ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Don't forget the retarded storylines, Jill blackmail and the Maya's never ending loan.
I don't see this as a problem, as Jill's blackmail and Maya's loan emphasizes the peculiarities of these characters.
Maya has been under her father's tyranny for too long to take initiative. She doesn't even have the courage to go to a lawyer, and it's only because of Sage's insistence that she decides to go to Burke. Not surprisingly, Maya eventually admits that she likes Sage and wouldn't mind fucking her.
Jill is an overly naive and good-natured girl who tries to always be polite. She finds it hard to believe that Tybalt set it all up on purpose, but is willing to do anything to protect her friend.
You make some good points but I think there is going to be something that happens on the Others route that will be impacted by MC showing up for breakfast in the HOTs house the morning after the party, whether it's from sleeping with Quinn or with Mel/Sara, similar to some of the things that happened when he was staying with Sage after his hissy fit with Josy and Maya. If it's with Quinn then their relationship will be outed since Quinn never has a guy sleep over which would be the talk of the sorority, and with Mel/Sara you may find out more about the prostitution business including who all is participating (e.g., some girl you don't suspect asks you how much it cost you for two girls vs one since she thinks she might earn more by doing that).
We don't know anything yet. Maybe you're right about Sarah and Melanie, and I'm wrong. Episode 10 should clear things up.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't see this as a problem, as Jill's blackmail and Maya's loan emphasizes the peculiarities of these characters.
Maya has been under her father's tyranny for too long to take initiative. She doesn't even have the courage to go to a lawyer, and it's only because of Sage's insistence that she decides to go to Burke. Not surprisingly, Maya eventually admits that she likes Sage and wouldn't mind fucking her.
Jill is an overly naive and good-natured girl who tries to always be polite. She finds it hard to believe that Tybalt set it all up on purpose, but is willing to do anything to protect her friend.
have both episodes improved the way the two characters are seen by the players, or made them more interesting?
if the answer is no, for me it is, they represent a flaw. in a story anything that distances the protagonists is a flaw, unless it is a deliberate choice, but I don't see why that should be the case

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
We don't know anything yet. Maybe you're right about Sarah and Melanie, and I'm wrong. Episode 10 should clear things up.
There are several dynamics at play in the aftermath of the party. The "walk of shame" segments show Sage coming out and totally owning the DIKs, Jill is revealed as being under MC's protection and he won't allow them to badger her on the upcoming "mornings after" they will be having, Bella sneaks out (she's already had one walk of shame) so their relationship is mostly under wraps except for Nick and Sage and whoever they tell, and the Josy/Maya reveal will have a lot of tongues wagging in the DIK house. There's no telling what will happen when the DIKs see the Vixens leaving MC's room (he might achieve legendary status with having 3 girls in his bed, even though nothing happened that night, but who knows what will happen in the morning once they see his morning wood; Tara may recognize his size from the glory hole at the dorm party). I expect the HOTs to also have some drama, with only the Nicole/Lily sleepover resolving off-site from one of the frat/sorority houses. It will be interesting how DPC resolves those various location aspects in the update.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
[/QUOTE]

How do you not have a problem with it? They are absolutely ridiculous. One is more ridiculous than the other.

• Red Heart
Reactions: SomboSteel

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I expect the HOTs to also have some drama
What kind of drama can happen in HOTs ?
Fuckface spent the night in Quinn's room.
He's the King now.
smug-daniel-craig.gif
And he will come out as befits a King, with fanfare and a reading by the Court Herald of all his titles and merits.
Pr 1666.gif
The main thing is that no one would step on the long royal mantle.
Then yes, there may be drama.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
What kind of drama can happen in HOTs ?
Fuckface spent the night in Quinn's room.
He's the King now.
View attachment 3025429
And he will come out as befits a King, with fanfare and a reading by the Court Herald of all his titles and merits.
View attachment 3025437
The main thing is that no one would step on the long royal mantle.
Then yes, there may be drama.
all hail king fuckface. lord of the stable, jarl of the first diks, wielder of the nut canon, and protector of the ho's
i thought that was going to sound ridiculous but i kinda like it :unsure: :LOL:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
all hail king fuckface. lord of the stable, jarl of the first diks, wielder of the nut canon, and protector of the ho's
i thought that was going to sound ridiculous but i kinda like it :unsure: :LOL:
Long may He reign !
Together with Quinn :cautious:

sampow

May 14, 2023
There are actually two levels of perception of the game's shortcomings here. The first level is emotional, associated with a long wait. The long cinematic animations from ep 9 can hardly be called a flaw, the game didn't get worse or better with it. This is an artistic decision on the part of DPK and he has every right to do so. When we talk about long freeroams, we should also realize that this is a way for DPC to make branching easier for himself. Instead of creating a huge amount of scenes for each girl it's easier to put them in one setting where it will be much easier to realize it. This can also include mini-games, but with some caveat. In terms of gameplay design, mini-games bring variety to the gameplay. Instead of the usual kinetic novel, we get a novel with a lot of mini-games that carry different functions. The mansion repair mini-game creates the illusion that the player is really involved in the restoration of the ruined mansion and sees his contribution to this common cause. A mini-game related to math and English adds to the immersiveness of the game.
We players feel like all of this is slowing down the development process and resent it, but probably without all of this the game would feel and play differently.

The second tier can be called objective, because if DPС fixes these flaws the game will actually get better. Freerooms, minigames, animations don't make the game worse or better.
The objective flaws I would include the following:
1) Visual bugs. These include Josy's teeth, Sage's skin, Jill's smile, poor lighting in the first few episodes, rigging errors, and cloth simulation errors. These can be fixed and they all make the game worse.
2) Plot inconsistencies. Why does MC refuse to fuck Envy and Sandy after her date with Jill, but happily fucks Riona and Cammy? Why does Jill reject MC Dik even though he went on a date with her? Why doesn't the player tell Maya that Quinn wants Maya to be a prostitute. And much more.
3) Large number of variables. I've said before that I don't see the point of a large number of endings in episode 9. Variability is good, but in ep9 both the ending with vixen and the ending with Sarah and Melanie don't make sense to me. The scene with Sara and Melanie could have happened during the party, there's no need to make a whole ending out of it( unless DPC wants to make a new trouple out of them). 9 endings lead to consequences, consequences to other consequences, and so on. The code will get more complex, the inevitable consequence will be that some variables will either be ignored or DPC himself will get confused.
4) A large number of empty scenes. Scenes of course create atmosphere and the right mood, but some of them have absolutely no sense and if you remove them the game will not lose anything. For example, the scene with the conspiracy buff at the dorm party in ep8 is one of the most boring. It was just really boring. How important was the scene with Becky in ep9 and Jacob's room. The player had to walk through the whole house only to find out that Becky fell in the bathtub. It was unfunny and a waste of time.
5)The decision to make animations at 60fps is completely inexplicable to me. But it's too early to judge yet. But so far it looks like something that will take extra rendering time.

I don't mean to say that my opinion is the truth in the last instance and it's the only correct one, it's not like that. I just try to look objectively and without emotion at the state of the game. Ep9 is a bad sample for analyzing and predicting considering that it is experimental.
  1. Most visual bugs aren't that big an issue.

Neil's teeth are the most shocking to me (but who cares really, we just laugh about it).

And of course Jill's face from time-to-time, but maybe she's just an ugly smiler (plus we definitely laugh about it). I don't even think going back and fixing all those ugly Jill smiles would be a good idea. Jill fans wouldn't want her touched! :ROFLMAO:

2. These can all be answered to varying degrees of acceptance.

Regarding Sandy and Nicole, the mc had just that very same afternoon told Jill he was falling for her, and then a few hours later two woman want him to come home for a threesome. It's justified he felt a twinge on his conscience at that point (or he was still thinking about what a lovely afternoon he had) and decided against it.

But with Riona & Cammy, he doesn't get to fuck them until a week later at the party. So he went for it. Plus, fucking a girl in her room at a party (which may or may not end up in a threesome) is not the same things as going home from a bar with two women. One is really spur of the moment, the other is a little more premeditated. Not that a girlfriend would accept that differentiation. :oops:

Not sure if you're looking at the Sandy/Nicole vs Riona/Cammy thing as simply, "he did one threesome, why not the other? Doesn't make sense?!" But the timing makes a lot of sense.

If the mc is a DIK, Jill rejects him because she doesn't feel right about him. A DIK mc is too rough around the edges for her, so she gets cold feet. Just because they went on the picnic doesn't mean she absolutely must accept him. Sure we've all discussed the picnic to death, not going to the picnic means a whole bunch of shit doesn't happen and so Jill decides against being with the mc, but him being a DIK is just as much a deal breaker.

You could ask why would Jill be interested in a DIK mc in the first place, to that I'll just say, "Florence Nightingale Effect" which wore off when she got to know the real him if he was DIK (or didn't wear off in the case that he ticked all the boxes).

The obvious reason the mc doesn't tell Maya the full story with Quinn was to allow the drama to drag on, so that's not an acceptable reason, but he could just have easily decided not to tell her too much incase she starts to wonder why he knows so much about this prostitute ring. It's not too much of a stretch.

mc: "She's evil!"
    Maya: "Evil? Come on, she's just a bit...rough around the edges."
    mc: "Nope. EVIL. I know what she does with her girls."
    mc: "She uses them to earn money."
    Maya: "Uses them how?"
    mc: "Just...don't trust her, Maya. Please!"
    Maya: "Maybe I could talk to Sage, instead?"
    Maya: "She seems kind of cool."
    mc: "Yes! Sage! Do that!"
    mc: "Just not Quinn!"

He virtually tells her and then takes the easy way out:

3. Maybe you haven't enjoyed Melanie & Sarah as much as others, but their ending was hell justified. Waking up in bed with those to girls is a great ending. And the "vixen" ending was a consolation prize. If the mc went to bed on his own, that would have been a sucky ending for the party. :ROFLMAO:

Mel & Sarah don't have to be a serious path to not still be thoroughly enjoyable.

But as far as maintaining variables, it's not hard at all. Any variable that has long term issues will be highlighted, and branches with girls can't be that hard to maintain. As long as you plan shit right (and it's not like DPC is smashing this shit out over the weekend, he's taking months to get it right). So far there's been no evidence that he's lost track of previous plot aspects, so I don't see that being an issue until it is an issue.

4. All of those scenes you're complaining about are just scenes that didn't appeal to you. None of them bothered me at all. I didn't like how Becky has become the butt of jokes though, but no big deal.

5. DPC's already mentioned that animations are rendering faster at 60fps on his new equipment than the previous animations were rendering on his old equipment. The biggest risk here that others have mentioned is it might not play to well on older hardware.
So really, the only real flaws you've mentioned are the occasional graphical issues on some renders. But I'll concede the biggest plot flaw is Maya's loan. It was criticised when it first surfaced, and DPC tried to have Maya clarify it later only to further make it less likely. But it'll probably turn out her dad was bluffing and Maya is clueless.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
If the mc went to bed on his own, that would have been a sucky ending for the party. :ROFLMAO:
I can attest to that. Another reason I absolutely hated 9. Only bright points was breaking Derek's heart(Zoey is my best friend) and punching Vinny.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
mc: "She's evil!"
Maya: "Evil? Come on, she's just a bit...rough around the edges."
mc: "Nope. EVIL. I know what she does with her girls."
mc: "She uses them to earn money."
Maya: "Uses them how?"
mc: "Just...don't trust her, Maya. Please!"
Maya: "Maybe I could talk to Sage, instead?"
Maya: "She seems kind of cool."
mc: "Yes! Sage! Do that!"
mc: "Just not Quinn!"
People rag on how dumb they think Jill is yet never bring up the level of cluelessness Maya has to exhibit to not pick up on the 20-ton hint MC just dropped on her.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
People rag on how dumb they think Jill is yet never bring up the level of cluelessness Maya has to exhibit to not pick up on the 20-ton hint MC just dropped on her.
Nah man, Maya isn't dumb
She just pretended to be at times because she knows most men are intimidated by smart, beautiful women like her
But it's a good thing I'm not
I love girls who are smart
Almost as much as I love girls with small boobs

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes