Caryland

May 23, 2020
I don't post much about stuff here, and I'm sure this has been brought up already, but I just got to the 'new and improved' brawler game, and wow, it's terrible now. Like I get what he was trying to do with it, but this is a VN. Casual, laid back gaming. The brawler thing with it's time limits and button mashing totally doesn't mesh at all with the game. I get that it was easy before, but again, its a VN! It was just a total nope for me.

Reactions: Gunizz

Funerals

Oct 24, 2019
I'm literally stuck in episode 9 party, I can't progress by Talking to Sage, she's not in the upstairs room on the right, I have no other optional tasks, I've explored every room, there's literally nothing to press.

Allen0206

Jan 4, 2020
did you take it of
I don't post much about stuff here, and I'm sure this has been brought up already, but I just got to the 'new and improved' brawler game, and wow, it's terrible now. Like I get what he was trying to do with it, but this is a VN. Casual, laid back gaming. The brawler thing with it's time limits and button mashing totally doesn't mesh at all with the game. I get that it was easy before, but again, its a VN! It was just a total nope for me.
did you take it off of hard, the default is hard.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Hey guys, any solid theories on the meaning behind MC's nightmare in the tent after the Thanksgiving party?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the cryptic flashback combined with the music was the most thought-provoking part of the episode for me.

hey bros, this brawler is getting on my nerve... any cheat to increase skill points. p.s- its to beat the coach and unlock special attack
Screenshot_92.png

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Hey guys, any solid theories on the meaning behind MC's nightmare in the tent after the Thanksgiving party?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the cryptic flashback combined with the music was the most thought-provoking part of the episode for me.
The flashback came out of nowhere and in such an odd way that it can only rise questions and eyebrows. I want to believe it is plot relevant and not just a funny thingy DPC has done, but who knows.

I believe we lack info to determine what DPC wanted out of those... maybe is the MC remembering something important he did while being blackout drunk. If we take into account the fact that he remembered one time he was too drunk, he will probably remember the aftermatch of the dorm party, which he also was blackout drunk and this can lead to some more evidence of what they mean.

But for now, if i had to guess, it was something shocking that MC did or saw that his drunkness blocked his memory from acessing. But it had such an impact on his mind that it eventually flashed back into thought.

Tinman021

Sep 25, 2021
The flashback came out of nowhere and in such an odd way that it can only rise questions and eyebrows. I want to believe it is plot relevant and not just a funny thingy DPC has done, but who knows.

I believe we lack info to determine what DPC wanted out of those... maybe is the MC remembering something important he did while being blackout drunk. If we take into account the fact that he remembered one time he was too drunk, he will probably remember the aftermatch of the dorm party, which he also was blackout drunk and this can lead to some more evidence of what they mean.

But for now, if i had to guess, it was something shocking that MC did or saw that his drunkness blocked his memory from acessing. But it had such an impact on his mind that it eventually flashed back into thought.
If the last is the truth, then I am more concerned that it means basically we have no say on that plot.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
One step at a time, bro.

Nope. You will never get used to it. Trust us, you will NOT.

Oh no, they aren't.

Cammy just answered in ep. 9. Deal with it.

Nothing changes. Honestly, who cares.

She's the least interesting character in the whole game.

She's a most despicable person. Only a most despicable person would drag her best friends into drugs addiction just because Quinn will give her a 10% discount.

Yes. Most pictures are selfies, anyway. Therefore the blackmailer had access to DIKs' laptop AND installed the camera.
Who said Karen was her best friend. It seems like they just know eachother and hangout sometimes. I never got the feelings they were close.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Who said Karen was her best friend. It seems like they just know eachother and hangout sometimes. I never got the feelings they were close.
Who said it? me and common sense. If Karen isn't her best friends, then she has no friends.

Anyone have a save file for Jill path? my saves are fucked up.
You've got a whole year ahead before episode 11.

• Haha
Reactions: Denz0

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
If these flashbacks are just to show how immature and irresponsible he has been in the last few months it will be very depressing. I'm expecting something big to come from these flashbacks.

Furthermore, I don't think he will assume any leadership position... as his popularity increases, the DIKs' distrust of his loyalty will increase in the same proportion.

In Ep.10 the DIKs already started pointing fingers at the MC for allowing prepps to enter the Halloween party, at the end of Ep.10 Jacb also questions the MC about his loyalty... The MC will be banned from the DIKs in the next episodes.
It is not for nothing that it is written at the beginning so that either he loses his family or his family loses him. Letting the Preps in was the right decision because at the end we saw who was handing out the flyers. Beth. The only question is who Beth is working with. But Gordon or any other prep won't work with Beth.

The Blackout review from the Pink Rose won't be the last. Why? The MC did something with Maya after the Pink Rose. I actually think it was so Maya did something with the MC. The player can decide in front of the pink rose whether the MC wants to help Maya or not. The final shot of his Pink Rose Blackout flashback is of him puking in Maya's laundry basket.

We learn so the MC was naked in front of the Pink Rose entrance. I strongly suspect it was so he could get some clothes to wear. It was probably a bikini or female underwear. So he came back to Maya's dorm. Now think about where this laundry basket is? Right by Maya's bed. The MC laid down next to Maya when she was drunk and in female underwear.

At the end of EP5 we see the HOT list that Maya and Josy have to fulfill. Something on this list has been crossed off as done. What? Making out with a girl. But we know so Maya has sex with Josy for the first time in EP6. Who was that girl? It was the MC. Why?

Maya was fooling around with the drunk MC who was in female clothing. She wanted to make out with a girl, complete a task on the list. Derek took a picture of it. Maya sold the image to Quinn as making out with a girl. Task completed. But Patrick also saw the video or photo. Derek showed Patrick and reassured him that there was a guy in those feminine clothes. Patrick didn't believe that. That's why Maya takes the next step at the end of EP3.

But you don't believe me yet. OK. Let's move on to EP7. What did Patrick say to the MC? That he doesn't think he's a ladylike boy. Why? The image of the blackout. The MC doesn't remember it yet. But Maya does, as her reaction in EP7 proves.
screenshot0001.png

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The game should only cover the first year, the MC has to establish himself in that first year, and in the end DPC only needs to show B&R with the MC as leader of the best frat, his position on campus, his popularity, the relationship with the girl who he chose...

You guys have been mentioning Lily a lot in the last few pages, she, for example, is someone we see mature, she has her frat's leadership position as a target, she is working to make use of her popularity, and she is a freshman, just like us, I think we can even predict the same for Caleb, MC, Lily and Caleb are equivalent, each taking leadership positions in their frats.

The MC is already in charge of planning the parties, and is the "treasurer" of the frat, he is already one of the leaders, but it is still not enough for a protagonist.

Regarding doubts, the DIK's will doubt each other, not just the MC, but they won't doubt forever, at some point they will solve this mystery, and it will probably be the MC who will unravel the mystery, he has to deserve the position of leadership, someone is going to have to keep the DIK's together in this ordeal, just like it was when the mansion was destroyed.

As for the flashbacks, I don't think it's something serious, like, for example, a way for the DPC to give the answers to the mysteries, that's not interesting.

View attachment 3180321
But the picture shows one thing. The MC doesn't have his jacket on. Symbolism. Either the MC loses the DIKs or the DIKs lose the MC. Two paths.

Martial arts is the secret. The MC could be very valuable to the college if he is really good at martial arts. Why? The jocks are all losers. The MC becomes the jock for the DIKs. He is then officially a jock, but lives with the DIKs. Why?

Dwayne is a high level fighter and PT. Out of pure love, he wants to train the MC for free. Well, whoever believes it. I figure so that someone is already paying Dwayne. Sage has a hand in this. Who pays PT Dwayne? Stephen Burke. We read in EP10 to see Sage talking to her father about having to reinstate Chad. Sage also tells her father so that the jocks take banned substances. Sage will also have told her father so that the MC is a martial artist who does not consume any banned substances. Stephen Burke promotes the MC and pays Dwayne. Chad's Stephen Burke probably knows who gets the jocks their banned substances. That's why Quinn has that awkward conversation with Stephen Burke. If a Jock MC lives in the DIK Mansion, then the HOTs can party with DIKs endlessly and no rules are broken because the MC is then a Jock. He just has to become successful. (The DIKs lose the MC because he becomes a jock)

The other side of this coin is that when the MC is with Quinn, he becomes like Mick. Street fighter. (The MC loses the DIKs because he goes with Quinn.)

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah, I get errors during the zombie gameplay and just ignore them. I'm running macOS 14.2 and launch the game via renpy. Anyone else run into errors during the zombie game?
same. are you using the compressed version?
can you also try reloading a save into the haunted mansion in episode 9? i also crashes there now.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So there you have it. Episode 10 is a step in the right direction, but still short of what I was hoping for in terms of both plot and character development.

tl;dr A substantial improvement over Episode 9 and there's certainly plenty of content, but the game is still more interested in making promises than it is in delivering on them.

Oh, and the minigames have finally gone rampant and are hellbent on consuming humanity. None shall escape.
You totally nailed it.

Will DrPinkCake prove you wrong? I don't think so.

What our MC tells us at the end of the update is hinting at the fact that we will get just another runaround and the boy will cry wolf once again.

Why? well, DrPinkCake "needs" 6 more episodes, at least. The game is his main fat source of income: this is why we will have more and more convoluted and unwanted fillers like minigames and Madame Rose - the development needs to be dragged and the storyline needs to be stretched.

• Sad
Reactions: Gunizz and ename144

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Hello guys, does anyone have an ep.9. save what can i play for cathy scene? Unfortunately, in all my saves, they just talk on the street and say goodbye to each other...

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes