Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
Can someone idiot-proof explain how I can download seasons 1-2 game save file, so as to enable 'importing' a previous save so I can play this damn game?
wait, you want an idiot-proof person to explain stuff to you or do you want an idiot-proof explanation? if it's the first, good luck! it's in human nature to be an idiot at least once... if it's the second, that's easy. just go to your system drive(it's usually the C drive for windows), Users\*your pc name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK and paste your save file there.

Reactions: sava75

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The term curveball was probably not the correct one. I was referring to events, arising and not from our choices, that distort the current situation, usually for the worse.

And that is why I find it hard to regard the revelation of Maya and Josy as such. Josy at the time was almost lost and with Maya the relationship was in its infancy. It's certainly not what many wanted, but it's not a real deterioration. If you are only interested in one of the 2 you will have to put up with the other for a while, but there are worse problems.

Different would be the impact of Bella's husband returning for example, Derek being expelled for cheating on the test. Those would be destabilising events.

Tybalt's blackmail, if credible, could have been, but it was treated as tomfoolery from the start
Well there are worse problems if either Maya or Jose wasn't your first pick :D

I said fuck it and sailed over to the loving bossom of Sage after that both or none decision.

As for events that truely upset the balance independent of choice, well in my case the forced choice at the end of Episode 8 really annoyed me :D It was a Season too early in my opinion and if Episode 9 is any indication we will pay dearly for it, and we already have.

But storywise you are right, we didn't have a plot twist yet that made the MC's world turn upside down, well...maybe the Zoey return fills that void to a certain degree, but it's not clear yet.

I wonder if we ever get one of those that effects the MC across all paths, I mean what would even qualify ? Derek being expelled certainly would, but beyond that ? Maybe some shenanigans related to his mom or dad, or the death of someone that's really important to the MC. The biggest cloud we have had so far is obviously Vinnie, but that just started and we have no idea how quickly DPC will develop it and how deep it'll run.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Well there are worse problems if either Maya or Jose wasn't your first pick :D

I said fuck it and sailed over to the loving bossom of Sage after that both or none decision.

As for events that truely upset the balance independent of choice, well in my case the forced choice at the end of Episode 8 really annoyed me :D It was a Season too early in my opinion and if Episode 9 is any indication we will pay dearly for it, and we already have.

But storywise you are right, we didn't have a plot twist yet that made the MC's world turn upside down, well...maybe the Zoey return fills that void to a certain degree, but it's not clear yet.

I wonder if we ever get one of those that effects the MC across all paths, I mean what would even qualify ? Derek being expelled certainly would, but beyond that ? Maybe some shenanigans related to his mom or dad, or the death of someone that's really important to the MC. The biggest cloud we have had so far is obviously Vinnie, but that just started and we have no idea how quickly DPC will develop it and how deep it'll run.
I think there is a big ol' plot twist coming when the MC finally puts two and two together and notices the house in Jill's picture is the same as the house in his mother's picture. I think most people might have been like "Wait a minute"from the get go... But stories often have to make the characters idiots for the sake of the narrative at times.

Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think there is a big ol' plot twist coming when the MC finally puts two and two together and notices the house in Jill's picture is the same as the house in his mother's picture. I think most people might have been like "Wait a minute"from the get go... But stories often have to make the characters idiots for the sake of the narrative at times.
Well we better get something out of that tease and not some "They went for a walk and just climbed over the fence to cuddle some horses" bullshit. I think DPC will milk the MC's mom story arch to kingdom come, as in all the way through Season 3 and deep into Season 4.

And yes, it's infuriating that the MC can't see the resemblance between Bianca and the girl in the picture, they might aswell be clones ! So "Idiot" is putting it mildly :D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I disagree, if anything it's actually happened later than probably originally was planned

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I disagree, if anything it's actually happened later than probably originally was planned
I have no idea what was originally planned or if DPC deviated from his original plan, but for me Episode 9, while not being bad, was the worst episode so far. If you prefered Episode 9 over 1-8 than fair game, can't argue about taste.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I have no idea what was originally planned or if DPC deviated from his original plan, but for me Episode 9, while not being bad, was the worst episode so far. If you prefered Episode 9 over 1-8 than fair game, can't argue about taste.
But why? I'd love to know your point.

actually episode 9 renewed my interest in the project which was as low as ground at episode 8.

About deviating from the original plan, i think this is the case, but it's also natural. This game has years and years of hundreds of thousands of feedbacks.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
But why? I'd love to know your point.

actually episode 9 renewed my interest in the project which was as low as ground at episode 8.

About deviating from the original plan, i think this is the case, but it's also natural. This game has years and years of hundreds of thousands of feedbacks.
It felt like running on a treadmill, doing the same overlapping tasks over and over for each path, without a change of scenery or any surprise, kinda like being stuck in quicksand.

In general the decision to go wide on the pathing as early as midgame diminishes the value of future choices, because the wider you go, the less the plot overlaps into the main story arch.

And it's good that it's the opposite for you, when it comes to taste there is never a right or wrong and the Epsiode certainly wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like BaD to me anymore.

Mar 9, 2019
Based on the game up until this point, there is one possible upcoming event that may greatly alter the narrative I have not yet seen anyone discuss.

Lynette's parents are apparently still breathing, and with all the connections their alienated grandson is able to make with feasible links to them, it stands to reason they will make an appearance soon.

I feel by the beginning of season 4 the MC will have met his estranged grandparents and have his world shattered or flipped like his first pancake. I feel that reunion will lead to BADik's version of AL's "burn baby burn" scene.

I look forward to seeing whether they serve as the micro-antagonists they have made themselves out to be or surprising allies in the episodes to come.

7thOmen

Mar 10, 2023
Well, usually dealers use drugs themselves, and the main incentive for them is to get a dose. But not always. One way or another, regardless of whether the dealer himself uses or not, as a rule, they take the goods for sale, that is, they pay the supplier after they have sold the received goods. And the smaller the dealer, the more he dilutes the goods. It happens that the dealer dilutes the doses by more than 2/3. And this is the main reason for their problems.
As a petty pot dealer in my youth, and knew others like me, the game I played was to sell three grams for every four I had. This allowed me to smoke for free. The difference from BaD is that my suppliers never spotted me the weed. I always had to pay up front. Costs were determined by the quality of the bud. I had to have multiple suppliers in case availability dried up from one or more. I had a few "Rox" type 'friends' that dealt in more than weed, and yes they did use their own products. If I 'lost' my supply, it was on me. There was never any bullshit like charging double to make up for the loses. I would have had a bunch of hateful Tommys that wouldn't buy from me anymore. I have seen exactly that happen with other dealers. Acting like Vinny was NEVER good for business...
Things are different now, I can get my vice legally these days, and so can everyone else. Since this was 30 years ago, I don't care if anybody knows. If this is new or interesting to you, I don't mind answering questions about it...

7thOmen

7thOmen

Mar 10, 2023
Welp, easy-come easy-go. Seems after a few months in the VN's OP SanchoMod has been removed yet again.

So, here's a friendly reminder that it's still a thing.

Go get you some.

Sidenote: Just list both the damn mods, quit flip-flopping the listing of Scrappy's or Sancho's and allow site members to know what choices they have. They're all big boys and girls and should be allowed to choose what they wish without prejudice or discrimination. This isn't a fucking competition and it shouldn't be political. List the proper resources, both mods are produced by a couple of the most competent coders in the genre.
Heh, there is only one choice for me... SanchMod (y)

7thOmen

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Also if MC study the answers and cheat, MC tell him that he's cheated and Derek scolds him.
Huh? Did you actually have a look at what I posted? The part where Derek "scolds" the MC for cheating in the midterms is also included in there. I posted the whole conversation between the two "brothers".

Python:
de "Was someone cheating? For real?"
scene ep8_midterms79 with dissolve
if ep8_midterms_cheated == "DIK":
    mc "Yeah, I'm sure! I took a good look at those papers. They had the answers to many questions and plenty more on top of that."
    scene ep8_midterms82 with dissolve
    de "Oh, so you cheated?"
    scene ep8_midterms83 with dissolve
    mc "Dude, don't give me that look. You practically taught me how to do it."
    de "As a tool for learning, I didn't think you'd cheat at the midterms."
elif True:
    mc "Yeah, I'm sure! I didn't read the papers, but they definitely were test answers."
de "So, who was cheating?"
mc "I don't know. I was so sure it was you that I didn't bother to think that someone else was."
if ep8_midterms_cheated == "CHICK":
    mc "I flushed those answers down so that no teacher would find them and accuse everyone on that bathroom list."
    scene ep8_midterms84 with dissolve
    de "All for the best. You've gotta be careful. Things like that will get you expelled."
elif True:
    scene ep8_midterms80 with dissolve
    de "Shit... Things like that will get you expelled."

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
It felt like running on a treadmill, doing the same overlapping tasks over and over for each path, without a change of scenery or any surprise, kinda like being stuck in quicksand.

In general the decision to go wide on the pathing as early as midgame diminishes the value of future choices, because the wider you go, the less the plot overlaps into the main story arch.

And it's good that it's the opposite for you, when it comes to taste there is never a right or wrong and the Epsiode certainly wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like BaD to me anymore.
Well, yes. Being all focused inside a big event it was a bit claustrophobic, but there also where a ton of interactions. What i appreciated is that the story is opening beyond the original 5 LIs, probably due to the preferences expressed by fans and supporters through the years.

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
Talking about Quinn, how does her drug dealing even works?
I've never been a dealer so I don't know how it usually works, but she sells the drugs, gives the money to the boss, then gets a cut of what she sold? Then how about the drugs she sells, she buys them or loans them?
If you're really interested, you can watch the movie "Requiem for a dream". Good movie, nice music and Jennifer Connelly.

Reactions: Nurikabe

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
As a petty pot dealer in my youth, and knew others like me, the game I played was to sell three grams for every four I had. This allowed me to smoke for free. The difference from BaD is that my suppliers never spotted me the weed. I always had to pay up front. Costs were determined by the quality of the bud. I had to have multiple suppliers in case availability dried up from one or more. I had a few "Rox" type 'friends' that dealt in more than weed, and yes they did use their own products. If I 'lost' my supply, it was on me. There was never any bullshit like charging double to make up for the loses. I would have had a bunch of hateful Tommys that wouldn't buy from me anymore. I have seen exactly that happen with other dealers. Acting like Vinny was NEVER good for business...
Things are different now, I can get my vice legally these days, and so can everyone else. Since this was 30 years ago, I don't care if anybody knows. If this is new or interesting to you, I don't mind answering questions about it...

7thOmen
Interessting, I've never dealt myself nor used anything other than weed. Did you have to look out for gangs or were you affiliated with any gang? During my college days, which was also a looooooong time ago, if you weren't gang affiliated and dealt anywhere close to their territory they, at the very least, put you into the hospital for a good while. 30 years ago was around when Crips and Bloods started branching out, so I would've been scared to death.

I think, and this is only 2nd hand knowledge, that being spotted the drugs only applies in structured, hierachical gang dealings. You get a certain amount of drugs each cycle, you give every cent of the money to the boss of the set and he then gives you some of it back. And as far as I know how much you get back, depends much more on the mood of the boss at that moment than on any prenegotiated amount or how much you actually sold.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I meant, we know for fact that for example that hell week was originally not meant to take that long, and that actually slowed down a bit the narrative.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes