exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I remember how much people whined about Assassin's Creed games being the same every single time. Now we've got people whining that Assassin's Creed games are Warrior Creed games and are too RPG and nothing like they used to be.

Nowadays, people whine and complain a lot about some stuff regarding BaDIK, its development, and DPC. But now I kinda wonder... would a new complaining crowd arise because fans would get a lot shorter episodes every 3 months, or would the quality of basically everything drop after DPC hired someone to help him?

Like some smart person once said, you can't please everyone, so try to please at least someone and do it your way if you are able.

That smart person was me, thank you.
For me, Ac lost its bite when, after the Desmond series, the present part that concerned the Isu was almost completely left out of the games or this content was just slapped in pointlessly, without any real connection to the story. Because this mystique was what defined the soul of this franchise for me. Without it it's just 0815 mainstream. :cry:

--

About BaDik. Of course complaint will happen. There are always people who have something to complain about. It is simply not possible to please everyone. :unsure:;)

I can handle getting one update once a year. In return, we always get a complete chapter that covers pretty much every route equally. There are many other developers there, we get a lot less in the same amount of time. I for one love BaDik as it is. A lot of Li that you can't have all at once. Each one with its own story and own lewd scene, each one of which is unique, with its own charm and attention to detail. That's why I actually enjoy playing it from scratch more often and trying out the routes that I haven't played before. It therefore also has great replay value. And that is really rare.

The game has a smart atmosphere that always captivates me. It's just a bit of a shame that the storyline has so far been carried almost exclusively through the individual characters, while to this day it's not really clear to anyone what the actually main story is. Therefore it may not be the perfect game, but it's very close to what I actually want to play. And that really means something coming from my mouth, since I'm not really into vanilla content, but rather into taboo stuff. But that depends on the atmosphere and storytelling. If the overall package is appealing, I'm happy with a lot of stuff. (y)

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
it doesn't seem to me that the size of the episode and the possible degree of branching (some quite supreflue) are an antidote to the loss of interest.

in a month or two the new chapter will arrive, why should I rush to download it? what should I expect to happen that is 'unmissable'?

little comes to mind for me today, the usual plot points that are always being put off and which, if you wait for them, will be resolved one day (or should we say one year). but apart from the faint hope of finding out what happened to James, that Sage will notice what Quinn is doing behind his back, thar Maya solves her loan problem... I see nothing
To start with, we know that as soon as ep 10 comes out you're going to start playing it right away. I don't know if it was the original business model of DPС or if it was an accident, but now the release of each episode is an event comparable to the release of a new season of Stranger Things. When we start playing, we know we're going to get high quality production.
People haven't played BAD just for the story for a long time, it's been in the background for a long time. They play for their favorite girls. The game's script has gotten really weak, but for the most part, fans don't care about that. Anything other than the storyline is being discussed in this thread. People are tired of waiting, but they keep chatting because they love this game.

There is also a lot of dissatisfaction here because of this, and I understand that: about 11 months of waiting is a shock for people and this trend is scary. The development of the next episode, which is shorter than the previous one, was only in two waiting cycles out of nine. Not everyone will be able to maintain interest in the game for such a long time.
But unlike Reddit, we at least react to it with humor. They just whine, delete posts about the game even on topic, delete “wrong” fan art. The most boring community.
I have a faint hope that it will still be limited to one year of development. I think for his business model one release per year is the best option. Otherwise there will be more whining and complaining, and patreon and steam scores will start to drop. I'd like to ask him if he'll try to keep it to one year of development or if he'll let it go.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I have a faint hope that it will still be limited to one year of development. I think for his business model one release per year is the best option. Otherwise there will be more whining and complaining, and patreon and steam scores will start to drop. I'd like to ask him if he'll try to keep it to one year of development or if he'll let it go.
So far, his Patreon is stable at 12-13k donators, and Steam sales reach their peak only after the release of the whole season, after which they usually fall. DPC doesn't marketing his game, unlike the Fresh Woman developer. So dissatisfaction may begin to have some effect if DPC start to lose his patrons, but it must be massive.
Or maybe he won’t start doing anything, he’ll write an angry letter to the audience about how bad they are and how they’re harming his business. In the end, making excuses by saying that “fans are bad” is a modern unhealthy trend.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
View attachment 2936474

Reddit periodically goes through a round of whining and complaining. I understand their frustration, but they ( and you) don't have some solution to help shorten the development time. Hiring new staff is just bullshit, it does nothing to speed up development time knowing how toxic DPС is and his zero teamwork skills.
The new animations are what makes DPС stand out from other games. A lot of other games do cinematic inserts too, but they don't have the kind of staging that DPС has. DPС apparently wants to get better with each episode and so the number of animations will increase.
Anything it could do, it has done. Branching doesn't imply shorter development time, quite the opposite.
Just think back to episode 9. In it, the player could 1) choose who would win the costume contest( that's 4-5 separate scenes) 2) the people around you reacted to whether you called Zoey an ex-girlfriend or not( that's also separate renders) 3) you could organize Halloween contests with different content( that's also renders).
Now the game just reacts to any action of the player. Theoretically, if the player sneezes, the game will remember it and react with a replica of the girl or someone else.
This is actually very cool, such immersive games are few, but it affects the development time. It is clear that 90% of players will not notice this difference and details, but it is there and it is nice.
Yeah, well, plenty of the thing in episode 9, the big content, and immersion and all the blah blah, in the end just a placebo effect.
Except with Sage. The haunted Mansion play out exactly the same way, no matter who you with, so just a placebo effect, makes you believe there is so much content.
No matter what, Bella show up at the party despite that she should not have any business to be there, except when you are on her path. But instead we get, 2 same scene with either Jill welcoming her in her Bee or her Banna custume, Placebo effect, more Render, but in reallity not more content.
Jill presence at the party purely necessary for, that scene where She , Sage and Maya talk, so they can all became BFF by realizing they all hate Tybalt, and she can join the crusade of Maya's case.

90% of the choices, in the end does not really have effect, it can't have effect, because it can't be allowed to derail the overall narrative.
so what happens when you fail the party?, nothing, you gonna make the next party anyway.

Yeah yeah, the costume competition has different outcome, where that will lead us, well probably " extra " Render, in the name of " more content ", and may be seeing that trophy in the winner girl's room, or may be not, does it really matter?.

It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the first place.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To start with, we know that as soon as ep 10 comes out you're going to start playing it right away. I don't know if it was the original business model of DPС or if it was an accident, but now the release of each episode is an event comparable to the release of a new season of Stranger Things. When we start playing, we know we're going to get high quality production.
People haven't played BAD just for the story for a long time, it's been in the background for a long time. They play for their favorite girls. The game's script has gotten really weak, but for the most part, fans don't care about that. Anything other than the storyline is being discussed in this thread. People are tired of waiting, but they keep chatting because they love this game.
I will play it sooner or later, but in no hurry.

then why shouldn't i play it? i never said it's bad, but that i've lost a lot of interest. playing it for free doesn't seem like such a big commitment to me. i will play a lot of worse games than badik...
i also watched the last season of Lost, i'll also watch the tenth chapter of BADIK.

it is of course not a change in the quality of the writing, that is more or less always the same, at the limit it could be improved by working on it. it seems to me that in general the story has lost context, theoretically anything or nothing can happen, there is no expected event in sight (like it was the hells week, the scavenger hunt, the repair of the mansion, the halloween party etc)

in the ninth chapter one was waiting for the halloween party, in the eighth for the issue of Chad and the season finale which would have involved some important choices and so on

as of today, i don't have a reason to wait for the tenth chapter, then most probably i'll find something interesting in it. if it's coming out in a month or in 2 it doesn't really change anything for me at the moment. what hype should i have? for what? because i'll see the LIs again? i'm too cynical for that

when the sixth chapter came out I was at my parents house who have a very bad connection, to download it I used to wake up and check if everything was ok, today I definitely wouldn't do that

mostar65

Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, well, plenty of the thing in episode 9, the big content, and immersion and all the blah blah, in the end just a placebo effect.
Except with Sage. The haunted Mansion play out exactly the same way, no matter who you with, so just a placebo effect, makes you believe there is so much content.
No matter what, Bella show up at the party despite that she should not have any business to be there, except when you are on her path. But instead we get, 2 same scene with either Jill welcoming her in her Bee or her Banna custume, Placebo effect, more Render, but in reallity not more content.
Jill presence at the party purely necessary for, that scene where She , Sage and Maya talk, so they can all became BFF by realizing they all hate Tybalt, and she can join the crusade of Maya's case.

90% of the choices, in the end does not really have effect, it can't have effect, because it can't be allowed to derail the overall narrative.
so what happens when you fail the party?, nothing, you gonna make the next party anyway.

Yeah yeah, the costume competition has different outcome, where that will lead us, well probably " extra " Render, in the name of " more content ", by may be seeing that trophy in the winner girl's room, or may be not, does it really matter?.

It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the frist place.
Placebo effect? Yeah, maybe. But this is similar to the "forced" kisses with all the main girls for to have a plot. Or asking Jill out for the first date. Although some players are not interested in anyone except for 1 or 2 (Josy/Maya for example) to get a solo path and to avoid to not be in "trouble" with other girls

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
For me, Ac lost its bite when, after the Desmond series, the present part that concerned the Isu was almost completely left out of the games or this content was just slapped in pointlessly, without any real connection to the story. Because this mystique was what defined the soul of this franchise for me. Without it it's just 0815 mainstream. :cry:

--

About BaDik. Of course complaint will happen. There are always people who have something to complain about. It is simply not possible to please everyone. :unsure:;)

I can handle getting one update once a year. In return, we always get a complete chapter that covers pretty much every route equally. There are many other developers there, we get a lot less in the same amount of time. I for one love BaDik as it is. A lot of Li that you can't have all at once. Each one with its own story and own lewd scene, each one of which is unique, with its own charm and attention to detail. That's why I actually enjoy playing it from scratch more often and trying out the routes that I haven't played before. It therefore also has great replay value. And that is really rare.

The game has a smart atmosphere that always captivates me. It's just a bit of a shame that the storyline has so far been carried almost exclusively through the individual characters, while to this day it's not really clear to anyone what the actually main story is. Therefore it may not be the perfect game, but it's very close to what I actually want to play. And that really means something coming from my mouth, since I'm not really into vanilla content, but rather into taboo stuff. But that depends on the atmosphere and storytelling. If the overall package is appealing, I'm happy with a lot of stuff. (y)
AC series lost me when they let go of the idea that would tie everything together. Modern AC where we don't use anymus anymore but we play as Desmond and finish the story.

That's why one of my biggest needs in entertainment of any kind (tv, trilogies, vns) is to have a story that is coherent from beginning to the end, a story that feels planned. That's why I love Mr. Robot and why I like this game. BaDIK seems, for now, to be on route to accomplish that goal but we won't know for certain till final episode hits.

As I said in one of my previous posts. I see BaDIK and DPC as Rockstar of visual novels. Huge production value? Check. Unnecessery additions to game? Check. Long waiting for an episode or a game? Check. If I can still wait for GTA 6 I will wait for once a year episode that will take me many hours of pleasent fun to finish.

Also, I really like you pointing out the lack of focus or clear showing what is the main story of BaDIK and I would like to present an option to look at it.

Maybe BaDIK is like Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Holywood. Yeah, not of the same quality by any means but the movie was criticised for the same thing. And I couldn't understand why. Sometimes story doesn't have to have a clear end goal to be enjoyable. We are just following the life and adventures of a student guy named Karol or Fuckface or God please no, Joshy. And that's alright.

Reactions: Mtmtmt007

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I think for his business model one release per year is the best option.
No, it's not. 2-3 releases per year it's the best option. That was how he get his 12k supporters in the first place: releasing more updates per year, not just 1. And thanks to that, now he has a safe net on patreon plus steam that allows him take as musch time as he want to deliver a update without lost any significant amount of money. And while this safe net is kept, he won't bother to even goes beyond 1 episode per year.

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the frist place.
Like I said it has a very high variation for a game of this genre. The game reacts to absolutely any decision the game makes. How much of that is necessary is another question. I also think that the game doesn't need that high variability, especially such a large number of local choices that are only relevant during one episode. But that variability is there and we see the consequences of our decisions. I don't mean to say it's good or bad, it's just a factor in such a long development time. And we as players don't have any solution that we can offer to DPС right now.
Of course, the game doesn't need that many variables. 90% of them are useless and only lead to chaos and disorder in the scenar
So far, his Patreon is stable at 12-13k donators, and Steam sales reach their peak only after the release of the whole season, after which they usually fall. DPC doesn't marketing his game, unlike the Fresh Woman developer. So dissatisfaction may begin to have some effect if DPC start to lose his patrons, but it must be massive.
Or maybe he won’t start doing anything, he’ll write an angry letter to the audience about how bad they are and how they’re harming his business. In the end, making excuses by saying that “fans are bad” is a modern unhealthy trend.
If it takes more than a year for one episode, there will be a big uproar not only on reddit but also in patreon. DPС will have to explain himself again and say that the game is his passion and other marketing nonsense. DPС is a human being and he feels pressure because of the deadlines and whining on his patreon page and there will be more and more of these complaints. He can say all he wants that he's independent of the community's opinion but he's not.
I'm pretty sure the Others branch wasn't planned at all originally. He once said that only Quinn would have an ending, but now it looks like all the girls from the Others' path will have an ending. He did this because of the popularity of Lily, Riona, Sara and Melanie (I bet the next episode will focus on Sara and Melanie). Now we will most likely see lewd content with Sally and Elena soon.
I will play it sooner or later, but in no hurry.

then why shouldn't i play it? i never said it's bad, but that i've lost a lot of interest. playing it for free doesn't seem like such a big commitment to me. i will play a lot of worse games than badik...
i also watched the last season of Lost, i'll also watch the tenth chapter of BADIK.

it is of course not a change in the quality of the writing, that is more or less always the same, at the limit it could be improved by working on it. it seems to me that in general the story has lost context, theoretically anything or nothing can happen, there is no expected event in sight (like it was the hells week, the scavenger hunt, the repair of the mansion, the halloween party etc)

in the ninth chapter one was waiting for the halloween party, in the eighth for the issue of Chad and the season finale which would have involved some important choices and so on

as of today, i don't have a reason to wait for the tenth chapter, then most probably i'll find something interesting in it. if it's coming out in a month or in 2 it doesn't really change anything for me at the moment. what hype should i have? for what? because i'll see the LIs again? i'm too cynical for that

when the sixth chapter came out I was at my parents house who have a very bad connection, to download it I used to wake up and check if everything was ok, today I definitely wouldn't do that
Everyone may have different reasons to play a new episode. I, for example, am interested to see the new mini-games and the new outdoor party. The Maya and Josy branch is the most interesting one for me and I will definitely play it also for those two girls.
I'm not sure about some good plot though. The ending of episode 9 was very lazy and sloppy. We learned about the hidden cameras.... Okay, we already definitely know who installed them. There's no mystery to it.
The plot ended in episode 7. From here on out, DPC is looking for ways to further develop the game. If we follow the logic of episode 9, the next arc will be the arc of the confrontation with Vinnie, but how well it will be done is a big question.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I don't know what you're talking about...
I like episode 9. Several important things happened there.
Some things were not very pleasant, I mean meeting with Vinny.
But mostly everything was fine. Fuckface and Quinn were sleeping together. It's magical. :love:
And yes, Quinn invited Fuckface to hang out in town.
Yes, yes, yes, of course he will go. Damn it, he'll run, if necessary, to the South Pole and back.:oops::eek::love::love:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
2 updates in a year with the amount of renders and content DPC adds? Yikes. Will need 8 more pcs and 4090s for that.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Until recently, I was surprised by the reaction of Josy fans to my harmless posts. Because I never said anything bad about Josy. On the contrary, I admit that she is a very beautiful and sweet girl. I just express my admiration for the one I consider the best, the most beautiful, in a word - Divine. I mean Divine Quinn. Yes, for me she is. I'm not saying that everyone should share my opinion, although it would not be bad. But Josy fans don't just express admiration for their Goddess, they don't miss the opportunity to bad mouth the other girls. Yes, most often Quinn, but others also get .
For a long time I could not understand the reason for such defiant behavior. I decided to analyze the activities of Josy's fans, and noticed that the content of most of their publications is usually either praise for Josy or abuse of one of the girls. Nothing more. Of course, the exception to this company is Dalli_x, whose posts are traditionally filled with various information, but we cannot call him a Josy fan, he is more of a fan of the Josy-Maya couple. But let's get back to the main thing, why are most of the publications of Josy fans not rich in content?! And I realized that Josy herself is actually not very meaningful. Her fans simply have nothing to discuss. They can repeat it a million times - "Alady"... But it won't make her any more interesting
To be honest, as I always do, we will find that Josy is one of the most boring characters in the game. I don't mean anything bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just a fact. Most of the characters in the game have their own story, filled to one degree or another with secrets, intrigue, or simply curious details. Bella, Sage, Quinn, Lily, Jill, even Sarah and Mell have story. But Josy has no story. There is no story. This character is always “attached” to someone. It's either Maya or Tommy. Josy character has no value to the story on its own. This character has nothing but a seductive appearance. She even gets into "Hots" only because she is Tommy's sister.
If you imagine that, due to some circumstances, Josy will drop out of the story, this will not affect the course of the story itself. Everything will go on as usual, as if nothing happened. What does this tell us? Well, the character is probably not written well enough. What could be the reason for this? DPC laziness? He can hardly be accused of laziness. Maybe he doesn't see Josy as a valuable character. Maybe it is so. It's sad to say this. I don't want to hurt the feelings of Josy fans in any way, these nice people. But I'm just looking at things soberly. No more.
Guys, take a closer look at what this one is saying! That's how they all evolve. It all starts with an innocent and funny joke, which continues a little too long. Then the joke turns into a cult, and the joker himself becomes the leader of the cult. They recruit supporters, become more and more aggressive, and finally they begin to act. See how skillfully he uses the divide and conquer technique! He chose Josy as his first target and is trying to turn everyone against her. Believe me, after he is done with her, he will not stop. Who will be the next victim of Quinn's zealots? When KARAMBA came for Josy I was silent, I'm not a big fan of Josy...

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Too rude, huh? Sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way, but I have to stay in the character. There is no compromise about Josy:)
Come on. Why this posturing ?
If you think that I was wrong, that I said something that is not true, just argue.
Perhaps your arguments will be more convincing than mine.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022

Yeah yeah, the costume competition has different outcome, where that will lead us, well probably " extra " Render, in the name of " more content ", and may be seeing that trophy in the winner girl's room, or may be not, does it really matter?.

It is about time people stop pretending that this is some kind of Witcher 3 level of immersion and all. and accept, that yes, DPC lost the track and the focus, what make the game, stand out in the first place.
7za369.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes