Sep 14, 2023
it won't be that long. Plus the update is huge and worth the wait
Well, DPC said that he'll probably be finished with all the rendering by middle of next month or so, and then add two weeks of beta testing and bug fixing, this places the probable release date is in early December, basically a 12 month release cycle, and unless DPC decides to start chopping down some of those branches he's only going to have more shit to do next update, which will take longer. This update is already much larger than his early April or so guesstimates he gave, and it's not the first time he's displayed a tendency to grow the size of episodes during development, it's a clearly established pattern of behavior with DPC at this point.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
December-December. Certainly looks like 12 months to me, and the pace of release has never sped up between episodes, so there will not be a release in 2024.
While that's true, the same goes for the amount of content provided. Every update has more renders, animations etc. compared to the previous one. Just yesterday I tried explaining to some dude who accused DPC of milking in another game's thread that people can't expect a 5-6 month development cycle as for example in Episode 5, when he's more than doubled the amount of renders&animations, dialogue, coding...and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer updates the size of Episode 5, and DPC going back to 5-6 month cycles instead of the current monstrosities, but some people in this thread are actually failing to use their heads. That's not aimed at you, I'm just saying.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
While that's true, the same goes for the amount of content provided. Every update has more renders, animations etc. compared to the previous one. Just yesterday I tried explaining to some dude who accused DPC of milking in another game's thread that people can't expect a 5-6 month development cycle as for example in Episode 5, when he's more than doubled the amount of renders&animations, dialogue, coding...and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer updates the size of Episode 5, and DPC going back to 5-6 month cycles instead of the current monstrosities, but some people in this thread are actually failing to use their heads. That's not aimed at you, I'm just saying.
I've been one of DPC's staunchest defenders in the past (especially in the build up to ep 9), however this cycle has clearly had DPC extending the wait. Back in August/September he spent a week doing nothing except polishing a playthrough he had just tested. That's something he usually leaves to the end of development as he waits for animations to complete (which is exactly what he is doing now), so there was absolutely no reason to take a week out of development to polish that playthrough that early (he made no mention of rendering, coding or posing happening that week). And of course there's the switch to 60 FPS which offers a minimal improvement to the game, but could actually cause a lot of people with poor equipment to be unable to play the animations properly.

Sep 14, 2023

I have never accused DPC of milking, he's clearly working on the game, and I like the updated graphics, and I'm not even complaining that it doesn't take 6 months per update, but the proposition that it's worth extending the development cycle for several months because DPC wants to put 60 fps animations in the game tells me that he's somewhat lost the plot.

And I'm just going to bet here that a lot of the new animations are going to be standing animations (or whatever it should be called) like for Heather in E9, it doesn't really make the game better, it's not why anyone is interested in the game, it's just fluff that might look nice but you won't think twice about it, and you wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there. I'm frustrated about that, I wish that DPC would stop dicking around with things that I don't think are important. Just my personal opinion, and it's fine if you disagree with it, but if the update takes 12 months I would prefer that it had 12 months worth of content, the earlier episodes managed to have more gameplay per render, it was more dialogue focused, and I prefer that.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don't think are important. Just my personal opinion
Exactly that and while others may agree or disagree, none of our opinions matter to dpc. Only thing that matters to him is his own opinion. Which is fine. I personally don't care what he adds or how long it takes. I know at some point, I'll be able to play it. Unless my ticket gets punched before the release, in that case, I'll never play it. :ROFLMAO:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I've been one of DPC's staunchest defenders in the past (especially in the build up to ep 9), however this cycle has clearly had DPC extending the wait. Back in August/September he spent a week doing nothing except polishing a playthrough he had just tested. That's something he usually leaves to the end of development as he waits for animations to complete (which is exactly what he is doing now), so there was absolutely no reason to take a week out of development to polish that playthrough that early (he made no mention of rendering, coding or posing happening that week). And of course there's the switch to 60 FPS which offers a minimal improvement to the game, but could actually cause a lot of people with poor equipment to be unable to play the animations properly.
Meanwhile, my ass over here following developers who release 300 renders in 11 months compared to the 2 months they needed for that exact same amount of content 5 years ago.

A week doing nothing, oh hell no! I'm sorry, not trying to meme on your post, but y'all have no idea how good you have it with DPC if you ask me. lol

Doesn't mean I disagree with the 60fps animations. That one certainly is a waste of time.

• Angry
Reactions: CJlOHNK and rockie

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
This is precisely the consequence of his confusion with the script, which I've already mentioned several times. He spent 2 weeks after his vacation trying to figure out his flowchart, which probably has so many variables, choices and consequences that it took him so long to understand. Also by DPС's own admission it was only when he reached about 70-80% of development that he was able to figure out what he wanted.
This guy has a completely wrong and chaotic approach to scripting. I would suggest him to use classical script writing instead of chaotic flowchart and follow it only, it will firstly help him to avoid plot bloopers and inconsistencies and secondly it will save him a lot of time.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I love ma boi, Derek. But hell no to the Veep position for him. If I were Prez i'd want some one who was competent and trustworthy.
Jam Jam being as stupid as he is, is a better choice. I'd probably end up kicking Derek out. ;) Nah. Not really.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes