SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
is anybody really surprised by this? like at all?? LOL

ReaperGD

Jul 29, 2020
inb4 3 days before release DPC decides he'd also put ray-tracing in those 60fps animations just to put his new pc setup to the test setting back release another 4 months

• Haha
Reactions: fraerkof

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Now we know why we haven't got the release in July/August
How do you imagine this makes any sense? Aside from his vacation, he has been and continues to spend 60+ hours a week on the game of his own time, which is completely independent of rendering time. It's not like he is drawing each frame by hand. Sure, he may have been able to reduce render time to something closer to his working time by sticking to 30 fps, but it makes little to no difference in his keyboard time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't understand what you are surprised about, we went from 7 to 11 months for no real reason, now there is a reason why we will probably go from 11 to 13. What's the problem? Everything is fine. "It will be worth it."

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
is anybody really surprised by this? like at all?? LOL
I am tbh, not because he did something that exponentially increases his work load or anything like that, but because doubling the framerate of animations was the last thing I expected him to do. I was honestly expecting him to say he created entire scenes with just animations and no still renders rather than doubling the framerate.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Gotta take the time to brag a little (through the pain) about how right I was 4 months ago about DPC always finding a new way to extend development time. It was a couple weeks after he got his new hardware and people thought this meant he would finish the episode by July. LOL. What a joke that was. Back then I optimistically said it would take at least 9 months (release in September), at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it into November. Maybe even further! Who knows at this point, not even sure if DPC does, cuz he's always waiting on the next perfectionist project to work on within the episode.

"I got some marginally better hardware to help speed up my ever-increasing development cycle? Time to double the amount of animation frames!"-DPC with a completely straight face.

OmenBR

Mar 18, 2018
60fps animations and possibly ray tracing in episode 12 might be too much for my pc.
Maybe DPC could add support for AMD FSR2.0, that would be amazing!

for real though, did we really wait an entire year for 60fps animations or am i just tripping right now?

Reactions: buggs and Redd23

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I love how DPС uses the right time for bad news. Phantom Liberty is coming out as early as Tuesday and generally no one will care anymore, they'll go off to play Cyberpunk. It was the same thing with Starfield and Baldur's Gate.
Now of course it will be harder to calculate the release time, but I'm guessing it's the end of November.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes