Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
So since the release date of ep 10 of Being a DIK is in 08 December 2023, how long usually does it take Scrappy to release Mod update for the new ep??? Thanks
Depends on his schedule. Not like he sets on his ass twiddling his thumbs waiting on a release. :ROFLMAO:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So 8th December it is... Fuck... Just how I predicted, even though I was really hoping to be proven wrong...

Anyway, what would you guys want to see the most in the new update?
For me it would be:
- Sage path: more heartwarming boyfriend/girlfriend stuff;
- Josy & Maya path: larger amount of Josy scenes separate from Maya (a break up between them would be perfect, but I don't count on that, it's too soon);
- Others path: more Riona content (not only sexual, but also romantic) plus MC being able to help Quinn with drug dealing if he slept with her after the Halloween party;
- Jill path: possibility of cheating on Jill with Bianca;
- more with Heather, maybe a possibility to actually fuck her behind Tommy's back;
- more with regular girls outside of the HOTs and main LIs.
Honestly, I just have such low expectations at this point that I just want it to not suck. It's also one of the reasons why I'm kind of indifferent about the release date being a week later than what everyone wanted.

As long as it doesn't suck, it's going to be a good update. That's how low the bar is right now for me.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Could it be more than 2 weeks?
I only vaguely remember when Ep 9 came out last time so don't quote me on this. But I think he made an initial update that provided basic functionality like the walkthrough and getting rid of DPC's anti mod code during the weekend. Then subsequent updates/game breaking fixes throughout the following week or two.

As long as you're not playing multiple paths per run, you'll probably just need to sit tight for a day or two. He's usually pretty damn fast when it comes to the initial mod update.

I can't say for sure that it will come out that fast and that it won't break things but I remember being able to just play it with the mod only a few days after the episode comes out.

Reactions: Lidaweeb

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
This is either a DPC joke or purposely pissing off Quinn fans... It doesn't make sense... I like Rio but Quinn is a "bigger" character...
Rio is a popular character that got only got a small amount of screentime last episode and no sex scenes. Quinn may be a bigger character but she is still a side girl in the others route same with Rio. It makes a lot of sense to replace Quinn on the banner every so often with other popular side girls like Rio and Lily.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Could it be more than 2 weeks?
I have no idea. I use Sancho1969's mods and he tries to get them out as fast as he can. But it also depends on his schedule and if there's been a shit-ton of changes. But generally, the modders try to get things out on a timely basis.
Yeah, there's really no way of providing an ETA, ever. I have some updates that take 2hrs and some that take a week. It depends on the amount of features the mod has to update and verify their continued integrity, how many new features are going to be implemented, how long it takes to review and analyze the VN's changes and new content for bugs, all new variable and conditional analysis to outline new guide code, etc, etc.

It's like asking the chicken/egg question... your guess is as good as mine and why I'm always transparent in all of my mod's threads as I progress through updates. I give folks the good, bad, and ugly as I work through updates so they have a general idea of where I'm at, what's going on, and where we set. Make sense?

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Honestly, I just have such low expectations at this point that I just want it to not suck.
Huh, as critical as I am of DPC, I wouldn't really say I have low expectations. DPC has always produced interesting episodes, the worst thing about his worst episode was just how it was 90% free roam. If I could ask for anything, it would just be for him to cut the fat (unnecessarily long animations, 60 fps animations, etc) and make shorter development times, I completely trust him with the storytelling aspect.

Lidaweeb

Dec 27, 2022
I only vaguely remember when Ep 9 came out last time so don't quote me on this. But I think he made an initial update that provided basic functionality like the walkthrough and getting rid of DPC's anti mod code during the weekend. Then subsequent updates/game breaking fixes throughout the following week or two.

As long as you're not playing multiple paths per run, you'll probably just need to sit tight for a day or two. He's usually pretty damn fast when it comes to the initial mod update.

I can't say for sure that it will come out that fast and that it won't break things but I remember being able to just play it with the mod only a few days after the episode comes out.
Thanks a lot, this is the answer i was looking for cause i always just play 1 path which is my main and only path actually, i don't really play any other paths or do multiple saves and all so it won't be a problem

Reactions: allanl9020142

popololo133

Aug 24, 2020
does making a save from season 2 work on season 3? what if i used mods on season 2 does it still carry over?
Made compressed Android ports of Being a DIK S1 & S2 v0.8.3 and S3 v0.9.1 with the multimod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Due to the size of Being a DIK S1 & S2, I've split it out so you will need to install the apk, run it to get it to create the game folder that can be found in your Documents folder: Documents/Eonor/e.beingadik.s1/game. Then move the archive.rpa file into that folder and re-run the port.

Season 3 requires that you load a save from Season 2 and I haven't been able to properly test that yet. If it doesn't work, there are save files I knicked from elsewhere on this thread that you can add to Documents/Eonor/e.beingadik.s3.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Being a DIK S1 & S2 v0.8.3: Pixeldrain -

Being a DIK S3 v0.9.1: Pixeldrain

Being a DIK S3 save files: Pixeldrain

Edit 30/09/23: Updated the S1 & S2 port to resolve an issue that would close down the port at the end of Episode 7

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
And no Quinn, some people here are getting mad lol.
The deluded "Quinn is a LI" simps are gonna have a heart attack now that an official DPC Ep10 poster has RIO as the 6th girl in it. <Kicks the hornets nest and runs away> :ROFLMAO:
This is either a DPC joke or purposely pissing off Quinn fans... It doesn't make sense... I like Rio but Quinn is a "bigger" character...
Quinn fans will note, doubtless with a not inconsiderable amount of satisfaction, that: Quinn appears in the main banner announcing the episode's release date (usually indicative of there being substantial content for said girl). Switching up the face of the Others' branch is no big deal, it's the content that matters, and all signs point to it being a big episode for Quinn.

Also, seriously, I can't believe there's anyone left at this point who genuinely still doubts that she's a bona fide LI. Talk about delusional. :rolleyes:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes