TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't think so. Cathy excludes Burke by not telling him anything, not as a matter of authority, if she had then decided to punish Rusty we do not know if she would have had to go through Burke's judgement. The question of the photo remained essentially private.
Bro you are in worse-that-Maya's-tutition-territory. :D

There is just no way, that Burke didn't know that his wife's best friend had a nude picture leaked while hard copies were all over college. How many students would he have to have asked before one of them told them "Ohh, the DIK's leaked it".

We should really take the game at face value in this case; Burke's power stops at students who recieve scholarships. It's how he got involved with both Chad and Maya.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
If that would've been Sage's intention she surely would've waited 2 minutes.

Nobody said you have to pretend it never existed, just acknowlege what it's main purpose was.

Same as before, we have to wait and see until we get more info on what Sage actually knows.

And "great writing" is a high bar, I think most would be happy already if stuff like Maya's tuition or Tybalt's blackmail wouldn't dictate so much of the plot. To me the writing was always "just fine", but if flows well with the overall theme.
So according to you, Sage wouldn't fucked MC in front of everybody. She would have backed out, despite saying things to MC like "you pull your dick out or I'll do it." Then, why DPC decided to introduce Jacob in the scene? It would be easier just a scene of sudden regret like the one of Josy in the first date. "Actually, we can't do this, is too risky". Or just a scene of a kissing and groping session on the dance floor. It would reached Chad it would be more than enough to make him react, if that was Sage's target.

DPC writing in general is bad (even if in ninety percent of the games on this forum it is even worse. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king), and it's getting worse. In the latest update, MC dialogues are becoming more and more boring. There are hardly any funny or witty moments when he talks to Sage, Bella, Jill or Zoey, for example; and more and more things happen without MC intervention. The girls' problems fix themselves, like Jill offering Maya her lawyer. MC is increasingly a bystander in the plots, and this is a game, not a movie or a novel. MC is the Main Character and the Player. Things must happen because of him or at least he must have an important intervention. Otherwise, what is he for? And yes, that makes MC a Mary Sue, but then again, it's a game. Aren't Mary Sues Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, Geralt of Rivia, and so many other video game characters, like super heroes, who spend their time saving the day? It's no fun playing as a character, seeing how he's just a supporting character in the plot.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
yeah the writing wasn't the top we all can agree (unless Dalli think too deep hell even DPC didn't think of friction Dalli think
he made lily undercover spy for burke :ROFLMAO: but he give you something to read and it's fine he maybe right)
now for sage scene she clearly in my point of view was trying to help MC with his struggles because well he did help her and want to help him in a way with movie in HOT's house any kind of help would be good and also we all know words in HOT's house spread so fast so if they got caught Chad will know (we seen it in EP8 when she confront him about cheating he said he knew
so Yeah you know when a guy do some stupid shit to help you? you know that friend i guess some of us know
i have one too so yeah having dumb shit done to make you laugh or something is good way ( not wayy to dumb tho)
Yea and it's not about looking for flaws in the writing, most here have very reasonable expectations and we take the game for what it is, an adult novel.

The stuff that makes no sense to begin with, like Maya's tuition or reading the diary 1 page per episode and ignoring the picture that comes with it, are prime examples where it's just too much. It's hard to justify it and yet it drags out and out and the very long development time sure doesn't help, because you get reminded of them again and again.

Overall DPC's writing is fun, easy to digest and it comes with good pacing, and that's good enough for me, but man some of those stories make you wanna rip out your hair.

Reactions: KaiserST

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
Yea and it's not about looking for flaws in the writing, most here have very reasonable expectations and we take the game for what it is, an adult novel.

The stuff that makes no sense to begin with, like Maya's tuition or reading the diary 1 page per episode and ignoring the picture that comes with it, are prime examples where it's just too much. It's hard to justify it and yet it drags out and out and the very long development time sure doesn't help, because you get reminded of them again and again.

Overall DPC's writing is fun, easy to digest and it comes with good pacing, and that's good enough for me, but man some of those stories make you wanna rip out your hair.
like Tybalt calling Jade mommy and stephen daddy in front of people thats sooo brat like
there are some poor writing here and there but never boring
except Gen studies thats just pure boring to listen and watch
it's sooo bad

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bro you are in worse-that-Maya's-tutition-territory. :D

There is just no way, that Burke didn't know that his wife's best friend had a nude picture leaked while hard copies were all over college. How many students would he have to have asked before one of them told them "Ohh, the DIK's leaked it".

We should really take the game at face value in this case; Burke's power stops at students who recieve scholarships. It's how he got involved with both Chad and Maya.
Why should Burke, or the college in general, intervene if Cathy does not press for it?

Regardless of Burke's role, if it were an issue for the college someone would intervene. So it still doesn't prove anything about Cathy's or Burke's importance.

Reactions: dalli_x

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
So according to you, Sage wouldn't fucked MC in front of everybody. She would have backed out, despite saying things to MC like "you pull your dick out or I'll do it." Then, why DPC decided to introduce Jacob in the scene? It would be easier just a scene of sudden regret like the one of Josy in the first date. "Actually, we can't do this, is too risky". Or just a scene of a kissing and groping session on the dance floor. It would reached Chad it would be more than enough to make him react, if that was Sage's target.

DPC writing in general is bad (even if in ninety percent of the games on this forum it is even worse. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king), and it's getting worse. In the latest update, MC dialogues are becoming more and more boring. There are hardly any funny or witty moments when he talks to Sage, Bella, Jill or Zoey, for example; and more and more things happen without MC intervention. The girls' problems fix themselves, like Jill offering Maya her lawyer. MC is increasingly a bystander in the plots, and this is a game, not a movie or a novel. MC is the Main Character and the Player. Things must happen because of him or at least he must have an important intervention. Otherwise, what is he for? And yes, that makes MC a Mary Sue, but then again, it's a game. Aren't Mary Sues Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, Geralt of Rivia, and so many other video game characters, like super heroes, who spend their time saving the day? It's no fun playing as a character, seeing how he's just a supporting character in the plot.
As for Sage, probably 3 years of college expirience gave her pretty good insight on what would happen if she pushes her agenda, once she got what she wanted, she left.

And DPC's writing, well as I just wrote, for my taste, its adequate for what he wants to do. Sometimes it make me chuckle, sometimes the characters feel very well written and sometimes it's a facepalm.

Maybe our expectations are just different, and it's personal preference wether the writing is too much of a turn-off for you.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Why should Burke, or the college in general, intervene if Cathy does not press for it?

Regardless of Burke's role, if it were an issue for the college someone would intervene. So it still doesn't prove anything about Cathy's importance.
Because a student just humiliated the faculty ? What do you think would have happend in real life in that situation ?

And Im not saying Cathy was a professor with high authority, I'm saying neither is Burke.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dick

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Because a student just humiliated the faculty ? What do you thing would have happend in real life in that situation ?

And Im not saying Cathy was a professor with high authority, I'm saying neither is Burke.
Yes, but if no one intervenes, that does not prove that there is someone above Burke.

I believe that in that situation in reality the problem would almost entirely lie with the teacher, whose professionalism is being questioned anyway. In fact Cathy decides to move on.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yes, but if no one intervenes, that does not prove that there is someone above Burke.

I believe that in that situation in reality the problem would almost entirely lie with the teacher, whose professionalism is being questioned anyway. In fact Cathy decides to move on.
Agreed on the first, but what we do know is that there have to be several above him. The dean, Vice-dean, head of admission, heads of departments and so on. It's not like he doesn't have any title to his name, they just put him very low on the hierachy.

And I think in real life, there would be a hearing which determines if the student should be expelled or not.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
1701947482420.png

Gentlemen, it has been a pain in the ass waiting a whole fucking year for this update with you, but no more!

No more waiting, no more bad news, no more retarded DPC's posts!

I wish you all a good friday and may you all enjoy the episode, because I sure as hell will.

Beware spoilers, get your download here and then scram, don't risk it.

To our dear Mods in this thread (and the F95 servers lol), good luck!

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
View attachment 3150961

Gentlemen, it has been a pain in the ass waiting a whole ass year for this update with you, but not more!

No more waiting, no more bad news, no more retarded DPC's posts!

I wish you all a good friday and may you all enjoy the episode, because I sure as hell will.

Beware spoilers, get your download here and then scram, don't risk it.

To our dear mods in this thread (and the F95 servers lol), good luck!
Just think about it, tomorrow at this time, you'll already be playing Being a DIK Episode 10 and reading new rooster posts !

• Yay, new update!

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I forgot that I got a new pc, and I havent played this game ever since. I have no saves, what means I wont have saves to play the new update lol.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
usually mods uploaded in their fourm of mods not here first right? so i will bookmark Sancho1969 and scrappy
fourms and check first page for editing time to avoid any spoilers
That works.

Direct mod thread links for both productions:

SanchoMod for Being a DIK series: SanchoMod
Scrappy's mod for Being a DIK series: Scrappy

Regards.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Probably been asked a bunch of times already, but at 12920 pages, I ain't checking, but what's the first playthrough you lot are planning to go through when Ep 10 drops?

Neutral Quinn route for me.

Xxriz

Oct 24, 2022
My number #1 game ,it has everything what i want in a AVN , can't wait for episode 10 ,anyway can some one offer some other games similar to this one just not University of problems ,college bound ,and that one from drifty cuz i already played those Thanks

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes