Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
So, in terms of episode 9's numbers he is somewhere between 57 % and 70 % done with this episode's development. Let's assume that he is somewhere in between, like 65 %, for example. And it's been 175 days since the release of episode 9.

Assuming that episode 10's numbers are identical to ep. 9 and the aforementioned 65 % completion rate, that would make an estimated 269-day development cycle for episode 10. But since he's already hinted that this episode will probably be even bigger than 9 and that for 2 weeks we should expect somewhat of an hiatus in the development figures... Yeah, I don't have any doubts now. We are going for another long 9-month development cycle for episode 10. I would not find it surprising that this episode will eventually reach the 300-day development time, establishing a new sad record. :HideThePain:
9 episodes in and you guys still haven't gotten used to development cycles of this game?

Reactions: Fess1998 and Redd23

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
If he keeps up the current development cycle for each episode until the end, we might see the game finished by 2028 if we're lucky. I wonder by then how dated it would feel on a playthrough from scratch. Even now, some of the renders in Season 1 look rough compared to his recent work.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Maybe he'll be able to or it isn't really a vacation
One can only hope so.

By the way I think so we will see Steve again in EP10. In EP1 the MC from Steve still had to clean the dirty grill before he could meet Josy. The MC will probably get the grill for Steve's party. So in EP2 be nice to Steve.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Odd that no one said anything about DPC having to do a whole month's worth of timeskip because of Thanksgiving. Now I see why Fuckface has a beard and it probably refers to the final Thanksgiving party.
I even wonder how the timeskip will be implemented. There will probably be some kind of montage of renders with girlfriends, parties and studies like in episode 7.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Odd that no one said anything about DPC having to do a whole month's worth of timeskip because of Thanksgiving. Now I see why Fuckface has a beard and it probably refers to the final Thanksgiving party.
I even wonder how the timeskip will be implemented. There will probably be some kind of montage of renders with girlfriends, parties and studies like in episode 7.
That's because it's likely it'll be a simple thing like nothing happening during the week and all action (dates etc) happening at the weekend, so there only needs to be 6 days of content to get to Thanksgiving.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wait, are these renders from the game? I don't recall having seen them.

9 episodes in and you guys still haven't gotten used to development cycles of this game?
I haven't been an active follower of the game and this thread in particular for very long. I played the game for the first time two to three years ago and got disconnected from it soon after that. Then I played it again in January this year, I think. That was when I started to be more of an active follower of the game. This time, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. I am really hooked on it and I check this thread and participate in it on a daily basis now.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Not a whole month, roughly 3 weeks. My guess is that the game will be less "day-to-day" from now on and have several timeskips. A couple of scenes, skip a few days, a new scene, another skip aso. Could also be flashbacks like in Episode 9, but that would be harder to do and he said Episode 10 wouldn't be built the same way as Episode 9.

Mar 9, 2019

I've been plugging holes in the episode this week - no pun intended.

I've played the first half of the episode and tried to fill in any missing segments, be it renders, animations, sound effects, or music. This way, I could complete some half-done scenes that have been waiting for my attention and some new scenes as well.
I worked on some GUI stuff for the Party Planner that was missing, and here is a teaser of it:

I worked on clucks and phone chats - art and writing - and also carried out some PC maintenance. Overall, it was a productive week.
The current progress shows these numbers compared to the episode 9 release.
3913 renders posed (78%)
213 animations posed (70%)

The animation count hasn't grown a lot, but that's because I've been working on longer cutscene animations, and I treat them the same as a mere two-second animation in these stats.
Looking at my episode flowchart, I can see roughly 57% of it has been completed. But since it treats free-roam events and short scenes equally, the progress should be higher as many longer scenes are completed.
If I were to guess, I'd say development is around 70% completed. The odds are that the render count will be the highest yet, but we'll see as I continue to create the episode.
As you know, estimating completion is the hardest thing for me to do accurately, but we're not close to release yet.
I'll be continuing to work like this next week. I have some scenes with Zoey, Sage, Jill, and Isabella coming up.

Other information
Here's a little FYI. From the end of June to the start of July, I'll take roughly two weeks off.
It's been seven years since I last had a vacation, and this one comes at a time when I'll be at a wedding and traveling with my wife.
My time available for work during those weeks would already be somewhat limited, so I figured it was finally time for me to schedule some time off.
I will prepare a big animation queue that will last throughout those two weeks; I don't want the development to come to a grinding halt - it will be my top priority.
And I'll schedule some previews during the time I'm off too.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Hmm, I don't think he'll be taking the whole two weeks just for the wedding, maybe one week but the other is probably just to himself(also his wife and any possible kids he might have, though he's never mentioned any). Considering the extra time, July is out of the question now. Maybe he can deliver in August, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd say there are just under 10 weeks of remaining active development then it's on to testing for approximately 2, maybe 3, weeks. Bearing in mind, every episode since episode 5, even the interlude and episode 3, has been released on a Friday, we are looking at a release 13 weeks away.

Seeing as there have been 25 weeks of development so far, that puts episode 10 possible development time at 38 weeks, three weeks less than episode 9. While not a drastic improvement, DPC has stated that he no longer needs to build minigames from scratch meaning episodes 11 and 12 will likely take less time; somewhere in the 30 to 35-week range. Unfortunately, for the folks who love to complain about the development time, we will probably not be seeing development time go back under 30 weeks.

Calling it right now, episode 10 will be released on September 8th. Mark it on your calendars, folks.

Wait, are these renders from the game? I don't recall having seen them.
Those look like fan art renders, in fact, I'm sure I've seen a few of them in the fan art thread.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Tbh: Some people don't know or want to play something else to kill the time on waiting for it. I honestly took a 3-to-4-month break from the game and this forum. I been reading and playing other things; at this point it'll come when it comes.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
One can only hope so.

By the way I think so we will see Steve again in EP10. In EP1 the MC from Steve still had to clean the dirty grill before he could meet Josy. The MC will probably get the grill for Steve's party. So in EP2 be nice to Steve.
Wouldn't the Diks or HoTs have a grill already or just buy one it seems like a long way to go for a grill. But if it did happen I want Mc take Josy with him.
MC: Hi Steve I'm sure remember Josy my girlfriend
Steve passed out
Mc: Josy lets get the grill before he wakes up :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Josy: We should have our own grill out first:love::devilish::devilish:

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Tbh: Some people don't know or want to play something else to kill the time on waiting for it. I honestly took a 3-to-4-month break from the game and this forum. I been reading and playing other things; at this point it'll come when it comes.
What, everybody doesn't constantly replay this game until the next update is out?:sneaky:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
The problem will be so that even on vacation he can not really switch off, even when he is not working on the game will think about it.
That's modern life for most workers now, isn't it? I'm also going on vacation for the second half of June and know I'll be stressed big time if I don't check work emails and deal with the occasional issue. And I'm just a working stiff. If I were Pinkcake single-handedly running a million-dollar money-making project I would find it even harder to switch off!

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes