Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
He’s since slowed down a lot. Partly because of perfectionism, and partly to milk (and potentially lose) patrons. But that quarterly schedule shows us what he’s truly capable of.

View attachment 3459670
But the thing is that he didn't lose patrons. After Ep.8, DPC reached a plateau at an average of 13k patrons, and now after a record-breaking wait for Ep.10, he has broken the record, reaching 19k patrons.
So it seems his audience is okay with this long wait scheme.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
9 didn't really move the story any but 10 did actually move things forward but I do agree with the point I think your making in that the story was moving faster when he was doing less renders
To be fair look at any TV show or movie all the good shit happens near the end the rest is just useless filler.

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
To be fair look at any TV show or movie all the good shit happens near the end the rest is just useless filler.
Yeah but what is filler really? We going from A to B there got to be a journey other wise moves and story driven shows would only be 15 to 30 minutes and shows would what be just 2 or 3 eps at the most

Reactions: Lilyfan4lyf

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah but what is filler really? We going from A to B there got to be a journey other wise moves and story driven shows would only be 15 to 30 minutes and shows would what be just 2 or 3 eps at the most
To me filler content is stuff like mini games or useless sex scenes with ugly old cows like madam rose.
And any girl you can't end up with romantically.

And shows can't be two or three episodes how would studios milk their audiences dry then?

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
To me filler content is stuff like mini games or useless sex scenes with ugly old cows like madam rose.
And any girl you can't end up with romantically.

And shows can't be two or three episodes how would studios milk their audiences dry then?
Pretty much no one likes Madam Rose but she isn't slowing things down and the mini games aren't slowing down things what is slowing things down is DPC wanting to make everything bigger and bigger and animations of Zoey running thought the woods or the preps taking a walk plus his own milking scams he try to shove down our throats

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
Ironically, without them the game wouldn't exist.
Well what is the real numbers because the jump he gets from ep 10 or 9 doesn't really count because most likely are just buying the update then leaving until the next one which is pretty smart on there part, it the base number that really keeping this going

Reactions: Lilyfan4lyf

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
o_O, yes she does, those 3 scenes alone was probably at least a month. Making the Renders, the animations, the script, and everything for just those 3 useless scene.
Three scene I've never seen thankfully yes Madame is a waste of time but I'm not going to blame a girl I don't even see

Reactions: AmaroPargo

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Between steam and "occasional" patreons, I think its existence would be assured anyway
He went to the " Full time Game developer " mode, when he reached the 3500 patreon target mark, that was his target, when he decided, if he reach that goal he quit his job.

everything is just a big fat bonus check now. :LOL:. and reassurance that he can, wait for it .... Milk it:whistle::p:ROFLMAO:
:coffee:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
It always makes me laugh when people make fun of patrons do they not realise no patrons no game?
A typical day at F95. Nothing new :ROFLMAO:
Well what is the real numbers because the jump he gets from ep 10 or 9 doesn't really count because most likely are just buying the update then leaving until the next one which is pretty smart on there part, it the base number that really keeping this going
This happens with every game with every update drop; not everyone can afford the luxury of a monthly fee. Just an observation that this release was a record breaking one.
Between steam and "occasional" patreons, I think its existence would be assured anyway
This is guesswork. We don’t know how much development costs him, thousands of assets from DAZ, each costs the same as an AAA game, bills for electricity, hardware, + he lives from this money, not having another job.
Maybe now yes, the dude is a multimillionaire and is buying himself another Koenigsegg, but even to go on Steam and release there Season 1 he needed patrons - this is how the indie industry works in most. No Patreon - no game, that's simple. Especially such heavy project like BaDIK.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
9 didn't really move the story any but 10 did actually move things forward but I do agree with the point I think your making in that the story was moving faster when he was doing less renders
The story was moving faster? At the end of EP5 we are barely passed through 1(!!) week in game universe. Even if the events was intense it was just a Hell week stuff and first week in college. Which is NOTHING in terms of planned year for the whole story.

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
Ironically, without them the game wouldn't exist.
The Patreon system is cool and allow to support an endeavor with little if no guarantee. Problem is when patrons detract it from his meaning (updating a game) to a render/report project.

When devs realized this, that pigeons give them money whether or not they update the game. Why would they bother? That's what those people are encouraging with their amoral attitude. Procrastination.

In the end, good for the devs. They don't need to work anymore. Just sad for the players as the updates now take more than one year and games progress at the speed of a snail.

This is guesswork. We don’t know how much development costs him, thousands of assets from DAZ, each costs the same as an AAA game, bills for electricity, hardware, + he lives from this money, not having another job.
Let's not get make DPC a martyr though.

Reactions: chuck69

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A typical day at F95. Nothing new :ROFLMAO:

This happens with every game with every update drop; not everyone can afford the luxury of a monthly fee. Just an observation that this release was a record breaking one.

Maybe now yes, the dude is a multimillionaire and is buying himself another Koenigsegg, but even to go on Steam and release there Season 1 he needed patrons - this is how the indie industry works in most. No Patreon - no game, that's simple. Especially such heavy project like BaDIK.
A project involving only one person cannot be so heavy and so in need of funds for survival.... Then certainly the more one earns, the happier one is

Reactions: The Dick

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
The story was moving faster? At the end of EP5 we are barely passed through 1(!!) week in game universe. Even if the events was intense it was just a Hell week stuff and first week in college. Which is NOTHING in terms of planned year for the whole story.
Yeah, but every episode actually moved forward that event , and its actually started in episode 3 , the whole hell week arc. stil more than episode 9. Hell, more thing happend in episode 5, than in episode 9 .

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
Of course there are really slow moments but are you telling me the story is moving faster now?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna
4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes