jingtu

Feb 14, 2018
Does being with Jade ruin the Sage branch?

This most certainly has been asked before but I'm desperate and can't find an answer, about to stop and restart the whole thing T_T

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Actually, they don't. Of course, if you pay the full price, you'll be ripped off, but anyone who hanged around for a while in Daz Store will realize those full prices are there just to create the psychological effect that, when they give you a discount, you think you're making a great deal -- which, sometimes you are because some discounts are so great I don't think they even pay for having your asset in the clouds so you can download 'em anytime you want. But the real prices of those assets are like 10~15% of the full price for non-Daz originals and 5~10% for Daz Originals (sometimes and in some special events even more for older assets). You just have to be patient. And Mr. DPC has been around for long to know that. Which reminds the time I used to tip him a dollar to stay in his Patreon and saw one his posts that was like "Oh... I have to buy assets and they're so expensive..." And I though, "OMG, this guy is so full of bullshit..."
I refuse to believe he not pirating the things if he can. That's all I'm gonna say.
There is obviously things he is paying for, but I refuse to believe that everything is "bought".
He was once one of us :cautious:

Reactions: AmaroPargo

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
A typical day at F95. Nothing new :ROFLMAO:

This happens with every game with every update drop; not everyone can afford the luxury of a monthly fee. Just an observation that this release was a record breaking one.

This is guesswork. We don’t know how much development costs him, thousands of assets from DAZ, each costs the same as an AAA game, bills for electricity, hardware, + he lives from this money, not having another job.
Maybe now yes, the dude is a multimillionaire and is buying himself another Koenigsegg, but even to go on Steam and release there Season 1 he needed patrons - this is how the indie industry works in most. No Patreon - no game, that's simple. Especially such heavy project like BaDIK.
Which it great ep 10 did that but if DPC was worried about his money he would be moving faster, personally I don't think number from the around the update and after it count unless he keeps them it the middle numbers that between updates that count

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I think one of the main reasons updates take so long is the amount of branching or stuff like that and I would much rather lots of branching than the typical trash game on here which has such riveting choices as 'do you want to see this sex scene?'
I mean, for the most part the choices in BaDIK boil down to whose sex scene you will see or skip, too. :whistle:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Does being with Jade ruin the Sage branch?

This most certainly has been asked before but I'm desperate and can't find an answer, about to stop and restart the whole thing T_T
Not yet, but that's not to say no altogether. Sage hasn't found out about Jade yet so we don't know her reaction. If you showed the video to the DIKs then Stephen is going to use it in divorce proceedings with Jade so Sage is almost certain to find out. If you didn't show the video to the DIKs then it's unknown if she'll find out, but it's still possible Jade will say something.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
The Patreon system is cool and allow to support an endeavor with little if no guarantee. Problem is when patrons detract it from his meaning (updating a game) to a render/report project.

When devs realized this, that pigeons give them money whether or not they update the game. Why would they bother? That's what those people are encouraging with their amoral attitude. Procrastination.

In the end, good for the devs. They don't need to work anymore. Just sad for the players as the updates now take more than one year and games progress at the speed of a snail.

Let's not get make DPC a martyr though.
Never a martyr. There is something to scold him for. An obsession with control, a ridiculous solution with 60 fps animations, heavy censorship on Discord/Patreon and aversion to criticism... But I won’t blame the DPC for doing business, it’s ridiculous. After all, every game developer doing business.
And here there is something to agree with, BaDIK and top games have a one-year development cycle. With huge updates, visuals that have stepped far forward in 5 years and this is really difficult for one person, Felice correctly noted here. But we have what we have. Personally, I would prefer large updates than 300 renders for half an hour once a month, as was before.
Which it great ep 10 did that but if DPC was worried about his money he would be moving faster, personally I don't think number from the around the update and after it count unless he keeps them it the middle numbers that between updates that count
He may and will begin to worry if there is a strong downward trend on Patreon, which is not observed now. Plus sales on Steam.

Reactions: FRVN and The Dick

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
I mean, for the most part the choices in BaDIK boil down to whose sex scene you will see or skip, too. :whistle:
Well, mate, I think complexity matters... There's a big difference between a novel (because I don't consider them games) that's just "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", and so on, and a game that has a complexity of branches, decisions, and variables attached to it. Moreover, you can say that BaDIK is really a game: even if you want to see a scene, you may blunder and not be able to do it. The proof is there's a walkthrough and people in the forums asking for help to unlock some scenes, while in those "skipnetic" games, not even the really mentally challenged needs a walkthrough to see any scene.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
OMG, both are you are Fake. :LOL:

DPC was a A Part-time developer, before Badik episode 5. Episode 5 from start to finish was the first episode when he worked at as a Full Time Game developer, . Everything before that, including the whole , and entire Acting Lessons was made while he had a " Rel life Job", and game development was just a Side gig for him, and in fact, he worked faster when game development was just a hobbie project to him:whistle:. Kind of Ironic. :whistle:

So, Yeah in fact he is working slower now, with much more time, and way , way better equipment, because it is in his interest to not make it fast.
:coffee:
Well, here's why I think you are wrong. Even back in the day, DPC wasn't leaving his computer idle while he was working on his day job. His computer was rendering 24/7 back then too. So the limiting factor wasn't how much time he spent on "creating", but how fast his computer could render his creation. The fact that he wasn't a full time developer was somewhat irrelevant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Rendering is way faster than creating... Just saying...
Surely that depends on what you are creating? Once you have the models the way you want them and the environment sets all set up then all you need is the posing. The largest part of the creation is completed before rendering is even started for the first episode.

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
He may and will begin to worry if there is a strong downward trend on Patreon, which is not observed now. Plus sales on Steam.
That could happen if patreon's get tired of waiting it would test if DPC really means it when he says he would keep making the game even if he was the only one playing

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
So he didn't... It was just propaganda then... Have you ever tried to create something in Daz and then render it... No use to argue about things that can be verified by experience.
Are you creating something from scratch and then rendering it, or are you posing existing models in existing environments and then rendering it?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Well, mate, I think complexity matters... There's a big difference between a novel (because I don't consider them games) that's just "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", "blah blah blah", "do you wanna see that scene?", and so on, and a game that has a complexity of branches, decisions, and variables attached to it.
However, that's basically just nothing but obfuscation of the same, simple premise, isn't it? The branching and the decisions don't actually influence the plot in any noticeable manner beyond whose sex scenes you will see on the given playthrough. Now, i'm not excluding possibility this suddenly changes, but i also don't think the likeliness of that happening is high, half way through.

Moreover, you can say that BaDIK is really a game: even if you want to see a scene, you may blunder and not be able to do it. The proof is there's a walkthrough and people in the forums asking for help to unlock some scenes, while in those "skipnetic" games, not even the really mentally challenged needs a walkthrough to see any scene.
I see people ask for walkthrough or "full saves" even for simplest of games because they're first and foremost fucking lazy and would rather get spoon-fed for guaranteed outcome (i.e. these sex scenes) than even try to think for themselves. BaDIK is still a Choose Your Own Adventure book at heart: sure, maybe with a few more decision points, but it doesn't really change its basic nature.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Hell, more thing happend in episode 5, than in episode 9 .
:rolleyes:
Nope... EP5 party was several times smaller than EP9. There are no flashbacks and other stuff, which also works as story progression.

Of course there are really slow moments but are you telling me the story is moving faster now?
I think this fact does not deserve to be disputed... both story moving faster and bigger number of events per episode. I mean really significant ones.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Well, here's why I think you are wrong. Even back in the day, DPC wasn't leaving his computer idle while he was working on his day job. His computer was rendering 24/7 back then too. So the limiting factor wasn't how much time he spent on "creating", but how fast his computer could render his creation. The fact that he wasn't a full time developer was somewhat irrelevant.
I can't confirm or deny this, and neither you. DPC can say whatever the fuck he wants to say, and it's up to individual person whether to believe him or not. I tend to belive him less and less, personally.

past experience however showed, he was more productive when he was a part time developer.
after all he did finish a game over in a year. He was able to tel a full story, with a bit more than 5000 Render, now he need 5000 render for a Halloween party night. and at the same amount of time, with more free time, and better, way better equipment than one 1080ti.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
past experience however showed, he was more productive when he was a part time developer.
after all he did finish a game over in a year. He was able to tel a full story, with a bit more than 5000 Render, now he need 5000 render for a Halloween party night. and at the same amount of time, with more free time, and better, way better equipment than one 1080ti.
I think it'd be more accurate to say DPC used to be more concise, not productive.

His productivity (in terms of code, renders etc) is on similar, if not higher level. But he now spends way more of resources on every single, small bit of his story where previously he'd be thriftier with the allocation and thus faster with delivering tangible output.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
:rolleyes:
Nope... EP5 party was several times smaller than EP9. There are no flashbacks and other stuff, which also works as story progression.
there is an actual day and night circle in episode 5. That is the point, it's not a couple of hours in a party. You start with the evaluation, go to the party than spend the night at Bella, Drive home cathy, and the morning, time with Bella and Jill, Yoga, Sauna, pancake and than you visit Sage, and Josy and Maya, and then MC visit the mansion give a speech and get his jacket.

in ep 9, in 90% you are in the Dik mansion walking to one room to an another. ep 9 felt claustrophobic

and extremely funny that that 10 % flashback, in before halloween somehow MC did not find the time to tell Josy and Maya that he chose or not chose them, but he had time to sexting with Lily, or visit a hospital for STD test. :whistle::LOL:

Reactions: The Dick
4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes