Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I actually like the free roam events. Just jumping from one scene to the next is boring.
The only problem with free roam events I can see is that from the last few episodes there seems to exist this trend of making them more and more prominent each time. There has to be some balance. And if you ask me, the story and the characters should always be the top priority. I really hope that this experiment we've seen in episode 9, where the free roam part was so clearly dominant, will not be a frequent thing from now on.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Because this bunch of fucking hypocrites. It's ok for them that there are other girls in the scene with your girlfriend (they're ok with the Josy/Maya triple relationship), it's ok for them to watch two girls having sex, but if another man appears in the scene, if it's just mentioned that your waifu has the ex, then they begin to fall into hysterics. It seems that this is a group of militant incels, all the girls should belong to them and keep chastity for them.
Ehh, it's simple enough. Another guy in the scene triggers a fear he'll please the LI with his penis better than MC (stemming from the player's inferiority complex) Another girl in the scene doesn't [cause the same fear], because there's no other penis so a direct comparison isn't possible. /s

If that extra girl in the scene resulted in the LI dumping MC's ass for her? You'd hear no end of it just like with the extra guys.

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The only problem with free roam events I can see is that from the last few episodes there seems to exist this trend of making them more and more prominent each time. There has to be some balance. And if you ask me, the story and the characters should always be the top priority. I really hope that this experiment we've seen in episode 9, where the free roam part was so clearly dominant, will not be a frequent thing from now on.
It was clear, that the party would be the main event of ep. 9 and parties have generally been free roam events in the game. Other episodes will be more linear again, I would presume. The big problem will be all the permutations and the dead end DPC has worked himself into by creating all of them pretty much at what seems to be intended to be the middle of the overall story in the end. So there is still a lot more ground to cover but now he has either make a lot of variations to scenes or paths will start skipping a lot of content entirely.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I really hope that this experiment we've seen in episode 9, where the free roam part was so clearly dominant, will not be a frequent thing from now on.
I suspect EP.9 freeroam was a device intended to make the player feel more like they're the "party supervisor" MC is supposed to be, doing the rounds to ensure things are going smoothly as the night goes on. So they're given more control where and when to go, vs just being put on a railroaded story ride.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
It was clear, that the party would be the main event of ep. 9 and parties have generally been free roam events in the game. Other episodes will be more linear again, I would presume. The big problem will be all the permutations and the dead end DPC has worked himself into by creating all of them pretty much at what seems to be intended to be the middle of the overall story in the end. So there is still a lot more ground to cover but now he has either make a lot of variations to scenes or paths will start skipping a lot of content entirely.
The doc already confirmed that with the new branch system, with completely separate paths, it will be pretty much inevitable that we'll feel the new episodes as shorter, even though they will most probably continue getting more and more content. So, unless you are OK with feeling like you are done with the new episode fast, now it is more advisable than ever to play all the different branches and have separate saves for them.

I suspect EP.9 freeroam was a device intended to make the player feel more like they're the "party supervisor" MC is supposed to be, doing the rounds to ensure things are going smoothly as the night goes on. So they're given more control where and when to go, vs just being put on a railroaded story ride.
Yeah, that makes sense. Good observation.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I would have no problem with Josy having an ex now. It depends on who it is. If it was to be a DIK and she can fuck off because then by being secretive she forced the MC to live with her ex. That would be a still go for me.

I feel the same way about Maya. Except Maya said in EP3 so she's been on dates with other guys but never had sex with a guy. Still, it depends on who her dates were. Given the fact so Maya very often says to the MC that she trusts im, implies to me so the MC will meet a former date of Maya.

A successful relationship involves not only love but also trust.
I don't think the appearance of any of Maya or Josy ex-boyfriends matters to the story, so I don't want to waste my time.

As for the ex-boyfriend - DIK, we'll see how it will work on Jill's route and this situation with Rusty. In my opinion, nothing terrible happened here, they were not very close and it all ended in a bad date. But DPC knows how to create drama out of nothing and this route is already cursed, so we'll see.
Ehh, it's simple enough. Another guy in the scene triggers a fear he'll please the LI with his penis better than MC (stemming from the player's inferiority complex) Another girl in the scene doesn't [cause the same fear], because there's no other penis so a direct comparison isn't possible. /s

If that extra girl in the scene resulted in the LI dumping MC's ass for her? You'd hear no end of it just like with the extra guys.
People with an inferiority complex online are the worst of evils, yes.

Reactions: dalli_x

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
So, I don't know what to make out of this. Some inline spoilers ahead for those of you who have not played the game thoroughly.

I was on Reddit yesterday, and there was this user who claimed that DPC officially calls the Other's branch the Alone branch. And he pointed out at the script files for episode 9 to check what he meant.

And it turns out that in these scripts for episode 9, DPC uses this expression in the code when he refers to the Others' branch: branchAlone. Yeah, like that.

So in the game code we have:

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Which raises the question, why does DPC name the Others' branch like that in the code? Wouldn't it has only been natural to name it just 'branchOthers'? Is he secretly pointing at what he has in store for whoever decides to pick that branch? I.e. Is actually the fate for any player who takes that branch to end up alone?

Now, if we analyze the bunch of girls that fall into the Others category, that such disappointing destiny is what is reserved for the MC even starts to make sense. Let's see... We have:

Four women, noticeably older than the MC, and each one with sure loads over their shoulders: Cathy, Jade, Nora and Madame Rose.

Two more strippers: Nicole and Lily. One of them is noticeably older than the MC and is a mom. The other addresses the MC at the end of episode 9 with a cold and direct warning: “Do not fall in love with me”.

Four girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Camila, Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

One girl that reunites the whole sinner package (Quinn): to the prostitution and the drug dealing businesses, she adds that she is managing the prostitution ring and an overall attitude and behavior towards most people that is not doing any favors for her.

The only side girl for whom I can't find any obvious reason to think why she can't end up with the MC is Zoey. But then again, she falls into the Others (Alone) branch and makes only one good sample among many problematic ones.

What do you think of all this?

EDIT: Added Camila to the bunch. How could I forget the latina bombshell?

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
So, I don't know what to make out of this. Some inline spoilers ahead for those of you who have not played the game thoroughly.

I was on Reddit yesterday, and there was this user who claimed that DPC officially calls the Other's branch the Alone branch. And he pointed out at the script files for episode 9 to check what he meant.

And it turns out that in these scripts for episode 9, DPC uses this expression in the code when he refers to the Others' branch: branchAlone. Yeah, like that.

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Which raises the question, why does DPC name the Others' branch like that in the code? Wouldn't it has only been natural to name it just 'branchOthers'? Is he secretly pointing at what he has in store for whoever decides to pick that branch? I.e. Is actually the fate for any player who takes that branch to end up alone?

Now, if we analyze the bunch of girls that fall into the Others category, that such disappointing destiny is what is reserved for the MC even starts to make sense. Let's see... We have:

Four women, noticeably older than the MC, and each one with sure loads over their shoulders: Cathy, Jade, Nora and Madame Rose.

Two more strippers: Nicole and Lily. One of them is noticeably older than the MC and is a mom. The other addresses the MC at the end of episode 9 with a cold and direct warning: “Do not fall in love with me”.

Three girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

One girl that reunites the whole sinner package (Quinn): to the prostitution and the drug dealing businesses, she adds that she is managing the prostitution ring and an overall attitude and behavior towards most people that is not doing any favors for her.

The only side girl for whom I can't find any obvious reason to think why she can't end up with the MC is Zoey. But then again, she falls into the Others (Alone) branch and makes only one good sample among many problematic ones.

I conclude that Zoey is a feckless cunt that's no good for MC. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
Bit puzzled by 'game saves' location.

I'm running the game in a folder - there is no installation, it just runs within the folder.

I have downloaded some game saves that I would like to try, I didn't want to upset my main game, so I decided to create a duplicate game folder. I found the saves in 'game/saves' and deleted them all. I copied in the 'save files' that I had downloaded but when I run the game it still shows the saves from my original copy - even though I have deleted them from 'game/saves'.

So clearly it much be picking up the game saves from somewhere else - any ideas?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So clearly it much be picking up the game saves from somewhere else - any ideas?
The saves are kept in OS appdata folder -- you can get there putting %appdata%\RenPy\BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494 in the file explorer (for season 3) or %appdata%\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494 for Seasons 1+2. Mind you, the appdata folder is located in the Users folder on the OS drive, which has the content hidden by default.

Reactions: NH1980 and Jumbi
Jan 31, 2023

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Three girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

It's interesting, but it doesn't actually preclude the possibility of the Alone Branch leading to further branches, and that is something we won't know until next episode.

I personally think that the Alone Branch is going to lead to future branching, Quinn for example is looking to get MC involved in her drug dealing, Nicole wants to go on a (proper) date with him, Lily has been harassing MC to "roll" with her for several episodes at this point, Riona hints that she doesn't actually find the slut lifestyle all that fulfilling, Sarah and Mel are definitely a dead end, and fuckface has some interesting words for himself if he ends up in the bed with Tara, Gina, and Tiffani;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, if you make out with Riona at the party and you end your night with the three thots, or with the bunny thots, you get MC and Riona making out as your end screen, if you completely rejected Riona's advances you get a view of the rain and the brick wall as seen from the window in MC's room.

Then again we are talking about the dude who made Acting Lessons here, so it's not impossible that he's going to fuck you over for not picking one of the main girls. (I always pick Melissa in AL BTW)

I remember reading in one of DPC's Q&A sessions (can't remember which year) where he wasn't cemented to specific endings for any character, and that he hated it when one of his favorite TV shows ended up forcing a really shitty ending because the writers had already decided on the ending when they first wrote the show, which then led to all the character development from between the first and last season being ignored, and that he would never do such a thing.

All in all, I don't think you should attach too much emphasis on the branch name during E9, consider the fact that he's introducing a cheating mechanic for all the main girls, which suggests that those branches won't be permanent either. I don't see why you would be able to get off an MG branch and onto the Alone branch without there being any possibility of the Alone branch also leading to further branches, take Josy as an example, it's pretty much made explicitly clear that you're going to get a Josy solo branch in the future, she looks overjoyed if you tell her that you're thinking of her all the time, because she's thinking of MC all the time.

I'm looking forward to E10, I think DPC will throw a curve ball at us, but I hope it's not a retarded curve ball.

Jan 31, 2023
As far as I know? I want the whole game from the beginning and always use the Mac Mega link. But when it downloads, it's a file folder and not the game, and I can't do anything with the file.
I use a PC not a mac, but when you download the PC link you need to unpack the game from a compressed zip folder, try downloading winrar or equivalent for mac and see if that doesn't help.

Reactions: cjwilliams1616

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

branchIsabella

branchSage

branchJill

branchMayaJosy

branchAlone

Four girls that are willingly prostituting themselves: Camila, Melanie, Sarah and Riona. The last of whom is also doing drugs and dealing with them.

EDIT: Added Camila to the bunch. How could I forget the latina bombshell?
What if the MC on the "OTHER GIRL" branch becomes that?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes