shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, I don't know what to make out of this. Some inline spoilers ahead for those of you who have not played the game thoroughly.

I was on Reddit yesterday, and there was this user who claimed that DPC officially calls the Other's branch the Alone branch. And he pointed out at the script files for episode 9 to check what he meant.

And it turns out that in these scripts for episode 9, DPC uses this expression in the code when he refers to the Others' branch: branchAlone. Yeah, like that.

So in the game code we have:

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Which raises the question, why does DPC name the Others' branch like that in the code? Wouldn't it has only been natural to name it just 'branchOthers'? Is he secretly pointing at what he has in store for whoever decides to pick that branch? I.e. Is actually the fate for any player who takes that branch to end up alone?

Now, if we analyze the bunch of girls that fall into the Others category, that such disappointing destiny is what is reserved for the MC even starts to make sense. Let's see... We have:

Four women, noticeably older than the MC, and each one with sure loads over their shoulders: Cathy, Jade, Nora and Madame Rose.

Two more strippers: Nicole and Lily. One of them is noticeably older than the MC and is a mom. The other addresses the MC at the end of episode 9 with a cold and direct warning: “Do not fall in love with me”.

Four girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Camila, Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

One girl that reunites the whole sinner package (Quinn): to the prostitution and the drug dealing businesses, she adds that she is managing the prostitution ring and an overall attitude and behavior towards most people that is not doing any favors for her.

The only side girl for whom I can't find any obvious reason to think why she can't end up with the MC is Zoey. But then again, she falls into the Others (Alone) branch and makes only one good sample among many problematic ones.

What do you think of all this?

EDIT: Added Camila to the bunch. How could I forget the latina bombshell?
It's "alone" because the mc wasn't prepared to commit yet.

Of course we chose not to commit because we wanted to fuck more girls, but "alone" means not in a relationship, but then again:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 31, 2023
What if the MC on the "OTHER GIRL" branch becomes that?
That never even occurred to me dalli, this is why you are indispensable to this thread, not saying you're right, but it's (almost) always fun to read what you have to say.

Remember the example of Rusty and Micha in EP9! The girl, what the MC really wants then, he will not get. He will have his fun like Neil, but not a woman for life.
In my opinion the Rusty rooftop thing was more of a warning from DPC than him explicitly telegraphing what definitely is going to happen.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
That's only if you don't go with Quinn, Lily, or Nicole though, or if you rejected Riona and didn't spoon with either Lily or Nicole.

Besides, Riona is literally a hooker who's probably gotten banged by all the DIKs, Joks, and professor Burke.
And my fuckface also banged most of the hots, strippers, few dormies and Jade. I don't see your point?

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
So, I don't know what to make out of this. Some inline spoilers ahead for those of you who have not played the game thoroughly.

I was on Reddit yesterday, and there was this user who claimed that DPC officially calls the Other's branch the Alone branch. And he pointed out at the script files for episode 9 to check what he meant.

And it turns out that in these scripts for episode 9, DPC uses this expression in the code when he refers to the Others' branch: branchAlone. Yeah, like that.

So in the game code we have:

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Which raises the question, why does DPC name the Others' branch like that in the code? Wouldn't it has only been natural to name it just 'branchOthers'? Is he secretly pointing at what he has in store for whoever decides to pick that branch? I.e. Is actually the fate for any player who takes that branch to end up alone?

Now, if we analyze the bunch of girls that fall into the Others category, that such disappointing destiny is what is reserved for the MC even starts to make sense. Let's see... We have:

Four women, noticeably older than the MC, and each one with sure loads over their shoulders: Cathy, Jade, Nora and Madame Rose.

Two more strippers: Nicole and Lily. One of them is noticeably older than the MC and is a mom. The other addresses the MC at the end of episode 9 with a cold and direct warning: “Do not fall in love with me”.

Four girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Camila, Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

One girl that reunites the whole sinner package (Quinn): to the prostitution and the drug dealing businesses, she adds that she is managing the prostitution ring and an overall attitude and behavior towards most people that is not doing any favors for her.

The only side girl for whom I can't find any obvious reason to think why she can't end up with the MC is Zoey. But then again, she falls into the Others (Alone) branch and makes only one good sample among many problematic ones.

What do you think of all this?

EDIT: Added Camila to the bunch. How could I forget the latina bombshell?
My guess is alone is a route description that can be kept until the end more accurately than others would be. Calling the branch others after rejecting the options/failing to meet requirements for the branching within the others route wouldn't make sense. I'm expecting the code to expand over the future episodes to include branches for at least Quinn, Lily, Nicole, Rio, Zoey and possibly couple rather than throuple branches for Josy and Maya. If the player fails to get on any of those branches from others then alone would be a more accurate description of the route at that point than others would be.

Jan 31, 2023
And my fuckface also banged most of the hots, strippers, few dormies and Jade. I don't see your point?
Rio has probably banged most of Fuckface's frat brothers, she's probably fucked most of his rivals in from the Alphas, if you're really into public humiliation then sure, fall in love with Rio, but I personally would not set myself up for being a laughingstock.

Feb 10, 2022
Then again we are talking about the dude who made Acting Lessons here, so it's not impossible that he's going to fuck you over for not picking one of the main girls. (I always pick Melissa in AL BTW)
You can have an ending with the ex-wife and the third LI ( the tattooed chick with blue hair, Deja vu Zoey :rolleyes: ) wasn't a LI for the first half of the game. Picking one of the two OG LIs was technically the worst thing to do, since one of them was doomed to burn.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Rio has probably banged most of Fuckface's frat brothers, she's probably fucked most of his rivals in from the Alphas, if you're really into public humiliation then sure, fall in love with Rio, but I personally would not set myself up for being a laughingstock.
This is a post written by a Quinn simp, is this some kind of meta-ironic shitposting? I honestly can't tell... :WaitWhat:

1564565_why-are-you-gae.gif

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020

Hey hey it doesn't matter who Riona has slept with in the past or what cock she has sucked, the important thing is that she chooses whoever is the last

#FreeRiona #AFutureForRiona
:ROFLMAO:

Jan 31, 2023
You can have an ending with the ex-wife and the third LI ( the tattooed chick with blue hair, Deja vu Zoey :rolleyes: ) wasn't a LI for the first half of the game. Picking one of the two OG LIs was technically the worst thing to do, since one of them was doomed to burn.
Yeah, first time I played I accidentally ended up with the ex, had to go back and not cheat, and I don't even see why anyone would find smurfette interesting, that bitch was a bf stealing toxic bitch.

This is a post written by a Quinn simp, is this some kind of meta-ironic shitposting? I honestly can't tell... :WaitWhat:

View attachment 2438077
Seems like I hit a nerve here, reminder for you; there's no evidence Quinn ever played tricks herself, Burke banged 3 studens, in Quinn's restaurant that would account for Rio, Sarah, and Melanie. Can't get over the fact that Riona is objectively a dogshit LI yet?

• Haha
Reactions: John Ness

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
It's "alone" because the mc wasn't prepared to commit yet.

Of course we chose not to commit because we wanted to fuck more girls, but "alone" means not in a relationship, but then again:

Well, the last picture is alone enough to play the others path, I mean, with the exception of Isabella, these are one of the hottest girls in the game till now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Seems like I hit a nerve here, reminder for you; there's no evidence Quinn ever played tricks herself, Burke banged 3 studens, in Quinn's restaurant that would account for Rio, Sarah, and Melanie. Can't get over the fact that Riona is objectively a dogshit LI yet?
if you wait for evidence from DPC that in a special render he feels the need to specify that the two penises are that of MC and his clone, we risk having to conclude that BR is a hangout for virgins or nearly so:oops:

Reactions: NebulousShooter

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
She banged Vinny, that seems to be the only one.
and the evidence would be Vinnie's joke. to think that Quinn has been in withdrawal since Vinnie was kicked out is about as believable as Sage waiting months and months for Chad.

there's no evidence of anything, just some credible conclusions.

also the issue of Burke's 3 students start from his confession that he cheated on Jade 3 times (and that's not necessarily true, it could even be more), that they are students is just an inference by Jade that Burke doesn't answer, considering that Cathy is also a suspect any assumption is worth it.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Bit puzzled by 'game saves' location.

I'm running the game in a folder - there is no installation, it just runs within the folder.

I have downloaded some game saves that I would like to try, I didn't want to upset my main game, so I decided to create a duplicate game folder. I found the saves in 'game/saves' and deleted them all. I copied in the 'save files' that I had downloaded but when I run the game it still shows the saves from my original copy - even though I have deleted them from 'game/saves'.

So clearly it much be picking up the game saves from somewhere else - any ideas?
You don't need two game folders at all. Like I said before they are in the "saves" folder AND the appdata folder on windows.
Copy your old saves folder somewhere you wont lose it then delete everything in that. Technically you shouldn't need to because they should all be on the last pages of the save screen. Unless yours are there already of course.

After that in the run command type %appdata% and it will bring you to the appdata roaming. In that is a folder "RenPy" with the folder "BeingaDIK-1535311494" where the saves are also stored. Make a copy of "BeingaDIK-1535311494" then delete everything in it.

Jan 31, 2023
and the evidence would be Vinnie's joke. to think that Quinn has been in withdrawal since Vinnie was kicked out is about as believable as Sage waiting months and months for Chad.

there's no evidence of anything, just some credible conclusions.

also the issue of Burke's 3 students start from his confession that he cheated on Jade 3 times (and that's not necessarily true, it could even be more), that they are students is just an inference by Jade that Burke doesn't answer, considering that Cathy is also a suspect any assumption is worth it.
No, it's not just any assumption, there's the fact that Burke is handing out free tuition for the girls in Quinn's prostitution ring, something he was going to do for Maya until she mentions that she was actually considering joining the HOTs, at which point Burke immediately changes his mind, and tells her to quite college instead, he's providing them with free tuition in exchange for sex, it's completely obvious. And after his discussion with Maya he needs to talk to "Priscilla" (Quinn):

He can't give Maya the free tuition since it would interfere with his deal with Quinn and the hookers.

And there is at no point ever hinted in the game that Quinn has had sexual relations with any guys except Vinny and MC, the only objection you have to this is that it doesn't fit your image of Quinn.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes