LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Most of those will be hit with cease and desist orders though I'd wager. Would have to use an AI that pretty much you train so other copy-written images etc aren't used.
Why cease and desist? Afaik no country has passed any laws that recognises AI training as copyright infringement.

And you could even render the first episode or two, train the AI on those and then use the AI while you just write and code(?).

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Why cease and desist? Afaik no country has passed any laws that recognises AI training as copyright infringement.

And you could even render the first episode or two, train the AI on those and then use the AI while you just write and code(?).
Oh, not really paid much attention to all that. Just remember people threatening to use a C&D. Personally, as a 3d artist myself, I doubt I would use AI. Might not be the case but it would feel risky to me.

Reactions: KaiserST

Xisorr

Apr 29, 2023
Got to admit, never saw that coming. why the fuck would you do that in the middle of an episode?

although that's likely another delay, pushing towards end of November release, my biggest fear is he does an 'Ocean' and decides to go back and re-render the whole damn game in 60FPS as a 'side project'.

Dear god no

Reactions: Remplier and VOYEUR

Lethal Flourish

Oct 8, 2021
Now, calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. He's doing the best he can shoddilyddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostilitydidildilidilly... AW, HELL-DIDDLY-DING-DONG-CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOURSELF WITH THAT DAMN ANIMATIONS. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MARTIN SCORSESE.

View attachment 2948638
Literally Me

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I copy here what I just expressed on Reddit, where I saw this newer status update just few minutes ago.

Maybe that's just me, but I could not care any less about 60 FPS animations. Or animations in general for that matter. I mean: I do not mind a few here and there, but when you put too much emphasis on something so demanding that takes so much time you could employ on more practical things... I don't see it. But again: it's his game and his vision. As long as his patrons are OK with his approach, he won't see the necessity to do things differently.

Last edited:

Murgus

May 17, 2018
I still can't understand that he is doing everything himself. Unless you are a painter or a composer it is not sustainable. Are there really no time consuming boring tasks that he could give to other people? There is some irony there in the mansion repair mini game.

wolfpackjac3

Jan 5, 2021
Most of those will be hit with cease and desist orders though I'd wager. Would have to use an AI that pretty much you train so other copy-written images etc aren't used.
That's not how it's going to work. Disney is already using AI for mass amounts of compuation. Look up how they made Elemental. It's not going to be illegal if the biggest companies also want to do it. Will be a free for all

Reactions: Howzan63

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Don't know if this is the right way DPC is going, most users already have problems with 30 fps (Faps Per Second), 60 fps will destroy a lot of users and decrease his fan bases ability to enjoy the game. :cool:

Reactions: Howzan63
Mar 2, 2022
I want to take this oppurtunity to share some numbers with everyone.

Episode 7 Frames per Day
During the Episode 7 development DPC shared animations frames developed. 85 days into development he stated 25620 were rendered.
Now that's 301 animation frames rendered per day without full resource allocation

Episode 9 Frames per Day
Now lets compare that to Episode 10 when he took his vacation and allocated all resources to animation rendering. He produced 311 animation frames per day. Now obviously the animations are higher quality in Episode 10.

Status update Episode 10

Comparing to Episode 7
From a numbers point of view with the 4090s upgrade he can only barely beat episode 7s animation frames per day speeds.
That is if he is reporting the correct numbers in his status updates. The other important note is The episode 7 animation frames per day aren't even with full 100% resource allocation to animations while episode 10 was.

Comparing to Episode 9
Between the 5th of November 2022 and the 25th of November 2022 DPC reported animations numbers without developing static renders. So we have a three week period of Animations without split resources. Three weeks also provides a large-ish sample group so we can assume the average duration is close to the overall episode 9 average.
From this we know DPC produced 27 animations in a three week period. This results in DPC producing 00:08 seconds of animation per day or 240 frames.
We know Episode 10 during his vacation produced 10.36 seconds of animation per day or 311 frames. A 23% Increase in efficiency, this is pityful when you take into consideration he now has 4090s...
Of course those 27 animations could have wildly differed from the average animation duration but because he never reports duration but count we cannot know for sure.

Conclusion
The numbers he uses to report animations are difficult to record as he very rarely will report frames or length but prefers to use count which he has further preverted with splicing animations together. His decision doesn't make sense from a number point of view unless he has omitted numbers from his status updates. Given he cannot even reach episode 7 frames per day speeds...

But overall,
3x.gif

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Man I don't even care about animations
I just want more Josy & Maya scenes there aren't enought throuple scenes imo

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes