Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Dawe: stop it darkwen! we sent anthony out to buy microphones for karaoke night..... anyone could have made that mistake!......totally not gay! :oops:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Then explain why they used :sneaky: , I'm sure Areith wouldn't like having a used dido in her just to hide your tiny dick:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
My main playthrough is as a manwhore DIK, focussing on Quinn, but fucking anything that came across the mc's path. That save has all the minigames enabled and all that. In that playthrough the mc did all the crazy shit, fucked as any strippers as possible, had his cock projected during Tybalt's presentation, fucked jade and shared it with the DIKs, all the good shit.

Then I went back and just did a speed run on the other paths without minigames, skipping text that I've already read (takes about an hour to get to the end of season 2 - that's running on a 3070 ti).

But I ran those all together (so the mc was on all of the main LIs paths at the same time), meaning I had to choose between all of the LIs at the end of episode 8. That means he was seen by Jill fucking Bella on the Bella branch and so on. I don't have a Bella only run etc.

So by the end of season 2, I had an export for each of the main girls and one for the "Others" (Quinn) branch.

But I don't have individual exports for every permutation of every little thing, that would be insane.

I do have various saves along the way that would allow me to go back and make a different choice if I later found out it had fucked me up for good, but, for example, where the mc got a blowjob from Cathy and we find out that it later screws things up with Bella, I just changed the Cathy variable before that Bella scene and kept going (I'm not repeating all that shit just because Cathy feels the need to remove her underwear when giving a blowjob :rolleyes:).

I reckon you guys are conflating boring in the game vs boring in real life. Josy could be considered boring in the game because she hasn't got any drama. That doesn't make her a boring person, it just makes her story arc boring. But in real life, she doesn't look like she'd be boring. She comes across as a fun easy going person. Unless you want needless drama in your life...

Here's a list I wrote ages ago about Josy's traits (mind you it's over 2 years old now).
  • She has a good sense of humour:
    • "Yeah! I give a pretty big fucking diarrhea shit about you!" - that seriously cracked me up, such a good tension breaker.
  • She's not judgemental:
    • She thought the mc had a motorbike but laughed it off when she found it was just a push bike.
  • She talks a lot.
  • She can't cook for shit.
  • She enjoys wine over beer.
  • She enjoys drinking but not until she's legless.
  • She loves her dad and considers herself a daddy's girl.
  • She doesn't like her step-parents (Monica and whoever married her mom).
    • She blames Monica for the family breakup and kinda gives her dad a free pass.
  • She doesn't like her step-brother.
  • She makes friends easily.
  • She's supportive towards her friends:
    • She's been helping Maya all along.
    • She consoles Jill even when they are competition.
    • Tommy's balls are still in his stomach after she put the boot to them for giving the mc a shiner.
  • She's relatively truthful (she even admits when she's in another relationship to the mc).
  • She's very sexual:
    • She's horny.
    • She likes making out.
    • She likes fucking.
    • She likes the mc's cock.
    • She likes girls.
    • She enjoys sex with a risk:
      • The threesome outdoors with Maya.
      • Sex in the HOTs pool area.
  • She doesn't like growing up.
  • She stands up for herself:
    • She told her dad off about Monica (she was probably out of line there).
    • She doused the jock that was harassing her at the HOTs' party.
    • She told Maya off for being a bitch to her.
  • She's typically positive (but she can have her down moments).
  • She's ridiculously cute.
  • She's a little self conscious about her height.
  • She's self conscious of her "small" breasts (fuck, they are perfect for her size).
  • She cums quickly (and is embarrassed about it).
  • She feels self conscious about wearing slutty clothes (but she'd definitely not averse to wearing g-string).
  • She's insecure in her love life.
    • She's afraid to end up alone (relationship-wise).
  • She's jealous of the mc and Jill.
  • She enjoys the MC's guitar playing.
  • She's not afraid to try new things:
    • She'll brave skinny dipping in public.
    • Not sure if she'd had a lesbian relationship before Maya but she's the one who instigated it.
    • She's the one who dragged the mc to the gym to sign up.
    • Ok, she was pretty fucking afraid on the water slide!
  • She's somewhat responsible (held down her own jobs).
  • She wants to talk when there are issues rather than just simmer.
  • She's good at hiding (DnG).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm ... so then you basically just choose what permutation you want to see and go with it. I see. What I'm trying to do is basically FIT all that shit into as little runs as possible. Which is why I ended up with a crazy (and incomplete) road map of it and that was before Ep 9. I have no plans to finish it and I have no plans to actually do all of those runs lol.

Also I agree, Josy is a pocketful of sunshine. If Josy and Maya weren't a package deal, she'd be number one in my book without a doubt. I've honestly kinda lost interest in the main LIs and find the side characters more interesting but the only reason I lost interest in Josy is because we have to deal with Maya.

Joshy, if you're reading this then I'm sorry. Maya is great in small doses and it's more than fine for her to be your favorite. I just personally think she just SUCKS. (And not in the good way). I'm already a pretty gloomy and negative person, I don't need another one hanging around. LOL.
A large number of empty scenes. Scenes of course create atmosphere and the right mood, but some of them have absolutely no sense and if you remove them the game will not lose anything. For example, the scene with the conspiracy buff at the dorm party in ep8 is one of the most boring. It was just really boring. How important was the scene with Becky in ep9 and Jacob's room. The player had to walk through the whole house only to find out that Becky fell in the bathtub. It was unfunny and a waste of time.
I guess the argument for those empty scenes is that they would "make the world feel more immersive". The conspiracy theory guy probably didn't take that long to produce so it's whatever but the Becky thing really did feel kind of pointless. I was half-expecting to get an option to bang her at the end of all of it with all the wandering around we had to do. Or at least something non-lewd but eventful other than "she walks back home in a huff".

Plot inconsistencies. Why does MC refuse to fuck Envy and Sandy after her date with Jill, but happily fucks Riona and Cammy? Why does Jill reject MC Dik even though he went on a date with her? Why doesn't the player tell Maya that Quinn wants Maya to be a prostitute. And much more.
Rather than plot inconsistencies, what bothers me is the lack of actual consequences. I think the only real time something the MC did had a drastic outcome and that was hooking up with Cathy in Bella's car. Other than that, what else has happened?

Action - MC hooks up with Jade and tells Derek. Stephen gets his hands on the video.
Result - We get a little glare from him and then we move on. Maya gets rejected for the scholarship regardless of how Stephen feels about the MC.

Action - MC has the option to cheat on the midterms at the end of Ep 8
Result - Nothing yet but if it leads to something then it's going to be cataclysmic and you'll now have to go back at least 2 episodes (if something starts brewing in Ep 10) to undo that.

Action - MC hooks up with both Jade and Sage. Breaks things off with Jade to be with Sage.
Result - Angry, coming off as vindictive Jade. Then ... nothing really. She's really angry with you. That's pretty much it. More "we have to keep this a secret".

Action - MC punches Tybalt. He threatens legal action to blackmail Jill.
Result - Jill grows a pair and MC gets off scot-free.

The list goes on. I don't actually want to see "Game Over" or "Bad Ending" events. Plus the shitstorms those would all be would just be a boring ass story, frankly. Those are just the extreme examples. It's just that it feels like there's no actual choices to make, it's more like an illusion of choice and we're all just kinda stuck on this plot train.

Sara and Melanie could have happened during the party, there's no need to make a whole ending out of it( unless DPC wants to make a new trouple out of them)
I mean ... it'd be a pretty interesting throuple. Just saying.

As for some other things you addressed:
- I might get flak for this but I personally like the mini-games. (Except for the English tests) It's probably not a popular opinion but it makes replays a little more entertaining.

- Free roams make the amount of play time almost feel deceptive. Of course you're going to take 2 hours for each run! You have to do all this click, click, clicking around again and again. They have their time and place and I do enjoy them but making an episode essentially one giant free roam is just torture. It feels like a chore rather than something you'd want to do in your leisure time. I hope it was just a one-time thing because it was the long-awaited Halloween party. The day-to-day flow of events is what I enjoyed about BADIK and free roams felt more like breaking up the monotony of a VN and also a big one to signal the finale of a chapter. There's just not much story/character development when it all happens in the span of a few hours. Even there is, it feels almost "cheap" because you're given eventful scenes in the form of quick flashbacks.

- Rather than the mini-games and free roams, I feel like what's slowing down the process are the animations. I'm not referring to the 60FPS matter either. For maybe the past 2 or 3 dev cycles, it seems like DPC has most of it down by the 7th month and then it's the static renders/animations that really hold things up. Not stating a fact, it's just this deja vu vibe I get at that point in development.

- Except for the opening for Ep 9, I barely noticed a lot of the non-lewd animations. Therefore, I personally feel like increasingly more animations are the biggest time sink and don't make much of a difference anyway. It's a waste of time. I think when people get disheartened to hear about DPC announcing he's working on his latest new side feature within the game, it's more because I'm already taking the massive chunk of time all those not-yet-posed renders and animations are going to take up into consideration.
Also, I understand that this is just what DPC wants to do because he feels like this will somehow take it the next level or whatever's going on his in crazy birthday cake head. I'm just saying, I already felt there was a lot depth in the game without a lot of these animations and massive amount of renders.

(I really gotta find a way to make my points more succint. I hate that I always end up writing these long-ass essays.)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes