Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
If the computing power allows him to do everything he wants in 6-7 months for a new episode, then I'm okay with that. A longer gap is already problematic and annoying. In that case, fuck the long animations.
Honestly I don't get that criticism. If you look at some of the best VNs in this forum (according to the overall average rating), they all take like 4-5 months for their updates and BaD is probably the most complex with the most permutations by now. So taking about 6 months for an update is not as outragiously long as a lot of people make it out to be.

And if people are annoyed, that he takes patreon money monthly while the updates take so long...well no one is forcing those people to stay subscribed, right? 4-6 months simply seems to be the time it takes to make a quality VN as a small or even single developer, deal with it.

RoseED

Apr 24, 2020
Unfortunately I speak from experience back in episode 6 everyone was so sure its an early release cuz he did an upgrade to his CPU when i said it will come out in November December many said I'm crazy and its a September release.
it came out in the end of November.
trust me I'm praying that I'm wrong but history with him (and I have been patron from ep 2) taught me otherwise.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Honestly I don't get that criticism. If you look at some of the best VNs in this forum (according to the overall average rating), they all take like 4-5 months for their updates and BaD is probably the most complex with the most permutations by now. So taking about 6 months for an update is not as outragiously long as a lot of people make it out to be.

And if people are annoyed, that he takes patreon money monthly while the updates take so long...well no one is forcing those people to stay subscribed, right? 4-6 months simply seems to be the time it takes to make a quality VN as a small or even single developer, deal with it.
I suspect that the more the game progresses in development, the more these updates will be taking more time to release. Based on my earlier post from a few weeks back on "Worst party ever" where I made a point about how the mini games don't really amount to anything, yet there's a 'points' system embedded in them that has yet to achieve anything of substance. And I believe as the story nears it's finish line, the coding will most likely begin to tie in all those mini game points together. Which will take more time than a regular update where it's just renders and basic code.

Because even if those mini games don't really amount to anything yet, I suspect DPC has a plan for them for end-game. And let's face it, coding for story progression and basic choices is already a plate-full of planning. Coding for a bunch of minigames takes much more time to complete and bug-test. And personally, I haven't found another VN that has as many minigames in them not to mention their complexity as we have in BadDIK. Some people just don't realize the amount of work those require.

Patience is a virtue. Specially when on a site that delivers those games freely.

Reactions: sava75

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
That's psychology but I do wonder if DPC being now the only bottleneck would make him stress and overwork since he will always look to beat the rendering speed to always keep the queue active and busy.
I'm surprised he hasn't burned out yet. According to him, he works 12-18 hours a day, seven days a week. He hasn't had a normal vacation in 4 years. :HideThePain:
Compared to this, developer complaints about crunch at AAA companies are just childish whims.
And in Swedish working culture, crunches are generally not the norm.

6-7 months is a standart for VN these days, the days of getting updates every month are gone and the games back then were much more primitive.
But 9.5 months is really too much.:HideThePain:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I'm still planning the episode, adding events, and creating its structure. I'm aiming for a smaller episode than episode 9, and time will tell if I can do that
I checked what I'd done and what was left to do, and visually seeing this progress made me realize that episode 10 would be another big one
And time spoke his word: "No, he can't"
onestly I don't get that criticism. If you look at some of the best VNs in this forum (according to the overall average rating), they all take like 4-5 months for their updates and BaD is probably the most complex with the most permutations by now. So taking about 6 months for an update is not as outragiously long as a lot of people make it out to be.
We are not in a 6 months cycle for a release. We are in a 8-9 months cycle for a release and increasing. Pretty sure will reach a full year cycle until the end of the season.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes