DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
With Patrick you can never be totally sure he's a lot things including being a abusive asshole but that don't mean a racist too but that don't chance how truly awful the guy is
Patrick is just a stereotype bad guy, just like Tybalt and Dawe.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Well... Maya's skin has many problems, some of them are even baked on the diffuse (base color) maps and, unless you remake 'em, they'll persist, but you can do many things to improve it: remove all displacement maps; remove the bump maps (a bad bump is worst than no bump at all, and Maya's bump maps are just desaturated versions of the diffuse maps -- which are not entirely bad but there are some problematic areas that are transfered to the bumps --, remove the top coat bump maps; and, if you want to attenuate it even more, replace the glossy and TC weight maps with the "Micros.jpg" provided with DT Yolanda materials. Here's the comparison (I'm using the ass not onlly because I'm fond of this part of the body, but because it's one of the most problematic areas when it concerns Maya's skin materials):

MAYA'S DEFAULT MAPS (DT YOLANDA):

View attachment 3427112

MAYA'S MATERIALS REWORKED ONLY REMOVING/CHANGING MAPS (NO PHOTOSHOP NECESSARY):

View attachment 3427117

Perfect? Not. But, IMHO, better (those white dots are baked in the diffuse map and could only be removed in a photo editor like Photoshop of GIMP. It's possible to do it and, at the same time, retain Maya's characteristics, but it's more worksome).
Today after the discussion I experimented a little and in the Surfaces section changed the base bump for Maya skin from the default 2 to the minimum position and made two test renders. Indeed, the picture has become a little better and this proves that the situation is fixable.
Still, skin is far from perfect.

Reactions: The Dick

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Yes it is. It's one of the most basic stereotypes. The bad guy who is a bad guy for no other reason than being a bad guy.
That doesn't apply to Patrick he thinks he doing this for Helen he just totally wrong in how he does it

WadeWilsoon

Oct 1, 2019
Hang on, someone please refresh my memory. Wasn't it canon and unavoidable that MC invites Zoey to the party? So how is that a curveball?
No, it reveals in a flashback if I'm not wrong. Right after she appears in the party. The curveball part is her just smiling to the camera in one render while MC talks to Dereck.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
MC/Stanley/Josy threesome?

That's good shit.
Josy: "I'm not in a good place right now....."

Some days later....

"LAAAAAAAA.....EE....DIES!!!! AND...GENT...TLEMEN.... NEW Tonight to the Pink Rose! Give it up for our new girl!!!!!!!!! LOLA!!!!!!!!"

:::::Chorus of the Kinks song blares out...... Josy comes out in an amazing outfit. Guys in the place verify their financial situation....:::::::

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes