anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Even if we are optimistic and say that the 6 animations are added to the queue so he is going at 11 animations a week that still means that beta testing can't start until mid-late November. 2 week beta testing will still mean December release.

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
Good rendering speed...But the situation is crap. If "Mr. Great Artist" listened at least a little to criticism, he would not make absurd decisions with 60FPS and we already play the update in week-two.
If he had 1 PC, we can say that it's a good rendering speed, but I think that he runs 9 warriors PC... If only 4 of them are doing the animations rendering and let's say it takes 2 days / animation, it will be 3*2*4 = 24 animations per 6 days.

We don't have all the information, but something is obviously wrong.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
If he had 1 PC, we can say that it's a good rendering speed, but I think that he runs 9 warriors PC... If only 4 of them are doing the animations rendering and let's say it takes 2 days / animation, it will be 3*2*4 = 24 animations per 6 days.

I don't know the count of his pcs, he used to have 4 PCs with 2x3090, but since you can't add 2x 4090, when he said 'I upgraded my systems' I just assumed he means he now has 4x4090, maybe one extra when he started talking about the 'Isabella' system? IDk, did he mention the total number of PCs lately? :unsure:

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem

Jamez999

Jun 30, 2021
I don't know the count of his pcs, he used to have 4 PCs with 2x3090, but since you can't add 2x 4090, when he said 'I upgraded my systems' I just assumed he means he now has 4x4090, maybe one extra when he started talking about the 'Isabella' system? IDk, did he mention the total number of PCs lately? :unsure:
It's what I did read here, many posts before. Even if he has, 4x4090 only. The numbers that he gives are ridiculous, we're talking about the best machines in the world of informatics and takes all this time to render 4s animations ? It's like he's inceasing the waiting time intentionally.

• Angry
Reactions: Lightaces

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Render rates are hard to guess because we don't know the size of the animations and rates are never set in stone. We have seen rates go all over the place like MC going from a big load of cum to a small one :ROFLMAO: At least this week DPC gave numbers not sure if they good numbers but we slowly getting closer

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

If only it were as simple as you say... Each animation is 30 frames in one second, and now 60. One frame = one render. That is, you understand that 5 seconds of animations equals 300 renders. Further, the speed depends on the complexity of the scene, the number of characters, the detail of the environment, lighting, etc.
Even on 4090, a good render can take one hour of work if your conditions are high image quality. Iray in DAZ is pretty slow, although it does some beautiful magic.
So it is very difficult to estimate the remaining time, how long each animation will be processed, even for DPC. But we don’t know his conditions at all, so we’re just guessing.

Reactions: KaiserST
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes