aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
Out of curiosity I made a speedrun on "other" path to win Quinn's bet. I didn't fuck around the whole episode for this narcissistic drug dealing pimp and surprise, surprise she's still the same bitch who treats the main character like shit.

I should probably stop trying to understand Quinn's popularity. I just have no desire to like assholes.
So could you give an example of Quinn treating the MC like shit? I mean in ep. 8 or 9, when you are on her route.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Pete and Monica have been married for a while, we learn in EP2. Consequently, Josy and Tommy have been stepbrothers and sisters for a long time.

But I assume that Tommy knows about Josy's crush on the MC, because the phone call between Pete and the MC makes it clear that Josy has been talking about the MC for a long time. That will also have been the reason why Tommy was an asshole to the MC from the beginning.

Probably Josy Tommy with the of the MC on the sack went. In addition, there is still some incident with the Nackellack.
Not sure what "gequatschen" or "Nackellack" means?

I don't think Tommy put two and two together with the MC in the begining. He would have been home for a few months, she only meets MC at the start of Summer. Connecting the guy your annoying little stepsiter has mentioned a couple of times over summer, with the guy who is pledging you fraternity is a bit of a stretch.

I just want Josy to have her own story really, the only thing we know about her outside Maya is her parents are divorced and her Step-Brother is Tommy, who is at best over protective of her. I think thier reationship is an interesting avenue to develop a story for her.

Status update Episode 10

Happy New Year!

It's 2023, and time for the first Status update for Episode 10.

I have been focusing on posing and rendering animations. You'll be happy to know that my PCs haven't been idle for a single day since beta testing started in early December.

It's been tricky to keep everything going during release weeks, Christmas and New Year, but I did it. And thus, I've got a nice head start on the animations for episode 10.

I have posed 85 animations, of which 37 are complete.

209 static renders are done, so there is some progress in this area.

I have been writing dialogue and working on the episode layout. My main dialogue files are roughly 5300 lines long. Compared to episode 9, this is roughly 20% of the episode.

I'm still planning the episode, adding events, and creating its structure. I'm aiming for a smaller episode than episode 9, and time will tell if I can do that.

Reaching the 5000 render milestone for a single episode was insane. Episode 9 alone could be compared to the entirety of Acting Lessons. It's been easy to add more and more scenes and renders when the game's cast is this big, and I want the spotlight to shine on as many characters as possible in every episode. But with the Halloween episode done, I can limit myself a bit with this next episode.

I can already tell from the events I've put in the episode layout that plenty of story and lewd scenes are to be had. I have decided on the girls getting lewd scenes in this episode, but I left some wiggle room if I feel something more is needed.

There will be plenty of new mini-games in this episode. I love creating them, and I developed several alongside episode 9 development last year. I have planned a couple of mini-games but have yet to create them. They aren't on the same scale as the party planner mini-game, but I think you will enjoy them even so. I'll likely tease you some of it during development without spoiling too much.

I'm looking forward to this development cycle! Right now, I'm battling a cold. I will rest for a few days and hope it will pass soon.

I'll post a Q&A post where you can submit your questions about development soon.

The walkthrough will be updated soon, too - it's about 95 pages long for Interlude and Episode 9 alone.

You can also look forward to fresh polls for episode 10 in January.

I hope this makes you as excited as I am. Have a nice weekend and a great start to the year!

Dr PinkCake
Decent progress. I'm glad he made sure things were progressing during the beta testing. Similar average for animations that he ended episode 9 with (around 7.4 if you include two weeks of beta testing in the average). If this is the new normal and there are no component upgrades, and he does between 250 and 300 animations, we can forcast a release between week 32 and week 38. Week 32 is July 28th at which point he'd have 256 animations, and week 28 is September 8th. There would then be two weeks of Beta testing.

That means a release in July is unlikly, a release in August is possible especially if things are smaller than 9 and release in September is somewhat likely. I think with component upgrades to 4090's he could hit June, but we'll have to wait and see. He seems happy enough with his progress.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
pls tell me.... how to plan a party so that everyone is happy........ there are too few cellso_O
Just gotta be careful, and make sure to double or triple up whenever possible. Not needing cups for beer helps a LOT. There are different layouts for some of the guys, and some are easier than others, but I’ve never had more than one guy below three wants filled.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I already played Interlude once it came out. Can I import its saves too?
Into what? the interlude is part of the season 3 standalone.... If you have the interlude you can use the update patch to make it ep 9.. (or BaDik 9.1) Saves from the interlude are in the same map....

Reactions: Ilhares

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Man after finishing the current, somewhat underwhelming release. Just go back and play all through ch 5-8 and you'll see just how much there is- 9 feels more like a holiday release than a full fledged season; unless more is planned as part of "season 3".
Yes, there are two more episodes (episodes 10 and 11) in season 3. While episode 9 was short on story and long on gags and fun, I expect episode 9 will be the reverse.
Three more episodes for season 3. If you are thinking of DPC’s steam comment, interlude is half an episode, so 1.5 is 1/3 of 4.5 total episodes. DPC has, I believe, confirmed this.

Reactions: Roundell
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes