lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
From the image we can predict that the party should be outdoors, not in the mansion, which doesn't make much sense to me, but ok, I just hope it's not a “big party that includes the Alphas and DIK's”, as Sage suggested before.

I wasn't expecting another party now, I was expecting more development in the story, a fight with the Alphas after this whole “peaceful” period, focus on studies and relationships, well, everything, but not another big party.
Every episode will a have a party now so he can justify make "the biggest free-roam and the biggest episode" in every dev cycle

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Looking at my episode flowchart, I can see roughly 57% of it has been completed
If I were to guess, I'd say development is around 70% completed
I honestly don't understand how to evaluate it. Is the episode 57% complete or 70% complete? If it's 70% complete compared to episode 9, then it would be about 20% more than episode 9 on its block diagram( 57%).

But since it treats free-roam events and short scenes equally, the progress should be higher as many longer scenes are completed.
Also, what does that mean? In the first case he doesn't count all the same freeroam scenes as episode 9 as progress, but then he admits he counted wrong? It feels like he planned this episode pretty poorly. He only has a rough block diagram of where he throws the infinite scenes.
Also a party planner. Is this going to be one big party per episode again?

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I honestly don't understand how to evaluate it. Is the episode 57% complete or 70% complete? If it's 70% complete compared to episode 9, then it would be about 20% more than episode 9 on its block diagram( 57%).
I understand it this way: DPC divided the episode into segments (the arcs that make up the episode). Each structure has content that needs to be created, then the development arch will be closed.
But DPC does not create an episode in chronological order, he does something in one part, something in another. Therefore, in one arch, there may be something unfinished, and we would have 57% for them, and 70% for the total amount of content for the episode.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I understand it this way: DPC divided the episode into segments (the arcs that make up the episode). Each structure has content that needs to be created, then the development arch will be closed.
But DPC does not create an episode in chronological order, he does something in one part, something in another. Therefore, in one arch, there may be something unfinished, and we would have 57% for them, and 70% for the total amount of content for the episode.
Couldn't he have speak more accurately?
I still don't understand well how he counts his own progress.
If we talk about progress as 57%, then the release of the game is postponed to the end of the year, and if we talk about 70%, we will see the game in September.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Depends on the measurement.

If he has all the scenes mapped out on his chart then it could show that 57% of those scenes are done. For simplicity lets say the episode has 50 separate scenes, he has completed 28 of them and is halfway through the 29th.

However those scenes could be of vastly different lengths, for example he has talked previously about completing a large freeroam section, if that's just one of the scenes on his chart then that's likely to be 20x more content than a simple scene with Fuckface talking to an LI, so would be more like 10% of the content of the game but only 2% on the chart. Likewise the scene with Fuckface talking to the LI would only be 0.5% of the content but would still show as 2% on the chart.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Depends on the measurement.

If he has all the scenes mapped out on his chart then it could show that 57% of those scenes are done. For simplicity lets say the episode has 50 separate scenes, he has completed 28 of them and is halfway through the 29th.

However those scenes could be of vastly different lengths, for example he has talked previously about completing a large freeroam section, if that's just one of the scenes on his chart then that's likely to be 20x more content than a simple scene with Fuckface talking to an LI, so would be more like 10% of the content of the game but only 2% on the chart. Likewise the scene with Fuckface talking to the LI would only be 0.5% of the content but would still show as 2% on the chart.
That is, he counts long scenes differently than short scenes. But still in his own block diagram the game is 57% complete if you consider all the scenes (both short and big).

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
That is, he counts long scenes differently than short scenes. But still in his own block diagram the game is 57% complete if you consider all the scenes (both short and big).
Exactly his chart is a list of all scenes no matter the length given the same value. His estimation is based on overall content completed.

Reactions: zarachi and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
He did say he going to a wedding don't know much work he will get done sounds like he try to get some I hope he gets a lot done before that. He hasn't had a vacation in 7 years(I think thats what he said) dude needs to time away from the game some people see what there doing wrong, what there doing right and what could be better with there work that's how it is for me anyway, my renders look a lot worse to me after time away. So maybe this is a good thing and since we somewhere around 70% I would take that as a good thing.
The problem will be so that even on vacation he can not really switch off, even when he is not working on the game will think about it.

Reactions: Darkwen

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Couldn't he have speak more accurately?
I still don't understand well how he counts his own progress.
If we talk about progress as 57%, then the release of the game is postponed to the end of the year, and if we talk about 70%, we will see the game in September.
I will answer easier. If you're asking how much content is made for Ep. 10 then it's 70%

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Dunno... my seed gets leeched constantly. I think it's passed self-marketing at this point and has reached zeitgeist status. Like, if you're interested in sci-fi you know you need to watch Empire Strikes Back, ST:TNG/DS9, and Firefly. If you like interactive smut, you know you need to play BaDIK, Pale Carnations, and Eternum.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I daresay Solaris, Blade Runner, 2001 Space Odyssey, Alien and Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex (the animated series).

You've got pretty low standards, dude.

---------

My answer to anyone who's guessing when episode 10 comes out is: it will be bigger than ep. 9 and you'd better not expect anything before the end of september.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No, it means that DPC counts each scene as a single scene, regardless of the length and size of the scene. Because the individual scenes are different in size and length, he could be in the total completion of the game at 70%, although the pure number of scenes is 57%.

Since means, so that DPC still 43% of the scenes must finish, but the size and length only with 30% of the entire play amount to. But DPC itself writes so that is an estimate.

Reactions: ProxyGist

always86

Mar 19, 2020

I've been plugging holes in the episode this week - no pun intended.

I've played the first half of the episode and tried to fill in any missing segments, be it renders, animations, sound effects, or music. This way, I could complete some half-done scenes that have been waiting for my attention and some new scenes as well.
I worked on some GUI stuff for the Party Planner that was missing, and here is a teaser of it:

I worked on clucks and phone chats - art and writing - and also carried out some PC maintenance. Overall, it was a productive week.
The current progress shows these numbers compared to the episode 9 release.
3913 renders posed (78%)
213 animations posed (70%)

The animation count hasn't grown a lot, but that's because I've been working on longer cutscene animations, and I treat them the same as a mere two-second animation in these stats.
Looking at my episode flowchart, I can see roughly 57% of it has been completed. But since it treats free-roam events and short scenes equally, the progress should be higher as many longer scenes are completed.
If I were to guess, I'd say development is around 70% completed. The odds are that the render count will be the highest yet, but we'll see as I continue to create the episode.
As you know, estimating completion is the hardest thing for me to do accurately, but we're not close to release yet.
I'll be continuing to work like this next week. I have some scenes with Zoey, Sage, Jill, and Isabella coming up.

Other information
Here's a little FYI. From the end of June to the start of July, I'll take roughly two weeks off.
It's been seven years since I last had a vacation, and this one comes at a time when I'll be at a wedding and traveling with my wife.
My time available for work during those weeks would already be somewhat limited, so I figured it was finally time for me to schedule some time off.
I will prepare a big animation queue that will last throughout those two weeks; I don't want the development to come to a grinding halt - it will be my top priority.
And I'll schedule some previews during the time I'm off too.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
More conviced than ever that he has switched to posed rather than rendered because he knows we I like to track the progress based on what is posed. If he is at 70% after week 25 that could suggest completion by week 32/33. That would be end of July/ start of August. With the two weeks off, which are hard to begrudge, i think that pushes the most likely release time into late August/ early September, especially after beta testing.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes