mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Derek is apparently a literal genius and Arieth is at B&R as well, so i dont really think it makes a lot of sense to scrutinize why/how Quinn or any other person is at the university IMO
My memory if this game is getting hazy. I thought the game made it pretty clear he was cheating? Is there a double bluff I missed?

I mean… the guy sells you “cheats” and if I recall correctly you can find his notes in the toilet and confront him about how stupid it was to leave them just kicking about.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Yeah, it doesn't take much to get into University. In fact it is relatively easy. The hard part is staying there and exiting with a high score on your chosen degree. I met some very intellectually challenged people when I attended Uni. Had to stop some one from trying to cook beans, in a can, in the microwave - That level of idiocy.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
My memory if this game is getting hazy. I thought the game made it pretty clear he was cheating? Is there a double bluff I missed?

I mean… the guy sells you “cheats” and if I recall correctly you can find his notes in the toilet and confront him about how stupid it was to leave them just kicking about.
maybe my memory is off as well then, cause i thought it was already basically stated that he is like an absent minded genius by Cathy or Bella or somebody? and that Gina was the girl using the cheats in the toilet?? idk if i remember

either way, none of that can explain how Arieth has not only been enrolled but not flunked out of the school yet. if Arieth can do those things, it doesnt really make any sense that anybody else should be scrutinized too heavily

gokaigold13

Feb 15, 2018
I certainly enjoyed the game, mostly. I did the weirdest thing and actually did a playthrough where I took the time to read the narrative instead of making the quickest route to the next sex scene o_O

I enjoyed some of the routes, and had fun with it. Not a fan of some of the mini games, and wish they could be toggled on/off mid-playthrough, but I found the game, in general, entertaining.

Reactions: SomboSteel

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
maybe my memory is off as well then, cause i thought it was already basically stated that he is like an absent minded genius by Cathy or Bella or somebody? and that Gina was the girl using the cheats in the toilet?? idk if i remember

either way, none of that can explain how Arieth has not only been enrolled but not flunked out of the school yet. if Arieth can do those things, it doesnt really make any sense that anybody else should be scrutinized too heavily
If I remember right, he does cheat, but the papers in the toilet weren't his since if he is confronted by the MC, he basically says he would never leave his evidence out in the open like that. Didn't know there was evidence Gina may have been the one cheating though.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To me the Maya and Josy revelation was so far the biggest curveball and a textbook curveball at that. Like how many posts have we seen of people asking how to get rid of one of the two ?

You play the game and you really like one of the two and then you find out you have to either share her with a girl you dislike or you lose her.

I really wish we could start a poll to find out how many, if given the choice, would've chosen Josy or Maya over both.

I have a feeling the result would make it look more like a punishment than a gift and at least to me it was 100% unexpected and a huge bummer.
but that was the story DPC wanted to tell, without that situation it would not have been BADIk, but another game

if from the meeting in MC's future room a couple other than M&J would have come out, Maya's problem would have been solved (if she had been with MC she had nothing to hide, if she had lost Josy, living in hiding or waiting for her college years would have been a minor effort), at that point no more scavenger hunt, no more danger from Patrick's visit, no more Sage's intervention to help Maya... practically 60-70% of BADIk's story would have been skipped, basically only Tybalt's blackmail would have been left... not a good prospect...

as a general rule: in my opinion, DPC often exaggerated these moments and did not always achieve the desired effect.

I am not convinced that the reaction to certain moments was always what DPC had intended.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

The legend of Derek's genius stems from a conversation with Bella who reveals to MC the "secret" of how Derek is a genius based on the results he is achieving in college.

then that everyone knows how he achieved these results is merely a fact, therefore insufficient to unhinge a theory

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Talking about Quinn, how does her drug dealing even works?
I've never been a dealer so I don't know how it usually works, but she sells the drugs, gives the money to the boss, then gets a cut of what she sold? Then how about the drugs she sells, she buys them or loans them?

skuskusku1

Apr 6, 2018
I've never been a dealer so I don't know how it usually works, but she sells the drugs, gives the money to the boss, then gets a cut of what she sold? Then how about the drugs she sells, she buys them or loans them?
I think that in that kind or organization, the boss buys a lot of drugs for a certain amount, then give an amount to his dealer who cut in lower amount to sell them at a higher price like idk he buys 10g for 100€ and his dealers sell 1g for 12€

Reactions: k1n5l4y3r

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Essentially buy low sell high and you get a cut of the profits.

Reactions: k1n5l4y3r

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
but that was the story DPC wanted to tell, without that situation it would not have been BADIk, but another game

if from the meeting in MC's future room a couple other than M&J would have come out, Maya's problem would have been solved (if she had been with MC she had nothing to hide, if she had lost Josy, living in hiding or waiting for her college years would have been a minor effort), at that point no more scavenger hunt, no more danger from Patrick's visit, no more Sage's intervention to help Maya... practically 60-70% of BADIk's story would have been skipped, basically only Tybalt's blackmail would have been left... not a good prospect...

as a general rule: in my opinion, DPC often exaggerated these moments and did not always achieve the desired effect.

I am not convinced that the reaction to certain moments was always what DPC had intended.
It's true that the Maya/Josy story arch branches deeper into the story than probably any other plot in the game so far, but we were talking about curveballs.

As far as I know nobody saw it coming and just like Jade may have "ruined" many peoples savefiles for Sage, the scene when Josy suddenly stands in the door probably "ruined" it for all those who were just interessted in one of the two girls.

Now we have hindsight, we know how important the Josy/Maya relationship is to the story, but back then ? I mean it was the definition of a curveball and when it happend I was still sure that we could pick either one of them and not that it would end up being both or none.

It's entirely possible that DPC underestimated the reactions or flat out never saw them coming. I often wonder if he adapts on the fly when he notices that the players interpret things differently than he intended or if he just sticks to his script no matter what.

If I understand you right, than maybe curveball was just the wrong word. I think what you really ment is that his cliffhangers and teasers usually dont provide the same satisfaction as they hint at and sometimes even none at all(chad), which I, at least in part, blame on the long development time, but also agree with. Players have a looooong time to come up with what could happen and then it grows from there as other people add to it, creating a whole nother level of expectations.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020

This is the part of the script that goes about the conversation between Derek and the MC about the papers with the answers to the test. Either Derek is shamelessly lying to Fuckface or he did not cheat in the midterms test.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Well, usually dealers use drugs themselves, and the main incentive for them is to get a dose. But not always. One way or another, regardless of whether the dealer himself uses or not, as a rule, they take the goods for sale, that is, they pay the supplier after they have sold the received goods. And the smaller the dealer, the more he dilutes the goods. It happens that the dealer dilutes the doses by more than 2/3. And this is the main reason for their problems.

Reactions: Jumbi and k1n5l4y3r

StultusAnglicus

Donor
Jan 6, 2019
i thought it was already basically stated that he is like an absent minded genius by Bella?

Gina was the girl using the cheats in the toilet??
I don't think it's fully confirmed either way.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I don't think it's fully confirmed either way.

if Derek is a genius, him selling the cheats could just be him selling his own work to stupider/lazier students i guess

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes