Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Due to the timing I think this is probably a Starfield commemoration thingy that might be used as a special render, but the thought about it being a D&G style game set in space has crossed my mind, I really hope I'm wrong though...
Maybe he just made a Starfield reference. I think if he wants to further develop his relationship with the nerds and the potential Sally route (I don't care about her), he could simplify these sessions by making short scenes of them playing these board games, without full immersion. Also make this optional.
I doubt we will get another D&D scene on this update. On the other hand, I'm almost 100% sure we will get some Madame scenes.
We don't have this in reactions list, so take it: :HideThePain:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
"Don't worry, DrPinkCake upgraded his hardware: episode 10 will come out faster than episode 9", they said.

Yeah, whatever.

Unlikely. Probably the most unlikely scenario. If Rusty's dad had these installed it would be fair to assume that only he would have access to the images. And if he's the only one with that access, why would he set up his own sons Frat for a bout with the Alphas by sending those pictures to Dawe and Chad? That would put Rusty's dad's intelligence on par with Dawe's IQ.
Don't worry. We will never find out who installed the cameras. So, anything goes.

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
the writing and the renders took a fucking nosedive in season 2. why the fuck it takes so long between eps lmao
1. With season 3 we now have separate branches. So he needs to dedicate equal amount of content and attention to different paths and girls.
2. A lot of filler content, and I mean a lot of it. Biggest bottleneck are animations. Most of them are nsfw,however there are few very long sfw animations, and it takes time for those animations to render. For this episode we have almost 6000 renders and target number of animations is 350. This update will be almost as big as entire season 1, and its already bigger than his entire previous game Acting Lessons.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Well. November or December here we come. He's only managed to render 6.7 animations a week for the last 3 weeks.

257 animations + 90 to render = 347 at a 6.7 average he will hit that the week between the 15th and 22nd of December. That will mark week 52 or 53 of this development cycle. For refence his average so far for the episode has been 6.6, so no obvious sign of a rapid improvement. I think that means it will be a year. That's 10 or 11 weeks longer than episode 9. Which was 12 weeks longer than 8 which was 7 weeks longer than episode 7. Essentially since episode 7 development time has more than doubled. Yes it's somewhat hard to quantify since he is making longer animations which may have previously been counted individually.

Best guess at this point would have to be the 8th or 15th December. He'll want to give him self time to get a patch done before Christmas again. Possible once the stills complete he'll be able to do animations slightly quicker, so maybe an optimistic view will be November. I think there is no chance of October now.

Stills chart

View attachment 2932527

Animation chart

View attachment 2932528

Quick forcast based on averages. As you can see the whole development has been fairly stable. (Although in fairness to DPC he hasn't been announcing regular completed numbers so there may have been peaks and dips throughout)

View attachment 2932557
At the end of the Ep.9 cycle, when DPC finished statics, there was an acceleration to 10-12 animations per week maximum, because additional capacity was freed up and he could load all his rigs with animations. Now DPC also almost finished statics, only 200 renders remain. So we will most likely see the same thing, and the speed will depend on the size of the remaining animations. He doesn't tell us their size, just giving numbers. So it could be either November or the second half of December. Anything is possible with this guy.
Many here believed in July, August:KEK:, I thought at the end of September.:LOL:

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018

I've been busy working on art this week. I completed the art for one normal scene and one lewd scene and have started working on the final big scene of the episode, which has lewd and story aspects.

This scene will take me 1-2 weeks of writing and posing. I have reserved a maximum of 50 animations for the scene, but it might be slightly lower than that.

After completing that scene, I can start working on the remaining tasks. Here is an updated checklist for the remaining part of the development.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing and proofreading can begin. I have left bullet points from the previous checklist in it for clarity.

Scenes
One lewd scene with story aspects surrounding it remains. It's partly written, and I have started making art for it.

Art
I estimate I must pose an additional ~200 static renders and up to 50 animations.

Current static render count: 5539 produced. 62 posed renders in the render queue. 5601 renders in total.

Current animation count: 257 produced. 41 posed animations in the render queue. 298 animations in total.

Code
Pack Quest - Completed but not tested.

Vault - Completed but not tested.

Rewards/2D art - Almost completed; only one special render must be added to the story. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. The new phone gallery has gotten more content since last time and will get even more. The music app may need updated code to include new songs added after today; it's synchronized with the current state of the episode.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end screen and report - The end screen is added and tested. The reports are written but need more work, trimming, and testing.

Credits - Completed and tested.

Sound
Some SFX work remains; I will get to it when I polish the episode.

26 new songs have been added so far. Some work remains in this area for a few scenes.

Testing
I have played the episode from start to finish once, but art was missing during some scenes as they were in the render queue.

My personal tests and polishing remain.

My thoughts on the checklist
Lots of progress has been made since I wrote the checklist last time. The predicted render count has increased slightly but should be accurate for what remains.

Posing the remaining animations will take some time, but rendering them will be the bottleneck. Looking at the current render queue and the predicted animations, we're talking about roughly 90 animations that need time to render.

As I've said earlier, I will work on polishing the episode during the time these animations render. And polishing the episode will require plenty of time, too, to ensure that the quality is high regardless of branch and playstyle. I will post more information about this process when I start it.

My general feeling about the episode development right now is that I'm beginning to see the end of it for the first time since it started. The remaining tasks are finally tangible, and I can feel how that motivates me tremendously.

My plan going forward
I want to complete the remaining art as fast as possible, without rushing it, because I appreciate its importance. I want to reach the polishing state within the next 3-4 weeks.

Once I've reached that state of development, I will get a better feel of how much work it entails and hopefully get an estimate on the remaining render time.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Me when a new Being a DIK update appears, after months of waiting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

I've been busy working on art this week. I completed the art for one normal scene and one lewd scene and have started working on the final big scene of the episode, which has lewd and story aspects.

This scene will take me 1-2 weeks of writing and posing. I have reserved a maximum of 50 animations for the scene, but it might be slightly lower than that.

After completing that scene, I can start working on the remaining tasks. Here is an updated checklist for the remaining part of the development.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing and proofreading can begin. I have left bullet points from the previous checklist in it for clarity.

Scenes
One lewd scene with story aspects surrounding it remains. It's partly written, and I have started making art for it.

Art
I estimate I must pose an additional ~200 static renders and up to 50 animations.

Current static render count: 5539 produced. 62 posed renders in the render queue. 5601 renders in total.

Current animation count: 257 produced. 41 posed animations in the render queue. 298 animations in total.

Code

Rewards/2D art - Almost completed; only one special render must be added to the story. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. The new phone gallery has gotten more content since last time and will get even more. The music app may need updated code to include new songs added after today; it's synchronized with the current state of the episode.

Episode end screen and report - The end screen is added and tested. The reports are written but need more work, trimming, and testing.

Sound

26 new songs have been added so far. Some work remains in this area for a few scenes.

Testing
I have played the episode from start to finish once, but art was missing during some scenes as they were in the render queue.

Lots of progress has been made since I wrote the checklist last time. The predicted render count has increased slightly but should be accurate for what remains.

Posing the remaining animations will take some time, but rendering them will be the bottleneck. Looking at the current render queue and the predicted animations, we're talking about roughly 90 animations that need time to render.

As I've said earlier, I will work on polishing the episode during the time these animations render. And polishing the episode will require plenty of time, too, to ensure that the quality is high regardless of branch and playstyle. I will post more information about this process when I start it.

My general feeling about the episode development right now is that I'm beginning to see the end of it for the first time since it started. The remaining tasks are finally tangible, and I can feel how that motivates me tremendously.

My plan going forward
I want to complete the remaining art as fast as possible, without rushing it, because I appreciate its importance. I want to reach the polishing state within the next 3-4 weeks.

Once I've reached that state of development, I will get a better feel of how much work it entails and hopefully get an estimate on the remaining render time.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.

7za9au.jpg

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

Checklist Episode 10

Scenes

Art

Code

Sound

Testing

My plan going forward

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
A couple weeks ago, I thought he would stop at the 5500-5600 render count and he ended up adding another 200 renders.
Ok, a week more or a week less is not that big of a deal in the context of a 9 month wait.
For me the problem lies also in his saying that only now he sees the end. I don't even want to imagine the chaos in his flowchart if only now he realized that the game is completely finished in terms of structure and scenario. Now imagine what will happen during the development of episode 11 and 12. The variables will continue to branch and at some point everything will go wrong. I am sure that in episode 10 everything will not be perfect in terms of branching and there will be a lot of problems.
What's a bit stressful is his extremely vague and florid explanations about "polishing". What is that anyway? I know what polishing is in 3D design: it's removing unnecessary polygons, optimizing the scene, preparing the scene for UW unwrapping and baking. I just can't imagine what he'll be doing for a month. The only reasonable explanation is that he will be building the game, in fact he doesn't have it built, he just renders it and that's it.
As for the animation. I certainly hope the animations were worth it, but I think back to the animations in episode 9 and at least hope they won't be as awful as they were then. I'm willing to tolerate the animations if they were all lewd.
The game will of course come out this year. I'll be very surprised that the update will come out at the end of December, but judging by his words we need to wait at least a month and a half to get an approximate completion date. And that's early November.
All in all, of course, these are all pessimistic thoughts. For him Being a Dik is a hobby, not a job and we have to put up with it whether you like it or not. He is not a milker in the way we see him. He just doesn't have his workflow organized. With proper organization we could save about a month or more.
P.S.
This is the second update in a row he's talked about an lewd plot scene. At first I thought it was Lynette, since it's a pretty important plot point and it's tightly connected to Jill. But spending a huge amount of animation on sex with Jill seems weird to me. It should be Zoe because they have unresolved romantic issues and Zoe deserves a big scene, but she's not the main girl.
I generally have a hard time envisioning the situation of a plotline lewd scene.

lollar2112

Dec 10, 2017
as orgitas already said, it is 1 of the films that inspired the game. granted, its low brow dick and fart jokes. but the imapct it had at the time was pretty big. there are multiple terms it either created or at least put into common use. "milf", or "one time at band camp" just start the list. it also gave us our first look at joshy (before maya made him a lesbian)
View attachment 2929717
"just american pie" ........how dare you sir! :ROFLMAO:
People forget, or weren't around to know, but American Pie was indeed a cultural phenomenon when it came out. It was everywhere. Everyone talked about it. You knew famous lines and scenes even if you hadn't seen the film.

That was a unique time. The Matrix and Fight Club came out in 1999. So did The Sixth Sense and Blair Witch. Very significant films for various reasons, all released within a year.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I can't be sure that this obligatory plot scene with lewd elements is Zoey. As much as I like her, it would be stupid to make a scene with her that can't be avoided. It is unacceptable to force a route with her for the players; first of all, not everyone likes Zoey. Secondly, many players have already chosen LI, a scene with her would be an imposed cheating that can't be avoided. It's stupid.
I have a suspicion that this big plot scene is another flashback from the diary, it will be Neil/Lynette. But lewd content? I imagine a weirded MC's face.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I can't be sure that this obligatory plot scene with lewd elements is Zoey. As much as I like her, it would be stupid to make a scene with her that can't be avoided. It is unacceptable to force a route with her for the players; first of all, not everyone likes Zoey.
Wrong players don't like Zoey
Secondly, many players have already chosen LI, a scene with her would be an imposed cheating that can't be avoided.
have chosen the wrong LI, but its fine, it's to be expected since they are
:cautious::Kappa: :Kappa:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The only possible canon lewd scenes at this stage are either flashbacks (Zoey, unless Fuckface lied to M/J in ep 10) or Neil and Lynette, DPC certainly appears to plan lewd scenes through the diary otherwise why the fuck have Lynette in a state of undress multiple times already. How many players who want to see Neil lewd scenes may be debatable though.

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
I can't be sure that this obligatory plot scene with lewd elements is Zoey. As much as I like her, it would be stupid to make a scene with her that can't be avoided. It is unacceptable to force a route with her for the players; first of all, not everyone likes Zoey. Secondly, many players have already chosen LI, a scene with her would be an imposed cheating that can't be avoided. It's stupid.
I have a suspicion that this big plot scene is another flashback from the diary, it will be Neil/Lynette. But lewd content? I imagine a weirded MC's face.
Here comes Chad/Troy unskipable lewd plot scene :HideThePain:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes