ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Well, mate, I think complexity matters... There's a big difference between a novel (because I don't consider them games) that's just "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", and so on, and a game that has a complexity of branches, decisions, and variables attached to it.
However, that's basically just nothing but obfuscation of the same, simple premise, isn't it? The branching and the decisions don't actually influence the plot in any noticeable manner beyond whose sex scenes you will see on the given playthrough. Now, i'm not excluding possibility this suddenly changes, but i also don't think the likeliness of that happening is high, half way through.

Moreover, you can say that BaDIK is really a game: even if you want to see a scene, you may blunder and not be able to do it. The proof is there's a walkthrough and people in the forums asking for help to unlock some scenes, while in those "skipnetic" games, not even the really mentally challenged needs a walkthrough to see any scene.
I see people ask for walkthrough or "full saves" even for simplest of games because they're first and foremost fucking lazy and would rather get spoon-fed for guaranteed outcome (i.e. these sex scenes) than even try to think for themselves. BaDIK is still a Choose Your Own Adventure book at heart: sure, maybe with a few more decision points, but it doesn't really change its basic nature.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Hell, more thing happend in episode 5, than in episode 9 .
:rolleyes:
Nope... EP5 party was several times smaller than EP9. There are no flashbacks and other stuff, which also works as story progression.

Of course there are really slow moments but are you telling me the story is moving faster now?
I think this fact does not deserve to be disputed... both story moving faster and bigger number of events per episode. I mean really significant ones.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well, here's why I think you are wrong. Even back in the day, DPC wasn't leaving his computer idle while he was working on his day job. His computer was rendering 24/7 back then too. So the limiting factor wasn't how much time he spent on "creating", but how fast his computer could render his creation. The fact that he wasn't a full time developer was somewhat irrelevant.
I can't confirm or deny this, and neither you. DPC can say whatever the fuck he wants to say, and it's up to individual person whether to believe him or not. I tend to belive him less and less, personally.

past experience however showed, he was more productive when he was a part time developer.
after all he did finish a game over in a year. He was able to tel a full story, with a bit more than 5000 Render, now he need 5000 render for a Halloween party night. and at the same amount of time, with more free time, and better, way better equipment than one 1080ti.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
past experience however showed, he was more productive when he was a part time developer.
after all he did finish a game over in a year. He was able to tel a full story, with a bit more than 5000 Render, now he need 5000 render for a Halloween party night. and at the same amount of time, with more free time, and better, way better equipment than one 1080ti.
I think it'd be more accurate to say DPC used to be more concise, not productive.

His productivity (in terms of code, renders etc) is on similar, if not higher level. But he now spends way more of resources on every single, small bit of his story where previously he'd be thriftier with the allocation and thus faster with delivering tangible output.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
:rolleyes:
Nope... EP5 party was several times smaller than EP9. There are no flashbacks and other stuff, which also works as story progression.
there is an actual day and night circle in episode 5. That is the point, it's not a couple of hours in a party. You start with the evaluation, go to the party than spend the night at Bella, Drive home cathy, and the morning, time with Bella and Jill, Yoga, Sauna, pancake and than you visit Sage, and Josy and Maya, and then MC visit the mansion give a speech and get his jacket.

in ep 9, in 90% you are in the Dik mansion walking to one room to an another. ep 9 felt claustrophobic

and extremely funny that that 10 % flashback, in before halloween somehow MC did not find the time to tell Josy and Maya that he chose or not chose them, but he had time to sexting with Lily, or visit a hospital for STD test. :whistle::LOL:

Reactions: The Dick

Hobodouken

Mar 18, 2024
A Sage and Jade throw down would be pretty interesting for the story if it was to ever happen. Bring on the daytime talk show antics. I'm all for it. With that said, my money is on the Fiery Redhead.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The story was moving faster? At the end of EP5 we are barely passed through 1(!!) week in game universe. Even if the events was intense it was just a Hell week stuff and first week in college. Which is NOTHING in terms of planned year for the whole story.
I assume that Darkwen meant the development of the story for the characters and not the time component of the story.

EP1-EP4 served to get to know the characters of the game and to make a future-oriented decision regarding the LIs with EP4. That's why it's tied to the EP4 branch.

EP5-EP8 are intended to consolidate or change the decision made by the player regarding the LIs. I assume that changing an LI between EP5 and EP8 will only have milder consequences. But in EP8 the selection of the LI is made fixed.

In Season 3, the MC's player can finally start to strengthen the relationship the MC has entered into and set the course for a future with his girl in the right direction, or he can really mess it up by cheating. In this respect, EP9 was really enlightening because the TC points were introduced and the MC may or may not collect a lot of such points during the Halloween party. Remember what Jill said in EP4. As long as the MC isn't in a committed relationship, dating other girls isn't a problem. But in EP8 we had to make a firm branch decision.

So I think for Riona's kidnapping to actually be the introduction to the Season 4 theme.

Reactions: TREXrg

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I can't confirm or deny this, and neither you. DPC can say whatever the fuck he wants to say, and it's up to individual person whether to believe him or not. I tend to belive him less and less, personally.

Well, I have a fair number of issues with the way DPC operates, but I haven't come across an any good reason why he'd lie about his development work yet. Literally every single bit of talk about "slacking off", "slowing down", "milking", etc. are pure speculation with no actual proof whatsoever.

As far as 5000 renders for a full AL stories vs 5000 renders for an episode of BADIK, it goes back to my same point - not all episodes are created equal. And for the same reason, not all renders are created equal. And surely you are not saying AL is as complicated and expansive a story as BADIK, right?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I looked this up on Dr. PinkCake’s Patreon blog out of curiosity.
  • Episode 1 of Acting Lessons dropped May 2018.
  • Ep 2, mid-May.
  • Ep 3, mid-June.
  • Ep 4, mid-July.
  • Ep 5, mid-August.
  • Ep 6, mid-September.
  • Ep 7, mid-October.
  • Ep 8 (final), December 2018.
Eight episodes in eight months. I know; it’s hard to imagine lately!

While Dr. PinkCake was dropping those last episodes, he was simultaneously developing Being a DIK. He completed four episodes—the entirety of Season 1—in 2019. I get why it took him longer to work on Being a DIK: more paths, mini-games, and detail.

He’s since slowed down a lot. Partly because of perfectionism, and partly to milk (and potentially lose) patrons. But that quarterly schedule shows us what he’s truly capable of.

The total size of Acting Lessons is less than 1/8th of the size of BADik at this point. Your argument is asinine.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I assume that Darkwen meant the development of the story for the characters and not the time component of the story.

EP1-EP4 served to get to know the characters of the game and to make a future-oriented decision regarding the LIs with EP4. That's why it's tied to the EP4 branch.

EP5-EP8 are intended to consolidate or change the decision made by the player regarding the LIs. I assume that changing an LI between EP5 and EP8 will only have milder consequences. But in EP8 the selection of the LI is made fixed.

In Season 3, the MC's player can finally start to strengthen the relationship the MC has entered into and set the course for a future with his girl in the right direction, or he can really mess it up by cheating. In this respect, EP9 was really enlightening because the TC points were introduced and the MC may or may not collect a lot of such points during the Halloween party. Remember what Jill said in EP4. As long as the MC isn't in a committed relationship, dating other girls isn't a problem. But in EP8 we had to make a firm branch decision.

So I think for Riona's kidnapping to actually be the introduction to the Season 4 theme.
Your right what I meant was that the story was developing faster and the relationships with characters, sometimes time moved slowly and other times it was moving faster but the point is the story made progress which is the important part

Reactions: TREXrg and dalli_x

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
Yeah, but every episode actually moved forward that event , and its actually started in episode 3 , the whole hell week arc. stil more than episode 9. Hell, more thing happend in episode 5, than in episode 9 .
You are right, there are no more events, there are more routes. In season 1, we all played the same playthrough with minor changes. Now the game is divided into routes with a lot of exclusive content. As a result, the game grows in width, not in length.
I think the DPC could have stayed in the 2 updates per year mode if they had left only 5 main girls available for relationships, and the rest only as a "Fuck at a party" function. Fortunately, he didn't, because I would have quit the game then.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Imagine rose petals whirling around hotel room
Leaving traces of lustful passion cocktail

Overgrown feelings manifested in bride and groom
Venus queen and Mars king under loves veil
Enchanted delight clears all feelings of doom

Natural soothness instead bolsters the sail

In vast romance ocean under moonlight loom
Couple of opposites magnetized together can never fail
On this dark night stars like fireworks boom
Letting world know beggining of a forever tale

Even time claiming us eventually will leave everlasting tomb

Had to write another poem for my lovely Nicole :love:
English is not my first language so sorry if something looks... off.

Aug 29, 2023
The total size of Acting Lessons is less than 1/8th of the size of BADik at this point. You're argument is asinine.
I am argument is asinine?

Easy poke at grammar aside: Okay, Being a DIK is currently more than eight times as big as Acting Lessons. Fair. Still, eight episodes of Acting Lessons were created faster than one season 3 episode of Being a DIK; the entirety of season 1 was created faster than one season 3 episode of Being a DIK. And Dr. PinkCake is now a full-time developer with much faster processors.

So maybe there’s a valid reason for the holdup; maybe it takes a mighty long time to brainstorm new ways of torturing us mini-games. First figure out how they might fit the context of the game. then code them in Python, then shake the bugs out by playing them over and over. That could reasonably take a month per game. Meanwhile, contests for special renders so he can raise money.

Just another reason for me to hate mini-games.

Mini-games.2.jpg

shanayawilliam29

Aug 13, 2019
I have downloaded s3 for this game how can i continue with it. As i have played s1 and s2 before but deleted them from laptop entirely so i cant import anything. Is there a way i can play all of it now

Mnblpo

Apr 29, 2020
In his Q&A DPC said that two of his favourite lewd scene to write were the two big anal only scenes in which MC fucks Sage and Bella in the ass for the first time, so I think this pattern will repeat in next episodes. My main candidates for ep 11 are obviously Josy and Maya, as after all the teasing during Halloween threesome I expected to see at least one of them trying it in ep10. The way I feel anal will be introduced is by a dare in the game they are playing, either by MC to both of them or more likely one daring the other. So I expect them to be all together when it happen, but I wonder if they will both try it or one will only watch the other (it would be fun if also this time Josy lets Maya try it and than bails out, or even the opposite as a revenge for the tongue piercing accident).
Another possible candidate, although I think less likely as she is not a main girl, is Lily, that hinted in a few occasions the possibility to let MC fuck her in the ass.
My very optimistic theory for anal fans is that DPC planned this season 3 as a first anal season for all main girls, even if I don't know if Jill will be ready for it by ep 12. Do you think there is that possibility or is it still to early?
So, which girls do you think will let MC inside their asses next and who would you like more having anal sex with him?

Reactions: TREXrg

COACHRIDDLA

Dec 2, 2018
In his Q&A DPC said that two of his favourite lewd scene to write were the two big anal only scenes in which MC fucks Sage and Bella in the ass for the first time, so I think this pattern will repeat in next episodes. My main candidates for ep 11 are obviously Josy and Maya, as after all the teasing during Halloween threesome I expected to see at least one of them trying it in ep10. The way I feel anal will be introduced is by a dare in the game they are playing, either by MC to both of them or more likely one daring the other. So I expect them to be all together when it happen, but I wonder if they will both try it or one will only watch the other (it would be fun if also this time Josy lets Maya try it and than bails out, or even the opposite as a revenge for the tongue piercing accident).
Another possible candidate, although I think less likely as she is not a main girl, is Lily, that hinted in a few occasions the possibility to let MC fuck her in the ass.
My very optimistic theory for anal fans is that DPC planned this season 3 as a first anal season for all main girls, even if I don't know if Jill will be ready for it by ep 12. Do you think there is that possibility or is it still to early?
So, which girls do you think will let MC inside their asses next and who would you like more having anal sex with him?
Jill will take it up the bum in the upcoming episode. She will at least try it after the tremolo guy asks her. Will it be successful, who knows

4.80 star(s) 1,532 Votes