Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)
The "Money For Nothing and Chicks For Free" update
You spoke, I listened (mostly)

Links in mod's OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.
The best little mod from Texas just got even better.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Added a new event cheat for "Ep4ToldDerekAboutJade". See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added more hidden magazine notifications. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added automated code allowing Episode Summaries to reflect any alt-character name changes. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Even more improved VarCheats within SanchoCheats that are Branch specific. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - After listening to all the bitching and moaning I've coded a proper Money cheat that uses the dev's code so you can't bork it out. See mod FAQ for details.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
Go get you some. Enjoy and regards as always.
Welp, easy-come easy-go. Seems after a few months in the VN's OP SanchoMod has been removed yet again.

So, here's a friendly reminder that it's still a thing.

Go get you some.

Sidenote: Just list both the damn mods, quit flip-flopping the listing of Scrappy's or Sancho's and allow site members to know what choices they have. They're all big boys and girls and should be allowed to choose what they wish without prejudice or discrimination. This isn't a fucking competition and it shouldn't be political. List the proper resources, both mods are produced by a couple of the most competent coders in the genre.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
This is the part of the script that goes about the conversation between Derek and the MC about the papers with the answers to the test. Either Derek is shamelessly lying to Fuckface or he did not cheat in the midterms test.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also if MC study the answers and cheat, MC tell him that he's cheated and Derek scolds him.

Reactions: Bleiu

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
I'm gonna assume by curveball you mean unexpected events that weren't predictable before they happened and shook things up, so from the top of my head and in no particular order:

1. Josy and Maya being in a relationship.
2. Jade being Sage's and Tybalt's adoptive mother.
3. The DIK mansion being trashed and the MC basically going from maggot to leader in an instant.
4. Cathy leaving, I really thought the MC would be balls deep in her in no time.
5. Mona leaving, still bummed about that one.
6. Vinnie's return and a gun being introduced right at the first MC/Vinnie encounter.

All of those genuinely surprised me, but admittedly only the first two had/will have any real impact on the story. There was no more Josy or Maya, there was both or none and the Jade/Sage "dilemma"...well we all know it won't end in a hot and steamy threeway.

The other four...well to stay in the baseball vernacular, totally came out of left field for me.
mona was best girl

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So after 2 calendar years we get a good scene with the lovely Sage. Up until now, you could easily miss the Quinn/Sage thing on the Sage path leaving you with nothing for Ep8. With Ep9 on the Sage path, you only got prison sex. No other options.
I don't know how you played the game and missed the incredible scene with Sage at the end of Ep.9...
And now it's not scene prewiew, just a special render

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's true that the Maya/Josy story arch branches deeper into the story than probably any other plot in the game so far, but we were talking about curveballs.

As far as I know nobody saw it coming and just like Jade may have "ruined" many peoples savefiles for Sage, the scene when Josy suddenly stands in the door probably "ruined" it for all those who were just interessted in one of the two girls.

Now we have hindsight, we know how important the Josy/Maya relationship is to the story, but back then ? I mean it was the definition of a curveball and when it happend I was still sure that we could pick either one of them and not that it would end up being both or none.

It's entirely possible that DPC underestimated the reactions or flat out never saw them coming. I often wonder if he adapts on the fly when he notices that the players interpret things differently than he intended or if he just sticks to his script no matter what.

If I understand you right, than maybe curveball was just the wrong word. I think what you really ment is that his cliffhangers and teasers usually dont provide the same satisfaction as they hint at and sometimes even none at all(chad), which I, at least in part, blame on the long development time, but also agree with. Players have a looooong time to come up with what could happen and then it grows from there as other people add to it, creating a whole nother level of expectations.
The term curveball was probably not the correct one. I was referring to events, arising and not from our choices, that distort the current situation, usually for the worse.

And that is why I find it hard to regard the revelation of Maya and Josy as such. Josy at the time was almost lost and with Maya the relationship was in its infancy. It's certainly not what many wanted, but it's not a real deterioration. If you are only interested in one of the 2 you will have to put up with the other for a while, but there are worse problems.

Different would be the impact of Bella's husband returning for example, Derek being expelled for cheating on the test. Those would be destabilising events.

Tybalt's blackmail, if credible, could have been, but it was treated as tomfoolery from the start

Reactions: sava75 and TimHawk
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes