Bubba McSmith

Oct 30, 2020
Somewhere in this never-ending megathread, the DPC abandoning BaDIK topic was brought up again. No one thinks DPC is going to willfully abandon the game; he obviously loves it with a passion. The problem is there is still 6 - 8 years left to go and a lot can change in that time. It reminds me of huniepop 2 getting massively delayed due to the devs' health issues (he didn't elaborate beyond that).

When DPC says he works all day every day on the game, I believe him. The quality and quantity of his work shows that, but that's not a very healthy lifestyle, and it's going to take its toll. It's why I also think he will retire once this is done, or start an indie studio if he still wants to stay in game development.

Let's look at the upcoming schedule.
Episode 10 - Nov 2023
Episode 11 - Sept 2024 (10 months, same as Ep 10)
Episode 12 - Sept 2025 (It's the season finale, he's going to take a year on it)
Oct 2025 - One to two months for the steam/gog release, like season 2 before.
Going forward, the final season will take more time because it's the final season and the final season has to be great, and DPC cannot control himself with scope, and the ever expanding branching. But I'll be generous and say 10 months an episode, but personally I think it will be more.
Episode 13 - Aug 2026
Episode 14 - June 2027
Episode 15 - Apr 2028
Episode 16 - This is the final episode, it's going to be huge. A year and a half easy, so that's Oct 2029. A lot can happen between now and then.

I look forward to each episode release as this is easily the best game in the genre, but I know the life of a programmer and being a solo dev is a tough one. I just want to see this game make it to the end. If it was an indie studio, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

With that said, DPC is punching WAY beyond his weight and earning income similar to successful indie studios, maybe even lower end double A depending on how you measure. He's keep sacrificing everything to keep the money flowing. We'll see.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
Somewhere in this never-ending megathread, the DPC abandoning BaDIK topic was brought up again. No one thinks DPC is going to willfully abandon the game; he obviously loves it with a passion. The problem is there is still 6 - 8 years left to go and a lot can change in that time. It reminds me of huniepop 2 getting massively delayed due to the devs' health issues (he didn't elaborate beyond that).

When DPC says he works all day every day on the game, I believe him. The quality and quantity of his work shows that, but that's not a very healthy lifestyle, and it's going to take its toll. It's why I also think he will retire once this is done, or start an indie studio if he still wants to stay in game development.

Let's look at the upcoming schedule.
Episode 10 - Nov 2023
Episode 11 - Sept 2024 (10 months, same as Ep 10)
Episode 12 - Sept 2025 (It's the season finale, he's going to take a year on it)
Oct 2025 - One to two months for the steam/gog release, like season 2 before.
Going forward, the final season will take more time because it's the final season and the final season has to be great, and DPC cannot control himself with scope, and the ever expanding branching. But I'll be generous and say 10 months an episode, but personally I think it will be more.
Episode 13 - Aug 2026
Episode 14 - June 2027
Episode 15 - Apr 2028
Episode 16 - This is the final episode, it's going to be huge. A year and a half easy, so that's Oct 2029. A lot can happen between now and then.

I look forward to each episode release as this is easily the best game in the genre, but I know the life of a programmer and being a solo dev is a tough one. I just want to see this game make it to the end. If it was an indie studio, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest.

With that said, DPC is punching WAY beyond his weight and earning income similar to successful indie studios, maybe even lower end double A depending on how you measure. He's keep sacrificing everything to keep the money flowing. We'll see.
That post really gives some perspective as to how much time I've invested into this game :HideThePain:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ray_D

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
Why wouldn't people like Zoey? She has the hottest lips in the game. One of my main girls.
At the risk of giving an unpopular opinion, I'm going to say that zoey for me is like a bowl of hot soup in a hot summer, you don't want to take it but anyway you end up taking it out of obligation.

also let's face it, if Zoey wasn't useless at surfing she probably wouldn't have come back. i don't like anything about zoey and thanks to her I had to watch that reunion with tremolo, where they both end up crying like bitches, even though I played like a massive DIK most of the game, I couldn't choose an option to tell her to fuck off.

but I'm going to cross my fingers that this option will appear in Chapter 10. probably the option will not appear, but a man has the right to dream.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It really is ridiculous how big this update will be, on its own, it will be bigger than a majority of the games here on f95.

Now, time for some math.

Using the last 3 episodes (except Interlude) the average animation duration is 5,17s. Rounding that up to 5,2 and considering that in the worst case scenario there are 91 animations left that its 14196 frames to render.

Using his render speed from his vacation, that would take 45 days to render. Plus the 2 weeks to test, which would put the update in 17/11.

On a more optimistic version, if the number of remaning animations is lower, like 80, and the average duration is a bit lower (5s) then the remaining number of frames to be rendered is 12000. That would shave off a week.
He's added 1-2 new PCs to the render farm since his vacation.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
If we can tell Zoey to get laser tattoo removal and to let her hair go back to a natural color, then I'd be willing to doink her, but until then she can go suck a clit.
cant argue with that. when i saw her in the interlude scene, i was thinking she may become my top pic. but then i watched in horror as she ruined herself with that huge chest piece. the trend of girls wanting those, or the tiddy chandeliers needs to end!
its like owning a Rembrandt and slapping garbage pail kids stickers on it.:cry:

ajajkajadha

Jun 26, 2022

I've been busy working on art this week. I completed the art for one normal scene and one lewd scene and have started working on the final big scene of the episode, which has lewd and story aspects.

This scene will take me 1-2 weeks of writing and posing. I have reserved a maximum of 50 animations for the scene, but it might be slightly lower than that.

After completing that scene, I can start working on the remaining tasks. Here is an updated checklist for the remaining part of the development.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing and proofreading can begin. I have left bullet points from the previous checklist in it for clarity.

Scenes
One lewd scene with story aspects surrounding it remains. It's partly written, and I have started making art for it.

Art
I estimate I must pose an additional ~200 static renders and up to 50 animations.

Current static render count: 5539 produced. 62 posed renders in the render queue. 5601 renders in total.

Current animation count: 257 produced. 41 posed animations in the render queue. 298 animations in total.

Code
Pack Quest - Completed but not tested.

Vault - Completed but not tested.

Rewards/2D art - Almost completed; only one special render must be added to the story. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. The new phone gallery has gotten more content since last time and will get even more. The music app may need updated code to include new songs added after today; it's synchronized with the current state of the episode.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end screen and report - The end screen is added and tested. The reports are written but need more work, trimming, and testing.

Credits - Completed and tested.

Sound
Some SFX work remains; I will get to it when I polish the episode.

26 new songs have been added so far. Some work remains in this area for a few scenes.

Testing
I have played the episode from start to finish once, but art was missing during some scenes as they were in the render queue.

My personal tests and polishing remain.

My thoughts on the checklist
Lots of progress has been made since I wrote the checklist last time. The predicted render count has increased slightly but should be accurate for what remains.

Posing the remaining animations will take some time, but rendering them will be the bottleneck. Looking at the current render queue and the predicted animations, we're talking about roughly 90 animations that need time to render.

As I've said earlier, I will work on polishing the episode during the time these animations render. And polishing the episode will require plenty of time, too, to ensure that the quality is high regardless of branch and playstyle. I will post more information about this process when I start it.

My general feeling about the episode development right now is that I'm beginning to see the end of it for the first time since it started. The remaining tasks are finally tangible, and I can feel how that motivates me tremendously.

My plan going forward
I want to complete the remaining art as fast as possible, without rushing it, because I appreciate its importance. I want to reach the polishing state within the next 3-4 weeks.

Once I've reached that state of development, I will get a better feel of how much work it entails and hopefully get an estimate on the remaining render time.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
All I need from this episode is a fighting scene with Vinny. This time a REAL fight. I wanna beat Vinny's face to a point that he go to the cops asking to get arrested just to be safe from Fuckface's - "This is just basic training with dad lol chill" - hands. :mad:

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
If the option to tell Zoey to hit the road in episode 10 comes then for me the episode will be a 10 out of 10 one can hope
If we can tell Zoey to get laser tattoo removal and to let her hair go back to a natural color, then I'd be willing to doink her, but until then she can go suck a clit.
cant argue with that. when i saw her in the interlude scene, i was thinking she may become my top pic. but then i watched in horror as she ruined herself with that huge chest piece. the trend of girls wanting those, or the tiddy chandeliers needs to end!
its like owning a Rembrandt and slapping garbage pail kids stickers on it.:cry:
Fucking barbaric people !! :mad::mad::mad:

Beautiful hair,the most divine tattoos,
and a wonderfully touching character and appearance,
you will never leave such a beautiful,heavenly girl behind !!:cry::cry::love::love:
ep9_zoey_talk42.jpg

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
All I need from this episode is a fighting scene with Vinny. This time a REAL fight. I wanna beat Vinny's face to a point that he go to the cops asking to get arrested just to be safe from Fuckface's - "This is just basic training with dad lol chill" - hands. :mad:
DPC probably isn't going to do it until the end of season 3, who knows maybe he'll make up for it with the rematch against caleb.

7zbvaj.jpg

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

you will never leave such a beautiful,heavenly girl behind !!:cry::cry::love::love:
View attachment 2933535
Maybe if I was 15 years old again, I would be interested in Zoey, but that time has passed and unfortunately I grew up to become someone boring and who enjoys simple things.

7zbvnk.jpg

ajajkajadha

Jun 26, 2022
If the option to tell Zoey to hit the road in episode 10 comes then for me the episode will be a 10 out of 10 one can hope
DPC created Zoey to justify the tension at that bathroom scene, and it was great!! She did a hell of a job, astonishing actress and all...

Now she can get back on being very very good at surfing.

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020

View attachment 2933535
Eh, she doesn't really resonate with Zaz. I'd hook my boy Jacob up with her though, they can nerd out over art together. Also, he's been the bro of the DIKs, so he deserves some thanks.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes