Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think the only way he'll understand how dumb that is would be if somehow he ended up on an old 12 yr old laptop unable to even launch the opening scene of his own game. Then made to understand that over 60% of users are stuck with such equipment whether for lapptops or PCs.

Thankfully that isn't my problem, but I am very much aware that not many can invest as much as I have on a system. Most people are stuck on "hand me downs" or second hand rigs or a Dell.
Same for me, game uses 35% CPU during animations now and 1Gb VRAM, so I'm safe.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
For me, and a lot of other people, 60 FPS animations in Renpy are very laggy. Renpy sucks when handling them and use a lot of extra CPU. So this means that I probably won't be able to play them if I dont transcode the videos to like VP8 and 30 fps. Or using a custom lib like the one gojira667 made for Ripples that I've succesullfy used for some other games.
This sounds a lot more reasonable than the "we don't care about quality, we just want it fast and cheap" reason some other stated. I can understand people with older PCs being worried or that it won't look good.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend
I guess he was unhappy that the animations in his game are generally pretty slow and the main character moves like a snail. 60fps should make the sex scenes more dynamic. For example, the protagonist will fuck the girl more quickly without any jagged transitions. It will be interesting to watch, but I don't think it will affect the game in any key way.
Apparently the speed of rendering animations so convinced him that he decided to increase the frame rate.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
If only we would have a martial arts contest in this next update so i can beat up more jocks, that would make my day this year.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
For me, and a lot of other people, 60 FPS animations in Renpy are very laggy. Renpy sucks when handling them and use a lot of extra CPU. So this means that I probably won't be able to play them if I dont transcode the videos to like VP8 and 30 fps. Or using a custom lib like the one gojira667 made for Ripples that I've succesullfy used for some other games.
DPC right now

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Just.... :KEK: :HideThePain: HOLY FUCK, DPC :ROFLMAO:
Now we know why we haven't got the release in July/August
Hope he will hear for feedback and just use software for interpolation, instead of using SLOW AF DAZ3D to render all those extra frames.

Anyway... don't forget that half of development cycle was done with 3090 rigs. So, EP11 and further are starting with 4090 rigs. But if he will decide to make true 60 fps animations by rendering in DAZ all those extra frames, then the dev cycle won't shorten and will still hang around 9-10 months.

I hope that reason will prevail and he will make the right choice.

Someone has to show him the difference, a video interpolated from 30 to 60 fps and a video originally made in 60 fps. If he doesn't see the difference or it will be minimal and obviously not worth months of additional development, then I think he will choose interpolation.

Damn it... I repeat it again, the poor video codec and the format it uses terribly spoils all these animations and their quality! It just useless to compress and pack all this work in VP8, lol.

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
If only we would have a martial arts contest in this next update so i can beat up more jocks, that would make my day this year.
i'm willing to use the greed pot to get two cards out of my waifus deck. I'm willing to sacrifice Maya and her stupid debt problems for a tournament or a fight against the alphas.

803fg7.jpg

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just.... :KEK: :HideThePain: HOLY FUCK, DPC :ROFLMAO:
Now we know why we haven't got the release in July/August
Hope he will hear for feedback and just use software for interpolation, instead of using SLOW AF DAZ3D to render all those extra frames.

Anyway... don't forget that half of development cycle was done with 3090 rigs. So, EP11 and further are starting with 4090 rigs. But if he will decide to make true 60 fps animations by rendering in DAZ all those extra frames, then the dev cycle won't shorten and will still hang around 9-10 months.

I hope that reason will prevail and he will make the right choice.

Someone has to show him the difference, a video interpolated from 30 to 60 fps and a video originally made in 60 fps. If he doesn't see the difference or it will be minimal and obviously not worth months of additional development, then I think he will choose interpolation.

Damn it... I repeat it again, the poor video codec and the format it uses terribly spoils all these animations and their quality! It just useless to compress and pack all this work in VP8, lol.
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.
this one went like this but the next one you will see will be faster :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Kpyna and lipe2410

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
With how much he earns on Patreon it's silly to expect him to reduce development time, for him the longer it takes, the better, if I were in his place I would do the same.

I don't doubt that he really wants to improve the game, it's his creation, it's a success, he earns a fortune for working on it, and he seems to enjoy working on it, so for him there are only positive points in taking time to complete the game, like that he will earn much more, and in the end he will still present a fantastic game, the only ones who suffer are us who are waiting to see this game complete.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
With how much he earns on Patreon it's silly to expect him to reduce development time, for him the longer it takes, the better, if I were in his place I would do the same.

I don't doubt that he really wants to improve the game, it's his creation, it's a success, he earns a fortune for working on it, and he seems to enjoy working on it, so for him there are only positive points in taking time to complete the game, like that he will earn much more, and in the end he will still present a fantastic game, the only ones who suffer are us who are waiting to see this game complete.
you're right about that, the real winners will be those who discover this complete game in 2040. :BootyTime:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes