funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
They weren't allowed in DIK's mansion. So, NO.
You're assuming the cameras and everything was done during the Halloween party. Don't forget the cameras have been there for quite some time before that, heck even since before the Alphas wrecked the DIK mansion. Furthermore, you're also neglecting that Sally hangs with the Betas and is one of the dormies that would be allowed in, for whatever reasons that have yet to be discovered.

So yeh, I'm keeping my money stack on the Betas having something to do with it. Why? Because no one suspects them. Everyone's microscope is either on the Alphas or some traitor within the DIK walls. I personally believe it will be some combination of all of the above. But masterminded by the Betas. Everyone picks on them, but they never get revenge!

Never forget the "Revenge of the Nerds"!

:cool:

Reactions: Gunizz

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
The camera in Derek's room has been there for a long time. Those pictures of of Arieth posted to the jocks indicates the same angle, and elevation, to the fire alarm. So who ever is spying on them benefits from a massive rift between the houses. So you'll have to deduce, from all the evidence and speculation, who benefits the most and there you'll, probably, find your spy/traitor.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You're assuming the cameras and everything was done during the Halloween party. Don't forget the cameras have been there for quite some time before that, heck even since before the Alphas wrecked the DIK mansion.
And this is why the most logical explanation is that the cameras have been installed by the mansion's owner (Rusty's father). Second most logical explanation: they have been installed by Burke.

Furthermore, you're also neglecting that Sally hangs with the Betas and is one of the dormies that would be allowed in, for whatever reasons that have yet to be discovered.
So yeh, I'm keeping my money stack on the Betas having something to do with it. Why? Because no one suspects them. Everyone's microscope is either on the Alphas or some traitor within the DIK walls. I personally believe it will be some combination of all of the above. But masterminded by the Betas. Everyone picks on them, but they never get revenge!
Someone had to get hold of Rusty's PC. The Betas couldn't.

"they did it because no one suspects them" is a nonsensical argument.

p.s.: this is my final answer

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
So, now it fully depends on how much time it will take to render this ~90 animations.

It won't take less than month anyway (optimistic) and shouldn't take more that 2 months (pessimistic).

The average animations duration also shouldn't be 5+ sec, since we are mostly talking about 1(one) lewd scene, which DPC give ~50 animations and the rest 42 are in render queue already. So, probably less, I hope 4s average. This will give us 1 month of wait to render them.

It also good that he will do all polishing tasks during this last animations rendering process.

Aaaand... that 5800+- static renders amount sounds just impressive.

Optimistic estimate now probable is 27'Oct/3'Nov, while pessimistic is late Nov. Sad, but now it really feels like a finish line.

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
AtLeastRendersAreDone! :HideThePain:

• Let's compare with the previous checkup 3 weeks before:
  • Renderscount: 4892 > 5539 produced. 5112 > 5601 renders total.
    • +647 completed (163/Week). Renders are basically count as done at that rate with 200 left.
  • Animationscount: 237 > 257 produced. 265 > 298 animations total.
    • +20 completed (6.7/Week). For the 50 left it would need ≈7.5 weeks at that rate.
  • Actual Target are now 90% > 97% for Renders and 76% > 85% for animations.
  • An extra Music been added too.
  • Compared to EP9: Preview are 25/21 and Rooster 5/7 revealed.
  • Release could be Early November (10 months / 46 weeks projection). 85% complete.
    • Posed Target Completion __ Renders: 97% | Animations: 85%
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
(min)​
Music*
Δ
Size_GB
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/W
sA/W
EP1​
1301_.__
51_____
3:29
—​
1.1 (new)
07 Feb, 19​
— days​
—​
—​
—​
EP2​
1709 (+31%)
77 _(+26)
3:36
—​
2.3 (+1.2)
04 May, 19​
087_ (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
138​
EP3​
2289 (+34%)
99 _(+22)
4:42​
—​
10​
4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug, 19​
105_ (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP4​
2532 (+11%)
134 _(+35)
7:57​
—​
15​
6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan, 20​
148_ (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
22.6​
EP5​
2456_ (-3%)
157 _(+23)
8:35​
17 (3.4K$)
11​
8.0 (+1.9)
29 May, 20​
141_ (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
25.6​
EP6​
3336 (+35%)
162 __(+5)
8:33​
24 (4.8K$)
11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov, 20​
169_ (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
138​
21.2​
EP7​
3723 (+12%)
250 _(+55)
18:14​
18 (3.6K$)
15​
14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr, 21​
162_ (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP8​
4158 (+12%)
358 (+108)
26:21
34 (6.8K$)
16​
19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov, 21​
211_ (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
138​
EPI
794____
36_____
4:36
19 (3.8K$)
2.6 (new)
4 Mar, 22​
105_ (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9​
5037 (+35%)
303 _(-55)
26:08
21 (4.2K$)
7.3 (+4.7)
16 Dec, 22​
287_ (9 months, 12 days |≈41 weeks)
38.2​
EP10
Target ≈5800
Target ≈350
26 (5.2K$)
in dev
273_ (8 months, 30 days |≈39 weeks)
Complete Table with the idea of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 4 years, 7 months, 8 days (55 months / 240 weeks / 1681 days / 40,344 hours)
* | Total: 31,641$ — Δ=Scenes — Ratio = (Renders/Weeks + secondsAnimations/Weeks) | Renders/Weeks | secondsAnimations/Weeks

(y)Thumbs Up to:
| Casiope's DIK Walkthrough | AchedCroissant's EP10 Preview Collection | EP10 Rooster Collection | Clone Series Renders
| shazba's Q/A Story Summary | Holy Bacchus 's Story Timeline | DrPinkCake's Q&A Session | RPDL's
Man this is FUCKING insane. I still can't believe MR. DPC THE DIK is making such a HUGE work alone. My respects for this man, he's such an inspiration. The best game in al F95 by far

Reactions: VOYEUR

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
A thought arose. Even if Ep.10 will be very good, with the progress of the story and its structure will not cause such controversy as Ep.9 - a shitstorm is inevitable.
DPC periodically returns to what happened in previous episodes. Why did I mention D&G? There were sessions in Episodes 3, 6, but this didn't happen in Episode 9 because of the party. The conclusions suggest themselves.
The possibility of D&G repeating is very high. There is also a high probability that there will be new events with Madame, which take a lot of time to render (the number of animations with her is large).
Judging by the attitude of the crowd, many, if not most, hate these events. Not because D&G is so terrible (Madame is disgusting, yes), but because it takes away development time without playing a serious role in the game - this is typical open world content filling, but here it doesn't have such a need.
I'm sure that one of these events will definitely happen. It's not difficult to guess people's reactions. "The episode was in development for 11 months! Eleven months I waited! On F95Zone! Oh yes, he had time to do the D&G/animations with Madame, of course it was worth the wait and it's "so important" than releasing the update a month earlier"!
I can already feel this drama and controversy getting closer.
Due to the timing I think this is probably a Starfield commemoration thingy that might be used as a special render, but the thought about it being a D&G style game set in space has crossed my mind, I really hope I'm wrong though...

• Wow
Reactions: NebulousShooter

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
And this is why the most logical explanation is that the cameras have been installed by the mansion's owner (Rusty's father).
Unlikely. Probably the most unlikely scenario. If Rusty's dad had these installed it would be fair to assume that only he would have access to the images. And if he's the only one with that access, why would he set up his own sons Frat for a bout with the Alphas by sending those pictures to Dawe and Chad? That would put Rusty's dad's intelligence on par with Dawe's IQ.

Second most logical explanation: they have been installed by Burke.
Ok, long shot, but I can entertain that theory.

Someone had to get hold of Rusty's PC. The Betas couldn't.

"they did it because no one suspects them" is a nonsensical argument.
Nonsensical, why?
You say that as if the most Apt students as the Betas wouldn't be able to figure out how to manipulate others to do their dirty work.

p.s.: this is my final answer
You say that like I was trying to troll about this.
I'm not.

I realize this has been hashed out to hell and back. But this angle is one I haven't seen anyone entertain before.

:cool:

Reactions: KaiserST

iggy.

Mar 24, 2022
We are probably 2 months away. I think animations are nsfw for the most part, but there is also hand movement, blinking etc since its a combination of regular and lewd scene. Animations are probably going to take 4-6 weeks to render, add 2 weeks for testing and proofreading and there u have it. November 17th.

Reactions: Redd23 and KaiserST

lukrame

Sep 25, 2020
Haven't played the two previous episodes so I'll be in for one hell of a playthrough when it finally drops! Are you guys jealous?

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

always86

Mar 19, 2020

I've been busy working on art this week. I completed the art for one normal scene and one lewd scene and have started working on the final big scene of the episode, which has lewd and story aspects.

This scene will take me 1-2 weeks of writing and posing. I have reserved a maximum of 50 animations for the scene, but it might be slightly lower than that.

After completing that scene, I can start working on the remaining tasks. Here is an updated checklist for the remaining part of the development.

Checklist Episode 10
This is the current checklist of what's left to do before beta testing and proofreading can begin. I have left bullet points from the previous checklist in it for clarity.

Scenes
One lewd scene with story aspects surrounding it remains. It's partly written, and I have started making art for it.

Art
I estimate I must pose an additional ~200 static renders and up to 50 animations.

Current static render count: 5539 produced. 62 posed renders in the render queue. 5601 renders in total.

Current animation count: 257 produced. 41 posed animations in the render queue. 298 animations in total.

Code
Pack Quest - Completed but not tested.

Vault - Completed but not tested.

Rewards/2D art - Almost completed; only one special render must be added to the story. Testing and possibly correction of code are needed.

Gallery - The lewd gallery has been coded but can't be tested until all lewd scenes have been made. Some art remains for miniature images.

Phone content - There's some work left with the Rooster and Chat apps. The new phone gallery has gotten more content since last time and will get even more. The music app may need updated code to include new songs added after today; it's synchronized with the current state of the episode.

Bios - I always leave bios for the last part of the development.

Episode end screen and report - The end screen is added and tested. The reports are written but need more work, trimming, and testing.

Credits - Completed and tested.

Sound
Some SFX work remains; I will get to it when I polish the episode.

26 new songs have been added so far. Some work remains in this area for a few scenes.

Testing
I have played the episode from start to finish once, but art was missing during some scenes as they were in the render queue.

My personal tests and polishing remain.

My thoughts on the checklist
Lots of progress has been made since I wrote the checklist last time. The predicted render count has increased slightly but should be accurate for what remains.

Posing the remaining animations will take some time, but rendering them will be the bottleneck. Looking at the current render queue and the predicted animations, we're talking about roughly 90 animations that need time to render.

As I've said earlier, I will work on polishing the episode during the time these animations render. And polishing the episode will require plenty of time, too, to ensure that the quality is high regardless of branch and playstyle. I will post more information about this process when I start it.

My general feeling about the episode development right now is that I'm beginning to see the end of it for the first time since it started. The remaining tasks are finally tangible, and I can feel how that motivates me tremendously.

My plan going forward
I want to complete the remaining art as fast as possible, without rushing it, because I appreciate its importance. I want to reach the polishing state within the next 3-4 weeks.

Once I've reached that state of development, I will get a better feel of how much work it entails and hopefully get an estimate on the remaining render time.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake
Well. November or December here we come. He's only managed to render 6.7 animations a week for the last 3 weeks.

257 animations + 90 to render = 347 at a 6.7 average he will hit that the week between the 15th and 22nd of December. That will mark week 52 or 53 of this development cycle. For refence his average so far for the episode has been 6.6, so no obvious sign of a rapid improvement. I think that means it will be a year. That's 10 or 11 weeks longer than episode 9. Which was 12 weeks longer than 8 which was 7 weeks longer than episode 7. Essentially since episode 7 development time has more than doubled. Yes it's somewhat hard to quantify since he is making longer animations which may have previously been counted individually.

Best guess at this point would have to be the 8th or 15th December. He'll want to give him self time to get a patch done before Christmas again. Possible once the stills complete he'll be able to do animations slightly quicker, so maybe an optimistic view will be November. I think there is no chance of October now.

Stills chart

1694797616846.png

Animation chart

1694797666789.png

Quick forcast based on averages. As you can see the whole development has been fairly stable. (Although in fairness to DPC he hasn't been announcing regular completed numbers so there may have been peaks and dips throughout)

1694798572934.png

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes