Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Tbh:
I don't hate Maya but damn do I understand why some people are annoyed about her story drama. I only see this story ending when Josy can not take Maya shit anymore. I can see Josy being the one to leave to the relationship; around ep. 1-3 Maya even admitted that were close to breaking up. Also, didn't help when Josy choose to stay with the HOTs, Josy can't sacrifice everything for her. The fact she have these feeling for MC no matter tells me, it's a matter of time before she ends it.

Even in the threesome relationship, yes you can choose one over the other a.k.a semi solo path. Playing those routes make it clear to me that there will be a break up depending on MC it can three ways:

1.Maya & Josy stay together with him if we choose to spend time with them equaling and never pit them against each other.

2.They force the him to choose between them by us pitting them against each other.

3. The game chooses for you based on who you agreed with and spend the most time with.

Either way, I'm not ready for the backlash that will come from in the future; I can see some people here & on reddit acting like whining bitches about it.
I'm not one to get annoyed by the "lady in distress" line, I don't like the other way. We can't influence Maya's storyline in any way. The meeting with Burke does not depend on us at all, no matter what we do, those $ 5000 are generally miserable pennies - this is enough for half a year in college and in general it would be stupid to give away the only OWN money. We also cannot influence the help of Jill's lawyer, the only thing Tremolo can do is provide Maya with moral support.
This storyline is the course of the river that the player swims along. Or the background.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That might not be so good in terms of having good RP.

They had a combined RP check in Ep 8 of 60 that unlocked a variation in a scene and at that time, 60RP was around 70% of their total combined RP. So if 70% were to be a threshold of combined RP in order for the relationship to work, you're probably sitting at just under 60% of combined RP at the end of Ep 9.
Yes, but since the entire variation was whether they'd cover up their tits when talking with MC am not exactly heartbroken over it.

And if at some point it decides about something actually serious i don't like then i'll hit shift+O and correct that in the game console. Or just shrug and go to Riona and/or Sage if it ends up with a breakup :whistle:

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
I'm most curious about why Quinn holds hand with KRJ in a scene of Ep9 and then KRJ ends up sick in the bathroom, if they have some kind of weird relationship or what, than about Maya's tuition.
KRJ is buying her medication from Quinn, something probably went wrong when Quinn gave them to her in Ep9.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
KRJ is buying her medication from Quinn, something probably went wrong when Quinn gave them to her in Ep9.
Quinn had nothing to do with it. Not guilty. It's just that Karen drinks a lot. And probably, she has low-quality cheap glasses. This may be the cause of dizziness. And Quinn tried to help, because she is a very good and kind person.
:cautious:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'd expect Quinn's medication to be as effective as her birth control pills, so no surprises there.
Think the nerds mostly buy stuff like Xanax and similar official meds from Quinn.... Chances they don't work well with alcohol are pretty high, especially if these girls use half a strip or more.... ;)

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Yeah, but which one would be Josy's arc without Maya? She knows MC at the minimart, they have a crush on each other, they start dating when she arrives to B&R the second week... end of the game. :ROFLMAO: That's why she's boring without Maya... and she's annoying with Maya.

She would need her own narrative arc and some kind of conflict, maybe related with Tommy, a beef with Quinn if she's her victim during Hell Week, or something like that... In that case, she could be a kind of an interesting side girl if that narrative arc were interesting enough. Not at the level of Riona, Lily, Nicole or Quinn (the main side girls so far), but maybe like Sally or KRJ, if DPC decides to develop those characters.

But IMO the game would be way better without M&J. BaDIK already have way too much subplots and characters for just a guy creating the game and those two are totally dispensable. I just skip their scenes, and pretend that they aren't in the game, and I don't find I'm missing something. Let's say, for example, the scene at the Burke's without Maya and Josy. Let's say that MC and Sage are at last dating, and Maya decides to introduce her boyfriend to her parents, but she doesn't tell him about Tybalt because she thought he wouldn't be there, and there is a conflict because of that. The scene works just the same. If M&J weren't there, with just small fixes, the story would be the same, an probably better because we wouldn't need to see that fucking cheesy corny lesbian romance and the fucking subplot of "Maya fighting against evil heteropatriarchy (by whining until someone helps her)"
I agree that Josy urgently needs her own personal conflict and her own story that is not related to Maya.
I see the meaning of your words. It's impossible to please everyone, someone doesn't like M/J, someone else doesn't like other things. The thing is, you can't please everyone. We're in a bubble in a way, just like DPC Discord - most people here don't like the same things (almost no one here likes Jill and Maya). And on other resources they have a lot of fans.
But it's too late to tear the story out of the script - it's impossible. It can only be ended, and I want the story of Maya's debt to end as soon as possible.

I'm most curious about why Quinn holds hand with KRJ in a scene of Ep9 and then KRJ ends up sick in the bathroom, if they have some kind of weird relationship or what, than about Maya's tuition.
Opinion. Quinn didn't do anything bad to Karen. Her level is pranks and trolling, but not poisoning. It's a party, a lot of alcohol, a lot of incompatible food. I think almost everyone in their life after a party spent a date with the toilet, throwing up the contents of their stomach. Especially for an introvert like Karen, getting too much alcohol is easy.

kenltf

Aug 30, 2019
I don't know if it's right to ask here, but does anyone have a clean save file from the beginning of ep 9 without any mod ? 'Cause i got loop at the isabella scene , then got crash all the time when i try to fix it

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
What do we get? Josy quite higher in my tier list.

Doesn't have to be. Day one of B&R, he still meets Sage and kicks everything off.
It will take time for Josy to start going there, so MC still has time to enter all the usual beefs and drama while meeting all the other girls and having a chance to progress with them. So by the time Josy arrives, he either continues with her OR brakes it off and dates others. In this scenario, MC is the one that gets to become a cheater. And that by itself is a better moral dilemma and plot than dealing with toxic lesbians/BI's FOR THE ENTIRE GAME :HideThePain: If it comes to light that you are a cheater, Jill route gets hard locked and so on, hell, it would've given our dear banana more character.
Maybe Tommy is trying to control Josy when she arrives to B&R, who can or can't see, and she decides to be a HOT to piss off him, and to scape from his control. Maybe Tommy convinces Quinn to sabotage Josy's hell week (in exchange of something) so Josy becomes Quinn's target instead Maya. Maybe MC tries to help her, and so MC becomes Quinn's target too and they start a hate/love relationship... and from there, the story is more or less the same. It could work.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
It can only be ended, and I want the story of Maya's debt to end as soon as possible.
That's exactly what I want. I would be happy if the next episode Jill calls MC and says "My lawyer has resolved everything and Maya already has a student loan". And we don't need to she her again the next episodes.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Maybe Tommy is trying to control Josy when she arrives to B&R, who can or can't see, and she decides to be a HOT to piss off him, and to scape from his control. Maybe Tommy convinces Quinn to sabotage Josy's hell week (in exchange of something) so Josy becomes Quinn's target instead Maya. Maybe MC tries to help her, and so MC becomes Quinn's target too and they start a hate/love relationship... and from there, the story is more or less the same. It could work.
That's exactly what I want. I would be happy if the next episode Jill calls MC and says "My lawyer has resolved everything and Maya already has a student loan". And we don't need to she her again the next episodes.
Yupp & Yupp

Reactions: Roundell

Blue Milk

Apr 27, 2021
I don't hate Maya but damn do I understand why some people are annoyed about her story drama. I only see this story ending when Josy can not take Maya shit anymore. I can see Josy being the one to leave to the relationship; around ep. 1-3 Maya even admitted that were close to breaking up. Also, didn't help when Josy choose to stay with the HOTs, Josy can't sacrifice everything for her. The fact she have these feeling for MC no matter tells me, it's a matter of time before she ends it.
In terms of the friend path, yes, I can see Josy being the one who breaks it because she can't let go of her infatuation with the MC and this is what will likely create tension.

Maya likes the MC too, perhaps to varying degrees depending on how much you do with her, but she is somewhat more trained in repressing herself because of her upbringing and so she doesn't let it show and instead chooses to focus on keeping her relationship with Josy going.

They both love each other but have a serious issue in terms of communication, not really letting the other know how they feel, and they're also terrified of being alone and of hurting the other, so it would take a lot for either to stray, but it likely is coming for both of them and it will depend on who you said you had feelings for in Ep 5.

Even in the threesome relationship, yes you can choose one over the other a.k.a semi solo path.
That probably, and hopefully, will backfire on players who do that because aside from breaking the throuple, it may also result in losing both girls when they realise that monopolising the MC as they have broke the other girl and so they can't be with the MC either.

Playing those routes make it clear to me that there will be a break up depending on MC it can three ways:

1.Maya & Josy stay together with him if we choose to spend time with them equaling and never pit them against each other.

2.They force the him to choose between them by us pitting them against each other.

3. The game chooses for you based on who you agreed with and spend the most time with.

Either way, I'm not ready for the backlash that will come from in the future; I can see some people here & on reddit acting like whining bitches about it.
1) This is probably the best both for all involved and the one that will be the most satisfying in the end, but may require some micromanagement of choices and RP.

2) I don't see that one happening because it doesn't seem to be in either of their natures.

3) Possibly, but like I said before, choosing one more than the other all the time could backfrire completely resulting in no girls.

Personally, I think there are 4 paths for M&J:

1) Throuple ending
2) Throuple breakup in Ep 9 potentially leading you back to one or both at some point
3) Throuple but you favour one girl too much resulting in breakup with both girls
4) Friend path where solo routes will be available.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Personally, I think there are 4 paths for M&J:

1) Throuple ending
2) Throuple breakup in Ep 9 potentially leading you back to one or both at some point
3) Throuple but you favour one girl too much resulting in breakup with both girls
4) Friend path where solo routes will be available.
I'd also add:

5) the MC gets kicked out, Sage gets brought in for all-girl throuple to rule the HOTs supreme.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Tbh:
Maya being Derek's sister doesn't help her at all. Derek is always trying to help the MC with whatever it is, Maya on the other hand is always dragging the MC into whatever drama there is.

I think players unconsciously compare her to Derek and then realize they love Derek and hate Maya. In my opinion, Maya always acting full of secrets in the episodes 1-4 and with a certain distrust of MC killed her character.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Maya being Derek's sister doesn't help her at all. Derek is always trying to help the MC with whatever it is, Maya on the other hand is always dragging the MC into whatever drama there is.

I think players unconsciously compare her to Derek and then realize they love Derek and hate Maya. In my opinion, Maya always acting full of secrets in the episodes 1-4 and with a certain distrust of MC killed her character.
It doesn't help that she keeps having MC promise to be honest with her, but she screwed up than once. I mean she got him tasered, and pretty much never told him she was in a relationship.
It's funny how Josy was at least honest with him, and she was the first to admit it was her fault but also MCs for constantly trying for something more. She wanted to talk about with Maya.

That's why I never got fully mad at for giving the silent treatment, being silent and distance hurts more than words sometimes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
It doesn't help that she keeps having MC promise to be honest with her, but she screwed up than once. I mean she got him tasered, and pretty much never told him she was in a relationship.
It's funny how Josy was at least honest with him, and she was the first to admit it was her fault but also MCs for constantly trying for something more. She wanted to talk about with Maya.

That's why I never got fully mad at for giving the silent treatment, being silent and distance hurts more than words sometimes.
Yeah!!! I agree with you, dude!

I've never understood why an MC who hasn't pursued Maya & Josy romantically cares whether Patrick finds out they're together or not.

Technically, that's their problem, isn't it? I didn't feel like the MC made a beautiful and wonderful friendship with Maya in 4 episodes to pick a fight that wasn't his.

In fact, in 4 episodes all Maya did was keep secrets, lie that she had a boyfriend (and deny it), let the MC sleep in her room against her will (because of Derek).

Reactions: Roundell

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Yeah!!! I agree with you, dude!

I've never understood why an MC who hasn't pursued Maya & Josy romantically cares whether Patrick finds out they're together or not.

Technically, that's their problem, isn't it? I didn't feel like the MC made a beautiful and wonderful friendship with Maya in 4 episodes to pick a fight that wasn't his.

In fact, in 4 episodes all Maya did was keep secrets, lie that she had a boyfriend (and deny it), accept that the MC slept in her room against her will (because of Derek).
I understand if you're not on her route.
He still at least saw her as a friend she was somewhat the only good thing in college next to Derek.

Like I explained a few days ago.

He stressed out about them dating because another annoying situation he's dragged into. This guy have to deal:
Being Bullied on his first day
Shitty roommate
guitar stolen
Had to steal panties hoping to have a place to sleep until he didn't
Being bed naked outside with Bella hitting the shit outta him and giving him a lecture
then with Maya he got tasered, was forced to do stupid/illegal shit to have a place to stay with Mentor who is unhelpful but also the same asshole who wouldn't you in the house.

Then to find out the girl you liked for a while and a girl you're friends with are dating is one another putting you in another problem in your life is too much.

• Haha
Reactions: saynotoNTR
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes