KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
That is 100% false she has her own story clearly
Really? Ok. I'll tell you what her storyline is. But no. Yossa has already said
Her current part in main storyline is being part of a throuple relationship
See? That's her storyline - to be some part of something out there.
But Quinn is not some part of something. She is a full-fledged and well-written character.
And even if she is an antagonist to MC, she is in any case a significant person, who has a great influence on the storyline of the game.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
Josy's story line is very much about having a complicated relationship with Tommy, Maya and the MC. I don't understand why that makes her uninteresting. The story is about the MC. If he chooses Josy that Josy is the most important character.

Depending on how you play or which girl you like it changes the story for you. It could be seen as all about Maya, since you live with her, find out her problems, Josy arrives, you get together and then you try to solve her tuition problem. It could be about Josy as you had a crush on her from the start, she arrives at the college, you get together and then you spend all of your time with her. Elena notices love between you. The DIKs fear what will happen when Tommy finds out about you and Josy. It could be all about Jill, sneaking up to meet her, the date, the picture, the moon and the recital.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Her storyline is that Tommy was her first boyfriend (that's how their parents met and later married). This explains why Josy fell for MC - he looks exactly like Tommy. Now Tommy has to deal with seeing MC date his first love, and violence may be inevitable depending no MC's choices.
yeah no Josy story is much better and far deeper then that in fact there isn't a girl with a deeper story then Josy. I don't buy the whole theory Tommy had feelings for Josy it don't make any since at all Josy hates him big time. If mc reminded Josy of Tommy she wouldn't go for him. Of course DPC likes twist but I don't see it

Reactions: Kpyna

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
See? That's her storyline - to be some part of something out there.
But Quinn is not some part of something. This is a full-fledged and well-written character.
And even if she is an antagonist MC, she is in any case a significant person, who has a great influence on the storyline of the game.
She's part of M&J storyline in the same way Quinn the part of the drugdealing storyline. And they both are parts of the free tution storyline. Quinn tries to recruit Maya to the restaurant because Maya needs free tution because Patrick has blocked her tuition money because he wants Maya to break up with Josy because Maya is in a relationship with Josy. In short Quinn is there because of Josy :)

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Josy's story line is very much about having a complicated relationship with Tommy, Maya and the MC. I don't understand why that makes her uninteresting. The story is about the MC. If he chooses Josy that Josy is the most important character.

Depending on how you play or which girl you like it changes the story for you. It could be seen as all about Maya, since you live with her, find out her problems, Josy arrives, you get together and then you try to solve her tuition problem. It could be about Josy as you had a crush on her from the start, she arrives at the college, you get together and then you spend all of your time with her. Elena notices love between you. The DIKs fear what will happen when Tommy finds out about you and Josy. It could be all about Jill, sneaking up to meet her, the date, the picture, the moon and the recital.
Oh my god...
I was talking about something else entirely.
I don't give a shit who Fuckface loved there. He can love anyone.
The question is , what interesting things can Josy 's storyline reveal to us ? The answer is simple - nothing. Zero.
Even Maya is an interesting character because there is an unresolved intrigue.
How to resolve her conflict with Patrick and the loan ?! But we don't even expect anything from Josy. She has no problems.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Quinn was there long before those three jerks showed up at this college
But her existence was meaningless. Now she has a purpose.

How to resolve her conflict with Patrick and the loan ?! But we don't even expect anything from Josy. She has no problems.
Maya and her tution crap is Josy's biggest problem at the moment. Toxic relationships are her problem, she was depressed and was about to run away until the MC finally scratched his balls and came to calm her down over the weekend. Just because it was in the first chapter a long time ago doesn't make it any less significant for the story.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
Oh my god...
I was talking about something else entirely.
I don't give a shit who Fuckface loved there. He can love anyone.
The question is , what interesting things can Josy 's storyline reveal to us ? The answer is simple - nothing. Zero.
Even Maya is an interesting character because there is an unresolved intrigue.
You sound a lot like Quinn. Either way Quinn has nothing except problems which is quite uninteresting to me, but to each their own.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So DPC will add a corruption route to Jill or are you just theorizing? I can't say that I'm a fan of that. It's enough that you will likely get the option to cheat on her with her best friend (if you are a cold bastard). Also corruption plots in these kinds of games can be very "adult gamish", i.e. unrealistic as many games on this sites are. Not that DPC can't pull something like that off but targeting Jill just because she is gentle doesn't make sense to me, and having her cheat on the MC would make even less sense. In that case it makes more sense to give Sage an NTR path. But my impression from DPC is that he neither likes nor writes any NTR for love interests. Even Zoeys story got retconned so that she never had a boyfriend in the interlude.
Zoey wasn't a retcon, the MC just misinterpreted the picture. Saying it's a retcon would be like Josy having a boyfriend was retconed to Maya in episode three. This kind of one sided miscommunication happens a lot in this game. I called the Zoey one before it happened, it should be around here somewhere.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Zoey wasn't a retcon, the MC just misinterpreted the picture. Saying it's a retcon would be like Josy having a boyfriend was retconed to Maya in episode three. This kind of one sided miscommunication happens a lot in this game. I called the Zoey one before it happened, it should be around here somewhere.
the one in the Zoey photo is not a communication problem, but a scam, a lie.

Emma posts her photo talking about how she stole her boyfriend, it's not clear yet but MC probably believes her (how naive to think that someone she had sex with could have other men...), but she didn't misunderstand anything

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
But her existence was meaningless. Now she has a purpose.

Maya and her tution crap is Josy's biggest problem at the moment. Toxic relationships are her problem, she was depressed and was about to run away until the MC finally scratched his balls and came to calm her down over the weekend. Just because it was in the first chapter a long time ago doesn't make it any less significant for the story.
Ok, each of us will still have his own opinion. I think, and I am sure, that Josy is a boring character in the context of the game. But for real life, she would probably be the best option. I don't want to, and I won't say anything shitty about her or any other girl. That's what Josy's fans do. When Soprano posts some stinky shit here depicting Quinn with a bullet in her head. Do you think Josy is an interesting character to play ? Ok. That's your business.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
the one in the Zoey photo is not a communication problem, but a scam, a lie.

Emma posts her photo talking about how she stole her boyfriend, it's not clear yet but MC probably believes her (how naive to think that someone she had sex with could have other men...), but she didn't misunderstand anything
I know how it is. I'm talking about the plot device DPC used there. He uses it quite a lot so it can be predictable. The MC saw the cluck and jumped to conclusions, but we don't know (at that moment) what the MC had seen and if he was justified in thinking that. People don't think too much about stuff and if someone says something they consider it a hard truth already.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know how it is. I'm talking about the plot device DPC used there. He uses it quite a lot so it can be predictable. The MC saw the cluck and jumped to conclusions, but we don't know (at that moment) what the MC had seen and if he was justified in thinking that. People don't think too much about stuff and if someone says something they consider it a hard truth already.
the interlude is quite confusing in terms of timing, in theory the incident in Emma's post is toward the end, so by that time MC should have already cut ties with Zoey, so it should be "a rumor" that has come to him, and at that point he doesn't really have all that much reason to investigate

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Ok, each of us will still have his own opinion. I think, and I am sure, that Josy is a boring character in the context of the game. But for real life, she would probably be the best option. I don't want to, and I won't say anything shitty about about her or any other girl. That's what Josy's fans do. When Soprano posts some stinky shit here depicting Quinn with a bullet in her head. Do you think Josy is an interesting character to play ? Ok. That's your business.
Not exactly. I think BaDIK is an interesting game to play. I mean multiple playthroughs, not just a single path. Otherwise, the experience of this game will be incomplete. Josy's playthrough is no less interestinig than Jill's or Quinn's. It's actually M&J, the player can try to pretend it's just Josy, but there's no way to have Josy and avoid Maya and vice versa. I know the guy who's very upset about this :) Anyway, arguing about the favorite girls is initially pointless.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
I am not convinced that DPC ever intended Zoey to join the story from the start, in that case it didn't matter if she had a boyfriend. It took her 8 episodes to show up and the MC talked about her in episode 2 or 3, that's a lot of time for stories and ideas to change. There are many clues that Josy is hiding a secret but we don't see any clue that Zoey is coming back until the final scene in episode 8. Either way whether it was a retcon or not it doesn't affect the story negatively and the explanation makes sense.

My point was that it is not unreasonable that Zoey would have a boyfriend when she was away for a year. The fact that DPC didn't include that in the interlude shows that he doesn't write NTR.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes