Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
DPC's laziness makes me think we'll see the 3 San Diego losers again, hard that once the model is created, DPC will leave it to mold. e.g. Emma either hates zoey, or she's her best/only friend, sooner or later she's bound to come back into the picture

the how depends a bit on what plans he has for Zoey, and the escapes put off character development.

in the next chapter I think a return of MC to his home country is likely, and that would be the perfect scenario, without the pressure from the LIs or SGs, for Zoey to finally tell him why she came back.

but she could also continue to not answer her phone for the entire third season and give DPC time to set up another big plot twist
The interlude should have focused more on MC/Zoey's past than on San Diego and these characters. The arc where she and MC are together at the beginning is too short. Not enough to give most players any emotional attachment to Zoey, and many ended up viewing her as an insolent invader.
Reuniting with the San Diego characters in case of failure with MC would be a stupid narrative step, these guys are just another completed page in her life, and it was with them Zoey realized that this was not all for her and what she was missing. But we'll see.

Aug 29, 2023
I finally found someone who fully expresses my opinion of Jill.
First time I played the game, I didn’t want anything to do with Derek.

Because face it, the first encounter he comes across as an utter douchebag. Comments on Sage’s body, comments on Jade’s body; if you dare mention Sage’s ass you’re gonna be “assman” for the rest of the game. Cockblocking you when it comes to Maya makes no sense at first, plus he’s shit at keeping secrets.

Plus if you remember Liam from Acting Lessons—now there’s an awesome friend. Derek’s a pale imitation. The horny doofus grew on me over time, but it took time.

But yeah, when you’re not pursuing Jill, it’s annoying to get tangled up in her deal. A date you can’t avoid? Multiple yoga sessions you can’t avoid? Tennis with Tybalt you can’t avoid?—okay, smacking him in the nuts is fun, but still. And I have no problem with helping Jill out at the concert; that’s always the right thing to do. But yeah, the rest I can do without.

Same as getting dragged into Dungeons and Gremlins games in the library. I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out how to get killed quickly. Took me less time to figure out how to win!

This is not a game where [Zoey] will fuck someone to get MC's attention.
That’s more of a Riona move.

• Red Heart
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020

Because face it, the first encounter he comes across as an utter douchebag. Comments on Sage’s body, comments on Jade’s body; if you dare mention Sage’s ass you’re gonna be “assman” for the rest of the game. Cockblocking you when it comes to Maya makes no sense at first, plus he’s shit at keeping secrets.

Plus if you remember Liam from Acting Lessons—now there’s an awesome friend. Derek’s a pale imitation. The horny doofus grew on me over time, but it took time.

But yeah, when you’re not pursuing Jill, it’s annoying to get tangled up in her deal. A date you can’t avoid? Multiple yoga sessions you can’t avoid? Tennis with Tybalt you can’t avoid?—okay, smacking him in the nuts is fun, but still. And I have no problem with helping Jill out at the concert; that’s always the right thing to do. But yeah, the rest I can do without.

Same as getting dragged into Dungeons and Gremlins games in the library. I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out how to get killed quickly. Took me less time to figure out how to win!

I completely agree about Derek, I never liked him. As for Jill... At least she can be rejected quickly if you don't kiss her on a date.
What's really annoying is the forced feelings for Maya and Josie, which only get rid of in episode 4.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The interlude should have focused more on MC/Zoey's past than on San Diego and these characters. The arc where she and MC are together at the beginning is too short. Not enough to give most players any emotional attachment to Zoey, and many ended up viewing her as an insolent invader.
Reuniting with the San Diego characters in case of failure with MC would be a stupid narrative step, these guys are just another completed page in her life, and it was with them Zoey realized that this was not all for her and what she was missing. But we'll see.
but DPC did it this way, this is the way that most deeply reflects his artistic sense :love: , and now he has these 3 characters already nice and done. between using them and inventing 3 others he will reuse them.

there are thousands of ways they can come back into the game, it's not necessarily Zoey who has to take refuge from them (with what money would she go to San Diego?), they can be the ones to seek her out for better or worse.

Reactions: dalli_x

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
but DPC did it this way, this is the way that most deeply reflects his artistic sense :love: , and now he has these 3 characters already nice and done. between using them and inventing 3 others he will reuse them.

there are thousands of ways they can come back into the game, it's not necessarily Zoey who has to take refuge from them (with what money would she go to San Diego?), they can be the ones to seek her out for better or worse.
I would write a small story event that turns California into an island just so they don't come back.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

ad5a17fc15e10683c83d1160db7abad5.gif

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
:HideThePain: :KEK: oh boy, me?

So, after the "incident" with Jacob, Zoey will bring Jonah sometime once (as you think and assume) to show & tell to the rest of DIKs to fuck off (figuratively)? DIKs is not a Patrick and Zoey is not a Maya. She can speak up and can be precisely direct when she wants. She is a very "DIK" girl in this sense.

In short, will Zoey bring Jonah in to preemptively get rid of a couple more DIKs, instead of cornyly telling them that she's not interested in them is a such way if they try to hit on her? And it's me, who creating a problems? :HideThePain:
Of course Zoey can be direct, but a lot of people are offended by that sort of thing. Many people cannot cope with a direct and white manner because the truth can be very painful.

Your problem again, how does Jonah come to a DIK party without Zoey. The solution is Jill and/or the MC. Jill's Jonathan doesn't have the opportunity or time to meet Jill until winter to help her with her campaign. At the end of EP10 it starts to snow. Winter has arrived. So Jonathan will show up soon. I wouldn't even be surprised if he's already there, we just haven't seen him yet because Derek and the MC haven't gone to Bella's house yet.

Your problem will again be why would Jonathan be there? Jill and Isabella are there and because Jonathan is from San Diego, he needs a place to sleep. He can't sleep in the Royce Villa and the reason might be Lana or because Jill and Jonathan aren't such close friends. Isabella has a room that is locked but free.

Another problem of yours will be again so that Jonah is not Jonathan? But why not? Nickname. Josephine wants to be called Josy. Isabella is called Bella by close friends. Russel has mutated into Rusty, just not Tybalt. Derek calls himself D-Boy and John JB. It's not hard for me to believe that a Jonathan would also be called Jonah.

Since you're so into problems, I'll give you the next one. Then why does Jill call Jonathan and not Jonah? Because they're not that close friends now. We find out about this in EP7 because Jill writes to Jonathan that she hasn't written to him in a while. From Jill's perspective, it would be inappropriate to address Jonathan as Jonah.

But now you can't imagine how Jill and Jonathan could have met. This will be a problem for you, although the solution is simple. Isabella once went on vacation with Jill in her home country. She also met her friends Emma and Bret and who works for Bret? Jonah. Of course you see another problem, which was actually clarified for me by EP5 and Interlude. In EP5, Isabella herself says so that her college is further away from her home and that she has left friends behind. In Interlude we see so Emma has a tattoo of Isabella and probably Bret on her arms. You don't get a tattoo of someone you don't like on your arm. This is how Jill, Isabella and Jonathan met. The cherry on top, of course, would be if Jonathan had known Lana. Why? That could be why Jill thought of a campaign in the first place, and Jonathan offered to help Jill with it.

Jonah aka Jonathan will show up at a DIK party one way or another and meet Zoey. Both of them will be very familiar with each other because they are very close friends. Zoey doesn't even have to lie for Jonah to be her boyfriend. Her familiarity will turn off a lot of guys. You can't see a person's personality, only their physical appearance. As we know from Interlude, people tended to misjudge Jonah. Zoey doesn't have to tell or lie for Jonah to be her boyfriend, that's what the others will assume when they see Zoey and Jonah together. Now don't come with a contrived problem so the DIKs just have to ask Jonah. Why would the DIKs do this? Most DIKs are cowards who are just making a fool of themselves. Jonah's appearance suggests he's a tough guy, even though he's not. The DIKs will continue to talk to Zoey, but will not make any more advances.

• Hey there
Reactions: Kpyna

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Sorry, but you are creating a problem where there is none. Zoe can simply say: “Guys, move away, I'm not fucking with you and I don't have to explain why.”The end.
I don't create problems, I solve them.

Most people feel offended when someone speaks to them so directly and then feel hurt. The truth can be very painful. Zoey learned this in EP10. The MC was honest with Zoey and Zoey couldn't handle it.

The next thing would be so that Zoey doesn't like to talk about feelings and that she could avoid future embarrassing situations. The conversation between Zoey and Jacob was uncomfortable for both of them. Jacob opens up, Zoey rejects him, and Jacob feels like a clown. Through Jacob, Zoey finds out that the MC has moved on. It's truth and it hurts Zoey.

It's not just a matter of what you say to someone, but also how you say it to someone.

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
I don't create problems, I solve them.

Most people feel offended when someone speaks to them so directly and then feel hurt. The truth can be very painful. Zoey learned this in EP10. The MC was honest with Zoey and Zoey couldn't handle it.

The next thing would be so that Zoey doesn't like to talk about feelings and that she could avoid future embarrassing situations. The conversation between Zoey and Jacob was uncomfortable for both of them. Jacob opens up, Zoey rejects him, and Jacob feels like a clown. Through Jacob, Zoey finds out that the MC has moved on. It's truth and it hurts Zoey.

It's not just a matter of what you say to someone, but also how you say it to someone.
Okay, let's summarize what you said. Zoe brings another guy because she doesn't want to hurt the Diks' feelings. As for the feelings of the presenter who sees Zoe with someone else, she doesn’t care about that. Did I understand everything correctly?

• Thinking Face

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
But then why wouldn't Zoey want a DIKs to hit on her?

she doesn't want it now because she still has to clear up with MC, but having a fake boyfriend certainly wouldn't help her in that

once she clears up with MC why would she need a "beard"? at that point if DIKs insistence is really a problem she will stop hanging out with them
Zoey "But also, you're friends with [name]. Hooking up with someone he's close to, I would never do that to him."

This is the only thing that matters and has weight in this dispute, how openly a certain character declares his intentions and attitudes and what exactly he/she says.

Zoey says that she wouldn't hook up with MCs friends (DIKs) or he is close to. This also means and includes girls and MCs LI as well and ruins some people fantasies about 3-somes with Zoey, etc. She is not THAT type.

Same goes for 3-somes with Sage (on her branch). I doubt very much it could be a J&M in such case, it seems very clear that 3-somes option for Sage would be among SGs only, and probably between ones, that haven't their own paths (Camila, for first). But on the contrary, Sage is the best option for 4-some on the J&M branch. Such scenes must be a path/branch specific. 3/4-somes can't be just an "optional" ones, there's too much effort and time consuming thing and work on to offer it as an option, while option usually also includes choice between something, rather than just accept or decline it. It depends on consequences, of course, so if they are negative, player should be able to decline it in advance.

Zoey may (and will) regret that she didn't tell about her feelings and emotions in time, but she clearly will not hook up with someone from the DIKs and at the same time remain/pretend a friend of the MC. 2 factors at a time. She values the MC friendship AND she doesn't want to hook up or get too close to someone MC is friends with. Her words and personality. And don't tell me that TC will convey ANY girl to cheat/to break their words and do something finally with MC if he just ask about it. Being implemented this will create almost unlimited branching, so it's quite impossible. There will be some specific girls and scenarios for this thing to play out, but Zoey doesn't look like an option here. I had a different opinion about her before episode 10, but the scene with Jacob changed my mind significantly.

And that's why her reaction when MC tells Jacob that he doesn't mind is so painful. She did not expect that MC wouldn't care and that he would be comfortable (and to be fair, MC is also not comfortable with this thought internally). And it doesn't look like a reasonable way to get rid of her. Rather, on the contrary, this is a very bad option, imo.

She takes the information much more calmly that MC already has a girlfriend (if he is with someone from MG) in the diary scene. And I don't see a scenario where she would try to make MC change his mind or that she would do something to spite him in order to get him back. It's not compatible with friendship and everything she's talked about before. But she won't mind to become a "backup" option if MC relationship goes south for some reason. Sage told MC about the same, btw.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Take a breath, guys. Orange guy (Jonah) is not coming anywhere. This character is just a background decoration to fill out the environment in the Interlude. As one of the thousands of faceless NPCs who give you a quest, go to that location and bring me that thing. His job was to create drama for that Emma cunt and that’s it. Sometimes he will appear in the comments under Zoey's clucks and that's all. Zoey will definitely not date anyone until her relationship with MC is finalized. This is not a game where she will fuck someone to get MC's attention.
I agree with you so Zoey won't date anyone else if the MC thing isn't over. But the Jacob decision either contributes to closure or it doesn't. In my playthrough there is this conclusion and another conclusion? This is the last chat with Zoey. I always choose for the MC to wish Zoey a happy Thanksgiving, not for the MC to rehash last night's conversation. There's a reason for this because in EP9 Zoey says so she doesn't want to lose her friendship with the MC again. Friendship, not relationship.

How was Jonah supposed to create drama for Emma?

DPC wrote us an explanation as to why he made Interlude and it was for two reasons. One reason was because of the technical implementation and the second reason was so that we could see connections later in the game. I'll be more direct. When I wrote about Zoey coming back a long time ago, way before we even knew about Interlude, I read answers like this. The majority of players have denied it. DPC creates detailed characters, gives them a story, and then leaves them as just unimportant NPCs. Well, whoever believes it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Zoey "But also, you're friends with [name]. Hooking up with someone he's close to, I would never do that to him."

This is the only thing that matters and has weight in this dispute, how openly a certain character declares his intentions and attitudes and what exactly he/she says.

Zoey says that she wouldn't hook up with MCs friends (DIKs) or he is close to. This also means and includes girls and MCs LI as well and ruins some people fantasies about 3-somes with Zoey, etc. She is not THAT type.

Same goes for 3-somes with Sage (on her branch). I doubt very much it could be a J&M in such case, it seems very clear that 3-somes option for Sage would be among SGs only, and probably between ones, that haven't their own paths (Camila, for first). But on the contrary, Sage is the best option for 4-some on the J&M branch. Such scenes must be a path/branch specific. 3/4-somes can't be just an "optional" ones, there's too much effort and time consuming thing and work on to offer it as an option, while option usually also includes choice between something, rather than just accept or decline it. It depends on consequences, of course, so if they are negative, player should be able to decline it in advance.

Zoey may (and will) regret that she didn't tell about her feelings and emotions in time, but she clearly will not hook up with someone from the DIKs and at the same time remain/pretend a friend of the MC. 2 factors at a time. She values the MC friendship AND she doesn't want to hook up or get too close to someone MC is friends with. Her words and personality. And don't tell me that TC will convey ANY girl to cheat/to break their words and do something finally with MC if he just ask about it. Being implemented this will create almost unlimited branching, so it's quite impossible. There will be some specific girls and scenarios for this thing to play out, but Zoey doesn't look like an option here. I had a different opinion about her before episode 10, but the scene with Jacob changed my mind significantly.

And that's why her reaction when MC tells Jacob that he doesn't mind is so painful. She did not expect that MC wouldn't care and that he would be comfortable (and to be fair, MC is also not comfortable with this thought internally). And it doesn't look like a reasonable way to get rid of her. Rather, on the contrary, this is a very bad option, imo.

She takes the information much more calmly that MC already has a girlfriend (if he is with someone from MG) in the diary scene. And I don't see a scenario where she would try to make MC change his mind or that she would do something to spite him in order to get him back. It's not compatible with friendship and everything she's talked about before. But she won't mind to become a "backup" option if MC relationship goes south for some reason. Sage told MC about the same, btw.
but is it normal that NOW Zoey does not want to date a DIK, but once everything was cleared up, and in the case MC was not interested in her, what would be the problem?

what is the principle of not dating a friend's friends? doesn't make sense, she wants to attend their party but doesn't want to be considered? another one of those reassurances that DPC feels he has to give to the children who play his AVN

it's not like if MC stops Jacob, Zoey shows all this joy and reassurance. her mood swings constantly between guilt and regret. they are different moods but from the same sphere.

the fact that she takes the news of MC's girlfriend's existence better is debatable, she does so because MC is there in front of her, but when she turns her back on him to leave she shows all the sadness of the case

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
I agree with you so Zoey won't date anyone else if the MC thing isn't over. But the Jacob decision either contributes to closure or it doesn't. In my playthrough there is this conclusion and another conclusion? This is the last chat with Zoey. I always choose for the MC to wish Zoey a happy Thanksgiving, not for the MC to rehash last night's conversation. There's a reason for this because in EP9 Zoey says so she doesn't want to lose her friendship with the MC again. Friendship, not relationship.

How was Jonah supposed to create drama for Emma?

DPC wrote us an explanation as to why he made Interlude and it was for two reasons. One reason was because of the technical implementation and the second reason was so that we could see connections later in the game. I'll be more direct. When I wrote about Zoey coming back a long time ago, way before we even knew about Interlude, I read answers like this. The majority of players have denied it. DPC creates detailed characters, gives them a story, and then leaves them as just unimportant NPCs. Well, whoever believes it.
Dude... This is cruel. You dump such a confession on her and the next day you act as if nothing happened. For what? There will be plenty of opportunities in the future to tell Zoe that you are not interested in a relationship.
I agree that the interlude characters will return, I just don't believe Zoe will use Jonah as a cover guy.

• Hey there

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Then why do we need TC if it won't play a role? Zoey as well as Josy are classic rival girls to spice up the story. The difference is that Josy is not available as an option on her own path, while Zoey is universal for all paths.
I can already see DPC creating a sad meeting between Zoey and MC in the vein of last episode, where Zoey tearfully says she loves him and wants it all back, and other romantic and tearful shit.
And that's where the very TCs that will have an accumulative effect come into play. Just like Patrick's points. He'll probably reject Josy, Zoey, maybe someone else for a while, but if he gets enough points, he'll say yes.
It's the most logical assumption.
It's gonna be pretty simple to implement. The game will be designed so that the scenes with Zoey will be both on the Others branch, where MC can fuck Zoey, and on the branches of other girls, provided the necessary number of points are accumulated.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Okay, let's summarize what you said. Zoe brings another guy because she doesn't want to hurt the Diks' feelings. As for the feelings of the presenter who sees Zoe with someone else, she doesn’t care about that. Did I understand everything correctly?
Don't forget the feelings of this other guy she brings. He either has to ignore his own feelings to be Zoey's beard (suppose he see someone at the party he wants to talk too), or he's gay and can't be himself in public, because Zoey. I think after a while of this crap Zoey's friends and aquaintences would start to avoid her so they could live their own lives.

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
Then why do we need TC if it won't play a role? Zoey as well as Josy are classic rival girls to spice up the story. The difference is that Josy is not available as an option on her own path, while Zoey is universal for all paths.
I can already see DPC creating a sad meeting between Zoey and MC in the vein of last episode, where Zoey tearfully says she loves him and wants it all back, and other romantic and tearful shit.
And that's where the very TCs that will have an accumulative effect come into play. Just like Patrick's points. He'll probably reject Josy, Zoey, maybe someone else for a while, but if he gets enough points, he'll say yes.
It's the most logical assumption.
It's gonna be pretty simple to implement. The game will be designed so that the scenes with Zoey will be both on the Others branch, where MC can fuck Zoey, and on the branches of other girls, provided the necessary number of points are accumulated.
Do you think that cheating would require certain actions, such as touching Sarah's ass?
Pretty bad writing. Just because I'm not interested in Sarah's ass doesn't mean I'm not interested in Zoey's ass.

Sun of Rome

Dec 18, 2023
Do you think that cheating would require certain actions, such as touching Sarah's ass?
Pretty bad writing. Just because I'm not interested in Sarah's ass doesn't mean I'm not interested in Zoey's ass.
It doesn't matter at all. The main thing is that TCs have a cumulative effect.
The whole mechanics of the game is based on this principle. The player performs actions, the game remembers them and when the key scene comes the game recalls his actions.

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
I haven't played being a dik for about 18 months or more due a mod I was using the paths not working right when it went to season 2 or 3 and having to now stick to one path as the game originally intended. Has this been fixed or is this a remaining issue that isn't fixable?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

You are right about many things.

In Jacob's case, you can see that you shouldn't tell Jacob everything because you can't trust him, so he handles information sensitively and just blurts everything out. He didn't have to tell Zoey, but he did because he was grasping at the last straw. Jacob doubts the MC in the DIK traitor matter, but he himself is harming a brother who had recently shown himself to be a true brother. Not a subtle move from Jacob.

But that's my opinion. I still thought about the TC because it's not interesting to me.

I also doubt a threesome with Sage and Josy or Maya. That would only happen if Josy and Maya split up. But for a foursome, J&M are almost predestined. The only question is whether the MC is dating, for example Sage, and they both invite J&M or the MC is in a relationship with J&M. Both Josy and Maya have hinted that there could be a third girl that they would invite for fun or maybe more. In my playthrough, Sage is practically excluded because Sage expresses gratitude for making true friends. So I'm thinking of Melanie or Elena. With Melanie it would be all about fun, no feelings.

Elena is a special case. Yes, she is dating JB, but there is strange hint. Elena asks the MC in EP9 if she sounded like a man. Elena could also easily disguise herself as a man. She's secretive, helpful and really into the MC. She also has nothing against sex with girls or boys. She is very open sexually. I'm assuming so she wouldn't cheat on JB and it wouldn't be cheating if JB knows so she has sex with J&M&M and JB is okay with it. I can also imagine JB cheating on Elena and the two breaking up. Elena would be perfect as a "Beard" (actually she wouldn't even be a "Beard"), whether for Josy or Maya. All four of them could appear in public because Elena could pass as a guy with appropriate clothing and a male voice. As Derek said to Maya in EP10. Let Maya think about the fourth wheel. Elena would be a suitable fourth wheel.

• Hey there
Reactions: goubiboulgaa
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes