89898hh

Sep 4, 2017

View attachment 2527307

I started the week posing static renders and finished a longer Jill scene. After this, I revisited the planning phase for episode 10, trying to map out the remaining events on the episode timeline and plan some more.

I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one. I believe I have mapped out close to everything I want in the episode now, which feels great.
Then I spent part of the week writing dialogue and coding for the phone and generally had a very good flow.

I've done a lot so far, especially when you account for most of the mini-games being completed and added to the episode, but I have plenty of manual labor left.
I counted the segments on the timeline and found that I have created 29/51 (57%) parts and have 22/51 (43%) parts left to create.

Of those remaining 22 parts, 4 are free-roam events (two small ones, one medium-sized, and one long), and the rest are lewd and normal scenes. The parts range from short to long, and some include multiple different scenes and variations.
I've been bumping my render and animation quality in Season 3, but my render power has more or less stayed the same for quite some time now. I decided to invest a lot more into hardware and am currently in the process of upgrading my systems with 4090s and building brand-new rigs.

It's unreal to me that I can do this at this scale. My thoughts go back to the first year of development when I had a single PC with one 1080 Ti and had to wait months to afford more RAM. I'm immensely thankful for being able to do this upgrade, and it's all thanks to you guys.

At the moment, I have upgraded my systems with +50% extra render power. Shortly, I plan to increase that to roughly 90% total extra power compared to before the upgrade. This means these upgrades will almost double my render speed, pushing the bottleneck further toward manual labor - which is me sitting by the PC working.

The upgrade I did this week immediately affected my render queue. I have 0 static renders in the queue for the first time in months, and only 26 animations remain. I believe these animations will be done within 1-2 weeks.

The good thing now is knowing that the renders and animations I pose will render twice as fast. This puts more pressure on my manual work but alleviates the waiting time at the end of the development cycle.

As I already see results from the PC upgrade, I will return to posing animations next week.

I love the game development right now, and the hardest thing for me is to choose what I want to work with every day because there are a lot of fun scenes left to create. Let's fucking go!

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Only criticism I have is the free roam events. Just not a huge fan of them and they seem to take up alot of time in the dev process

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one.
Don't worry guys this update with the "clone series" counts as two updates per year...:LUL:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

View attachment 2527307

I started the week posing static renders and finished a longer Jill scene. After this, I revisited the planning phase for episode 10, trying to map out the remaining events on the episode timeline and plan some more.

I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one. I believe I have mapped out close to everything I want in the episode now, which feels great.
Then I spent part of the week writing dialogue and coding for the phone and generally had a very good flow.

I've done a lot so far, especially when you account for most of the mini-games being completed and added to the episode, but I have plenty of manual labor left.
I counted the segments on the timeline and found that I have created 29/51 (57%) parts and have 22/51 (43%) parts left to create.

Of those remaining 22 parts, 4 are free-roam events (two small ones, one medium-sized, and one long), and the rest are lewd and normal scenes. The parts range from short to long, and some include multiple different scenes and variations.
I've been bumping my render and animation quality in Season 3, but my render power has more or less stayed the same for quite some time now. I decided to invest a lot more into hardware and am currently in the process of upgrading my systems with 4090s and building brand-new rigs.

It's unreal to me that I can do this at this scale. My thoughts go back to the first year of development when I had a single PC with one 1080 Ti and had to wait months to afford more RAM. I'm immensely thankful for being able to do this upgrade, and it's all thanks to you guys.

At the moment, I have upgraded my systems with +50% extra render power. Shortly, I plan to increase that to roughly 90% total extra power compared to before the upgrade. This means these upgrades will almost double my render speed, pushing the bottleneck further toward manual labor - which is me sitting by the PC working.

The upgrade I did this week immediately affected my render queue. I have 0 static renders in the queue for the first time in months, and only 26 animations remain. I believe these animations will be done within 1-2 weeks.

The good thing now is knowing that the renders and animations I pose will render twice as fast. This puts more pressure on my manual work but alleviates the waiting time at the end of the development cycle.

As I already see results from the PC upgrade, I will return to posing animations next week.

I love the game development right now, and the hardest thing for me is to choose what I want to work with every day because there are a lot of fun scenes left to create. Let's fucking go!

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Me: "This is going to be a big" oh shit not again:eek: "double my render speed" about fucking time letttsssss gooo:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Reactions: Scopelophila

Scopelophila

May 14, 2019

View attachment 2527307

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
What a Legend !

Reactions: Darkwen

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
I don't think he wants faster updates with the new cards. Patreon model don't incentivize that, but it does push the cycle to more beefy updates. Still a win if you don't mind the waiting.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

View attachment 2527307

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
In a nutshell, there will only be one episode this year and the time he will gain will be used to make more mini games and more animations that do not contribute anything but will now be 2 minutes longer.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I Love the Free Roaming :)
I have mixed feelings about the free roams. I enjoy them when they are opportunities to explore and engage in optional content. The episode 9 free roam felt more like a throwback to an old sandbox AVN where you had to hunt around to find all the obligatory tasks that may as well be done linearly without the free roam.

Scopelophila

May 14, 2019
I have mixed feelings about the free roams. I enjoy them when they are opportunities to explore and engage in optional content. The episode 9 free roam felt more like a throwback to an old sandbox AVN where you had to hunt around to find all the obligatory tasks that may as well be done linearly without the free roam.
I feel you in some aspects but thanks to those free roam i feel much more inside the Game. I Love to know where every Room is etc. :)

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The problem with the freeroams is the fact that it still plays as a linear story. Given the amount of paths available it should be that things are happening simultaneously and if you go to a certain room then you see something but miss something in another room. So if you're on an MG route then you basically have a linear route spending time with them, but on the others route you can choose which girls you see and in which situations.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes