felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hello guys!
At the end of episode 3 you have to choose who will host you (isabella, sage, derek), which is the best choice?
also, if you choose to continue the josy&maya route, will you only miss the immediately following scene with the teacher (jade) or will this route be lost in general?
Thanks !
In the third chapter you choose which character you are interested in. This in itself has no major consequences.

If you do not show up for your appointment with Jade, the story with her ends. And also the one with Cathy, which in turn ends the one with Bella.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Hello guys!
At the end of episode 3 you have to choose who will host you (isabella, sage, derek), which is the best choice?
also, if you choose to continue the josy&maya route, will you only miss the immediately following scene with the teacher (jade) or will this route be lost in general?
Thanks !
Depends on future plans: Bella is best for Bella and/or Jill routes, Sage is better for Sage route, and also Others route if your focus is on the other HOTs in that path, Derek is probably best for Josy and Maya (simply because there's less temptations thrown in from the other routes).

Choosing Josy and Maya closes off the Jade route.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
And on the Quinn path if he is dressed in a tux and brings flowers to Quinn in front of all the HOTS.

Certainly she would like this very much!!!!!

:ROFLMAO:
That would be such a romantic scene I would even propose in front of everybody.
It will be a great story to tell our children someday.

• Haha
Reactions: znar25 and UrFriend
Aug 29, 2023
I looked this up on Dr. PinkCake’s Patreon blog out of curiosity.
  • Episode 1 of Acting Lessons dropped May 2018.
  • Ep 2, mid-May.
  • Ep 3, mid-June.
  • Ep 4, mid-July.
  • Ep 5, mid-August.
  • Ep 6, mid-September.
  • Ep 7, mid-October.
  • Ep 8 (final), December 2018.
Eight episodes in eight months. I know; it’s hard to imagine lately!

While Dr. PinkCake was dropping those last episodes, he was simultaneously developing Being a DIK. He completed four episodes—the entirety of Season 1—in 2019. I get why it took him longer to work on Being a DIK: more paths, mini-games, and detail.

He’s since slowed down a lot. Partly because of perfectionism, and partly to milk (and potentially lose) patrons. But that quarterly schedule shows us what he’s truly capable of.

Looking.jpg

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I looked this up out of curiosity.
  • Ep 2, mid-May.
  • Ep 3, mid-June.
  • Ep 4, mid-July.
  • Ep 5, mid-August.
  • Ep 6, mid-September.
  • Ep 7, mid-October.

While Dr. PinkCake was dropping those last episodes, he was simultaneously developing Being a DIK. He completed four episodes—the entirety of Season 1—in 2019. I get why it took him longer to work on Being a DIK: more paths, mini-games, and detail.

He’s since slowed down a lot. Partly because of perfectionism, and partly to milk (and potentially lose) patrons. But that quarterly schedule shows us what he’s truly capable of.

View attachment 3459670
Here we go again with the false math.

Not all episodes are created equal. There are more content in a single episode of season 3 than the ENTIRE season 1. And more than the ENTIRE AL game. So no, he hasn't slowed down.

Look, I'm not a fan of the long wait. I'm on record multiple times on this forum stating that the more recent episodes should be broken down into multiple smaller episodes so that there is a more steady stream of new content. But any suggestion of DPC slow down, or milking, is entirely bs.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Snippets from a recent Q&A with DPC

After a release/during beta you mention you start planning development on the next episode and events that will be covered in the episode. Is there a flow you follow? Like do you develop the episode in the order of events that will happen chronologically, or do you tackle the larger scenes/scenes you are looking forward to the most to develop in that episode?

Yeah, there is an established workflow. I want to stay efficient and I want my hardware to work 24/7. The flow comes naturally through that desire. I've got a master document for the game that contains everything from minor to major events, entire dialogue trees or just single jokes. I look at this document and extract what I need to build a new episode. It's a document that grows and shrinks during development as new ideas are added and used. When the game is complete, I expect the document to be empty, as I want to cover everything I've written.

I know you take your time for the creation of a new episode that you need and the results prove that it is the right way. But i must admit that roundabout one year between episode 9 and 10 was a long wait for me. Do you think about strategies to shorten this time without pressuring yourself?

I always try to optimize my workflow, but I can't work more or faster than I already do. I'm working at full capacity, and this is what it will be like until the game is completed.

I can't create the same quality episodes without cutting content or rushing the development, and I don't want that. The long development times don't bother me. Making games of this quality takes time and even back when I made Acting Lessons and released one episode per month, some players wanted me to put out episodes even faster - it's ridiculous when you think about it.

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
I think one of the main reasons updates take so long is the amount of branching or stuff like that and I would much rather lots of branching than the typical trash game on here which has such riveting choices as 'do you want to see this sex scene?'
And when comparing Acting Lessons to BaDIK development time people seem to forget the difference in overall quality of the game. Some may not like mini-games, but they do add some actual gameplay to the game (except for the claw machine one, that thing is straight up cursed) and considering Renpy's limited capabilities DPC is milking this engine dry.

Aug 29, 2023
…the typical trash game on here which has such riveting choices as 'do you want to see this sex scene?'
Tell me about it. I played a game last month where all the “choices” were a big joke. The choice would change one line of dialogue, then the story would continue just the same as if you’d made the other choice. And in some places, there was only one choice. Just a button to press before the game proceeded.

Plus the characters were annoying and the story made no goddamn sense. The images looked good, but there was no animation nor music, so there’s no reason it should’ve been as big a download as it was.

Its like this big Sally.jpg

Unless the app is actually a Trojan horse… but I deleted it after I grew bored, so maybe that won’t be a problem later.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Tell me about it. I played a game last month where all the “choices” were a big joke. The choice would change one line of dialogue, then the story would continue just the same as if you’d made the other choice. And in some places, there was only one choice. Just a button to press before the game proceeded.

Plus the characters were annoying and the story made no goddamn sense. The images looked good, but there was no animation nor music, so there’s no reason it should’ve been as big a download as it was.

View attachment 3459721

Unless the app is actually a Trojan horse… but I deleted it after I grew bored, so maybe that won’t be a problem later.
Yeah it's one of my biggest pet peeves.
Thankfully BaD has a good amount of branching.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
I looked this up on Dr. PinkCake’s Patreon blog out of curiosity.
  • Ep 2, mid-May.
  • Ep 3, mid-June.
  • Ep 4, mid-July.
  • Ep 5, mid-August.
  • Ep 6, mid-September.
  • Ep 7, mid-October.

View attachment 3459670

Not all episodes are created equal. There are more content in a single episode of season 3 than the ENTIRE season 1. And more than the ENTIRE AL game. So no, he hasn't slowed down.

Look, I'm not a fan of the long wait. I'm on record multiple times on this forum stating that the more recent episodes should be broken down into multiple smaller episodes so that there is a more steady stream of new content. But any suggestion of DPC slow down, or milking, is entirely bs.
OMG, both are you are Fake. :LOL:

DPC was a A Part-time developer, before Badik episode 5. Episode 5 from start to finish was the first episode when he worked at as a Full Time Game developer, . Everything before that, including the whole , and entire Acting Lessons was made while he had a " Rel life Job", and game development was just a Side gig for him, and in fact, he worked faster when game development was just a hobbie project to him:whistle:. Kind of Ironic. :whistle:

So, Yeah in fact he is working slower now, with much more time, and way , way better equipment, because it is in his interest to not make it fast.
:coffee:

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020

Ep10 by it self is bigger then some finish games here, DPC would be better serve if he would stick to ep 7 or 8 size sure some eps might feel smaller or maybe not as much time with some girls but it would even out over time and besides it would likely mean more ep's

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Ep10 by it self is bigger then some finish games here, DPC would be better serve if he would stick to ep 7 or 8 size sure some eps might feel smaller or maybe not as much time with some girls but it would even out over time and besides it would likely mean more ep's
another thing to consider , since its seem to be used as a defense that ep 9 and 10 has more " content" than the entire first season, the first 4 episode, is that, while in render count it does get bigger, both has over 5000 render both , but in those 2 episode and with 10.000 Render, are really much more actually happend than the firt 4 episode ?
:whistle::coffee:

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
another thing to consider , since its seem to be used as a defense that ep 9 and 10 has more " content" than the entire first season, the first 4 episode, is that, while in render count it does get bigger, both has over 5000 render both , but in those 2 episode and with 10.000 Render, are really much more actually happend than the firt 4 episode ?
:whistle::coffee:
9 didn't really move the story any but 10 did actually move things forward but I do agree with the point I think your making in that the story was moving faster when he was doing less renders

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes