag Riona Stalker and former potential MC Maggot Brother!

View attachment 2257901 View attachment 2257902 View attachment 2257904 View attachment 2257906 View attachment 2257907 View attachment 2257908 View attachment 2257912 View attachment 2257913
Him or Ron the nerd, no other character would have the balls to flirt with so many girls. He flirts and is very territorial with Jill and Josy during DnG, he water balloons Derek, because he is talking with KRJ, he flirts with Bella and Jill and tries to kiss Zoey at the party.
ep4_derek_freeroam_hall3_ron2.jpg ep4_derek_freeroam_hall3_ron1.jpg ep4_derek_freeroam_hall3_ron3.jpg ep4_derek_freeroam_hall3_ron4.jpg

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
Not bad but yeah you def want to get 3 needs tasks done on each DIK for that S rank, and as of right now that Cup perk is top tier (less clutter on the board) the meta strategy might change with future releases so I would def have a save right before this minigame.

If I had to predict how this minigame will go in the future the best perks would be the entire top row, the happiness perks, and the score multiplier perks. The money and reduced cost perks are situational cause you get 2 free items at the start of each party and unless the grid increases in size and they add more characters on the board (giant party maybe?) or increase the cost of events, I don’t see those perks being super useful.
Yeah, I agree with the top row being the best ones to have. I think the 2nd one after the beer perk would for me be a toss-up between the snacks/food perk and the liquor perk to eliminate the need for cups there as well.

Reactions: Mmoney7187
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes