Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
Is DPC going to hire people to speed up development times? Pretty please? ;)
That was the most asked question last year and every year… And I think the answer will always be no. :cry:

With the game's release in Steam and GOG, the load and stress increased. Will you hire more staff to help work on the game?

This is a popular question, and my answer has been the same from day one, and it won't change. This setup I have right now with being independent is just how I like it.

Many want me to hire more people because they want the game faster. But getting the game made faster doesn't mean it's the same product. The way I see it, if it were released faster, it wouldn't be the same game that I would create on my own. I know the game would suffer because I wouldn't enjoy making it that way. The reason why many enjoy my games is that I enjoy making them.

As for the load increase with Steam and GOG, the workload increase is now minuscule after setting everything up. After the Season 2 release, the workload has decreased back to normal, and I can focus on game development again.

Increased workload comes from increased popularity; more players means more time for customer support. Luckily, I have awesome mods/admins/testers and a whole community helping out with that.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
As far as I know, one of NTR's main devices it centers around is cheating. So if one officially rejects Zoey, Jacob needs not ask for permission even. It wouldn't be NTR at that point, no cheating. Basically, if MC picked a GF in EP8, and ALL the other LI's hook up with someone, it's not NTR. It's just MC closing doors on LI's, and LI's turned to NPC's are just viable for anyone at that point.

I have never been into that as a genre, but I once started reading about it since I saw NTR and wanted to know what it is.
And as far as I know, cheating is the key part of it. But if MC rejects girls or picks a GF, it simply can't be NTR at that point.

So the whole thing about DPC loosing fanbase over it seems unrelated to NTR, more so showcase of people not willing to see anyone else enjoying life and the LI's you rejected. Pure incel behavior: If I won't have her, no one ever will, hurr durr.

If I'm wrong about my understanding of NTR, freely correct me.
I usually define NTR as trying to invoke some jealosy on the reader/player, not necessarily on the MC, and not necessarily by your girlfriend/LI, it can be a childhood friend that doesn't reciprocate feelings or others like that. It's a very loose way of viewing it, but some people would feel like that with Zoey (specially those who like her and are playing other playthroughs) even though that might not be the intention of the game at all.

I don't exactly agree with this, as long as it doesn't try to actively be NTRish, but some people will.

Depending on how explicitly he shows it - there are also the people that say "I don't mind a LI I rejected hooking up with another male, I just don't want to see it. Not involving the MC, it's wasted screentime." And in a way, I agree. People are already moaning about slow story progression. Imo, the ship of adding scenes like these for the sake of "increased realism" has sailed a while ago.
It could be like Dragon Age Inquisition, where characters you don't actively date hook up with each other. That could make sense, but I doubt he wants to get into that territory.

It's an interesting use of Gina (better known as Carolyn) in this example given that we can end up in bed with her at the end of the episode. Also in that bed is Tara (who we have also seen with another guy) and there was a moment after helping her with her costume which suggested she could be an option on the others branch.

The way I see it with Zoey and Jacob is the same as Rena and Liam in Acting Lessons. It might be more on the nose if it was Derek rather than Jacob that you're setting up with a potential LI but the situation is the same, if you decide to go with Zoey instead or don't push Zoey towards a relationship with Jacob then it won't happen but if you give your blessing and encourage it then they'll get together.
Tara isn't shown with other men, right? Her boyfriend is just mentioned. It's not like Gina or Beth. I want to be wrong about Gina, because I've been looking forward to see more of her for a while, but...

It's true that Rena seems a good counterexample, but I haven't played enough AL to know what happens with her.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
That was the most asked question last year and every year… And I think the answer will always be no. :cry:
Well, I would probably support this game with a few bucks in patreon every time if there were reasonable development times, but I'm sorry but I don't want to feel milked and I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior in devs. If people continue paying month after month, why should DPC change things?

But maybe if people continue asking about getting help, star complaining about longer and longer development times, and start leaving patreon, DPC would have to change his idea.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
At least you can buy new ones with plastic surgery if you want to.
DPC wants to be a 1 man army and do things at his own pace, he'll never agree to help.
Yeah but I'm not sandy or Bella and can't pull it off like that teacher in Canada with ZZ size boobs :ROFLMAO:

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Bella: We have to keep our relationship a secret, it could destroy us.
MC: I understand.
Meanwhile, MC's room:
View attachment 2300898
Nah, he's safe, That's all commissions from Jacob, so MC can fap xD

Yeah but I'm not sandy or Bella and can't pull it off like that teacher Canada with ZZ size boobs :ROFLMAO:
You can still upgrade up a bit if you wanted to, BUT, as long as your back can take it. Gotta keep your health as the priority.
Overall the point is the same, you can upgrade if you want, DPC doesn't want to xD

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Darkwen

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
What is that thing "triple title master" beside the dick helmet?
Play Triple Tile and make it to 100th turn on normal difficulty. For this you will receive a reward on the table, there is also an achievement in Steam.
Nah, he's safe, That's all commissions from Jacob, so MC can fap xD
The DIK's: Hey Tremolo, why do you have pictures of Isabella, our librarian, in your room? :unsure:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Playing this game a second time I realize that none of the main girls are really in love with the MC, except for Jill.
It's pretty sad, actually... It makes me believe that it's better to stay single (Other's path) from episode 8 onwards.

• Maya & Josy don't show any sadness if the MC mentions that he prefers just friendship, in fact they kiss passionately as soon as the MC turns his back.

• Sage is completely obsessed with Chad. At no point did I witness genuine feeling on her part. The impression I had is: If Chad wants her back, she'll run to him without thinking twice.

• Bella apparently just misses a male touch. If her husband is alive or willing to return, there's no way she'd rather stay with the MC than her husband.

Poor MC...
The stripclub girls have more feelings for the MC than the main girls. LMFAO!

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Play Triple Tile and make it to 100th turn on normal difficulty. For this you will receive a reward on the table, there is also an achievement in Steam.

The DIK's: Hey Tremolo, why do you have pictures of Isabella, our librarian, in your room? :unsure:
MC: Because ur mom's photos are still at the studio being developed :KEK:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I reached 30 something... And later I wanted to shoot myself in the head...
Now imagine Elena, she reached level 8008.
Elena2.JPG
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MC: Because ur mom's photos are still at the studio being developed :KEK:
The DIK's: JACOB! Do you paint half-naked portraits of our mom's for him? JAAAACOOOOOB!
Jacob: Nothing personal guys, it's all for the art. I also draw my mom for him.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Playing this game a second time I realize that none of the main girls are really in love with the MC, except for Jill.
It's pretty sad, actually... It makes me believe that it's better to stay single (Other's path) from episode 8 onwards.

• Maya & Josy don't show any sadness if the MC mentions that he prefers just friendship, in fact they kiss passionately as soon as the MC turns his back.

• Sage is completely obsessed with Chad. At no point did I witness genuine feeling on her part. The impression I had is: If Chad wants her back, she'll run to him without thinking twice.

• Bella apparently just misses a male touch. If her husband is alive or willing to return, there's no way she'd rather stay with the MC than her husband.

Poor MC...
The stripclub girls have more feelings for the MC than the main girls. LMFAO!
Josy scenes after the decision to stay friends suggest she is in love with Fuckface, her emotional speech about not being given a choice and having to go along with what Fuckface decided (or what Maya decided if DIK Fuckface gets rejected) and then asking in ep 9 if Fuckface wonders what could have been. I agree about the others though. Sage chases Fuckface constantly, however so many conversations with her (even after hooking up) are about Chad. Not sure about Bella as I'm pretty sure she'd have had other opportunities for a male touch since James left/died (certainly Burke has made a play for her) but Fuckface is the first she's allowed in.

Now imagine Elena, she reached level 8008.
View attachment 2300940
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The DIK's: JACOB! Do you paint half-naked portraits of our mom's for him? JAAAACOOOOOB!
Jacob: Nothing personal guys, it's all for the art. I also draw my mom for him.
We now need a masochistic hero to reach level 8009 to see if that dialogue changes.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022

Sage1.jpg
sage2.jpg
I don't think she thinks so much in Chad nowadays... ;)

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes