SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I find it funny how he knew about DPC's fixation about animations but weren't as crazy to assume the madlad actually went ahead and made half of all animations 60fps.

I always played devil's advocate in the topic of DPC prolonging development because I find multiple routes worth the wait. I even defended animations before but now I find it really hard to do so.

Why? As people stated before me interpolate this shit, it's flawless. Or do a remaster with 60fps once the developement is finished.

Really, really weird.

Darius89

May 23, 2021
When this update arrives and someone here compress it does that mean these 60fps animations becomes 30fps or what?
Sorry but technological stuff are not my domain...
I simply asking beacuse my laptop is not for gaming haha so i dont believe it will run well with those 60fps animations

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Guys, the sooner you all realize that it's not in Dr. Pink's benefit to release episodes sooner, the better for your psyche. With 60 fps animations, the quality of his game will be higher while he also has a perfect justification for an additional 2 months of development.

...Win-Win for him

Lets say he makes 20k on Patreon per month, why would he release 2 episodes in lower quality within a year which would make him 240k when he can release the same episodes within 2 years and get almost 2x the amount...and no he isnt going to lose even 5% of his patreons, you are delusional if you think otherwise

And this is without even taking into account that he is most likely perfectionist freak like Ocean who wants to make his game as good as possible and will not hesitate a second to go for it if he can, at least he aint reworking his previous shit lol

He will ban the first 5 who dare to criticise him and the rest will shut it up lol, i will be the happiest dude on the server if he actually get backlashed to oblivion but lets be honest 70% of his supporters would be fine with 18 months development as long as dr pink sugarcoats it :LOL:

This is why I've always said, "Only pay for completed games!". You're an absolute idiot if you contribute to any developer. Not one single developer has an incentive to finish sooner. What stops a developer from telling the Patreons "I am doing this, that, is still a long way to go" and in realty, the project/episode was completed months ago? Patreon is a horrible system. The ones who get fucked over are the ones who pay.

are you sure? i don't remember. in the 2023 one i found:

"My main goal is to make Being a DIK as good as possible"

which, however, seems to me a completely different and contrasting purpose to yours
Non è vero

His real quote is "My main goal is to make as much money as possible. There's a sucker born every minute. I'm gonna take them for all they got!"

We're going to be dead by the time this game is completed.

Nov 12, 2020
I wonder how DPC patreons will react to this news.

Even the mostly positive subreddit was quite negative.

Furthermore, he hid this information for quite a while, I bet that if he suggested that earlier he would get lots of negative feedback from his patreons.

Lets hope someone here who is a patreon can shed some light on the situation later.
Just a bunch of guys writing the following:

"Ooh wauw jiggly things hihi! 60fps??! You're creating a movie lord Doc! PS. Please love me"

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

uhm, wont that hurt our fingers, clicking 60x per second?

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
View attachment 2948358

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Now, calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. He's doing the best he can shoddilyddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostilitydidildilidilly... AW, HELL-DIDDLY-DING-DONG-CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOURSELF WITH THAT DAMN ANIMATIONS. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MARTIN SCORSESE.

ryan-gosling-angry.gif

Aratorn

Sep 8, 2017
I take back most of what I said in favor of DPC, the decision to go to 60fps is such a moronic one...

I took a gamble and bet that the guy deserved a chance but turns out I was wrong.
I really thought that his upgrading of his hardware was out of genuine concern for the developpment cycle of his ever-growing game but no, it was mostly for the pretty colors apparently...

I would have understood it for a smaller project after BADIK is done or a side project but there's nothing that can justify this decision this late in developpment.

I really hope that his experiments with 60fps remain just that, experiments, but I doubt it...

His perfectionnism is his greatest weakness/flaw as a game dev...

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
View attachment 2948358

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
what are his new pc specs?

Reactions: Reggie32

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Let's be honest. Within a year or two this site will be overrun with games rendered using AI and they'll look as good as anything while taking half the time. And honestly, now I can't wait for it.
Most of those will be hit with cease and desist orders though I'd wager. Would have to use an AI that pretty much you train so other copy-written images etc aren't used.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes